• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

24 minutes ago, brux said:

It wasnt Lennon, he gave it th he go ahead but the powers above him said no.

Because everything celtic hates hearts,, girfut scumbags !🖕

The jury has been out regarding Pereira for a while now. I was at St Johnstone on Saturday and was hoping he would be dropped but after last night I’d expect Bobby Z to be in the starting eleven on Saturday night against Falkirk. No matter how good Pereira is with the ball at his feet he lacks the ability to make a save that 9 out of 10 keepers would make. Pereira is not good enough for Hearts which it a pity and I’d imagine if his club (Man U) have been keeping tabs on his load period with Hearts they will not be impressed.

Adam_the_legend

Pereira should’ve been dropped after our last game but there he was last night. I have a horrible feeling DS considers him as the only one of our GK’s who can play in his system so he will continue to play. I always thought the criticism bobby got was ott and whilst not a world beater he is, imo, easily the best of our 3 GK’s. Put him in DS!!

Get the laddie Stone back and give him a chance. Seriously if he’s worse than this joker he’ll not make it as a keeper anyway.

Theres been 12 shots on target in the last 3 games 7 have hit the back of the net!

He doesn’t lack confidence he lacks ability. The opposition manager must throw the tactics board in the bin when they see the team sheet and just write.. shoot! 

Ryan Stevenson was a better keeper, Man Utd you are having a laugh!

MarkDevriesScores4

Worse than Jack Hamilton. The fact that he’s on the books at Man Utd makes me think I could have made it as a keeper professionally as I would have saved 2 of those last night.

After all the good work being done outfield we are being ruined by this charlatan.

other sides just need to hit a shot on target and they’ll score.

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

If you're to believe the rumours, Craig Gordon was all set for a return until Neil Lennon vetoed it. 

It was Peter Lawell who KB’d it. 

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 07:30, PB21 said:

Watch goals back. State of pitch plays a part.

GK gets blame for penalty as well? Aye ok. 

I guarantee Periera has a better career than probably all GKs Hearts have ever had. He’s still very young, people forget that. He will learn from mistakes.

This has aged well

31 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The jury has been out regarding Pereira for a while now. I was at St Johnstone on Saturday and was hoping he would be dropped but after last night I’d expect Bobby Z to be in the starting eleven on Saturday night against Falkirk. No matter how good Pereira is with the ball at his feet he lacks the ability to make a save that 9 out of 10 keepers would make. Pereira is not good enough for Hearts which it a pity and I’d imagine if his club (Man U) have been keeping tabs on his load period with Hearts they will not be impressed.

I’d be utterly shocked if Pereira was in the starting 11 Saturday 

Bazzas right boot

The thought of his shot/ save rate and us playing celtic who scored 4 at motherwell gives me the fear. 

Hard fought 11 - 6 victory for Celtic 

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

If you're to believe the rumours, Craig Gordon was all set for a return until Neil Lennon vetoed it. 

Maybe, but surely there was somewhere someplace a more capable keeper to be had.It cant be hard given what we have got.It could well be the difference between going down or staying up.

been here before
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thought of his shot/ save rate and us playing celtic who scored 4 at motherwell gives me the fear. 

Hard fought 11 - 6 victory for Celtic 

There's no way Periera is going to save 18 shots on goal.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, been here before said:

There's no way Periera is going to save 18 shots on goal.

😂😂😂

maroonlegions

If he is in goals in the cup game then we have a massive problem with our new manager .

Pereira gloves from last night.

No photo description available. 

part_time_jambo
5 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I watched the 'highlights' again earlier and they confirmed what I thought at the time. Joel made himself so small in closing down for the 2nd goal. He pretty much lunges in with his feet and leaves a huge area to hit it over the top. Go back to the days of Peter Schmeichel and he always made himself massive and very difficult to beat when he had a 1v1. 

The lack of basics such as this and the fact he doesn't ever seem to communicate with his defenders is really unbelievable for a keeper that's employed by Man U. 

Listen to the highlights on BBC. There is someone screaming in the background at the 2nd goal "stay on your line". Not sure if it was a player.

He didn't cover himself in glory at any of the 3 goals.

Captain Canada
19 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Listen to the highlights on BBC. There is someone screaming in the background at the 2nd goal "stay on your line". Not sure if it was a player.

You're right. I think if he'd stayed on his line then there was no real danger from that angle. The ball was in the air a while from the flick on at the first goal and was on the six yard line but he stayed put. The third was baffling to say the least and is hopefully the last one he concedes for us. He shouldn't feature again this season because he has no shot stopping ability. 

He could play a big role in us going down and then just hit the road. I'd rather have a keeper with something to prove who was totally invested in the fight. 

Edited by Captain Canada

MarkDevriesScores4

The matches I’ve watched this season (don’t see all away games), I’ve estimated that Joel has cost us a minimum of 7points. Minimum.

that’s the difference between between being bottom or being 9th. 

sort the keeper situation and an improvement will be seen. 

50 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

It was Halkett.

Don't envy the centre-backs playing in front of such a poor keeper.

Holyrood_Hearts
58 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

That was Halkett

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

Yeah he said stay on your line, stay on your ****ing line!

jambogirlglasgow

I think it has become pretty clear that if we don't spend the cash right now on a new keeper then we are going down. That would be inexcusable, in my view. 

I'm a big fan of Stendel however the issue of our keeper is a sticking point. SURELY we can't have Pereira in goals against Falkirk. Stendel saying we didn't really need a keeper raised my eyebrows and the last few games have done nothing but prove him wrong. We really need a free agent.

Edited by Sertse

MarkDevriesScores4

JP’s made more mistakes than Bobby and Doyle combined. The pair of them must be wondering what they need to do to get another chance. 

1 hour ago, One five said:

The other two keepers cack as well but imo Joel should never put on a hearts strip again .

Let's see if they have improved 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'm a big fan of Stendel however the issue of our keeper is a sticking point. SURELY we can't have Pereira in goals against Falkirk. Stendel saying we didn't really need a keeper raised my eyebrows and the last few games have done nothing but prove him wrong. We really need a free agent.

In Stendel’s defence, the major Pereira howlers have only come to light since the window closed (ie in the last 5 days).  If this had happened several weeks ago, I have no doubt we’d have had a new keeper in by now.  

37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

In Stendel’s defence, the major Pereira howlers have only come to light since the window closed (ie in the last 5 days).  If this had happened several weeks ago, I have no doubt we’d have had a new keeper in by now.  

True, but his form has been questionable for a while. Stendel must be kicking himself now. Let's hope they have an emergency fund.

Just watched the highlights - he’s at fault for all 3 in my opinion and his positioning at the second is criminal. 

Honking goalkeeper - social media says “Manchester United player” :facepalm: three cup appearances don’t count. 

SectionDJambo

Pereira needs to be taken out the team now, for his benefit. The media highlighting of his deficiencies is going to result in opposition fans goading him, which will make him an even bigger bag of nerves. That’s before Hearts fans start on him.

A goalkeeper making the odd mistake wouldn’t let it bother him. He is showing signs already. 

We've seen this before when Henry Smith made some high profile mistakes. He was taken out the team for a while to repair his confidence. Even Jim Cruickshank was rested now and again.

It will not do Pereira any favours keeping him in the team.

Horrendous goalkeeper, up there with the worst I’ve ever known playing for Hearts.  I’ve seen Ray Dunlop play too. :lol: 

Also, how many spellings of Pereira can there be?  

It’s Joel Pereira ffs.

All 3 keepers have issues. We may of won the cup final but for a howler from Bobby. 
the point here is not ruining this young keepers confidence completely. He needs taken out of the firing line for his own good. Parkhead will likely see us hammered for shots on goal and the last thing he needs is 10-20 shots on target.

Have seen some really good goal keepers and some that are not as good at Hearts.

Pereira despite showing the odd flash of ability never produced quality with any consistency at Hearts.

ToadKiller Dog

Kurskis is the all time worst keeper I have seen not just at hearts but at any professional level.

Pereira must have shown somthing to get as far as Man utd ,so either its he hasnt developed or it's a mental issue ,but we are in a position where we cant afford to wait and see .

Bring Bobby in and see for now and look for any quality who's available free .

Jambof3tornado

Pereira will never have felt pressure of the levels on him now.  Halketts outburst probably tells you exactly how he feels about Joel so its safe to say the defenders have little confidence in him.

I dont see how we can carry on with him and when the team gets announced on saturday at 1820 with a swirling wind as forecast there will be a huge sigh of disbelief is he starts.

Bobby or bust.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pereira will never have felt pressure of the levels on him now.  Halketts outburst probably tells you exactly how he feels about Joel so its safe to say the defenders have little confidence in him.

I dont see how we can carry on with him and when the team gets announced on saturday at 1820 with a swirling wind as forecast there will be a huge sigh of disbelief is he starts.

Bobby or bust.

This.  I’d rather see Zlamal decisively taking out his own centre halves to get to the ball than anymore of the Pereira show.  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  I’d rather see Zlamal decisively taking out his own centre halves to get to the ball than anymore of the Pereira show.  

This for me. Pereira has looked iffy from the start. Under Levein it looked like Zlamal might come back in, but Stendel's system needs a goalie who can come out and do the sweeper keeper thing, but at what cost if he keeps letting shots go right through him?

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This for me. Pereira has looked iffy from the start. Under Levein it looked like Zlamal might come back in, but Stendel's system needs a goalie who can come out and do the sweeper keeper thing, but at what cost if he keeps letting shots go right through him?

Bobby has come off his line and out his box a few times, think he did it once at east fife!! Seriously I'd rather have a shot stopper thats iffy with ball at feet than a guy with wet noodles for arms that can pass a ball out nicely.

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Bobby or bust.

Very much  this, Bobby has to start, but will Stendel take Pereira out the team???

It won't go down too well if Pereira is still there between the sticks come Saturday's match, all Falkirk have to do is shoot on sight........goal

Zlamal just has to be given nod.

6 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Very much  this, Bobby has to start, but will Stendel take Pereira out the team???

It won't go down too well if Pereira is still there between the sticks come Saturday's match, all Falkirk have to do is shoot on sight........goal

Zlamal just has to be given nod.

Be a shocking decision if bobby is not in goal.

Gordon Ramsay

From the interview in today's EEN looks like Joel is going nowhere. 

Ridiculous decision. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Ricardo Shillyshally

Can someone tech savvy collate his errors into one clip?  Of the top of my head since Stendel came in

v Hamilton away (soft through his hands)

v Hibs  at home (positioning at Boyles goal)

v Aberdeen at home (positioning at free kick and ability to move his feet quick enough)

v St Johnstone away  (down in instalments for the first and  invisible for the 2nd)

v Killie  at home (poor at three goals)

Stendel  might publicly back him - thats the right thing to do, but he'll know the score.   Joel has completely undermined  most of the good work Daniel has done since he came in.  With a decent keeper we'd be 10th at worst, probably higher.

Bobby is a poor replacement and Levein indicated earlier in the year that his head was not in the right place.   Hopefully he's got himself sorted out as this situation will see us relegated if we dont fix it.

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

13 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

From the interview in today's EEN looks like Joel is going nowhere. 

Ridiculous decision. 

Just mental. Seems to be only blaming Joel for the third goal.