Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Guest

Recommended Posts

Pans Jambo
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

a better answer than scottish national lite party offer I suppose 

Its happening. Coming down the tracks. 100%

 

Scottish Independence in all its glory.

 

You wont beat us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Space Mackerel

    646

  • Smithee

    584

  • manaliveits105

    520

  • jack D and coke

    489

Pans Jambo
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon has been politiking all along with these poor women - absolutely shameful behaviour 

Nope, the names being leaked by the tolies and then leaking the results of the enquiry. shameful but that what you get from the toly unionists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Only about 56% of us I would say.

 

The embarrassing thing about the whole affair is that the women who complained about Eck got nothing. The yoons then made a massive fuss about who said what to who and when and tried to get another woman in bother.

 

Ended up being a palava about heehaw all in the middle of the biggest pandemic in modern history that our First Minister has had to handle.

 

The tories then knowing full well it would fall on its arse pushed ahead with a vote of no confidence! And they are the first to harp on about "doing the day jobs".

 

The tories should die of embarrassment.

That was indeed my point - that the SNP have rounded on each other but still somehow nobody has done anything wrong and everything is swept under the metaphorical carpet. It doesn't bode well for an independent Scotland.

 

The Tories did what they did as they clearly saw what was going to happen and decided to be the party that would set themselves up to point the finger at least, whereas Labour, Greens Libdems and randoms just mildly sat by doing not very much at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

It was you that used the word, and  you were talking about this whole Salmond thing, as if this episode proves Scotland is too rubbish to run it's own affairs.

 

Anyway, it would be different, but we'd be gaining access to a market of nearly half a billion people, Europe's not that far away.

And we'd have a say in which shower of wankers are running the country, be able to hold them accountable and have a national government aimed at Scotland's best interests, not London's.

Well I guess we'll see in May whether the Scottish people have an appetite for holding people accountable...

Link to post
Share on other sites
steve123

Salmond going after Leslie Evans in court and reporting the leak to the Daily Record to the police.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

I see Eck is now vowing to lodge a Police Complaint. Hell hath no fury like an ex First Minister scorned it would seem. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh
Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Eck is now vowing to lodge a Police Complaint. Hell hath no fury like an ex First Minister scorned it would seem. 


Not only that but taking Leslie Evans back to court of session again. Under what charge I do not know

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:


Not only that but taking Leslie Evans back to court of session again. Under what charge I do not know

 

Well well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Well I guess we'll see in May whether the Scottish people have an appetite for holding people accountable...

Aye, so anyway, you were saying Scotland is so completely shit it isn't capable of running it's own affairs - that's just ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

So he wants to move on but he doesn't mind the women not being able to move on.  Remember them?  Those who complained about someone who openly admitted has not behaved very well towards women.  I dare say the election campaign will contain plenty of comment about it all.  

 

The powerful man of poor behaviour and judgement moves on.  The woman civil servant doesn't move on.  The complainers don't move on.  The gutter arguments don't move on.

Edited by Victorian
Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

Has Sturge said an iScotland would ban non electric new cars from 2030 on like the Toaries plan to? No doubt her wee green toad Harvie will shelve his eco principals if it affects his icash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So he wants to move on but he doesn't mind the women not being able to move on.  Remember them?  Those who complained about someone who openly admitted has not behaved very well towards women.  I dare say the election campaign will contain plenty of comment about it all.  

 

The powerful man of poor behaviour and judgement moves on.  The woman civil servant doesn't move on.  The complainers don't move on.  The gutter arguments don't move on.

 

The same women who were either  not believed or considered not to have a case. Then there were those who were demonstrably telling lies.

 

Nobody can tell me what he has done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

 

The same women who were either  not believed or considered not to have a case. Then there were those who were demonstrably telling lies.

 

Nobody can tell me what he has done.

 

I just see a man who admitted (only because he had little choice) to behaving poorly towards women continuing to pursue a campaign to damage women who made mistakes,  that were recognised and apologised for,  as well as dragging out the episode for the women complainers at the centre of this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Has Sturge said an iScotland would ban non electric new cars from 2030 on like the Toaries plan to? No doubt her wee green toad Harvie will shelve his eco principals if it affects his icash.

Ah good, back to regular levels of debate

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So he wants to move on but he doesn't mind the women not being able to move on.  Remember them?  Those who complained about someone who openly admitted has not behaved very well towards women.  I dare say the election campaign will contain plenty of comment about it all.  

 

The powerful man of poor behaviour and judgement moves on.  The woman civil servant doesn't move on.  The complainers don't move on.  The gutter arguments don't move on.


Tbf I would be fairly bitter and not quick to let go false rape and sexual assault charges. I would be going for anyone and everyone involved in that.  

He has made three statements since getting released. Think he has been pretty respectful of due course. 
 

 

Edited by AlimOzturk
Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
Just now, Smithee said:

Ah good, back to regular levels of debate

 

I will continue to expose snp lies and hypocrisy, true. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:


Tbf I would be fairly bitter and not quick to let go false rape and sexual assault charges against me go tbh. Let’s not forget these women. 

He has made three statements since getting released. Think he has been pretty respectful of due course. 
 

 

 

I think he should reflect on his own past behaviour and possibly come to terms with that behaviour contributing towards where he ended up.  He was subjected to legal error in the process but it's been dealt with and can't be put right any more.  

 

He should ask himself if any of this would have happened if he hadn't been the kind of man he was/is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster

I have no dog in this fight. I don't even live in Scotland anymore.

I just wish they would change Holyrood's electoral system. It's a convoluted mess. The worst possible implementation of proportional representation possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

I just see a man who admitted (only because he had little choice) to behaving poorly towards women continuing to pursue a campaign to damage women who made mistakes,  that were recognised and apologised for,  as well as dragging out the episode for the women complainers at the centre of this.  


He admitted to being inappropriate. The levels of inappropriateness is really important here. I have behaved inappropriate in the past - pretty certain I have told inappropriate jokes, flirted and maybe made sexist comments (in today’s standards anyways, not mine) of course I haven’t been the powerful head of a political party and this is what it boils down to. He is Alex Salmond. 
 

These people that coerced these girls into making this a criminal trial are utterly despicable if you ask me and are fundamentally what is wrong with modern day society. Salmond defends himself (twice) in court. All that is said “aw these poor girls”  how much time and money has went into this all? 

 

how about bringing them up on perjury charges because they have clearly lied in court.  That has been proven. But apparently lying about being raped or where to were on a specific day isn’t seen as that imprortant. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I have no dog in this fight. I don't even live in Scotland anymore.

I just wish they would change Holyrood's electoral system. It's a convoluted mess. The worst possible implementation of proportional representation possible.

I don't agree, it's far from perfect but by and large the share of seats is actually a pretty fair reflection of the vote in Scotland, much much more accurate than Westminster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

I think he should reflect on his own past behaviour and possibly come to terms with that behaviour contributing towards where he ended up.  He was subjected to legal error in the process but it's been dealt with and can't be put right any more.  

 

He should ask himself if any of this would have happened if he hadn't been the kind of man he was/is.  


Pretty certain being dragged through a rape trial is more than a legal error. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:


He admitted to being inappropriate. The levels of inappropriateness is really important here. I have behaved inappropriate in the past - pretty certain I have told inappropriate jokes, flirted and maybe made sexist comments (in today’s standards anyways, not mine) of course I haven’t been the powerful head of a political party and this is what it boils down to. He is Alex Salmond. 
 

These people that coerced these girls into making this a criminal trial are utterly despicable if you ask me and are fundamentally what is wrong with modern day society. Salmond defends himself (twice) in court. All that is said “aw these poor girls”  how much time and money has went into this all? 

 

how about bringing them up on perjury charges because they have clearly lied in court.  That has been proven. But apparently lying about being raped or where to were on a specific day isn’t seen as that imprortant. 

 

 

Were they coerced? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Das Viertel Hearts
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I worked several years in the oil industry.

 

Did ye aye?

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

I just see a man who admitted (only because he had little choice) to behaving poorly towards women continuing to pursue a campaign to damage women who made mistakes,  that were recognised and apologised for,  as well as dragging out the episode for the women complainers at the centre of this.  

 

Most people have a similar impression.The trouble is they found hin not guilty in all but one charge. The clear implication in some cases was that the women were lying. In particular the woman who claimed he attempted to rape her but was found not to have been in that place at that time. Her testimony was also different to the statement she had given police previously. 

  I can't see why we should let this woman move on. Why should she have anonymity, especially since it seems to have empowered her to invent a serious accusation. 

 It's almost as if this individual had a particularly desperate need to convict Salmond.

 

The police spent months investigating Salmond and came up with absolutely nothing and as far as i am aware Salmond has not admitted to anything of a criminal nature.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't agree, it's far from perfect but by and large the share of seats is actually a pretty fair reflection of the vote in Scotland, much much more accurate than Westminster.

 

The whole Additional Members thing is a massive consolation prize/losers medal. Give me Westminster democracy any day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

Were they coerced? 

 

The two who had their claims escalated to legal proceedings were. They specifically stated that they did not want to go legal but they were taken there anyway. They feel abandoned by the procedure. Stand by for an anonymous damages claim against the government. They'll take us for hundreds of thousands and we wont even know about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

I just see a man who admitted (only because he had little choice) to behaving poorly towards women continuing to pursue a campaign to damage women who made mistakes,  that were recognised and apologised for,  as well as dragging out the episode for the women complainers at the centre of this.  

 

Simply solved by dealing with the complaints properly.

 

Scottish Government still has a chance to do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

The whole Additional Members thing is a massive consolation prize/losers medal. Give me Westminster democracy any day.

Surely we all want a system that more fairly reflects the electorate's wishes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy Crossan
10 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

The whole Additional Members thing is a massive consolation prize/losers medal. Give me Westminster democracy any day.

You must be in the wynd up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Paddy Crossan said:

You must be in the wynd up 

 

No. I just like strong governments who get things done (even if it's the SNP who I dislike). But that's just me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

No. I just like strong governments who get things done (even if it's the SNP who I dislike). But that's just me.

 

I think the Coalitions have done reasonably well. Stable enough Government. Some compromise over budgets. 

 

22 years on it's been alright overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

 

Most people have a similar impression.The trouble is they found hin not guilty in all but one charge. The clear implication in some cases was that the women were lying. In particular the woman who claimed he attempted to rape her but was found not to have been in that place at that time. Her testimony was also different to the statement she had given police previously. 

  I can't see why we should let this woman move on. Why should she have anonymity, especially since it seems to have empowered her to invent a serious accusation. 

 It's almost as if this individual had a particularly desperate need to convict Salmond.

 

The police spent months investigating Salmond and came up with absolutely nothing and as far as i am aware Salmond has not admitted to anything of a criminal nature.

  

Nice of you to return to this thread. Thought you had lost your internet when you didn't post for two days when NS was found not to have broken the.ministerial code and won the ridiculous vote of no confidence. But no; as soon as AS sticks another knife in you are like a dog on heat. Thankfully the vast majority of snp supporters will make sure that she is still our FM after May.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nope, the names being leaked by the tolies and then leaking the results of the enquiry. shameful but that what you get from the toly unionists.

The name of one of the alleged "victims" was leaked by a member of Frau Murrell's staff.  Details of the Police investigation into Salmond were leaked to the Daily Record in 2018 by a senior Scot Gov official. Murrell, his wife and the rest of their cabal are rotten to the core.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, steve123 said:

Salmond going after Leslie Evans in court and reporting the leak to the Daily Record to the police.

Good lad Alex👍. In any normal organisation the kind of deceit, mismanagement, witheld documents, ignored legal advice and unminuted meetings that have occurred, would result in someone's head rolling. If Nicola Sturgeon thinks that one heavily redacted report, subsequently rendered "incomplete " or "misleading " exonerates her, then she seriously underestimates both Salmond and the Scottish voters.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

The whole Additional Members thing is a massive consolation prize/losers medal. Give me Westminster democracy any day.

What like the house of lords

Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

What like the house of lords

 

No, it should be abolished. An unelected and unaccountable free meal ticket, a mini Brussels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

No, it should be abolished. An unelected and unaccountable free meal ticket, a mini Brussels.

It will be for us once we gain independence 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
46 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

What like the house of lords

 

The House of Lords is an atrocity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Nice of you to return to this thread. Thought you had lost your internet when you didn't post for two days when NS was found not to have broken the.ministerial code and won the ridiculous vote of no confidence. But no; as soon as AS sticks another knife in you are like a dog on heat. Thankfully the vast majority of snp supporters will make sure that she is still our FM after May.

 

I replied to your "get it right up you" post. Did you miss it?

 

One man chose to believe her story that she forgot and so now we can proclaim that she didn't break the code. I doubt she would have been as successful as Salmond if she had gone on trial with her fellow citizens.

 

I don't believe her, not only does it stretch credibilty that she forgot when she was told this earth shattering news but she had perfect recount on exactly when she became aware that the government's case for the judicial review had become unstateable. Her forgetfulness seems to have helped her in one instance and her photographic detailed memory rescued her in another.

 

I fail to see where AS has stuck the knife in for the government. If you read any of the enquiry report you would know that Lesley Evans has been blamed for a lot and you would also know that the FM and the government agree that there were many failings. Nevertheless nobody has been sacked.

 

   What about the women who were railroaded into going to court when they expressly said they did not want to. They claim they were abandoned afterwards and yet Evans, the FM and the rest of them  repeatedly tell us that this whole thing is about the women. These two women don't think that. Hypocrisy of a high level even by the standard of politicians. Just as well they have Salmond to look after their interests by trying to bring Evans to some form of justice.

 

Salmond also wants to get the police to investigate the civil service to find out who illegally leaked the story to the press. They know it was from a small group close to the PS and the FM. How strange that such a leak should happen from a group so dedicated to the interests of these allegedly wronged women. I wonder how much thought was given over to these poor women before the leak happened. The story where Salmond was likened to the Wests, Jimmy saville, and the killers of James Bulger. The police and prosecution service spent huge sums investigating Salmond and came up with precisely zero. I don't think its much to ask the police to try and find out who leaker is.

 

She may well continue as FM but she is seriously damaged and will only survive because of the pitiful quality of opposition.

 

I only say what i think and its not my fault if Indy fails, nor could any reasonable person blame Salmond. I'm not hiding and i'm quite happy to be wrong but i cant unthink my thoughts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

The House of Lords is an atrocity.

In what way have the functions of the HOL had a negative impact on the lives of the citizens of this country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Candy said:

In what way have the functions of the HOL had a negative impact on the lives of the citizens of this country?

 

I support the concept of the Lords over an elected second chamber. However I do not support hereditary peers who are born to rule over this country.

I also hated how they obstructed every piece of Brexit legislation purely for ideological reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
46 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

It will be for us once we gain independence 

 

You know snp the plan is to go cap in hand to Brussels, right?  A vassal of the unelected and unaccountable commission and their empty rubber stamp assembly. 

Edited by JackLadd
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

You know snp the plan is to go cap in hand to Brussels, right?  A vassal of the unelected and unaccountable commission and their empty rubber stamp assembly. 

Cap in hand, really, research things before you talk guff

Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Cap in hand, really, research things before you talk guff

 

 

She's already been there cap in hand, begging for an audience that she didn't get. Maybe you missed it in your research, cheeky wideo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Both Sturgeon in holyrood and Fatty Blackford on tv today came out with the remember the two women at the centre of this -  line today - brass necks of them 

It was the snp who created the whole situation and have never given a thought for any of the women involved

Until the SNP’s skullduggery and dishonesty was exposed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...