We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There's a wee bit of difference between a commercial airline pilot, and a military pilot who has been trained to know what he's looking at. 

Juan Browne the presenter of the clip I posted was an air force pilot instructor and later flew C141 air tankers around the world, so he is a military experienced pilot and should know a thing or two about what he observes in flight.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

We're now being asked to accept that commercial pilots aren't quite so good at looking at things, and that someone posted a video that said someone who we're asked to believe was good at looking at things else saw something in the sky so this means aliens have visited.

There are literally hundreds of millions of people out there who buy into notions like virgin births, resurrection of the dead and reincarnation, so in fairness it doesn't hugely increase the unscientific irrationality of life's rich tapestry by adding into the mix pilots who might or might not have seen things, desecrated Peruvian mummies and unidentified flying ducks.

Edited by Ulysses

WorldChampions1902

Another award-winning journalist (Shellenberger), now revealing from his sources, that of the up to 50 first-hand  GOVERNMENT (employee) witnesses who have now spoken to Congress, some have stated the following in their testimonies:-

Testimony has included both first-hand and second-hand reports of crash retrieval and reverse-engineering programs by US, Russian, and Chinese governments; the testing of materials obtained from retrieved craft; active and ongoing government disinformation operations; kinetic military action with UAPs; contact and collaboration with nonhuman intelligence (NHIs); and the successful reverse-engineering of a triangle-shaped craft with unconventional propulsion”.

As these GOVERNMENT (employee) witnesses have demonstrably perjured themselves in the US Congress, the jails/mental institutions are going to start filling up. Unless………….?

https://public.substack.com/p/dozens-of-government-ufo-whistleblowers?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

Edited by WorldChampions1902

11 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I'll have you know this ape's got a grand head of hair

Sorry, "mostly hairless apes". I think it was an Adams quote, but I can only remember this one off-pat:

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

2027 has come up twice in the various material I've been looking at, I don't know the original source, it could be bollocks, but the way things are going, it's a realistic time scale. I don't think it's a coincidence that we're having more visits when the planet is on the verge of extinction (climate change, Putin wanting to be the new Hitler etc) 

Citation please, as going by your 'logic' we should have seen far more activity during WWII.

Greedy Jambo
31 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Citation please, as going by your 'logic' we should have seen far more activity during WWII.

Look up Foo Fighters (not the band).

henrysmithsgloves
35 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Any conflict the sightings are more prevalent. Probably down to stealth technology the yanks have at their disposal 🧐.

WorldChampions1902
On 28/09/2023 at 21:49, Greedy Jambo said:

You've been lied to your whole life, deal with it. 

A comprehensive 1999 UFO study by COMETA in France, tried to make sense of why the mainstream scientific community were/are generally hostile to the very idea of alien visitors to earth? Section 7.2.1 on Page 82 headed, “Why This Resistance? On The Part of Scientists”, said the following:-

“The idea prevails in almost all minds, that man is master of the earth and, by extension, of the immediate cosmic vicinity, that it is the best nature can produce in this small corner of the galaxy, and that he alone remains the controller of his destiny. Various American philosophers have termed this concept, ‘Anthropocentric humanism’.

To admit that intelligent beings, which are not only outside our planet, but also superior due to their scientific and technological knowledge, could have interfered or might continue to interfere in our affairs, in our domain, or in proximity to it, is considered by many to be frightening and unacceptable, because admitting it would cause the collapse of the framework of comfortable thoughts of Anthropocentric humanism.

Moreover, in some disciplines such as Physics, the risk run is to find oneself confronted with a science that is more advanced by several centuries, millenniums, or even more.

Our own concepts could literally appear infantile, which would completely demobilise the researchers who employ them.

It is clear that under the hypothesis that the existence of UFO’s of extraterrestrial origin is proven, there is a risk that not only the position of the intellectual authorities but, quite simply, the social position of the scientific elite would be considerably compromised. This is, furthermore, what happened each time that groups or nations found themselves in contact with a more developed human civilisation, with the notable exception of Japan in the Meiji period, which it would be advisable to look into.

We know that advancing knowledge of the UFO phenomenon, at the risk of succeeding, would not necessarily be a thrilling prospect for a number of scientists, who thus might not really want to lend a hand in this effort.

This is why the mainstream science community has let us down on this topic IMHO. Had they fully engaged with this subject matter in the 1940’s, we would  understand so much more than we currently do about this extremely complex phenomenon. Let’s hope that the Russians and Chinese haven’t gained an advantage.

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

A comprehensive 1999 UFO study by COMETA in France, tried to make sense of why the mainstream scientific community were/are generally hostile to the very idea of alien visitors to earth? Section 7.2.1 on Page 82 headed, “Why This Resistance? On The Part of Scientists”, said the following:-

“The idea prevails in almost all minds, that man is master of the earth and, by extension, of the immediate cosmic vicinity, that it is the best nature can produce in this small corner of the galaxy, and that he alone remains the controller of his destiny. Various American philosophers have termed this concept, ‘Anthropocentric humanism’.

To admit that intelligent beings, which are not only outside our planet, but also superior due to their scientific and technological knowledge, could have interfered or might continue to interfere in our affairs, in our domain, or in proximity to it, is considered by many to be frightening and unacceptable, because admitting it would cause the collapse of the framework of comfortable thoughts of Anthropocentric humanism.

Moreover, in some disciplines such as Physics, the risk run is to find oneself confronted with a science that is more advanced by several centuries, millenniums, or even more.

Our own concepts could literally appear infantile, which would completely demobilise the researchers who employ them.

It is clear that under the hypothesis that the existence of UFO’s of extraterrestrial origin is proven, there is a risk that not only the position of the intellectual authorities but, quite simply, the social position of the scientific elite would be considerably compromised. This is, furthermore, what happened each time that groups or nations found themselves in contact with a more developed human civilisation, with the notable exception of Japan in the Meiji period, which it would be advisable to look into.

We know that advancing knowledge of the UFO phenomenon, at the risk of succeeding, would not necessarily be a thrilling prospect for a number of scientists, who thus might not really want to lend a hand in this effort.

This is why the mainstream science community has let us down on this topic IMHO. Had they fully engaged with this subject matter in the 1940’s, we would  understand so much more than we currently do about this extremely complex phenomenon. Let’s hope that the Russians and Chinese haven’t gained an advantage.

Physicists would love to discover more science - the JWST is expanding our knowledge, potentially changing some theories a little and firming up others. I reject this anthropocentric viewpoint - that died, surely, with Copernicus. Astrophysics - the entire field - would love to prove beyond doubt that life exists outside of the earth. 

If extraterrestrial craft have been recovered, you can bet that scientists in the west have done their utmost to break apart and understand the propulsion, navigational and life-supporting (if crewed) engineering, reverse engineering the craft if at all possible.

Perhaps the mainstream scientists were nothing more than professionally skeptical and, like many of us laymen, demanded evidence before drawing conclusions. The article reflects the bias - the desire - for a specific outcome. 

Greedy Jambo
20 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Page 27 of the NASA UAP report reads quite similar.

https://science.nasa.gov/uap/

Scientists ridiculing other scientists for doing science.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Page 27 of the NASA UAP report reads quite similar.

https://science.nasa.gov/uap/

Scientists ridiculing other scientists for doing science.

So, 24 years after that 1999 COMETA Report I quoted, NASA are reporting this!

NASA's public announcement of its UP Independent Study Team membership was met with interest and spurred both positive and negative feedback. At least one scientist serving on the study team reported receiving negative (hate) mail from colleagues due to their membership. Others were ridiculed and criticized on social media. Study Team members also noted firsthand knowledge of colleagues who were warned to stay away from research in areas like extraterrestrial technosignatures, which could damage their scientific credibility and promotion potential. These experiences further confirm the negative stigma associated with studying unusual or unexplained phenomena. Such criticism, either by detractors or by proponents of the extraterrestrial hypothesis, are anathema to the scientific method, which NASA always has and will continue to promote in an objective and open-minded fashion”.

It is quite staggering that people charged with investigating this phenomenon at one of world’s greatest scientific organisations (NASA), are being subjected to such bullying and intimidation. But it is yet again a prime example of a mindset in elements of the scientific community, that continues to hobble progress.

Considering some of the similarly deplorable comments on this thread over its evolution, I can’t say I’m surprised.

henrysmithsgloves

It's called an echidna. I've never seen one either. Only photographs of one,so does it make it real? I suppose the same applies to UFOs,for all the non believers.🧐

30 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

It's called an echidna. I've never seen one either. Only photographs of one,so does it make it real? I suppose the same applies to UFOs,for all the non believers.🧐

I've seen echidnas, most recently about 10 years ago.  I've also seen photographs and videos of them.  I've never seen an alien spaceship, nor have I ever seen photos or videos of them. 

Have you ever seen one of these?

Duck2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b2318fbea843307

henrysmithsgloves
34 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I've seen echidnas, most recently about 10 years ago.  I've also seen photographs and videos of them.  I've never seen an alien spaceship, nor have I ever seen photos or videos of them. 

Have you ever seen one of these?

Duck2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b2318fbea843307

Does it make it real if I say yes,or unreal if I say no? Surely the whole UFO phenomenon is purely subjective to the individual?

2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Surely the whole UFO phenomenon is purely subjective to the individual?

Fair enough, meaning it isn't and never will be science, just fantasy like flying broomsticks.

I have never seen an atom, I never will, but I believe they exist due to compelling evidence. And they would exist whether I believed it or not.

henrysmithsgloves
45 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Fair enough, meaning it isn't and never will be science, just fantasy like flying broomsticks.

I have never seen an atom, I never will, but I believe they exist due to compelling evidence. And they would exist whether I believed it or not.

There it is,can you make someone else believe though? To some folk a flying broomstick and an atom are one and the same because they haven't seen them for themselves. Purely subjective,I see, therefore it exists,regardless of scientific evidence for it or not. Many a great man got burned at the stake for going against the church,even though they had scientific proof that the earth went round the sun,the stars weren't pin holes letting light through etc.etc. I personally don't believe in aliens, until one shakes my hand. Probably never happen,but there is a miniscule chance it might though! Therefore I can't totally discount the notion of how improbable it may be,it is not totally impossible.🤔deep innit!😁

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

John Gentleman
23 hours ago, Ulysses said:

We're now being asked to accept that commercial pilots aren't quite so good at looking at things, and that someone posted a video that said someone who we're asked to believe was good at looking at things else saw something in the sky so this means aliens have visited.

There are literally hundreds of millions of people out there who buy into notions like virgin births, resurrection of the dead and reincarnation, so in fairness it doesn't hugely increase the unscientific irrationality of life's rich tapestry by adding into the mix pilots who might or might not have seen things, desecrated Peruvian mummies and unidentified flying ducks.

I've worked with military pilots for >20 years. They just as prone to seeing "things" as any ordinary person. That's why they've got to follow checklists for every phase of flight, including emergencies.

24 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

I've worked with military pilots for >20 years. They just as prone to seeing "things" as any ordinary person. That's why they've got to follow checklists for every phase of flight, including emergencies.

I've no doubt that's the case. My post was inspired by those here who seem to think they're infallible. Mind you, the same people don't seem to be able to tell the difference between a moon landing and a mallard.  Probably just as well they're not flying planes for a living.:whistling:

9 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Does it make it real if I say yes,or unreal if I say no? Surely the whole UFO phenomenon is purely subjective to the individual?

:laugh:

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I've no doubt that's the case. My post was inspired by those here who seem to think they're infallible. Mind you, the same people don't seem to be able to tell the difference between a moon landing and a mallard.  Probably just as well they're not flying planes for a living.:whistling:

Or duck hunters👍🏻😘

12 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

There it is,can you make someone else believe though? To some folk a flying broomstick and an atom are one and the same because they haven't seen them for themselves. Purely subjective,I see, therefore it exists,regardless of scientific evidence for it or not. Many a great man got burned at the stake for going against the church,even though they had scientific proof that the earth went round the sun,the stars weren't pin holes letting light through etc.etc. I personally don't believe in aliens, until one shakes my hand. Probably never happen,but there is a miniscule chance it might though! Therefore I can't totally discount the notion of how improbable it may be,it is not totally impossible.🤔deep innit!😁

If you're going to shake an alien's hand, be careful.

Faine Greenwood on X: "This Far Side cartoon with the hand ...

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

If you're going to shake an alien's hand, be careful.

Faine Greenwood on X: "This Far Side cartoon with the hand ...

😆😆

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

IMG_3736A.jpg

That photo is from the town where the ducks live in fear of aliens. 👽

Never smile at a crocodile 😆

Greedy Jambo

@WorldChampions1902 It turns out that 2027 came from something Luis Elizondo eluded to in 2022, something happening in 5 years time. 

Vague, I know, but he's another one who knows more than he can say. 

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

@WorldChampions1902 It turns out that 2027 came from something Luis Elizondo eluded to in 2022, something happening in 5 years time. 

Vague, I know, but he's another one who knows more than he can say. 

I have a lot of time for Elizondo, albeit that he is also very much in the same position that whistleblower David Grusch finds himself currently- I.e. he is bound by his various Security declarations / NDA’s. 

If he is alluding to Dr. Greer, then I totally agree with his view on him. I’ve said on here before that the Disclosure Project is about the powerful whistleblower testimonies that have aligned to that organisation. Listening to Greer, you would be forgiven for thinking that it’s mostly about him. Furthermore, I don’t agree with Greer’s oft-repeated mantra that the alien presence is 100% very positive for humanity. There is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise - much of it consistent.

Coming back to your main point, it looks like Elizondo is aligning himself to the view that if ‘we’ don’t get disclosure in the next 3-4 years, disclosure will be “forced upon us”.  That is a narrative that has also been expounded by Greer and other prominent commentators on this topic. It all sounds very vague and if you think about it, how many times over the past 20 years or so have declarations been made about significant events happening to planet earth occurring during year-X? I am very sceptical. Which looks like that perhaps we will get a formal declaration on the outcome of the ongoing Congress investigation in 12-18 months after all - as suggested by Ross Coulthart?

I have to say, I found the whole tone of the video, quite sinister. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I have a lot of time for Elizondo, albeit that he is also very much in the same position that whistleblower David Grusch finds himself currently- I.e. he is bound by his various Security declarations / NDA’s. 

If he is alluding to Dr. Greer, then I totally agree with his view on him. I’ve said on here before that the Disclosure Project is about the powerful whistleblower testimonies that have aligned to that organisation. Listening to Greer, you would be forgiven for thinking that it’s mostly about him. Furthermore, I don’t agree with Greer’s oft-repeated mantra that the alien presence is 100% very positive for humanity. There is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise - much of it consistent.

Coming back to your main point, it looks like Elizondo is aligning himself to the view that if ‘we’ don’t get disclosure in the next 2-3 years, disclosure will be “forced upon us”.  That is a narrative that has also been expounded by Greer and other prominent commentators on this topic. It all sounds very vague and if you think about it, how many times over the past 20 years or so have declarations been made about significant events happening to planet earth occurring during year-X? I am very sceptical. Which looks like that perhaps we will get a formal declaration on the outcome of the ongoing Congress investigation in 12-18 months after all - as suggested by Ross Coulthart?

I have say, I found the whole tone of the video, quite sinister. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I've been very skeptical of Luis Elizondo, and the fact that he's not said hee haw in the last year or so makes me wonder why. 

But his response on that video, i found to be quite real. 

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Finally!  The evidence I've been asking for.

Be aware, however, that some people will try to tell you that it's not aliens, and that Ireland has both a secret space programme AND a secret leprechaun breeding programme. That's nonsense, of course - no way is the Irish government capable of that.  So there's only one logical conclusion.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Looks Photoshopped to me.

Aww.  You're crushing my excitement about the evidence I've been waiting for.

32 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Aww.  You're crushing my excitement about the evidence I've been waiting for.

If you look really close, you can see the pixels they changed.

4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Looks Photoshopped to me.

MSM! SHEEPLE!

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

If you look really close, you can see the pixels they changed.

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!  DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

Greedy Jambo

Jesus, lads, I take it you're all retired and have nothing better to do? 

I'd ask you to start a comedy thready, but you're not funny enough. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Jesus, lads, I take it you're all retired and have nothing better to do? 

I'd ask you to start a comedy thready, but you're not funny enough. 

Just trying to lighten the mood.  Some people are taking this alien visitors business far too seriously.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Just trying to lighten the mood.  Some people are taking this alien visitors business far too seriously.

While I can't take it remotely seriously, it's comedic to me.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well said.  Shure 'tis nautin' but a bit of craic.

3983106_0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0385008b70e

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Well said.  Shure 'tis nautin' but a bit of craic.

3983106_0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0385008b70e

If that crash lands in Larkhall it's troubles have just begun.