Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Curious to what the form is that you had to fill out.

The nurse did ask me why I get the flu jab.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The per-NHS board infection stats for today (per-100,000):

Lanarkshire 49, Greater Glasgow 42, Lothian 26, Ayrshire & Arran 25, Forth Valley 19, Tayside 14, Fife 13, Dumfries & Galloway 10.

All others: less than 10.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So, I've been eagerly watching my clock so I can be the first to post the daily stats as per the Scottish Government's site ;) :

Scottish numbers: 14 October 2020

Summary

• 1,429 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 16.4%* of newly tested individuals [+132]
  • 15 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 49 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+14]
  • 570 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+43]
  • 22,152 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

It’s all a hoax apparently 😳

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Said no-one on here.

No, apologies. There is one plumb who thinks it's a hoax.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

it was just your name, address  dob and medical practice.  Apparently there are two different flu jabs . One is for the over 65s and the other is under 65.  

Cheers, just wondered, as down here in the Borders, the under 65's had appointments made at the health centre to get our jab and the over 65's were getting theirs at the local town hall, everything by appointment only, you couldn't just walk up.  I got mine just over 2 weeks ago now.

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I cannot name anyone on this who has said this.  People have questioned the efficacy of mask wearing , the lockdown restrictions etc but never said it has been a hoax. That slur is used by people like you to discredit their views. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Cheers, just wondered, as down here in the Borders, the under 65's had appointments made at the health centre to get our jab and the over 65's were getting theirs at the local town hall, everything by appointment only, you couldn't just walk up.  I got mine just over 2 weeks ago now.

Ours were in time slots depending on ones surname. 

29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Numbers shooting up again so the flat earthers change tack yet again. Not got a clue why they are blind deaf and dumb regarding this 

Any excuse to have a go at Sturgeon or how bad Scotland is appears to be some of the thoughts on here. People have Covid and are dying so why can't some folk be more empathetic instead of using it as an excuse to have a go. Weird behaviour! 

Riddley Walker
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I cannot name anyone on this who has said this.  People have questioned the efficacy of mask wearing , the lockdown restrictions etc but never said it has been a hoax. That slur is used by people like you to discredit their views. 

Nah, there's a couple of people on this thread who think it's a hoax designed to lockdown the world with a view to implementing a one-world currency and government. Seriously.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Any excuse to have a go at Sturgeon or how bad Scotland is appears to be some of the thoughts on here. People have Covid and are dying so why can't some folk be more empathetic instead of using it as an excuse to have a go. Weird behaviour! 

Typical sheep response. People have a right to question Govt policy and interventions which affect every aspect of their lives. Its called a democracy.  At the same time they can also be empathic.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nah, there's a couple of people on this thread who think it's a hoax designed to lockdown the world with a view to implementing a one-world currency and government. Seriously.

Cant say I have noticed them. Evidences how much I think about their looney views. 

14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

There are still some on here to still refuse to take this seriously 

such arrogant selfish behaviour 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Cant say I have noticed them. Evidences how much I think about their looney views. 

Can you really not see there are some on here not taking it seriously and following the rules?

5 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Typical sheep response. People have a right to question Govt policy and interventions which affect every aspect of their lives. Its called a democracy.  At the same time they can also be empathic.

Typical response. Thanks. 

Heartsmad1874
22 minutes ago, Alex said:

For me the NHS is to big an entity to be classified as one thing and what is the definition of overwelmed.

The NHS is the biggest employer on the UK and was already struggling with waiting lists and cancelled appointments before this all kicked off.

My mate is a nurse in Highland and has been working on days off and what should have been holidays on a constant basis throughout this, does this count as overwhelmed? The service is being provided, but how long is that sustainable for. (being called in on days off isn't new to Covid either)

The Sick Kids building was already deemed no longer fit for purpose, I'm sure there are many other buildings like that across the UK.

Supermarkets are also overwhelmed then as i'm working every *******in day right now :lol: 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Slur is a bit harsh. Certainly never seen anyone on here as had been said by others but certainly plenty on other platforms who cry hoax and fake. I’ve no time for them at all. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Don't think you have thought this through Roxy. Using the same logic we cannot criticize Trump or Boris Johnson. Or is it just the SG we cannot have a go at? Personally I think it is the sign of a robust democracy.

9 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Supermarkets are also overwhelmed then as i'm working every *******in day right now :lol: 

I hope you're not packing the click and collect stuff. I was speaking to a woman on the checkout in Sainsburys and the targets sound horrendous.

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ours were in time slots depending on ones surname. 

Not so handy for Mr and Mrs Zywicki. ;)

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I hope you're not packing the click and collect stuff. I was speaking to a woman on the checkout in Sainsburys and the targets sound horrendous.

Yeh online shopping job for Sainsburys :lol: Right now there are between 20 and 25K items to shop daily. A wee bit of that number is free lego cards though.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yeh online shopping job for Sainsburys :lol: Right now there are between 20 and 25K items to shop daily. A wee bit of that number is free lego cards though.

Out of interest, do you have any special instructions, such as "take the product from further back on the shelf where the longer shelf life items normally are"? Or do you just shop like a normal shopper.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Out of interest, do you have any special instructions, such as "take the product from further back on the shelf where the longer shelf life items normally are"? Or do you just shop like a normal shopper.

:rofl: Not a fecking chance are they told to do that.

17 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Slur is a bit harsh. Certainly never seen anyone on here as had been said by others but certainly plenty on other platforms who cry hoax and fake. I’ve no time for them at all. 

Aye there are some crackers going about. The latest is "where did covid go in July/August?" insinuating it was re-introduced on purpose or doesn't exist anymore. Doesn't seem to matter if these two beliefs contradict each other.

Heartsmad1874
Just now, redjambo said:

Yeah instructed to find best possible date mainly in fruit&veg and the cheese/yoghurt/meats etc section.

Even when i go shopping myself i find myself raking to the back of the shelf out of habit when before i just picked the first thing off regardless of date.

8 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I work at Asda Galashiels as an online shopper and we've went from 8-9thousand daily picks to over 15 thousand a day, also now starting at 2am instead of 5am, been working 6 days a week since March

Edited by shauncl

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's not so much an instruction to be honest it's more a case of would you pick up tomatoes for yourself if they were going out of date today or tomorrow? Just a case of shop as if you were shopping for yourself.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yeah instructed to find best possible date mainly in fruit&veg and the cheese/yoghurt/meats etc section.

Even when i go shopping myself i find myself raking to the back of the shelf out of habit when before i just picked the first thing off regardless of date.

:kirk:

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Ken, my mushrooms have been manky on my last two deliveries. And how exactly is a thai green curry a suitable alternative to chicken gyozas - that's racist.

Heartsmad1874
Just now, shauncl said:

I work at Asda Galashiels as an online shopper and we've went from 8-9thousand daily picks to over 15 thousand a day, also now starting at 2am instead of 5am, been working 6 days a week scince March

I started in August at Sainsburys doing 16 hour shifts a  week, but now working pretty much daily 6/8 hour shifts. Only gonna get busier before Xmas too.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

It's not so much an instruction to be honest it's more a case of would you pick up tomatoes for yourself if they were going out of date today or tomorrow? Just a case of shop as if you were shopping for yourself.

:D Just as I had hoisted @graygo on his petard as well. Don't go changing your story! :rofl:

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You pick the best date that is available, I pick as if I was shopping for myself and everyone is told to do this

Heartsmad1874
Just now, redjambo said:

:D Just as I had hoisted @graygo on his petard as well. Don't go changing your story! :rofl:

To be honest they pull ye if they catch you giving shite dates when theres better available :D so must be a bit of both guidance and common sense.

1 minute ago, shauncl said:

You pick the best date that is available, I pick as if I was shopping for myself and everyone is told to do this

Is there a day you shouldn't get a delivery, maybe due to lack of deliveries, a weekend date or Monday?

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

To be honest they pull ye if they catch you giving shite dates when theres better available :D so must be a bit of both guidance and common sense.

Ach well, we'll call it a score draw then. :)

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I started in August at Sainsburys doing 16 hour shifts a  week, but now working pretty much daily 6/8 hour shifts. Only gonna get busier before Xmas too.

Yeah it is knackering but the money has been great, which Sainsbury's, I worked online at the murrayfield (gorgie) store, used to love my uniform

Heartsmad1874

Yeah it is knackering but the money has been great, which Sainsbury's, I worked online at the murrayfield (gorgie) store, used to love my uniform

I'm at Longstone. ****in massive store :lol: averaging 16/17K steps a day walking around which is good after sitting on my arse for a while during lockdown. 

1 minute ago, westbow said:

Is there a day you shouldn't get a delivery, maybe due to lack of deliveries, a weekend date or Monday?

Nah we are getting constant deliveries, if you're wanting fresh meat with a longer shelf life Thursday - Saturday is best, DO NOT order a morning delivery if you want bread with a good shelf life as the delivery comes in after we've picked the morning orders 

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Just been for the flu jab at Tynecastle . I thought it would be heaving but surprisingly quiet . I spoke to an old dear in the queue , she thought there might be a big queue so brought a book along with her ! Bless . The jabs were given on the wheat field stand Concorse out in the open . A guy gave us form to complete and individual pens ( sensible ) . I actually felt quite emotional being here remembering the great times I’ve had ! Hopefully they will return !   

A wee hijack here, sorry.  How did you get the appointment, did you phone a central number?  

Here if Fife the FHB central number is continually busy and has been like that since my mother got her letter from them.  Apparently they are not prepared and apologized publicly

I cannot get her a jab anywhere, she is 91 and apparently in the high priority category.

Local chemist was doing it in Leven but they are fully booked and said I just need to keep phoning to get a free slot, painful like I can sit on the phone all day.

A 91 one year old not getting a jab is a big risk.

I wonder if you can drive her to another health board area if appointments are easier to get?

Nah we are getting constant deliveries, if you're wanting fresh meat with a longer shelf life Thursday - Saturday is best, DO NOT order a morning delivery if you want bread with a good shelf life as the delivery comes in after we've picked the morning orders 

Good to know, thanks man.

16 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

14 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:kirk:

Like I said, not a fecking chance.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

A wee hijack here, sorry.  How did you get the appointment, did you phone a central number?  

Here if Fife the FHB central number is continually busy and has been like that since my mother got her letter from them.  Apparently they are not prepared and apologized publicly

I cannot get her a jab anywhere, she is 91 and apparently in the high priority category.

Local chemist was doing it in Leven but they are fully booked and said I just need to keep phoning to get a free slot, painful like I can sit on the phone all day.

I wonder if you can drive her to another health board area if appointments are easier to get?

My wife got an appointment at a chemist in penicuik, it was changed to a stop smoking appointment somewhat randomly, then cancelled completely.  Chemist wouldn't take calls to give another date. Shambles.

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Like I said, not a fecking chance.

Things like Tomatoes/Avocado's/Spring Onions/Strawberries/Raspberries etc all come up with a list of dates 3/4 days in advance on the screen once scanned, as they are the most complained about item for freshness and shelf life. I always make sure if possible to go beyond the 3/4 days.

All depends on availability aswell but most of the time shoppers will try and pick best dates where possible and like i said if they catch you picking a shite date when theres better available/underneath they'll pull ye for it.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

10 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My parents in Grampian, both in their 80s and one at high risk, haven't even been contacted yet. Yay for Scottish efficiency.

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ach well, we'll call it a score draw then. :)

That'll do me. 👍

They might get a hard time if they pick stuff just about to expire but picking something with 3 days life over something with 5 days? No chance. Why would they bother putting the new stock at the back in store otherwise?

* I have some experience having worked for a supplier to the main supermarkets.

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Things like Tomatoes/Avocado's/Spring Onions/Strawberries/Raspberries etc all come up with a list of dates 3/4 days in advance on the screen once scanned, as they are the most complained about item for freshness and shelf life. I always make sure if possible to go beyond the 3/4 days.

All depends on availability aswell but most of the time shoppers will try and pick best dates where possible and like i said if they catch you picking a shite date when theres better available/underneath they'll pull ye for it.

Fair doos mate, Sainsbury's will have better standards than Asda to be fair.

1 hour ago, westbow said:

Don't think you have thought this through Roxy. Using the same logic we cannot criticize Trump or Boris Johnson. Or is it just the SG we cannot have a go at? Personally I think it is the sign of a robust democracy.

Exactly 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

57 minutes ago, westbow said:

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My parents in Grampian, both in their 80s and one at high risk, haven't even been contacted yet. Yay for Scottish efficiency.

Right you lot are all on the KRANKIES LIST 

22 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Exactly the same in the Borders, the over 65's got a letter then had to call a number, which was always engaged, it took some people 3 or 4 days or more to get through and then were given an appointment for weeks away, the old guy next door to me is getting his jab at the end of October.

The under 65's however (my group), were being contacted by phone directly from their GP practice, and given an appointment over the phone, I got my jab at the end of September just over 2 weeks ago.

The chief of NHS Borders had to apoligize as well, funny enough NHS Borders were unprepared for the demand as well.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic