The rise and fall of The SNP.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Just wondering why you are so angry about the Scot Gov wasting 500k on this but you haven't made a peep about the UK Gov squandering hundreds of millions.

Boris isn't "squandering " Scottish taxpayer's money. Prestwick Airport, Biofab,  Gaelic road signs etc etc. Nobody bothers but if the Toaaaaaries knocked £500k off the precious NHS budget,  all hell would break loose.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Dod just added his tuppenceworth in backing the Old Boys party.

One bit of good news. An odious individual is Harvie, pushing all his dangerous,  left wing, virtue signalling nonsense.  He can get back to knitting lentils now.

He's putting up 4 candidates.

Four.

In total.

In the entire country.

And all in regional lists.

But zoomers are banging on about him bringing doon the SNP or Independence itself

:rofl:

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There goes the SNP majority.  I laughed about Alex Salmond being a unionist plant but I’m honestly starting to wonder.  

:lol: And also

:cornette:

Auld Reekin'
50 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

One bit of good news. An odious individual is Harvie, pushing all his dangerous,  left wing, virtue signalling nonsense.  He can get back to knitting lentils now.

If only, somewhere in the UK, there was an odious party-leader pushing all his dangerous, right-wing, xenophobic / populist / knee-jerk / ill-thought-out / dishonest / jingoistic / flag-waving / open-gob-first-think-later-if-ever nonsense, right?   :huh:

For the sake of balance...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But it means two things:

1.  The chances of the SNP getting a majority has just fallen significantly.

2.  The have a Indy majority government the SNP would have to align with Alba and how likely does that seem.

3.  The green vote will plummet as people wanting Indy but not SNP will look to Alba.  

That excited you can't count to 3 :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

If only, somewhere in the UK, there was an odious party-leader pushing all his dangerous, right-wing, xenophobic / populist / knee-jerk / ill-thought-out / dishonest / jingoistic / flag-waving / open-gob-first-think-later-if-ever nonsense, right?   :huh:

:greatpost:

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Never did understand the meaning of "no" did he(?).

The man has the cheek to stand for Holyrood because he wants to help make Scotland a better place...while taking the government to court for more money.  Is an apology not enough while the country is toiling? I bet he keeps the lot.

Salmond is now just a Holyrood George Galloway.  

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The man has the cheek to stand for Holyrood because he wants to help make Scotland a better place...while taking the government to court for more money.  Is an apology not enough while the country is toiling? I bet he keeps the lot.

Salmond is now just a Holyrood George Galloway.  

If the Scottish government attempted to label you a rapist and sex offender whilst trying to jail you for the rest of your life would you not be out for blood? Especially after giving them every opportunity to resolve this through correctly? 

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

If the Scottish government attempted to label you a rapist and sex offender whilst trying to jail you for the rest of your life would you not be out for blood? Especially after giving them every opportunity to resolve this through correctly? 

You're spot on, who wouldn't?  It doesn't feel right someone running  for parliament wants to take money from it.  

It is the fault of the Murrell family so they should ****ing pay.  

John Findlay

All the SNP have to do is make the following statement. We welcome the Alba party as they are another party who aspire like us for an independent Scotland. Where Alba candidates are standing or on the listing the please feel free to vote for them. With a strong SNP and a strong Alba an independent Scotland will be closer than ever.

Takes the wind completely out of Salmond's sails. Will be interesting to see how the unionist parties handle this. 

George Galloway can gob off as much as he likes as he heads into political oblivion and the next series of I'm a celebrity.

Brighton Jambo

I just checked on Skybet and the odds of a majority for SNP in May is exactly the same as for no majority.  First time it’s been like that in over a year and at start of March you could get 1.36 for a majority and 3.50 for no majority.  That’s a big swing.

I don’t care what anyone says about the chances of a ‘super majority’ today’s move doesn’t do anything to help the Indy movement.  To say Alex Salmond is divisive is an understatement and how many undecideds are likely to change their mind based on him.  Conversely as I said before this is becoming all a bit silly.  I think a lot of soft yes and undecideds will just be getting fed up of the whole thing in that rather than being about the merits or otherwise of an independent Scotland it’s become a colossal battle between two huge egos.  

On the super plus side bye bye Ross Greer! 

Brighton Jambo
24 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That excited you can't count to 3 :lol:

Haha!  That’s embarrassing by me.  Maths was never my strong point.  

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

All the SNP have to do is make the following statement. We welcome the Alba party as they are another party who aspire like us for an independent Scotland. Where Alba candidates are standing or on the listing the please feel free to vote for them. With a strong SNP and a strong Alba an independent Scotland will be closer than ever.

Takes the wind completely out of Salmond's sails. Will be interesting to see how the unionist parties handle this. 

George Galloway can gob off as much as he likes as he heads into political oblivion and the next series of I'm a celebrity.

I dislike George Galloway so much I would vote for Alba ahead of his nonsense party.  

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Haha!  That’s embarrassing by me.  Maths was never my strong point.  

Glad you took my comment in the spirit it was intended. 👍

Shanks said no

Electoral Context:

The proportional representation mechanism of the Scottish electoral system, combined with the current level of support for the SNP in the constituency vote, mean that the SNP is unlikely to win more than 1 or 2 list seats.

The pro-Union parties, by contrast, rely on the list vote to secure their seats in the Parliament.

In effect, an SNP vote on the list will not increase the pro-Independence representation in the Parliament. However, as the Alba Party will stand only on the regional list, its pro-Independence vote is undiluted, and will be converted into a large number of Parliamentary seats.

A notional analysis of the 2016 result, assuming an Alba vote of 20-25% (being around half of the SNP list vote), would result in 20-25 Alba MSPs, and a Parliamentary majority for Independence in the region of +40, rather than the +5 which was achieved in 2016.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Except, they said this instead:

Screenshot_20210326-152043_BBC News.jpg

They have made mistake with that statement and missed a trick imho

maroonlegions

When all is said and done the people of Scotland will decide who has the majority in the Scottish parliament. 

Nothing like stating the obvious..

Labour under Starmer are now too right wing.

Scots are a social herd of people, they have that mentality, the more the Tories and red Tories like the current Labour leader deny or ignore , the more the chance that those Labour voters will swing to the nats.  

Edited by maroonlegions

Absolute scandal.  It's simply about installing himself back into the parliament for personal reasons.  The political party is entirely bogus and contrived.  What an arsehole.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Dod just added his tuppenceworth in backing the Old Boys party.

What could Russia Today host George Galloway possibly like about Russia Today host Alex Salmond standing for Parliament?

Maybe we'll get some of that Russian money diverted from the Tory Party to Holyrood after this election.

image.thumb.jpeg.672ab65c40e4bbee39bff6551313db43.jpeg

Alba Party announces 7000 members signed up after Alex Salmond announced new party. 

Spoiler

image.png.c9d85105ac9856b09981852b6ac4212d.png

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

image.thumb.jpeg.672ab65c40e4bbee39bff6551313db43.jpeg

Alba Party announces 7000 members signed up after Alex Salmond announced new party. 

Hide contents

image.png.c9d85105ac9856b09981852b6ac4212d.png

:gok:

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This seems to be the strategy

I bet that's common practice, hell plenty female Tory MPs end up looking like they raided Thatcher's wardrobe. Unless she's suggesting he was gonna do it himself, that's a bit shit. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I bet that's common practice, hell plenty female Tory MPs end up looking like they raided Thatcher's wardrobe. Unless she's suggesting he was gonna do it himself, that's a bit shit. 

Whether the Scottish Government will be able to hear the 2 complaints of harassment against Salmond if still pending. 

Probably not before the election.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Whether the Scottish Government will be able to hear the 2 complaints of harassment against Salmond if still pending. 

Probably not before the election.

Interesting, didn't know there were more. 

WoolfordsHearts
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I take it she never took him up on his offer then?

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Absolute scandal.  It's simply about installing himself back into the parliament for personal reasons.  The political party is entirely bogus and contrived.  What an arsehole.

He is a greedy sleazy bassa.  This is all about him.  Hates a pound note that swine.  

He even admitted to being a wee bit sleazy.   Creep. 

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But it means two things:

1.  The chances of the SNP getting a majority has just fallen significantly.

2.  The have a Indy majority government the SNP would have to align with Alba and how likely does that seem.

3.  The green vote will plummet as people wanting Indy but not SNP will look to Alba.  

Rubbish.

People who vote Green will not flock to Alba. Besides, there is every chance the SNP will win in constituencies alone.

I predict the SNP will fall short of a majority but will probably form a formal coalition with the Greens.

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Rubbish.

People who vote Green will not flock to Alba. Besides, there is every chance the SNP will win in constituencies alone.

I predict the SNP will fall short of a majority but will probably form a formal coalition with the Greens.

We’ll see.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I can't stand him but that is a shocking campaigning angle for the snp.   

This'll backfire when they start dishing dirt back.

What about the snp MSPs that have had to leave for being perverts? 

Scottish politics is going to turn very dirty. 

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Ehm, long before the current conspiracy theories and media narratives to benefit unionism, ratings and paper sales got pushed up here, a problem had long developed in the current government in Westminster—zero accountability and zero responsibility for misdeeds. Zero resignations, zero consequences. 1/8 of a million Covid deaths, most avoidable, stands out with tens of billions wasted/funnelled to Tory donors, just to scratch the surface.

What in the actual Tony Blair has got to do with anything, or even Theresa May, I'm not sure anyone has any idea but you. So do you wish to explain (speaking of picking your battles)?

I don't think I have expressed myself well enough here.

I was astounded at people trying to defend Westminster's standards, when comparing to Scotland.

For clarity, I despise Westminster and its workings and want Scotland to be independent inside the EU asap.

:)

An example of how calculating this weirdo is is that he freely conceded to having been inappropriate and of poor behaviour when that contrition suited his purpose at the time.  Now he's completely disowning his previous admissions.  He's been asked to speak about what he said and he wont go near it.

He's displaying a lot of classic characters traits of a particularly nasty and even dangerous type of individual.  Scotland's Donald Trump.

So, in summary, the guy that Indy fans voted for and wanted others to trust in 2014 is not actually someone we should vote for or trust.

Just a stretch here, but perhaps the 2014 NO voters called it correctly.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

This guy?

76D7DC6D-0860-487D-8383-F404F1F5A50E.png

5 minutes ago, Candy said:

So, in summary, the guy that Indy fans voted for and wanted others to trust in 2014 is not actually someone we should vote for or trust.

Just a stretch here, but perhaps the 2014 NO voters called it correctly.

Independence is not about individuals or even parties. Not sure why folk haven't clocked this yet. 

jack D and coke
37 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

There’s times in life when someone does something that totally redeems themselves in my eyes. What a lad Salmond is... :lol: