The rise and fall of The SNP.

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

You don't have to be transerred from anywhere to benefit from the LWA. All Workers in London and the SE get it directly or indirectly in higher wage rates. Private companies do of course pay this from their own profits but people doing exactly the same job, say in a chain store are likely to earn £4,000 more in London. This impacts significantly on the Gers figures which will show that Londoners pay more in tax. This is not however a true reflection of our economic viabilty and certainly doesn't justify people claiming that Scots don't work as hard because of it. All that is really happening is that consumers are paying higher prices to support the higher wages in London. In that sense and others London is being subsidised by the rest of the country. Londoner's also pay a lot more in property sales tax. This is not because they have better houses merely that they cost more because the better paid can aford to pay more. This too impacts on the Gers figures.

The government subsidise everybody that works for them in London, in the same way. This diverts resources away from areas outside London. 

If London businesses pay their staff more i  order to attract & retain them, the they will pay more tax than other areas by virtue of the higher salaries. This is in no way any government subsidising London, its private & public companies doing so.

I would think that with land & buildings tax in Scotland at its current level, Scots- based property owners pay a higher %age rate than London. Their overall higher tax receipts from this source is down to the obscene property values there.

Had the SNP govt demonstrated over the past decade or more that they could be trusted to run the country properly, I just might have been persuaded to vote for them. Sadly they have failed in so many areas, I scarcely need to list them all, as many others have done during this thread.

I dread independence under the present incompetent charlatans, the best we can hope for is International aid from the likes of Venezuela, Yemen, Haiti and Libya.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Surprise, two questions queued up by Smith, one after the other, both on the tiresome "if you are wanting a referendum, are you focusing on covid/recovery"?

I worry that these people fall over when they think about their grocery list or bus timetable - clearly multi-tasking is a stretch. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

This debate is utterly cringe worthy. 

It certainly is , a bunch of walkers 

manaliveits105

Nicky ( I have been focussed on guiding the country through this pandemic every day and bloody toooaaries) taking a bit of a pasting tonight - she looks nervy 

Anas got her a beauty with 50% of kids in your constituency are below poverty line and you’ve been first minister for 7 years 

I think the Green's co-leader is really quite good - I'd much prefer to vote for an engineer than another lawyer, though I bet there are aspects of the Greens' manifesto I'd find challenging. 

:facepalm:

um, um, um...

Who the **** picked the audience :rofl:

the set up should have just been the leaders ripping into each other. 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky ( I have been focussed on guiding the country through this pandemic every day and bloody toooaaries) taking a bit of a pasting tonight - she looks nervy 

Anas got her a beauty with 50% of kids in your constituency are below poverty line and you’ve been first minister for 7 years 

Remind me how long Scottish Labour were in charge, again? If I didn't doubt Anas's sincerity, I'd certainly wonder why Labour built six social houses during their tenure at Holyrood or why , or Jack McConnell couldn't find anything to spend one year's budget on and handed some of it back?

manaliveits105

Here’s the guy with a kilt

usual Nat asked to be respectful 

Edited by manaliveits105

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Here’s the guy with a kilt

usual Nat asked to be respectful 

Haha, he didnae half put Smith's gas at a pep when she tried to leverage Salmond's party in. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Remind me how long Scottish Labour were in charge, again? If I didn't doubt Anas's sincerity, I'd certainly wonder why Labour built six social houses during their tenure at Holyrood or why , or Jack McConnell couldn't find anything to spend one year's budget on and handed some of it back?

8 years in coalition in Scotland with Lib Dems - 14 years ago.

13 years at Westminster - 11 years ago.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

and he made excellent points about cancer waiting lists too which in itself is one of the many scandals of the management of the pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

See the nationalist gets shut down quick. This is a stitch up from the BBC 

He was loon TBF

FFS - they ask Ross directly "how would you fix the NHS" - A "Nae Referendum". 

He'd have given them a ****ing clap for a rise, the chancer. 

Douglas Ross - “would you keep the 4 percent pay rise” em, em, referendum, other key workers”

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy

" Not for Mary" should be a sound bite for Labour..  Very well thought out and incisive   challenging from Anas Sawar. 

JudyJudyJudy

Who the feck is that Lorna from the Greens???????? Never seen her in my puff. 

Remember Trump’s comment about he could get away with shooting someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a vote? 
That’s the type of fawning support I see for NS on social media from a lot of people I know. It doesn’t matter how many good points are made about promises and policy they’ll claim the points are false. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I think she was a bald dude the other day...

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Edited by Gizmo

Ross really is a one-trick pony, he's worse than Davidson who could at least seem like she believed what she was saying.

You should be utterly Ashamed of yourself if you vote for that Douglas Ross. Ruth Davidson actually had some semblance of competence but this ***** is on another level. What a fecking loon. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think she was a bald dude the other day...

Took me a while to get that :)

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's a prick and she's a turd.

Great analysis 

Sturgeon - "We work with all parties, except the Tories won't work with us".

Ross - "I won't work with the party of the referendum".

Climate question:

Ross - "We need to work together".*

Folks, we're doomed.

*also supports Fracking

JudyJudyJudy

Feck sake we are at the tail end of a pandemic and shes asking about cutlery in schools...Increase the voting age to 60 please................

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Sturgeon - "We work with all parties, except the Tories won't work with us".

Ross - "I won't work with the party of the referendum".

Climate question:

Ross - "We need to work together".*

Folks, we're doomed.

*also supports Fracking

Well he's an Aberdeenshire MSP - he can hardly cuddle up to the Greens TBF! 

He is coming across really badly with all his finger-pointing and shouting. You'd think he was a referee or something...

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm getting a headache watching Sturgeon's napper bobbing about like a buoy in the Forth...

I bet she's the best performer. I'm watching Rudi's nation against the Welsh.

Jeffros Furios
28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:ruiner:

Was that the big girl in black with glasses ? If so . would 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I bet she's the best performer. I'm watching Rudi's nation against the Welsh.

Nope i think Anas Sawar has won this debate i think.