Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Would had loved to be at the game today,first time this covid and restrictions has bothered me.Hopefully get back to normality soon.Apart from the wife losing her job obviously.

Edited by weegranty

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Only partly right.  Universities certainly, the others no.

Secondary Schools are also a major problem.  Zero social distancing and proud of it.

Are they not wearing masks in High school? Or supposed to be. 

Just now, weegranty said:

Would had loved to be at the game today,first time this covid and restrictions has bothered me.Hopefully get back to normality soon.

No sign of that.  Its going to get worse before it gets better until the governments around the UK deal with those flouting the rules.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Are they not wearing masks in High school? Or supposed to be. 

Only just been instructed this week by SG.  However they hang around outside class in close bunches of seven or eight without a mask in sight and pile onto buses without being challenged.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

My mum won't go any further than her own Garden.She went shopping once with my sister but couldn't handle it again.She is not petrified and is alright pottering about in the garden but she wants to stay alive and that's what she feels she has to do.Luckily my sister lives near by so she takes her shopping and stuff.Its just brutal man.

My mum was really afraid at first too she’s better now and probably flaunts the rules a bit, but she doesn’t want to not see us especially as my dad has a bit dementia now and drives her up the wall. She had a busy life until March and the thought of not leaving the house and not seeing us and her grandchildren is just too much. Its tough weighing up your decisions. 

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Only just been instructed this week by SG.  However they hang around outside class in close bunches of seven or eight without a mask in sight and pile onto buses without being challenged.

👍

My mate drives a school bus, so I'll ask him if he's having any bother. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t what it is you believe bud you seem to think it’s all a laugh. I know people who are terrified. A mate isn’t coming to watch the game with us today and tbh he only really let It out last night why we haven’t seen him for months is that his mum has barely left her house since March and that he sees he through the window, she’s petrified. She has underlying health issues as well. Last week was the anniversary of his son dying suddenly he’d have been 21 and they didn’t get together to mourn because his mum is so afraid. I know them all very well and that’s upsetting, I know how much my mate goes into severe downers at this time of year and he doesn’t cope that well. Phone calls and stuff only really do so much you have other stuff to deal with and you forget about them. We always used to make sure he got out and about at this time to have a few beers and he’d tell you heavy stuff how he’s thought about ending it. I really don’t find this funny. I know a girl who’s son is afraid to go to school again because the cases are rising and that they have to go for tests every now and again or he freaks out he’s got it, he’s 12. You seem to think everyone thinks like you and doesn’t care a monkeys. That’s really not how it is. 
Do I want to take a new drug that’s not really been tested? Not particularly but do I want to live like this? Do I ****. 

That is sad, and the sadest thing is your mate won't be alone, far from it, as there are many who are/have been scared to shit by this.

I have a sister-in-law who is literally terrified to go out, it takes her all her time to buck up the courage to even go to the local corner shop.

The other day whilst walking up to my high street, I seen an older woman sweeping leaves off her path, and she was wearing a face mask, in her own garden, that's how much some people have been spooked by this. 

The mental health consequences of this are going to be huge and long long lasting, for a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No sign of that.  Its going to get worse before it gets better until the governments around the UK deal with those flouting the rules.

That sounds close to impossible. If people are determined to break the rules then they’ll be broken. 

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t what it is you believe bud you seem to think it’s all a laugh. I know people who are terrified. A mate isn’t coming to watch the game with us today and tbh he only really let It out last night why we haven’t seen him for months is that his mum has barely left her house since March and that he sees he through the window, she’s petrified. She has underlying health issues as well. Last week was the anniversary of his son dying suddenly he’d have been 21 and they didn’t get together to mourn because his mum is so afraid. I know them all very well and that’s upsetting, I know how much my mate goes into severe downers at this time of year and he doesn’t cope that well. Phone calls and stuff only really do so much you have other stuff to deal with and you forget about them. We always used to make sure he got out and about at this time to have a few beers and he’d tell you heavy stuff how he’s thought about ending it. I really don’t find this funny. I know a girl who’s son is afraid to go to school again because the cases are rising and that they have to go for tests every now and again or he freaks out he’s got it, he’s 12. You seem to think everyone thinks like you and doesn’t care a monkeys. That’s really not how it is. 
Do I want to take a new drug that’s not really been tested? Not particularly but do I want to live like this? Do I ****. 

Whoa where have I given the impression that I don't care or think it's a laugh? Apologies if I came across that way but it's not the case at all. You were talking about the vaccine which I think people will take even if they go on facebook and say they won't. I'm well aware people are terrified. Apart from the couple of months where household visits were allowed I've only seen my own mum and dad through the window or in the garden too. It's tragic what's happening not just because people are dying but because people are too scared to live, or are now not allowed to do things they love doing. But for a lot of people following these rules doesn't mean they're scared of the virus, they just want it over with as quickly as possible and the only way that can happen is if the virus isn't spreading as much. It's indescribably shit but that's what we've been left with. In general I think we agree with each other but I'm just hopeless at getting my point across. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

How close are England to hitting NHS capacity?

**** me.  It's irrelevant how close they are to capacity right now.  It's relevant how close to or beyond capacity they are in the weeks to come and going forward.

Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Sage have dozens of the most respected scientists across all field of knowledge including behavioural scientists. The notion that they are incapable translating numerical data into appropriate harm reduction strategies is frankly ludicrous. The tiered response  alone shows that they are trying to balance economic priorities with health needs. Deciding who goes where and where the lines are drawn are political decisions based on the real life knowledge they continue to assimilate as well as the modelling they do. 

Expecting the average citizen to fully appreciate the highly nuanced nature of this decision making process is maybe a step too far though. It is Jason Leitch's ability to bridge this gap that makes him such a valuable asset to the SG and feeds in to the very high approval ratings the SG has on its handling of this matter. Maybe those responsible in England could get him for a short secondment.

Why do they keeping get it so wrong then Einstein? 

AlphonseCapone

Folk can argue all they want about the pubs but I would point out it was the safest place for Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead so....

P.S. I know there's been some heavy posts over the last couple of pages, and it really is shite how much people have been impacted by all of this. I've been very lucky in that regard so far and I don't take that for granted. 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Wee guy, black hair, I always thought he looked Italianesque. Incredibly loud.

But an absolute gentleman and him and Ben know exactly how to run a pub.

Top man and top Hearts fans. He was a star and will be greatly missed.

Loved the wee guy :sad: 

Oh yes I think I know who u mean ? Can I ask what happened and who’s Ben ? Terrible news. . I think he was the manager ? 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That sounds close to impossible. If people are determined to break the rules then they’ll be broken. 

Curfews, a kicking, 10k fine and the clink could just be round the corner...😲 Italy & Spain know the drill.

Edited by OBE

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs, restaurants and Universities are the problem. Keep them shut with full funding til this is over. 

How. Can pubs be the problem when they have been closed for weeks now ? 

3 minutes ago, OBE said:

Curfews, a kicking, 10k fine and the klink could just be round the corner...😲 Italy & Spain know the drill.

Were they rioting in the streets over there,? Think there are fines now and rules seem to be routinely broken. I’d be up for dishing out a few kickings tbh. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How. Can pubs be the problem when they have been closed for weeks now ? 

If it needs explaining, James. There's no point. 

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Whoa where have I given the impression that I don't care or think it's a laugh? Apologies if I came across that way but it's not the case at all. You were talking about the vaccine which I think people will take even if they go on facebook and say they won't. I'm well aware people are terrified. Apart from the couple of months where household visits were allowed I've only seen my own mum and dad through the window or in the garden too. It's tragic what's happening not just because people are dying but because people are too scared to live, or are now not allowed to do things they love doing. But for a lot of people following these rules doesn't mean they're scared of the virus, they just want it over with as quickly as possible and the only way that can happen is if the virus isn't spreading as much. It's indescribably shit but that's what we've been left with. In general I think we agree with each other but I'm just hopeless at getting my point across. 

No worries man. We all deal differently with stuff. Apologies if I’ve taken wrong end of the stick👍🏼

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

We’ll end up in a proper lockdown anyway. All this partial stuff and shutting places early is just hammering the hospitality sector into the ground for no reason. They should shut everything, and pay for it like before, or nothing. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll end up in a proper lockdown anyway. All this partial stuff and shutting places early is just hammering the hospitality sector into the ground for no reason. *They should shut everything, and pay for it like before, or nothing. 

Well there's your answer why Boris is so reluctant. The Tory in him is too powerful. 

Sean Connery has died. :(

Just now, ri Alban said:

Well there's your answer why Boris is so reluctant. The Tory in him is too powerful. 

Sean Connery has died. :(

Just got the news alert ☹️  Once London needs to shut, Boris will happily close the rest of the country, which he doesn’t give a shit about. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Just got the news alert ☹️  Once London needs to shut, Boris will happily close the rest of the country, which he doesn’t give a shit about. 

I feel sorry for the North of England. That Dominic Cummings and the other political fecks who have put Government in a no win situation, have a lot to answer for. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Stick to watching “ Columbo “ Ri !!! I’m on the 50th episode now !!’ 19 to go ! It’s keeping me sane lol 

Just now, ri Alban said:

I feel sorry for the North of England. That Dominic Cummings and the other political fecks who have put Government in a no win situation, have a lot to answer for. 

The Asian boy who used to be DPP (or similar) who became semi famous for his work in exposing the Yorkshire grooming gangs, has compiled a dossier of evidence against Cummings to try and have him prosecuted. Tried to ring the article to link to but can’t. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stick to watching “ Columbo “ Ri !!! I’m on the 50th episode now !!’ 19 to go ! It’s keeping me sane lol 

One last thing...

Feeling very low today reading all these messages and different views about what should happen . This day should be a joyous day for us Jambos but I just can’t pluck up any enthusiasm for it . On derby day of usually be getting ready to meet mates , a few drinks then the match . Nothin at all like a derby day . And to top it all Edinburgh’s finest citizen ( well him and Arthur Conan Doyle ) Sean Connery has died . However a great innings though . May he rest in peace . Come on Hearts make it a win for him ! HHGH 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

One last thing...

Lol yeah Ri and I are big fans of the show ! It really was a briiliant , well written and plotted show . Quite revolutionary for its time with the murdered exposed at the beginning and also the main cop having no side kick ! Oh and one more thing Peter Falk was a terrific actor . 

49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

My mum was really afraid at first too she’s better now and probably flaunts the rules a bit, but she doesn’t want to not see us especially as my dad has a bit dementia now and drives her up the wall. She had a busy life until March and the thought of not leaving the house and not seeing us and her grandchildren is just too much. Its tough weighing up your decisions. 

My mum lives across in Fife now so a bit harder for myself to see her with work and other things.Probably have more phone chats now than we ever did though.Glad your mum is doing better.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Feeling very low today reading all these messages and different views about what should happen . This day should be a joyous day for us Jambos but I just can’t pluck up any enthusiasm for it . On derby day of usually be getting ready to meet mates , a few drinks then the match . Nothin at all like a derby day . And to top it all Edinburgh’s finest citizen ( well him and Arthur Conan Doyle ) Sean Connery has died . However a great innings though . May he rest in peace . Come on Hearts make it a win for him ! HHGH 

:fth:

C'mon Hearts! 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well that was the case when they eased things from the last lockdown.

Remember London was at something like 0.5 to 0.7 whilst the North of England was around about 0.7 to 1, and the North warned the Government that it was too soon to open things up, but London was all that mattered, and look at the state of the North now.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You'll feel much better when Walker slots the third in. 👍

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You'll feel much better when Walker slots the third in. 👍

Hopefully ! 

The likelihood of a UK wide lockdown having much effect is low imo. He’s got that arsehole Cummings to thank for that.  

He’ll need to bring in the army this time because sadly a large proportion of the population, like his pal, have no respect for the rules and no f**ks given for the health of their communities.  

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’re they rioting in the streets over there,? Think there are fines now and rules seem to be routinely broken. I’d be up for dishing out a few kickings tbh. 

Rioting, may have caught some authorities of guard, quickly quelled and brought to heel, allegedly.

I'm still in awe at the video footage of how quickly the Rab C vested punter in Italy was incapacitated. Yes, the enforcers were willing to engage in conversation but only on their terms and after he'd been hog-tied. TBF, it looked as if he'd had a few Cinzanos aboard...:toasting: 💥 WTF was that kinda scene...:biggrin2:

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye have these days as well pal. Have a few amd enjoy the win 🇱🇻🇱🇻😀😉

Edited by jack D and coke

AlphonseCapone

It'll be an absolute mockery of all this tier shit if we simply copy England and go for a national lockdown. Surely we give it another couple of weeks here to see what impact the new system has. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye have these days as well pal. Have a few amd enjoy the win 🇱🇻🇱🇻😀😉

Cheers ! Yeah one of those days , 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

It'll be an absolute mockery of all this tier shit if we simply copy England and go for a national lockdown. Surely we give it another couple of weeks here to see what impact the new system has. 

Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yes I would hope so it’s far more sensible option than full lockdown , less economic damage As well . Even though I’m opposed to full lockdowns I do think the tier system is the fairer system if used correctly , is not lumping Glasgow and Edinburgh together as both stats are completely different . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Cheers ! Yeah one of those days , 

Hear James. The audience and judges reaction had me in stitches. Maybe it'll cheer you up a bit too. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo on a 4pm today for presser where lockdown expected. 

Hopefully your casually racist, gun totting toff's soiree won't be adversely affected, LBJ. 🤞

Wouldn’t it be a great tribute tonight if they played the iconic Bond theme tonight before the match ? Or / and a minutes silence ? He deserves it 

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don’t want everything shut but giving more time to something that has very little chance of working (imo of course) is just extending the harm. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hear James. The audience and judges reaction had me in stitches. Maybe it'll cheer you up a bit too. 

Brilliant 

33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It won't be all doom and gloom forever mate. The world has made good progress with treatments and vaccines over the summer, so while restrictions may be needed for now, there is still plenty hope.

17 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

bang on.  I agree. We will go in lockdown if folk travel cross city etc.  A load of Glasgow lads were in the borders midweek for drink. Things like that will see it locked down

Edited by 1971fozzy

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic