We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

39 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

🤣🤣 just a mermaid... seriously though it was interesting . Not one person mentioned aliens . They just want to know what the hell it was. I personally think it was tied into the cold war naval base🤔https://globalnews.ca/news/4319302/cousteau-family-members-shag-harbour/

Mermaids are always interesting.  I wonder how closely they are related to selkies?

Selkie - Wikipedia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Mermaids are always interesting.  I wonder how closely they are related to selkies?

Selkie - Wikipedia

Depends on What's the fashion 🤔 does this seal skin make my butt look big?🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Dear oh dear.  A 30 year old video containing blurry pictures of something.  And when asked what evidence he has to support his claim that the US has several intact alien craft, the guy didn't answer the question.

If you posted that video with the intent of proving something, it proved nothing.  Just the same old same old; blurry pictures and empty chat from a so-called UFO researcher.

The poor fella is now dead, but in his lifetime he never produced a single piece of evidence to support his claims. 

It really doesn't help your case when you post such poor quality stuff.

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Dear oh dear.  A 30 year old video containing blurry pictures of something.  And when asked what evidence he has to support his claim that the US has several intact alien craft, the guy didn't answer the question.

If you posted that video with the intent of proving something, it proved nothing.  Just the same old same old; blurry pictures and empty chat from a so-called UFO researcher.

The poor fella is now dead, but in his lifetime he never produced a single piece of evidence to support his claims. 

It really doesn't help your case when you post such poor quality stuff.

It's not just the posting of videos that he swallows wholesale, it's the fact he cannot even construct a single sentence to teach us of this "new science" that he understands and we are missing.

His mind isn't "open" it's a fecking bypass with all content going straight through with no attempt to understand or digest what is being claimed. It's just "Oooh that must be true coz someone said it on the internet, now I'm going to act all smug against those sheep who read books on old science". 

It is infuriating to have someone this ignorant opine on other people being "in boxes" or "reading other people's books" when they simply do not even know how much they don't know.

I've watched enough of these terrible videos (because I do watch this crap to understand the claims) to know that the main claim to support these alleged, repeat incursions of extra-terrestrial craft into our atmosphere is that "relativity has been disproven or at least a greater understanding allows it to be circumvented in some way", implication being that it allows FTL travel. I don't even think he has clocked this or understands the ground-shaking implications of such a claim if verified. I did ask him previously whether he favoured this explanation over Von Neumann probes but, of course, he didn't respond. 🙄

I would love NASA to be able to utilise this "new science" for interstellar travel and allow us to near-instantaneously travel to other systems. But I expect we will never see this as it does not exist and I'd be very surprised if someone won a Nobel prize in my lifetime for disproving Einstein. 

That said, we do see potential revisions to established science. JWT has allowed us to get a clearer picture of the Cosmos and we may potentially have gathered enough data which is suggestive of the Universe being 26.7 billion years old, not the 13.77 billion our previous tools allowed us to calculate. Of course, for such a radical change to established theory, we need to gather further evidence and test the hypothesis following the established scientific method. 

Or maybe we could just wait for a youtuber to claim it in a video and then declare it the new truth without questioning it? 😑

Edited by Gizmo

OSIRIS-REx Mission Operations

OSIRIS-REx launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on an Atlas V 411 rocket on Sept. 8, 2016. In September 2017, OSIRIS-REx used Earth’s gravitational field to assist it on its way to Bennu. On Dec, 3, 2018, OSIRIS-REx will use an array of small rocket thrusters to match the velocity of Bennu and rendezvous with the asteroid.

moving image of spaceraft scanning an asteroid
Credits: NASA/Lockheed Martin

The spacecraft will begin a detailed survey of Bennu two months after slowing to encounter Bennu. The process will last over a year, and, as part of it, OSIRIS-REx will map potential sample sites. After the selection of the final site, the spacecraft will briefly touch the surface of Bennu to retrieve a sample. The sampling arm will make contact with the surface of Bennu for about five seconds, during which it will release a burst of nitrogen gas. The procedure will cause rocks and surface material to be stirred up and captured in the sampler head. The spacecraft has enough nitrogen to allow three sampling attempts, to collect between 60 and 2000 grams (2–70 ounces).

In March 2021, the window for departure from the asteroid will open, and OSIRIS-REx will begin its return journey to Earth, arriving two and a half years later in September 2023. The sample return capsule will separate from the spacecraft and enter the Earth’s atmosphere. The capsule containing the sample will be collected at the Utah Test and Training Range. For two years after the sample return (from late 2023-2025) the science team will catalog the sample and conduct the analysis needed to meet the mission science goals. NASA will preserve at least 75% of the sample at NASA’s Johnson Space Flight Center in Houston for further research by scientists worldwide, including future generations of scientists.

Old science just fired a rocket from earth in 2016, travelled 460,000 miles to an asteroid.  Landed on it, grabbed a sample - then flew back.

All done by watching Youtube videos.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Old science just fired a rocket from earth in 2016, travelled 460,000 miles to an asteroid.  Landed on it, grabbed a sample - then flew back.

#Sheeple #BooksAreShit #ShouldaQuitSchoolEarly #MSM

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

#Sheeple #BooksAreShit #ShouldaQuitSchoolEarly #MSM

They are actually saying the real journey was literally billions of miles.

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Done with tech from 2016.

Our advancements since then have been massive.

I wonder if we were to do the same mission from scratch, these days, how long it would take, A-B.

1 minute ago, Pap said:

I wonder if we were to do the same mission from scratch, these days, how long it would take, A-B.

Probably the same.  They will be using the gravitational pull to slingshot us.

Saying that, we have probably developed better rockets/fuel.

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's remarkable what can be achieved.

Yeah, mindblowing what old science can do with all the shared data/tech.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Imagine what we could do if the new science wasn't kept in the private sector. 

We know from the 2004 USS Nimitz and Princeton Tic-Tac data analyses that Mach 60 speeds are routinely achievable by certain unknown terrestrial nations - if the sceptics/debunkers are to be believed. But it seems we chose to ignore that ‘new science’ and use ‘old science’ to complete the Bennu mission which launched 12 years later, in 2016.

Had we used that ‘new science’, we could have completed the whole Bennu shebang in a fraction of the 7 years the mission actually took to complete.

How strange.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

:laugh:

14 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

We know from the 2004 USS Nimitz and Princeton Tic-Tac data analyses that Mach 60 speeds are routinely achievable by certain unknown terrestrial nations - if the sceptics/debunkers are to be believed. But it seems we chose to ignore that ‘new science’ and use ‘old science’ to complete the Bennu mission which launched 12 years later, in 2016.

Had we used that ‘new science’, we could have completed the whole Bennu shebang in a fraction of the 7 years the mission actually took to complete.

How strange.

Missions such as these are not about speed, despite your misplaced incredulity.

We can go way past Mach 60 in space. In fact, after undergoing a Venus fly-by for gravitational boost, the Parker probe attained a speed of 364,660 mph (or Mach 443 if measured at ground level within our atmosphere, as much as such a measurement is irrelevant to space flight). This was achieved using established science. 

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

:laugh:

Missions such as these are not about speed, despite your misplaced incredulity.

We can go way past Mach 60 in space. In fact, after undergoing a Venus fly-by for gravitational boost, the Parker probe attained a speed of 364,660 mph (or Mach 443 if measured at ground level within our atmosphere, as much as such a measurement is irrelevant to space flight). This was achieved using established science. 

Just think what we could do with the new science. 

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What new science is that? Have you been watching Star Trek and thought it was a documentary?

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

They are actually saying the real journey was literally billions of miles.

10 miles less than my Toyota avensis🥺

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What new science is that? Have you been watching Star Trek and thought it was a documentary?

That's Classified, mate, and you don't have the necessary clearance. 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm reminded of the joke about some teenager grumbling in Maths class and asking "why do we have to learn this? It's not like we'll ever use it when we grow up."  To which the teacher replied "well you won't, but the smart kids might." :whistling:

6 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

OSIRIS-REx Mission Operations

OSIRIS-REx launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on an Atlas V 411 rocket on Sept. 8, 2016. In September 2017, OSIRIS-REx used Earth’s gravitational field to assist it on its way to Bennu. On Dec, 3, 2018, OSIRIS-REx will use an array of small rocket thrusters to match the velocity of Bennu and rendezvous with the asteroid.

moving image of spaceraft scanning an asteroid
Credits: NASA/Lockheed Martin

The spacecraft will begin a detailed survey of Bennu two months after slowing to encounter Bennu. The process will last over a year, and, as part of it, OSIRIS-REx will map potential sample sites. After the selection of the final site, the spacecraft will briefly touch the surface of Bennu to retrieve a sample. The sampling arm will make contact with the surface of Bennu for about five seconds, during which it will release a burst of nitrogen gas. The procedure will cause rocks and surface material to be stirred up and captured in the sampler head. The spacecraft has enough nitrogen to allow three sampling attempts, to collect between 60 and 2000 grams (2–70 ounces).

In March 2021, the window for departure from the asteroid will open, and OSIRIS-REx will begin its return journey to Earth, arriving two and a half years later in September 2023. The sample return capsule will separate from the spacecraft and enter the Earth’s atmosphere. The capsule containing the sample will be collected at the Utah Test and Training Range. For two years after the sample return (from late 2023-2025) the science team will catalog the sample and conduct the analysis needed to meet the mission science goals. NASA will preserve at least 75% of the sample at NASA’s Johnson Space Flight Center in Houston for further research by scientists worldwide, including future generations of scientists.

I know we all like to slag of the human race but there's some real brains kicking about out there.

And I think mines is the bees knees tae.

WorldChampions1902
13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

In 1993, the head of Lockheed Skunkworks suggested that Star Trek tech was a reality a very long time ago. So even that ‘new science’ is old hat, it would seem. 

IMG_9771.jpeg

19 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

In 1993, the head of Lockheed Skunkworks suggested that Star Trek tech was a reality a very long time ago. So even that ‘new science’ is old hat, it would seem. 

IMG_9771.jpeg

Cool.  Do me a favour and get me the provenance of that quote please.

Here's a real quote from his own book.

“We became the most successful advanced projects company in the world by hiring talented people, paying them top dollar, and motivating them into believing that they could produce a Mach 3 airplane like the Blackbird a generation or two ahead of anybody else. Our design engineers had the keen experience to conceive the whole airplane in their mind’s-eye, doing the trade-offs in their heads between aerodynamic needs and weapons requirements. We created a practical and open work environment for engineers and shop workers, forcing the guys behind the drawing boards onto the shop floor to see how their ideas were being translated into actual parts and to make any necessary changes on the spot. We made every shop worker who designed or handled a part responsible for quality control. Any worker—not just a supervisor or a manager—could send back a part that didn’t meet his or her standards. That way we reduced rework and scrap waste. We encouraged our people to work imaginatively, to improvise and try unconventional approaches to problem solving, and then got out of their way. By applying the most commonsense methods to develop new technologies, we saved tremendous amounts of time and money, while operating in an atmosphere of trust and cooperation both with our government customers and between our white-collar and blue-collar employees. In the end, Lockheed’s Skunk Works demonstrated the awesome capabilities of American inventiveness when free to operate under near ideal working conditions. That may be our most enduring legacy as well as our source of lasting pride.”

In other words, he used old science.

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Cool.  Do me a favour and get me the provenance of that quote please.

The quote appears in a number of books and as you can imagine, is hotly disputed. The one I posted was published in “Earth: An Alien Enterprise”, by Timothy Good. The flip side to that quote is one by respected aviation historian Peter Merlin, who declared that this was one of Rich’s “jokes”. Make of that what you will.

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The quote appears in a number of books and as you can imagine, is hotly disputed. The one I posted was published in “Earth: An Alien Enterprise”, by Timothy Good. The flip side to that quote is one by respected aviation historian Peter Merlin, who declared that this was one of Rich’s “jokes”. Make of that what you will.

So a second hand report saying Lockheed have UFOs, or a second hand report of a very serious man having a laugh.  Or just a flat out lie by someone after the person died and couldn't correct them?

Let me ask you this:  Is Timothy Good seen as a neutral when it comes to UFOs?

WorldChampions1902
17 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

In other words, he used old science.

Talking of old science, Rich talked in his book about how a photographer in 1978 complained that the photographs he was taking of prototype Stealth aircraft were all blurred. Rich wrote:-

“There isn't a damn thing wrong with your new camera," I insisted. "Polaroid uses a sound echo device like sonar to focus, and you are getting fuzzy pictures because our stealthy coatings and shaping on that model are interfering with the sound echo”.

So in 1978, our own tech had the ability to blur certain photographic images. And yet for decades since, we have heard ad nauseam, complaints from sceptics/debunkers, as to why are these images all blurred? Imagine how much more advanced alien tech might be and then consider how easily it could cause similar problems?

4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Talking of old science, Rich talked in his book about how a photographer in 1978 complained that the photographs he was taking of prototype Stealth aircraft were all blurred. Rich wrote:-

“There isn't a damn thing wrong with your new camera," I insisted. "Polaroid uses a sound echo device like sonar to focus, and you are getting fuzzy pictures because our stealthy coatings and shaping on that model are interfering with the sound echo”.

So in 1978, our own tech had the ability to blur certain photographic images. And yet for decades since, we have heard ad nauseam, complaints from sceptics/debunkers, as to why are these images all blurred? Imagine how much more advanced alien tech might be and then consider how easily it could cause similar problems?

So aliens have come here just to **** with the camera on the new iphone?

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

So aliens have come here just to **** with the camera on the new iphone?

In the same way that the US spent gazillions of Dollars “just to **** with the Polaroid camera lens”??

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

In the same way that the US spent gazillions of Dollars “just to **** with the Polaroid camera lens”??

Ermmmm, surely you meant other nations radar?

20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe.

Unless my little old science monkey brain is not understanding this properly, he is suggesting that aliens from another galaxy, possibly our own but let's say another one.  They also have to be be far more technologically advanced than us - because, well - they come from another galaxy.  So let's say 100,000 years more advanced too, minimum.   That they don't actually have the technology to fully make themselves invisible to us on our ancient tech, as...  we have crappy resolution pictures/videos are blurred.

Yet..

Back in the 1970s, America had an old science aircraft that could totally disappear from other nations technology.  That's with the nations tech level difference being around 40 years at the very most, because....  Jet engines.  Good old, old science jet engines and aerodynamics.

pnzJTq3.gif

Edited by Lovecraft

2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

IMG_9771.jpeg

Star Trek? Presumably, he means warp capability which the best minds have figured out on a theoretical level. Unfortunately the amount of energy is not within our grasp and, crucially, would obliterate any star system we arrived in. 

Yet despite these preposterous claims, here we are, marooned on a planet where even getting to the ****ing moon is still difficult. Something does not tally here. Of course, its extremely convenient that these technologies are locked up. You have to ask why - when humans will always exploit new tech, for better or for worse.

Do you ever stop to question these claims?

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yet despite these preposterous claims, here we are, marooned on a planet where even getting to the ****ing moon is still difficult. Something does not tally here. Of course, its extremely convenient that these technologies are locked up. You have to ask why - when humans will always exploit new tech, for better or for worse.

Do you ever stop to question these claims?

It’s already been mentioned on this thread, but given the topical nature of what is subject to scrutiny in the US Congress currently, some answers to your question, “why are these technologies locked up”, are covered here.

Do you ever think about reading some of this material? (Rhetorical question).

IMG_9865.jpeg

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It’s already been mentioned on this thread, but given the topical nature of what is subject to scrutiny in the US Congress currently, some answers to your question, “why are these technologies locked up”, are covered here.

Do you ever think about reading some of this material? (Rhetorical question).

IMG_9865.jpeg

I thought we had already established via Greedy that books are passé now. 😛

And no, I don't have time to read these books when I have a pile of about 32 books in my must-read pile. It's bad enough dipping into the shitty inconclusive videos that litter this thread. 

Someone's longer version of the same unproven shit is the same unproven shit and a waste of time. If we have the ability to circumvent relativity, someone should have claimed the nobel prize for physics by now as that is a seismic game-changer.

We haven't. We don't even see any technologies based on recovered 'alien craft'. 

It's all far too convenient for someone to make a claim to this technology being recovered and then, for some reason unknown to us, buried in the tech equivalent of the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That just smells of bullshit to anyone with a radar. 

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I thought we had already established via Greedy that books are passé now. 😛

And no, I don't have time to read these books when I have a pile of about 32 books in my must-read pile. It's bad enough dipping into the shitty inconclusive videos that litter this thread. 

Someone's longer version of the same unproven shit is the same unproven shit and a waste of time. If we have the ability to circumvent relativity, someone should have claimed the nobel prize for physics by now as that is a seismic game-changer.

We haven't. We don't even see any technologies based on recovered 'alien craft'. 

It's all far too convenient for someone to make a claim to this technology being recovered and then, for some reason unknown to us, buried in the tech equivalent of the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That just smells of bullshit to anyone with a radar. 

Fair enough. Kind of the answer I was expecting and at least you are honest enough to spell out your position. You won’t be surprised to read that I don’t agree!

Without wishing to dwell on this, let’s consider the following scenario. You, with your considerable old science credentials, come up with a water-tight, proven piece of tech such as was witnessed in the tic tac videos. As has already been declared, that tech challenges many of the laws of physics. Before going public with your new invention, you take the sensible step of patenting it - or at least attempting to. Given the outer-worldly capabilities of your invention and the colossal potential for using that for military advantage, do you really think you would be allowed to patent it? The answer IMHO is no and that is borne out by the fact the the US government has blocked patent applications and seized concepts/tech “on the grounds of national security” in their thousands.

So when you suggest that “humans will always exploit tech for better or worse”, they will, only if they are allowed to.