Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

This was said weeks ago mate, can’t see us getting out of level 3 this year at all. 

I must have missed that, I kinda agree with the level 3 for a while.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I can’t imagine people from the West coming through here for a drink are they that desperate. 

Thousands went to England to watch the uglies in a pub last month, not doing what they should isn’t helping control the virus. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

I must have missed that, I kinda agree with the level 3 for a while.

You wouldn’t find it on here, doesn’t fit with the agenda. 
I agree too, other places need to follow what East and Midlothian have done. 

6 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

It was ending in October. Wales and Scotland almost begged for it to be extended, as did the North East and North West. 

When it was announced that the South East was facing the same restrictions as the rest of the country it was extended. 

Yeah so it didn’t end and people are complaining about the intention to end it. There’s enough stuff that has actually happened or is still happening to focus on or complain about.  

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You wouldn’t find it on here, doesn’t fit with the agenda. 
I agree too, other places need to follow what East and Midlothian have done. 

Become places where there is nothing to do?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, theshed said:

Surely it cant be hard to open hospitality and inform everyone they have to show an Edinburgh postcode to get in.... can’t be that hard to work?

What do you have with that postcode on it? Remember fans of the uglies seem to be able to replicate bar codes to get into Tynecastle. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thousands went to England to watch the uglies in a pub last month, not doing what they should isn’t helping control the virus. 

That would be to watch the game. I agree their actions isn’t helping control the virus. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This guy on the briefing today sounds like Neil Doncaster 🤬😡

He has been around a bit the last week or so, I wonder if they have decided who the new Chief Medical Officer is going to be yet ...

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What do you have with that postcode on it? Remember fans of the uglies seem to be able to replicate bar codes to get into Tynecastle. 

Driving license? 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re allowed to sell takeaway, they shouldn’t be standing outside or using the toilets though

. I hear the Diggers have Amstel/Heineken/Mcewans 80/-&70/-/Innis&Gunn/Strongbow and two cask ales on offer for £2:50 a pint, 4-6pm Tue-Thur, 2-6pm Fri-Sat & 3-5pm Sunday. 

I think if the bar is open for food inside then you can use the facilities

Very few pubs are open for that though

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, mutley said:

Become places where there is nothing to do?

Yeah there’s nothing to do there, you play golf? 

20 minutes ago, theshed said:

Surely it cant be hard to open hospitality and inform everyone they have to show an Edinburgh postcode to get in.... can’t be that hard to work?

We need ID cards. 😬

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, the general said:

I think if the bar is open for food inside then you can use the facilities

Very few pubs are open for that though

Only those in tier 2 can serve food and alcohol indoors, in tier 3 food or alcohol takeaways can’t use toilets. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

That would be to watch the game. I agree their actions isn’t helping control the virus. 

It shows the lengths they go to and their attitudes that are contributing to the problem that they are suffering more than the rest of the country. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cool, what if you don’t drive?

Tough luck?

I imagine a lot of people would have a provisional license though. I didn't drive for years but had one as ID to get into pubs.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Whilst probably factually correct it just seems like they are trying to find any excuse to keep Edinburgh at the current level when it should be based on infective rates etc . Bollovks 

You have been given an excellent reason which you then state as being "probably factually correct" but then describe it as

"Bollovks"  saying that it should be based on "infective rates etc ." Isn't that exactly what the government are doing i.e basing their strategy on infection rates etc? Isn't it obvious that people will come to Edinburgh for work at least, they will mix in hospitality, spread the virus then return to where they live increasing the infection rates everywhere? This is much less likely to happen in Tranent or Penicuik and that would be a significant factor as to why they moved to tier 2.

Yeah there’s nothing to do there, you play golf? 

Despise it. The point is was making is that these places aren’t doing much differently it’s just there are far less people and things to do there. Makes it harder for the virus to spread 

Pasquale for King
Just now, LMc said:

Tough luck?

I imagine a lot of people would have a provisional license though. I didn't drive for years but had one as ID to get into pubs.

I don’t, plenty people don’t drive, 68% had licences in 2015. 
If Sturgeon advocated this she would be crucified even more. 

Pubs aren’t legally allowed to ask for reasons why people are exempt from mask wearing, or to question if folk say they’re from the allotted amount of households so it’s unlikely postcodes checks would be used. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You have been given an excellent reason which you then state as being "probably factually correct" but then describe it as

"Bollovks"  saying that it should be based on "infective rates etc ." Isn't that exactly what the government are doing i.e basing their strategy on infection rates etc? Isn't it obvious that people will come to Edinburgh for work at least, they will mix in hospitality, spread the virus then return to where they live increasing the infection rates everywhere? This is much less likely to happen in Tranent or Penicuik and that would be a significant factor as to why they moved to tier 2.

Indeed. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only those in tier 2 can serve food and alcohol indoors, in tier 3 food or alcohol takeaways can’t use toilets. 

Hmmmmmm they are open as normal indoors until 6pm sans alcohol but serving takeaway pints as a side 

Didn't realise using the toilets wasn't allowed ... surprised as police are always keeping a keen eye on these places

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, mutley said:

Despise it. The point is was making is that these places aren’t doing much differently it’s just there are far less people and things to do there. Makes it harder for the virus to spread 

So how are the other areas in the West with smaller populations suffering higher rates than they are? 

Your post isn't clear, in tier 3 hospitality can serve food indoors before 6pm and yes you can even use the toilets.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

So how are the other areas in the West with smaller populations suffering higher rates than they are? 

Smaller populations but likely smaller areas also. Mid and East Lothian are pretty spread out. I don’t think either of those areas can claim to be doing anything different. 

Cool, what if you don’t drive?

Anything with proof of Home address 

Gas bill

council tax bill

phone bill  ect ect 

I know there isn’t a photo with these bills but it’s a start to try get hospitality open and people earning some money again 

It’s cold wet and dark now so I’d go as far as to say that no one from through the west could be bothered coming through in the first place especially with a chance of not getting in anywhere.... it’s not like before when people could come through and go on a pub crawl 

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pubs aren’t legally allowed to ask for reasons why people are exempt from mask wearing, or to question if folk say they’re from the allotted amount of households so it’s unlikely postcodes checks would be used. 

68% is quite a lot.

Would she really though? ID's are regularly used as an age verification check so I don't see it being that massive a jump.

It doesn't really matter though as it's not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, mutley said:

What is it you can do in West Lothian that you can't do in Mid or East Lothian?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, the general said:

Hmmmmmm they are open as normal indoors until 6pm sans alcohol but serving takeaway pints as a side 

Didn't realise using the toilets wasn't allowed ... surprised as police are always keeping a keen eye on these places

So they can open for soft drinks and food, but alcohol takeaway users shouldn’t stand outside or use toilets, just indoor customers. 

9ECC620D-7671-4A58-A895-B8274BA3FB7F.png

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Your post isn't clear, in tier 3 hospitality can serve food indoors before 6pm and yes you can even use the toilets.

Only if your sitting indoors, takeaway customers aren’t supposed to. 

Not legally allowed to ask? Is that right? Did you mean legally obliged to ask? Even if it is right they can refuse entry to anyone not wearing a mask if they want.

23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

when the weeg is eventually reduced to level 2 - we will still be left in 3

Well done. I honestly thought you couldn't post anything dafter than your usual trolling but this one takes the prize. You should be so proud 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

Anything with proof of Home address 

Gas bill

council tax bill

phone bill  ect ect 

I know there isn’t a photo with these bills but it’s a start to try get hospitality open and people earning some money again 

It’s cold wet and dark now so I’d go as far as to say that no one from through the west could be bothered coming through in the first place especially with a chance of not getting in anywhere.... it’s not like before when people could come through and go on a pub crawl 

All easily copied. 
Do you know anyone from the West?

Not difficult to book a table in a pub these days. 
Celtic are playing Hibs on Saturday, if we were open the pubs in Leith would be full of them, as Carlisle and others were for the OF game. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Smaller populations but likely smaller areas also. Mid and East Lothian are pretty spread out. I don’t think either of those areas can claim to be doing anything different. 

Mid Lothian isn't "pretty spread out". Not compared to Ayrshire I wouldn't have thought.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not legally allowed to ask? Is that right? Did you mean legally obliged to ask? Even if it is right they can refuse entry to anyone not wearing a mask if they want.

I know what I meant thanks, if someone says they’re exempt we have no legal right to ask why. 
If we ask if they’re from 2 households and they say yes we have to take that at face value, we’ve done our bit. We can refuse service as long as you’re not discriminating against someone, which this would be. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only if your sitting indoors, takeaway customers aren’t supposed to. 

Takeaway customers have as much right to use a premises toilets as someone casually strolling past said premises. A takeaway customer is not the same as a customer using a beer garden.

All easily copied. 
Do you know anyone from the West?

Not difficult to book a table in a pub these days. 
Celtic are playing Hibs on Saturday, if we were open the pubs in Leith would be full of them, as Carlisle and others were for the OF game. 

Now if you had compulsory government issued ID cards, then some of these challenges could be 'nipped in the bud'

Plus anything that pushes Laurence Fox to self combust suits me. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Now if you had compulsory government issued ID cards, then some of these challenges could be 'nipped in the bud'

I’m not in favour of ID cards to be honest. 
Fox combusting would be good though, preferably whilst he was shagging Rachel Riley 😆😂

I know what I meant thanks, if someone says they’re exempt we have no legal right to ask why. 
If we ask if they’re from 2 households and they say yes we have to take that at face value, we’ve done our bit. We can refuse service as long as you’re not discriminating against someone, which this would be. 

No need for the snarky response, I missed the fact you said asking why they are exempt and took it to mean asking if they were exempt. I'll try to pay more attention in future.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

😂 Agree.

Malinga the Swinga
50 minutes ago, graygo said:

Is it not?

No more or less than the number of people who have died from cancer or other reasons. 

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm that old, still have paper licence. 

So does my Mum and Dad 😂 They seem to last forever. 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No more or less than the number of people who have died from cancer or other reasons. 

It was a Covid briefing though.

Scottish numbers: 18 November 2020

Summary

• 1,264 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+16]
  • 54 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+17]
  • 88 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-7]
  • 1,241 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-8]
  • 21,755 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.7% of these were positive [+6,814; -3%]

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic