We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, but I've been looking at this topic on and off for 20 years. It's not a knee jerk reaction 

Looking at what you fancy, and dismissing what you don't. That doesn't get smarter after repeating it for 2 decades.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

1 hour ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Looking at what you fancy, and dismissing what you don't. That doesn't get smarter after repeating it for 2 decades.

I've been a skeptic, and non believer over those 20 years. 

You're destined to stay an old packet of digestives that your neighbours dead gran left under her bed.

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've been a skeptic, and non believer over those 20 years. 

You're destined to stay an old packet of digestives that your neighbours dead gran left under her bed.

A fate worse than div 😢

On 09/09/2023 at 17:14, Greedy Jambo said:

It's sad that you've based your whole life on them, it's 2023 and you still think you're clever.

Get with the times, old man.

Reading books is bad? Is that you Donald?

17 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If John Logie Baird thought like you, you wouldn't have a TV

I hate to burst any bubbles of Scottish pride, but John Baird was by no means alone when it came to inventing television.  He played a part, along with several other clever men.  Television would have made its appearance, at about the same time as it actually did, without him.

https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-television

29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I hate to burst any bubbles of Scottish pride, but John Baird was by no means alone when it came to inventing television.  He played a part, along with several other clever men.  Television would have made its appearance, at about the same time as it actually did, without him.

https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-television

As long as we beat England tonight, I'm not bothered.

henrysmithsgloves
57 minutes ago, escobri said:

so here's the aliens who look just like ET 🤣

Looks like a Hibs supporter that has just shot up😳

53 minutes ago, escobri said:

so here's the aliens who look just like ET 🤣

Why is it that supposed aliens always look vaguely like homo sapiens?  One head, two eyes, two ears, a nose with two nostrils, two arms, etc. ? 

We look like the way we do because of billions of years of evolution on earth, affected by natural disasters, the continually changing climate, countless environmental impacts, all of which were coincidental.

To suggest that the exact same sequence of events took place on a distant planet resulting in the development of a similar looking sentient animal is daft.  

Unless were talking about science fiction.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Why is it that supposed aliens always look vaguely like homo sapiens?  One head, two eyes, two ears, a nose with two nostrils, two arms, etc. ? 

We look like the way we do because of billions of years of evolution on earth, affected by natural disasters, the continually changing climate, countless environmental impacts, all of which were coincidental.

To suggest that the exact same sequence of events took place on a distant planet resulting in the development of a similar looking sentient animal is daft.  

Unless were talking about science fiction.

We'll never know !

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

We'll never know !

Correct.  We'll never know.

But if the alien pilots look less like humans and more like a cross between a rose bush and a jelly fish, the subject would be a lot less interesting to the believers.

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Interesting. So what next? Does the US government get to test them? 

Prediction:  No-one will get to test them.

WorldChampions1902
On 11/09/2023 at 19:43, Greedy Jambo said:

If you're not willing to look into the subject more, you probably shouldn't be making comments on it. 

As former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell said, “I urge those who are doubtful: Read the books, read the lore, start to understand what has really been going on. Because there really is no doubt we are being visited”.

What if you want to really look into it, by like, y'know, reading actual science?

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of sci-fi.  But it's not, y'know, actual science.

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

What if you want to really look into it, by like, y'know, reading actual science?

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of sci-fi.  But it's not, y'know, actual science.

You may as well be reading the Argos catalogue. 

WorldChampions1902

One of the statements, whistleblower David Grusch made to Congress under oath, covered the following:- “

Making some shocking revelations, Grusch stated that a top-secret UFO retrieval programme was run by the United States for decades and added that the 'Vatican was involved' in the first-ever crash of a UFO, as per media reports.

Grusch stated that the UFO's first recovery took place in Magenta, Italy in 1933. He added that the UFO was in possession of Italian dictator Mussolini's government until 1944-1945 when America was tipped off about it by Pope Pius XII. 

He added that the UFO was partially intact and was kept at a secure airbase until it was retrieved by the US after the fascist Italian regime's collapse. 

"1933 was the first recovery in Europe, in Magenta, Italy. They recovered a partially intact vehicle, and the Italian government moved it to a secure airbase in Italy until around 1944-1945. The Pope back-channelled that, and told the Americans what the Italians had and we ended up scooping it," Grusch said.  

While clarifying whether the Catholic Church knew about the 'non-human' existence on earth, Grusch said, "Certainly". 

The oh so predictable ‘smear campaign’ against Grusch’s mental health started almost immediately afterwards. And yet Monsignor Balducci, a senior Vatican official who was close to the Pope had already declared that quote, “Extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon”.

So it looks like not only is Grusch the whistleblower deluded/lying/mentally unstable* (delete as appropriate), but so was a senior member of the Vatican?

15 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

One of the statements, whistleblower David Grusch made to Congress under oath...

He didn't tell any secrets, and he made no "shocking revelations".

He said he saw documents - whose existence let alone authenticity he can't verify.  And he says that people told him things, or else that people told him that other people told them things, about events that happened a long way away and a long time before he was born.  In other words, as we actual sceptics say, once again someone is making claims that are "out there" with - yes, you guessed it - no evidence.

"I heard off someone that someone else told them."  That's gossip, right there. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

He didn't tell any secrets, and he made no "shocking revelations".

He said he saw documents - whose existence let alone authenticity he can't verify.  And he says that people told him things, or else that people told him that other people told them things, about events that happened a long way away and a long time before he was born.  In other words, as we actual sceptics say, once again someone is making claims that are "out there" with - yes, you guessed it - no evidence.

"I heard off someone that someone else told them."  That's gossip, right there. 

The reason he “didn’t tell any secrets”, is that the moment he does, the lying b*****s that have been threatening, intimidating and killing whistleblowers get exactly what they yearn. A reason to arrest, try, jail and silence Grusch. Which is why, during the hearing, Grusch repeatedly volunteered to make ‘secret’ info available in a SCIF. For some unknown reason though, the authorities have tried to block every attempt to organise SCIFs.

Of particular note, is a list of some 40 plus names Grusch wants to make available inside those SCIFS so that the suitably cleared SCIF attendees can listen to the testimonies of those people and hear ‘first hand’ accounts of evidence.

You would think that with all these outlandish lies/delusional claims Grusch is supposedly making, it should be quick and easy to organise a secure room inside the Congress building, start listening to those witnesses and then establishing whether Grusch is a liar/delusional. But blocks are being placed at every turn. Go figure.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

They've already been tested.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJWB***S/

Although I accept that you won't be happy until someone off the telly is allowed to.

If authentic alien bodies have been found and are on display in Mexico it would change history.  The mere fact that it is generating little interest outside the UFO community should be the first warning signal of a hoax.  The second warning signal is that they look vaguely human.  See my earlier post on that matter.

It's probably an elaborate hoax.  See attached.

https://news.sky.com/story/brian-cox-says-alien-corpse-display-in-mexico-was-way-too-humanoid-12961036

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If authentic alien bodies have been found and are on display in Mexico it would change history.  The mere fact that it is generating little interest outside the UFO community should be the first warning signal of a hoax.  The second warning signal is that they look vaguely human.  See my earlier post on that matter.

It's probably an elaborate hoax.  See attached.

https://news.sky.com/story/brian-cox-says-alien-corpse-display-in-mexico-was-way-too-humanoid-12961036

The subdued reaction on here alone betrays how shan the whole thing clearly is

19 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Prediction:  No-one will get to test them.

Correct.  They've been tested for age, but otherwise they haven't been tested.  That won't stop the gullibles from claiming that they were.  The laboratory that did the dating tests has twice issued statements saying that nothing else was tested and distancing themselves

Previous samples of a similar age have been mummified children, and these may be the same.  The ufologist (Maussan) who claims these are aliens has previously (in 2015) made claims about having an alien sample, but that turned out to be the body of a small child.  His main technical witness (Benitez) then was the same guy who showed up as his technical witness this time.  Another technical witness is a Russian (Korotkov) whose other claim to fame is that he has invented a camera that can photograph the human soul.

So at best you have some gullible fools who mistook a mummified human child for an alien body in 2015, and who are doing exactly the same now.  Another less charitable interpretation is that you have some charlatans who tried to hoax people in 2015 and who are trying to run the same hoax now.  

14 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Oh **** off, you book reading booky reader you.  :th_Rage2:

15 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

P.S. where's you-know-who?  Not a peep so far.  :whistling: 

32 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Correct.  They've been tested for age, but otherwise they haven't been tested.  That won't stop the gullibles from claiming that they were.  The laboratory that did the dating tests has twice issued statements saying that nothing else was tested and distancing themselves

Previous samples of a similar age have been mummified children, and these may be the same.  The ufologist (Maussan) who claims these are aliens has previously (in 2015) made claims about having an alien sample, but that turned out to be the body of a small child.  His main technical witness (Benitez) then was the same guy who showed up as his technical witness this time.  Another technical witness is a Russian (Korotkov) whose other claim to fame is that he has invented a camera that can photograph the human soul.

So at best you have some gullible fools who mistook a mummified human child for an alien body in 2015, and who are doing exactly the same now.  Another less charitable interpretation is that you have some charlatans who tried to hoax people in 2015 and who are trying to run the same hoax now.  

I did watch the whole video. I'm having a quiet day!

There was one claim that caught my attention, and it was that the DNA of the bodies was 30% different from humans.  That's nonsense.  Alien DNA would be 100% different from humans, if they even have DNA.  If it's a mummified child from 1,000 years ago, which is what I suspect, then the DNA would be the same as ours (or 99.9%).

It's a hoax.

On 11/09/2023 at 19:46, Greedy Jambo said:

If John Logie Baird thought like you, you wouldn't have a TV

John Logie Baird based his invention on the discoveries made by scientists following the scientific method. 

On 11/09/2023 at 21:45, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, but I've been looking at this topic on and off for 20 years. It's not a knee jerk reaction 

I'm not going to lie, I figured you were about 23 such is the naivety and lack of understanding you demonstrate with your posts. Sad to see a boomer decrying books and knowledge for, what exactly, some YouTube videos and having a mind so 'open' it could be renamed gullibility cavern?

I really do not get this celebration of ignorance and throwing out science so you can claim some hidden knowledge, at all. It's really not far away from being a proponent of a flat earth. Or as Isaac Asimov (one of those infernal ****ing book writers) once put it:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. "

Might as well expand that to the Western world these days. 

If we do figure out what the UAPs actually are, it will be science that unlocks the secrets. Not some YouTube researcher who decries science.  

The NASA panel said this about the mummies -

Panel reacts to 1,000-year-old 'alien corpses'

The panel is asked to comment on two allegedly "non-human" corpses displayed in Mexico.

The mummified specimens were displayed in glass cases as part of an official unveiling at Mexico's Congress in a hearing which has stirred excitement among UFO enthusiasts.

Study chair David Spergel says he has only seen reports on X, formerly known as Twitter, and "we don't know the nature of those samples".

He urged the Mexican government to make samples available to the world's scientific community.

"One of the main things we're trying to do here today is to move conjecture and conspiracy towards science and sanity and you do that with data," adds Dan Evans, an assistant deputy associate administrator for research.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

John Logie Baird based his invention on the discoveries made by scientists following the scientific method. 

I'm not going to lie, I figured you were about 23 such is the naivety and lack of understanding you demonstrate with your posts. Sad to see a boomer decrying books and knowledge for, what exactly, some YouTube videos and having a mind so 'open' it could be renamed gullibility cavern?

I really do not get this celebration of ignorance and throwing out science so you can claim some hidden knowledge, at all. It's really not far away from being a proponent of a flat earth. Or as Isaac Asimov (one of those infernal ****ing book writers) once put it:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. "

Might as well expand that to the Western world these days. 

If we do figure out what the UAPs actually are, it will be science that unlocks the secrets. Not some YouTube researcher who decries science.  

I could say the same thing about many of the posters on here regarding the subject of the thread. 

I'm not throwing out science, I just believe the common science you lot talk about is out of date. 

Your science makes it impossible for what we already know is possible. 

1 hour ago, Pap said:

The NASA panel said this about the mummies -

Panel reacts to 1,000-year-old 'alien corpses'

The panel is asked to comment on two allegedly "non-human" corpses displayed in Mexico.

The mummified specimens were displayed in glass cases as part of an official unveiling at Mexico's Congress in a hearing which has stirred excitement among UFO enthusiasts.

Study chair David Spergel says he has only seen reports on X, formerly known as Twitter, and "we don't know the nature of those samples".

He urged the Mexican government to make samples available to the world's scientific community.

"One of the main things we're trying to do here today is to move conjecture and conspiracy towards science and sanity and you do that with data," adds Dan Evans, an assistant deputy associate administrator for research.

Why tell their story on a conspiracy hoax subscription video service, and why not do what scientific researchers do, and publish their findings and data in a scientific journal and make them available for peer review?

Two reasons.

1. The instant they do that, it's a repeat of 2015, because it would take a researcher or research team almost no time to prove their stuff untrue, and possibly a hoax.

2. There's no money in telling their story to scientific journal, but a subscription video service is a paying proposition.

This will be discredited in weeks at most, but in the meantime the video service will have made a fair few bucks.  $66 million in revenue last year.  That's entertainment.