Pereira

parwj

Leveins Battalion

Joel Pereira,signed without anybody from HMFC seeing him play.

There is all that is wrong with Hearts  in a nutshell.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

MarkDevriesScores4

Joel himself costs us between 1 and 3 goals per match. 

unless he is dropped, we will be relegated and a large share of the blame lies with him. The other share lies with CL who signed him without seeing him play and now we are (I believe) contractually obliged to play him. 

easy wages for Bobby and Colin. They can’t be selected even if Stendel wanted to.

We need to arrange him to get “ injured “ I’m hearing this contractual horror story too . You couldn’t make it up utterly astonishing.... or is it !!

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Joel himself costs us between 1 and 3 goals per match. 

unless he is dropped, we will be relegated and a large share of the blame lies with him. The other share lies with CL who signed him without seeing him play and now we are (I believe) contractually obliged to play him. 

easy wages for Bobby and Colin. They can’t be selected even if Stendel wanted to.

He’s been dropped before so I can’t believe this is true. If it is check the bit in the contract that says Goalkeeper and tell them they didn’t send us one therefore is null and void!

Jambo, Goodbye

Hopefully breadstick fingers is dropped. 

The other two keepers got dropped for far less. 

And i don't believe for a minute he has a clause in his contract forcing us to play him. 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

45 minutes ago, Gnjambo16 said:

We need to arrange him to get “ injured “ I’m hearing this contractual horror story too . You couldn’t make it up utterly astonishing.... or is it !!

Tell us more...

Just watched the highlights,  he's directly to blame for the first but his efforts at keeping out all the others are pathetic, except maybe the one that went through Souttar's legs, when he dives he never gets near the ball - it's like watching a schoolboy. At the same time though our central defenders are hopeless at defending corners while Pereira obviously has no judgement about when to come or stay.

Maybe we could go back to ManUtd and threaten to sue them for misrepresentation of goods  as they said we were buying a goalkeeper.

Edited by upgotheheads

27 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hopefully breadstick fingers is dropped. 

The other two keepers got dropped for far less. 

And i don't believe for a minute he has a clause in his contract forcing us to play him. 

If that contractural clause is true, which i doubt, we should make it public, shame Utd and send him back. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Nice to see this .net Pereira rumour, being given the legs to grow.

Doing their work brilliantly, JKB.

Surely if there were Hibs.nut posters just blatantly taking the piss on here, someone would notice and do something about it though?

Just now, Barack said:

Couldn't possibly comment on that. Every faith the people in charge, know what they're doing.

yeah... me too... 

Ex member of the SaS

Can't see the rumour being true but when you look at other Levein signings I wouldn't put it past him. Simply don't see what Stendel sees in him. Ok the other keepers are not great, but what are they doing in training that makes Periera so " undroppable " surely they are showing they have something or you would have expected Stendel to dump them in his clear out.

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nice to see this .net Pereira rumour, being given the legs to grow.

Doing their work brilliantly, JKB.

I’m not really up for praising Stendel and this might be shite but if I had three keepers low on confidence and ability and was bottom of the league I’d be waiting till after a trip to darkheid to change one.

Hackney Hearts
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not really up for praising Stendel and this might be shite but if I had three keepers low on confidence and ability and was bottom of the league I’d be waiting till after a trip to darkheid to change one.

Good point. Let's hope that's what he's been thinking.

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't see the rumour being true but when you look at other Levein signings I wouldn't put it past him. Simply don't see what Stendel sees in him. Ok the other keepers are not great, but what are they doing in training that makes Periera so " undroppable " surely they are showing they have something or you would have expected Stendel to dump them in his clear out.

For a while Bobby was a bit of a hero for us but making blunders coming off his line got him dropped pretty quickly. On the other hand he's a pretty good shot-stopper which mostly made up for his mistakes. Pereira meanwhile costs us a minimum of a goal a game and sometimes two or three imo.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, munro9 said:

Actually feel sorry for him. To have played at the level he has he’s obviously not a bad keeper but his confidence is shot and to keep playing him behind a shaky defence (I accept he is in part responsible for their nervousness) is only making things worse. Give the lads break and take him out instead of setting him up as the fall guy every game. Must be a dreadful situation for him to be in. Situation not being managed well at all.

He’s on £15k a week, I don’t feel that sorry for him. He’s hardly played at a decent level domestically. Has switched allegiances from Switzerland to Portugal though.

3FADA365-77CF-4A48-AA81-0CFC593CF646.png

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

For a while Bobby was a bit of a hero for us but making blunders coming off his line got him dropped pretty quickly. On the other hand he's a pretty good shot-stopper which mostly made up for his mistakes. Pereira meanwhile costs us a minimum of a goal a game and sometimes two or three imo.

He said he would speak to the GK coach about it before the Falkirk game. Stendel/Sievers and Tonge must be busy trying to coach the rest of the team. Time to get a free agent GK in, Gallacher to go in the summer.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In that case, he would be going into a game presuming we would be heavily beaten. I think the real answer is he picks the goalie based on the type of game he wants the team to play. He sees the goale as a quick moving, accurate passer. DS has not got his hands tied by man utd and he has got at least two alternative goalies. It is his call. FWIW, I reckon that is pereira done.

25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Makes you wonder where these rumours come from or what type of arsehole would spread them around different fan forums. 

3 minutes ago, westbow said:

In that case, he would be going into a game presuming we would be heavily beaten. I think the real answer is he picks the goalie based on the type of game he wants the team to play. He sees the goale as a quick moving, accurate passer. DS has not got his hands tied by man utd and he has got at least two alternative goalies. It is his call. FWIW, I reckon that is pereira done.

Aye you’re no doubt right there. Was just a passing thought. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, westbow said:

Would agree 100% with that summary.

He has of course seen the other 2 as well and nothing to convince him there would be any benefit.

Zlamal only gets better by Pereiras own ineptitude. Livingston and St Johnstone I think the 2 games he replaced El Pish and he was culpable for goals in each of those.

Staggering, it really is

Before he was appointed, Stendel presumably had seen Pereira play and didn't fancy him that much , which is  why he started Zlamal against St. Johnstone in his first game in charge. However, Zlamal nearly cost us a goal in the first half when he went wandering and was arguably at fault for goal from the corner. Stendel made his decision and backed Pereira thereafter. Just cannot see him changing his mind now.

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That was my thinking last night when I saw Pereira was still in.

Let's hope Daniel is really that intuitive.

Perror cannot be starting in our two biggest games of the season. He's ****ing shocking. 

Man Utd should be getting telt where to go. I'd absolutely be okay with us killing our relationship with them going forward if it meant staying up.

He cannot save shots. He should not be in goals. 

You all know exactly how accies are going to play. Sit in and hit us on the counter attack. We struggle to break teams down meaning the inevitable error by Perror will cost us the game. Its going to be cadgey. Its not worth risking our top flight status to keep backing this clown. 

If the lad has anything about him at all, he'll claim he's strained his back in training so can't make the next few games. Gives us a fighting chance of staying up. 

The man utd/city link up hasn't exactly worked out great for us. Pereira, meshino, dmitri Mitchell and Ashley-brown (or something like that anyway!) have hardly set the heather on fire.

2 hours ago, westbow said:

Emiliano Viviano would do.   Only 34 and has made over 250 Serie A appearances.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I hate saying ‘he’s the worst Hearts keeper I’ve ever seen’ because I’m wary of exaggerating but I think it’s true. There’s nothing he does well.

Btw though, our defending last night was so bad it was amateur. Nobody knows what they’re doing or where they’re supposed to be. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The man utd/city link up hasn't exactly worked out great for us. Pereira, meshino, dmitri Mitchell and Ashley-brown (or something like that anyway!) have hardly set the heather on fire.

Ah, but that was McPhee’s big gold star. Another claim about him which doesn’t stack up.

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

If that contractural clause is true, which i doubt, we should make it public, shame Utd and send him back. 

If its true then we should just ignore it as putting him in the team is going to

affect the other players who have no trust in him and also create a hostile 

atmosphere the only chance of staying up is send him back now

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Pereira is not a goalkeeper. It's beyond me how Manchester United ever thought he was, and even more so how Hearts previous regime, and now Stendel, think he is. I don't think Zlamal is a goalkeeper either, just a very athletic/gymnastic guy who wants to play football.

In the games we've recently lost, Pereira has done nothing to suggest his 'sweeper' role is achieving anything, while showing his inability to even save shots competently, or at all, that are hit straight at him. At least Zlamal sometimes make saves that could be described as 'great', but still makes the mistakes that have got us into the trouble we are in.

In the past three league games Pereira has lost eleven goals and made one, that's one, good save. I very much doubt that any past Hearts goalkeeper has a record like that. Not only that, in his previous matches, he has made absolutely no memorable saves.

I care not how good he is with his feet, his hands are made of very soft rubber. And he can't dive to save himself.

He's even worse than Ray Dunlop was.

alwaysthereinspirit
51 minutes ago, kila said:

Against Celtic earlier in the season:

218873276.jpg.gallery.thumb.jpg.159c70bbb99f0fa6f887bb84c020de14.jpg

Take a look at the low lights thread on here. Pause it at the exact moment required and he's out of position 8 out of 10 times.

Positional sense is oot the windae. Clueless.

Why would the club actively try to get Craig back if this joker has to play? 

If he does actually need to play or we pay more his wages can one of the players no just cripple him in training? 

Edited by Last Laff

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I hate saying ‘he’s the worst Hearts keeper I’ve ever seen’ because I’m wary of exaggerating but I think it’s true. There’s nothing he does well.

Btw though, our defending last night was so bad it was amateur. Nobody knows what they’re doing or where they’re supposed to be. 

He's excellent with his feet.....just hopeless at goalkeeping...

rudiatemyhamster

The guy is hopeless

Reminds me of being in goals as a kid

Is that guy that got sacked for eating pies on the touch line not available.....

Edited by rudiatemyhamster

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Take a look at the low lights thread on here. Pause it at the exact moment required and he's out of position 8 out of 10 times.

Positional sense is oot the windae. Clueless.

Absolutely, his shot stopping ability is pure rank he can’t make himself big when there is one on one and as you say his positional sense is minus zero !

rudiatemyhamster
1 minute ago, One five said:

Absolutely, his shot stopping ability is pure rank he can’t make himself big when there is one on one and as you say his positional sense is minus zero !

I think the Lithuanian keeper was better

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

I think the Lithuanian keeper was better

Kurskis?

I'd put them equal

V Celtic in the first half he looked surprised he'd saved it

pettigrewsstylist

Can we not get a giant subbuteo type goalie with 30 odd fans controlling the lever in Gorgie stand behind goals?

Think Stuart Hall,  Its a Knockout style.....

KO-2015-pic4-Giant-on-the-Run-577x576.jpg

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

I hate this laddie.

I want him to **** off so badly. He's going to be responsible for relegating us. Where as a good striker turns a 0-0 into a 1-0 he's doing the opposite. Arsehole.

WoolfordsHearts

I start to begin to feel sorry for him then I imagine him sitting about his plush west end flat, with his stunning wag dropping glasses of champagne about the place.