The rise and fall of The SNP.

Brighton Jambo

This party launch is gold dust.  All these former SNP list candidates now standing for the Alba party.  Hilarious stuff.  

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, Candy said:

Just imagine the Scottish Parliament with Sturgeon, Salmond and George Galloway. What a laugh that would be

A 2nd large Indie party may not be a bad thing if it was lead by anyone apart Alex Salmond.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What a ****head. How is this persuing a super majority? All he is doing is trying to nab SNP voters, giving the opposition a better chance of winning seats. Arse.

There goes the SNP majority.  I laughed about Alex Salmond being a unionist plant but I’m honestly starting to wonder.  

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

There goes the SNP majority.  I laughed about Alex Salmond being a unionist plant but I’m honestly starting to wonder.  

Thankfully I can't see the creepy git getting many votes.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Mysterion said:

A 2nd large Indie party may not be a bad thing if it was lead by anyone apart Alex Salmond.

But it means two things:

1.  The chances of the SNP getting a majority has just fallen significantly.

2.  The have a Indy majority government the SNP would have to align with Alba and how likely does that seem.

3.  The green vote will plummet as people wanting Indy but not SNP will look to Alba.  

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

What a ****head. How is this persuing a super majority? All he is doing is trying to nab SNP voters, giving the opposition a better chance of winning seats. Arse.

Oddly, it may help the SNP to get a pro independence majority in parliament due to the way that the constituency seats v list seats works.

If the SNP gets 40% of the vote, it will get the majority of the constituency seats, but few list seats.  However, if the ALBA party gets 10% of the vote it will get no constituency seats but will gain a representative percentage of the list seats.   SNP + ALBA + Greens offers a "supermajority".

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Oddly, it may help the SNP to get a pro independence majority in parliament due to the way that the constituency seats v list seats works.

If the SNP gets 40% of the vote, it will get the majority of the constituency seats, but few list seats.  However, if the ALBA party gets 10% of the vote it will get no constituency seats but will gain a representative percentage of the list seats.   SNP + ALBA + Greens offers a "supermajority".

But anyone who is pro independence was likely voting SNP. If this vote is now split, it is giving a far greater chance to a unionist party.

Edited by Ray Gin

Ron Burgundy

Maybe this new party can give a viable economic reason for Independence? Maybe they can allay a lot of No voters fears over currency, pensions etc.

It will be interesting to see who jumps ship to the new party. 
Depending on their manifesto I could well vote for them. 

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Maybe this new party can give a viable economic reason for Independence? Maybe they can allay a lot of No voters fears over currency, pensions etc.

IMO these are all essential to sway voters to Independence. Grievance politics has taken the Indy movement so far, but not all the way.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

But anyone who is pro independence was likely voting SNP. If this vote is now split, it is giving a far greater chance to a unionist party.

Not if people split their votes, first to the SNP and second to ALBA.

7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Fears over currency? 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Not if people split their votes, first to the SNP and second to ALBA.

But it will if they do it the other way around

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Never did understand the meaning of "no" did he(?).

Brilliant , boy is scum in my personal experience. This is nothing but self motivated as everything he does is

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They can't. Alba is only a list party.

Footballfirst

If I understood their model, ALBA was only seeking 2nd votes, in the knowledge that they can't win constituencies.

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The UK Gov gave contacts worth hundreds of millions to Matt Hancock's mates, knowing full well they were not the best equipped to deliver the vital safety equipment needed for coping with the pandemic. UK courts rule that he acted unlawfully and that his awarding of said contracts were plagued by a lack of transparency, cronyism and waste. Undoubtedly this also cost lives. Nobody as taken responsibility, resigned or been fired.

We're talking about Scotland and Scot Gov.  Nothing to do with England. Paradoxically,  separatists talk a lot of making our own decisions and being "independent" while deflecting any criticism by deploying "whatabootery".  "Aah but in England they do this or that".  "Aah but England are worser (sic)".  

As it happens, the most pro-active and influential sourcing of PPE, for the entire UK, was the hugely successful Daily Mail/Parcelforce campaign, which delivered millions of items of PPE and delivered them directly to the care homes and hospitals that needed them most. Free of NHS bureaucratic procurement processes, they were able to step in where both govts had failed .

Good, Salmond will either be totally humiliated like the women he harassed or his pro independence party will actually win some seats. Win win for independence. Meanwhile gorgeous George will be lucky to get into double figures (votes not seats) 

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It will be interesting to see who jumps ship to the new party. 
Depending on their manifesto I could well vote for them. 

I’m with you on that, sick of Sturgeon and her Glasgow centric party. Could never vote Green, so this may give me and many others a viable alternative 

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yep AV has some intricate mathematics and weighted votes when it comes to Regional Lists.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're talking about Scotland and Scot Gov.  Nothing to do with England. Paradoxically,  separatists talk a lot of making our own decisions and being "independent" while deflecting any criticism by deploying "whatabootery".  "Aah but in England they do this or that".  "Aah but England are worser (sic)".  

Just wondering why you are so angry about the Scot Gov wasting 500k on this but you haven't made a peep about the UK Gov squandering hundreds of millions.

18 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Well said.

Pasquale for King

Just wondering why you are so angry about the Scot Gov wasting 500k on this but you haven't made a peep about the UK Gov squandering hundreds of millions.

Billions Ray 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I’m with you on that, sick of Sturgeon and her Glasgow centric party. Could never vote Green, so this may give me and many others a viable alternative 

Why never vote Green may i ask? 

Stuart Lyon
6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Surely good news for people who would like independence but couldn't bring themselves to vote SNP.

Its just the SNP albeit with a different name; one that will put the Alba party top of the Voting slip unless another party starting  with a AA comes along!

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Could result in Sturgeon and Salmond having talks about forming a coalition government after the election.

Popcorn time.

Pasquale for King
Just now, PortyJambo said:

Could result in Sturgeon and Salmond having talks about forming a coalition government after the election.

Popcorn time.

Hahahahaha 🤪

Brighton Jambo

This may help the pro independence parties get more seats but reduces chance of a SNP majority.  That makes it much easier for Boris to say no to indyref2.  And are Salmond and Sturegon really going to unite for a majority government given everything that’s happened?

I’m probably biased but this whole thing is becoming a joke and I can’t see how it is possibly increasing the number of people who are tempted to vote yes.  Its a political and personal civil war being played out right in front of our eyes and is not doing Scotlands reputation any good.  A lot of people will just be sick of the whole thing.  

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This may help the pro independence parties get more seats but reduces chance of a SNP majority.  That makes it much easier for Boris to say no to indyref2.  And are Salmond and Sturegon really going to unite for a majority government given everything that’s happened?

I’m probably biased but this whole thing is becoming a joke and I can’t see how it is possibly increasing the number of people who are tempted to vote yes.  Its a political and personal civil war being played out right in front of our eyes and is not doing Scotlands reputation any good.  A lot of people will just be sick of the whole thing.  

I think you know the potential for success here. You sound worried.

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Surely good news for people who would like independence but couldn't bring themselves to vote SNP.

I might vote for Alba for my second vote just for the giggles on here.

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's what gorgeous George meant auld yin. Depriving the snp gardening section of a vote.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What giggles would that bring about? You can vote for who you like, that's your choice.

As above, this is quite exciting. Scottish politics has been pretty boring. 

Setting out the future direction of the country is positive. Might get some actual debate about the issues.

The so called 'splits' in the SNP don't have to be negative. They can revitalise the quest for an improved Scotland whether independent or with more devolution. 

Get it out in the open to let people decide. 

From history its the effect on policies that is the most interesting. 

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That's what gorgeous George meant auld yin. Depriving the snp gardening section of a vote.

I didn't see that idiot's tweet.

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Dod just added his tuppenceworth in backing the Old Boys party.

One fervent unionist supporting someone trying to stop independence. What a surprise 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But it means two things:

1.  The chances of the SNP getting a majority has just fallen significantly.

2.  The have a Indy majority government the SNP would have to align with Alba and how likely does that seem.

3.  The green vote will plummet as people wanting Indy but not SNP will look to Alba.  

For people who are a bit more socially conservative but pro Indy, its a good idea. Patrick Harvies views on the GRA for example are bang on party line with SNP despite the descension elsewhere on it. Giving the SNP a majority to push stuff like the GRA is dangerous IMO. Having a pro-indy opposition who can keep them on task seems to be a good idea. (I realise we don't agree on the constitutional question but just giving my 2 cents as someone who is an SNP voter but not a Sturgeonite).

Anyway, I'll be SNP 1 & Alba 2 I think. 

Peakybunnet

Alex Salmond, the Nigel Farage of Scotland.

A populist ar2ehole now showing his true colours.

All he wants it power back to the detriment of his own SNP party. 

Joanna Cherry who is off work to rest will soon hook up with her pal Alex.

He is about to put back nationalism a generation.

manaliveits105

Alex Salmonds Alba Party 

clap clap clap clap

Alex Salmonds Alba Party 

clap clap clap clap 

its catchy I like it !

:greggy:

Oh what an atmosphere I love a party with a natsy atmosphere