Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

People are gullible. She made herself look slightly more competent than a bunch of utter roasters of politicians. I mean it isn’t hard to do when the competition is Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Cummings ect... she is also getting a free ride when considering her competition is that pathetic  turd Richard Leonard and the Tory puppet Ross (where the **** is he btw?) 

She has the easiest hot seat in the world. She may as well be running unimposed due to the sheer incompetence of the other Scottish parties. 

As I suspected.

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We will see. 

It is ****ing political. Every decision she has  made has been political. Don’t be so completely blinded by loyalty and naive. She is a politician with an agenda to get Scotland independence. She will do everything and anything to get what she wants. Including using this pandemic as a way of gaining popularity. 

So wait is she trying to gain popularity in Edinburgh or treating us unfairly, I can't keep up? 

1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Absolute joke Falkirk is in 3, infection rate is  below some tier 2’s 😒

Clearly trying to gain popularity in Falkirk. 

Malinga the Swinga

When/if we resolve this nightmare, do people really believe that any politician deserves credit for how they have bahaved?

Other than the NZ prime minister, the rest of them have shown themselves to be out of touch with normal people and out of their depths in decision making. 

BJ &  NS are right up at top of list for being useless. At least BJ looks like he cares, whereas NS looks like she is revelling in it. Both have made decisions that have caused lives and both deserve nothing but disdain. 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

So wait is she trying to gain popularity in Edinburgh or treating us unfairly, I can't keep up? 

It really doesn’t matter what she does and she knows it. She doesn’t need to gain any more popularity. She has it. She has made sure of that by being the centre of attention and undermining every step Westminster has taken. 

she has played a clever game. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

It really doesn’t matter what she does and she knows it. She doesn’t need to gain any more popularity. She has it. She has made sure of that by being the centre of attention and undermining every step Westminster has taken. 

So it doesn't matter / doesn't need any more popularity... or looking after her core support in the west?

Which?  Both?  Neither?  

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Your wasting time trying to discuss anything that involves criticising NS with him. Always first to dive I think and criticise other politicians, but won't hear a word against NS. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

A game that has thousands of care home residents blood on her hands but hey ho, collateral damage.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

BJ &  NS are right up at top of list for being useless. At least BJ looks like he cares, whereas NS looks like she is revelling in it. Both have made decisions that have caused lives and both deserve nothing but disdain. 

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

A game that has thousands of care home residents blood on her hands but hey ho, collateral damage.

I'm sure she will be first to claim the credit if vaccinations start before the Holyrood elections, though.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Ray Gin said:

:rofl:

Nice response. Which part of decision to send infected patients to Care Homes do you find funniest? The bit where the care home residents died or bit where the care workers caught virus. At least we know what sort of person you are. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So it doesn't matter / doesn't need any more popularity... or looking after her core support in the west?

Which?  Both?  Neither?  

Her constituency is Glasgow (south?) she is hardly going to place them in tier three and have us in tier two. It would cause uproar amongst her die hards. Keeping us in three will do **** all to harm her popularity in the long run. 

She proved as much when she locked down Aberdeen but didn’t do the same in Glasgow. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

In what weird world will NS claim credit for a vaccine?   :rofl:

Time to read, chum.

I said vaccinations starting.

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

An upwards shift has to be more reactive to data.  That's an obvious and natural thing.  If numbers are increasing then action needs done immediately.  Downwards moves will always need to pass a different set of tests.  It should be blindingly obvious.

It's not blindingly obvious, that's why I'm asking why that would be the case.

An increase of 50 positive tests per day over say a week, is not more or less indicative than a decrease of 50 positive tests per day over a week.

Her constituency is Glasgow (south?) she is hardly going to place them in tier three and have us in tier two. It would cause uproar their. Keeping us in three will do **** all to harm her popularity in the long run. 

She proved as much when she locked down Aberdeen but didn’t do the same in Glasgow. 

Aaaah.  So political necessity to retain support in one area... but nothing can harm her support in another.

Riiight.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

In what weird world will NS claim credit for a vaccine?   :rofl:

Obviously post didn't mean that but you take any opportunity to act superior and use that stupid emoji thing. You come across so smug, makes me want to throw up. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Time to read, chum.

In what weird world will NS claim credit for vaccinations starting?  :rofl:

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Obviously post didn't mean that but you take any opportunity to act superior and use that stupid emoji thing. You come across so smug, makes me want to throw up. 

Tough.  There's equal smugness coming the other way.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not blindingly obvious, that's why I'm asking why that would be the case.

An increase of 50 positive tests per day over say a week, is not more or less indicative than a decrease of 50 positive tests per day over a week.

Because progress to suppress is harder than the virus spreading.  It also needs to be sustainable.  Still very obvious.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

From your previous posts I really don’t think you would have enjoyed living in NZs lockdown. 

Might not have enjoyed it, but she was successful and it was all explained. Was also reasonably short. We are 9 months in and going nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aaaah.  So political necessity to retain support in one area... but nothing can harm her support in another.

Riiight.

You are just unable to take your yellow SNP blinkers off. No matter what Sturgeon did you will defend it.  

As bad as trump supporters if you ask me. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tough.  There's equal smugness coming the other way.

Nah, pretty sure the reek of smugness is one way traffic.

You are just unable to take your yellow SNP blinkers off. No matter what Sturgeon did you will defend it.  

As bad as trump supporters if you ask me. 

Riiight.  Your duplicitous argument is in ashes then.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Time to read, chum.

You will never get reasonable debate, just stupid use of emoji to go along with smugness. I should know better but that type get in my nerves. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nah, pretty sure the reek of smugness is one way traffic.

It isn't. This thread truly is an embarrassment for both sides.

The Real Maroonblood

So everyone is still more interested in political point scoring than talking about the great news today of a potential 90% successful vaccine by next month. 

This thread stopped being about coronavirus months ago. Mods should change the Thread Title. 

It should be changed to Seethe Thread 2.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Because progress to suppress is harder than the virus spreading.  It also needs to be sustainable.  Still very obvious.

So downwards numbers don't suggest a lower level would be sustainable but upwards numbers do suggest action should be taken right away?

Nucky Thompson

So everyone is still more interested in political point scoring than talking about the great news today of a potential 90% successful vaccine by next month. 

This thread stopped being about coronavirus months ago. Mods should change the Thread Title. 

The vaccine news is the best for months

Just now, Taffin said:

So downwards numbers don't suggest a lower level would be sustainable but upwards numbers do suggest action should be taken right away?

Almost.  Reaction to increasing numbers always needs to be immediate.  Reaction to lower numbers will always need more analysis to prove sustainable.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So you think NS will try to claim credit for vaccinations starting?  

No, she will claim credit for guiding Scotland through it will eye-bleeding casualties being considered collateral damage to her followers.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

No, the vaccine is good news. There will still be a long delay before this gets rolled out though and we face restrictions for months if not years before we get back to living in some degree of normality. 

Is the vaccine one of the ones we have ordered millions of doses off or different one. Lots of questions but it is a start. 

On 01/11/2020 at 21:14, Auldbenches said:

If you don't fancy elaborating on the wee bit of hope, what about a very rough idea? We could do with a wee bit of light.  

😉

Just now, frankblack said:

No, she will claim credit for guiding Scotland through it will eye-bleeding casualties being considered collateral damage to her followers.

That's different to what you said though.  Previously you said she would be first to claim credit for vaccinations starting.  

24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure she will be first to claim the credit if vaccinations start before the Holyrood elections, though.

Here's the original comment.  I take it this is being disowned now then?

21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Her constituency is Glasgow (south?) she is hardly going to place them in tier three and have us in tier two. It would cause uproar amongst her die hards. Keeping us in three will do **** all to harm her popularity in the long run. 

I think she did, but Glasgow was less obedient, hence the high Covid numbers.

So,  in summary,  NS needs to avoid upsetting her support in the west... but doesn't need to avoid upsetting her support in the east... 'cos SNP support is unquestioning likes.  Plus she will claim credit for vaccinations starting... but not really 'cos it's more sort of steering the country through likes.

Anti SNP arguments as coherent as ever.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, the vaccine is good news. There will still be a long delay before this gets rolled out though and we face restrictions for months if not years before we get back to living in some degree of normality. 

Is the vaccine one of the ones we have ordered millions of doses off or different one. Lots of questions but it is a start. 

Until spring put this in to context, these are the first two vaccines that have shown evidence of vaccine offers 90% protection, that's huge. 

Do you know how many other vaccines are being made, and there is nothing to say we still can't improve it, or better yet someone else making a better one?. 

As for years i doubt that, we will be back to some normality by spring. 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Almost.  Reaction to increasing numbers always needs to be immediate.  Reaction to lower numbers will always need more analysis to prove sustainable.

So you would agree it's perplexing there has been no immediate reaction to Glasgow's level given their increasing numbers since being placed into level 3?

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Here's the original comment.  I take it this is being disowned now then?

There's no point. You'll give yourself a headache. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic