• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So what happened in Stendel's first game when he was on the bench? Why did we try to buy Gordon?

(Not long until this is merged into the main Pereira thread I imagine.)

In 5....   4......   3

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So what happened in Stendel's first game when he was on the bench? Why did we try to buy Gordon?

(Not long until this is merged into the main Pereira thread I imagine.)

Probably injured. 

Congratulations to Joel tonight. He should take pride in his performance. 

only conceding 5 from 12 on target is a dramatic improvement on his worse in the league 53% saves made. This is clear evidence that he is back on form. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Probably injured. 

He was on the bench. No mention anywhere of him being injured.

Wouldn't explain why we thought it was worth signing Gordon.

There is zero evidence that we are contractually obliged to play him. It is just a myth perpetuated by those that want to be absolve Stendel of any blame for bad decisions. It now seems to being accepted as fact by others.

2 minutes ago, JOHNART82 said:

surely there's a gk on a free better than what we have

I could go down the jack kane on Sunday afternoon and pick a better keeper out the Sunday league. 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I could go down the jack kane on Sunday afternoon and pick a better keeper out the Sunday league. 

My thoughts exactly. And I dont think that's even a joke, he really is that bad. How on earth did someone at Man Utd decide he had enough talent to maybe one day play for them!???

I've played in goal at a decent standard for over 20 years. That man's technical ability apart from the ball at his feet is horrific. I wonder what they are coached when they train!! I'm sure people who haven't played football can see this as it is blatantly obvious. I am astonished he is picked week in week out. 

Better call Saul
2 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

I've played in goal at a decent standard for over 20 years. That man's technical ability apart from the ball at his feet is horrific. I wonder what they are coached when they train!! I'm sure people who haven't played football can see this as it is blatantly obvious. I am astonished he is picked week in week out. 

Who the hell scouted him 

29 minutes ago, Edin22 said:

Can't we start him and then sub him off after a minute 😂

Legally, and if there is the suggested agreement with Manchester United, then yes, we can.

13 minutes ago, BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA said:

Match fixing....heard it here first...

Said it on the match day thread someone needs to be checking his betting habits or at least his pals. No keeper signed by an EPL team can be this bad. 

Tell you what that Joe Hart was moaning on the box the other day about not getting game time... he’s more than welcome at Tynecastle

9 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Who the hell scouted him 

Nobody scouted him.  Levein just thought he must be good because he is on the books of Man United.  Another failed project by that **** Levein.

The most frustrating thing is simply the inevitability of this.   For every shot on target he let's in 1 goal..... That's the stats and its not going to change.   The goal keepers position this season will get us relegated.  We have to have a keeper that can keep the ball out of the net.  The pressure is only going to increase as games run out and a nervous keeper will take us down. 

Jambof3tornado

If pereira had anything about him he would stub his toe on his way to work tomorrow and declare himself unfit.

Stendel must explain why he has persisted with this clown when it was clear from the start he wasnt good enough.

20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Not sure if it was stone but looked decent in the warm up. Definitely worth a try!

Stone! ! I think JP was stoned 😂

Assuming Bobby is in goal on Saturday we really need to get behind him. His confidence was shot earlier in the season and it's in out interests to boost him as best we can.

We're not going to move up the league unless we have goalkeeper that can contribute.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

There is zero evidence that we are contractually obliged to play him. It is just a myth perpetuated by those that want to be absolve Stendel of any blame for bad decisions. It now seems to being accepted as fact by others.

Maybe. We will find out at the Q&A as Stendel will definitely get asked that at least once.

I’ll lose my shit if he starts on Sat.

23 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Assuming Bobby is in goal on Saturday we really need to get behind him. His confidence was shot earlier in the season and it's in out interests to boost him as best we can.

We're not going to move up the league unless we have goalkeeper that can contribute.

No chance - our ****wit fans would be booing Bobby at the first hint of a mistake and then ironically cheer the next catch.