Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I'm a student,  stretcher me out of here.

:lol:

The things is a fair % of students would probably be up for it.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Instead of having very costly challenge trials,  they should just vaccinate all students in halls of residences and leave them to having their YOONY EXPEERYUNCE.    It would amount to a free de facto challenge trial seeing as these goons seem determined to catch CV.

I spoke to someone who's daughter is at Glasgow and there was a party at the halls, meant to be max of 10 where around 150 rocked up. 

These are allegedly the more intelligent of the current spawn. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I spoke to someone who's daughter is at Glasgow and there was a party at the halls, meant to be max of 10 where around 150 rocked up. 

These are allegedly the more intelligent of the current spawn. 

150😕.

Some links on Long Covid below.

Not sure what help whataboutery on other diseases does here, as we of course shouldn't downplay them but we currently have a virus without a vaccine that could rip through the population impacting millions i.e. if the 10% figure is any way accurate, that has huge implications until we have vaccine and until we know more, any herd immunity strategy should be in the bin.

Kings College study - Around 10% have symptoms last for more than 4 weeks

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/coronavirus-why-are-some-people-experiencing-long-term-fatigue

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-long-term?fbclid=IwAR1RxIcmmdL-EFjh_aI-

British Medical Journal - "Reports suggest one in three people have not fully recovered several weeks after initial illness. A smaller but still substantial proportion have symptoms and difficulties that persist for months".

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3392

60,000 people ill for over 3 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54106272

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8764545/Boris-Johnson-urged-action-long-Covid-causes-symptoms-lasting-months.html

Sweden: Estimated 150k impacted with symptoms for more than 10 weeks (Article in Swedish)

https://novus.se/novus-coronastatus/

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Some links on Long Covid below.

Not sure what help whataboutery on other diseases does here, as we of course shouldn't downplay them but we currently have a virus without a vaccine that could rip through the population impacting millions i.e. if the 10% figure is any way accurate, that has huge implications until we have vaccine and until we know more, any herd immunity strategy should be in the bin.

Kings College study - Around 10% have symptoms last for more than 4 weeks

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/coronavirus-why-are-some-people-experiencing-long-term-fatigue

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-long-term?fbclid=IwAR1RxIcmmdL-EFjh_aI-

British Medical Journal - "Reports suggest one in three people have not fully recovered several weeks after initial illness. A smaller but still substantial proportion have symptoms and difficulties that persist for months".

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3392

60,000 people ill for over 3 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54106272

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8764545/Boris-Johnson-urged-action-long-Covid-causes-symptoms-lasting-months.html

Sweden: Estimated 150k impacted with symptoms for more than 10 weeks (Article in Swedish)

https://novus.se/novus-coronastatus/

Very interesting 

Just more reason for EVERYONE to take this seriously and follow all the rules  

The Mighty Thor

I see from Twitter that Anders Tegnell, the poster boy for the absolute bangers on here now says Sweden will face short term lockdowns. 

Well I never. 

:tlj:

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see from Twitter that Anders Tegnell, the poster boy for the absolute bangers on here now says Sweden will face short term lockdowns. 

Well I never. 

Lies lies lies lies lies

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I know a few, my niece and my sister in law the closest to me. Niece works at the ERI and passed it around the house more than likely. Nobody really ill and fully recovered it seems too. 

My friends nephew had it . He is 26 but was fine ,  My cousins Daughter had it . She’s 21 and was staying with her bf at the time . The boyfriend and his dad didn’t get it yet shared the house with her ! The dad has a multitude of health conditions , late 50s and smokes like a chimney ! Go figure that out ! 

So employee does 33% of their work.  

Employer still has to cover 55% of standard wages even though employee has only turned up for 33%.  Government then chucks in 22% for employee on top.

Employee walks away with 77% pay.

Doesnt seem like a great deal for employers really if I’ve read that correctly.  

There's a consistency with the people who refuse to wear a mask:

they're the same people who don't social distance in queues,

the same people who give staff grief when asked to do track and trace,

the same people who moan when told they can only sit with one other household in the cafe,

the same people who rearrange the seats in pubs despite being asked not to,

the same people who complain about the queuing time because of all the new measures,

the same people who roll their eyes when asked to step back behind the screen when ordering, because they refuse to wear a mask.

In my eyes, it's pretty obvious these selfish people are contributing to the spread. They don't care about anyone except themselves. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

There's a consistency with the people who refuse to wear a mask:

they're the same people who don't social distance in queues,

the same people who give staff grief when asked to do track and trace,

the same people who moan when told they can only sit with one other household in the cafe,

the same people who rearrange the seats in pubs despite being asked not to,

the same people who complain about the queuing time because of all the new measures,

the same people who roll their eyes when asked to step back behind the screen when ordering, because they refuse to wear a mask.

In my eyes, it's pretty obvious these selfish people are contributing to the spread. They don't care about anyone except themselves. 

Yes exactly 

And there seem to be some of the selfish twits in here too 

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:spoton:

Most of those refusing to wearing a mask have **** all wrong with them other than they're *****.

Oh and if you are that delicate then you should be in the house using Tesco online. 

One of my wives customers refuses to wear a mask, claims he's exempt due to Asthma. She makes his daily service as awkward as possible, like she does with all non mask wearers. Thing is, the guy then sits outside and smokes constantly, about 5 or 6 cigs, while having his coffee. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

One of my wives customers refuses to wear a mask, claims he's exempt due to Asthma. She makes his daily service as awkward as possible, like she does with all non mask wearers. Thing is, the guy then sits outside and smokes constantly, about 5 or 6 cigs, while having his coffee. 

Yeh this makes no sense at all

exactly what I’ve been saying too 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My friends nephew had it . He is 26 but was fine ,  My cousins Daughter had it . She’s 21 and was staying with her bf at the time . The boyfriend and his dad didn’t get it yet shared the house with her ! The dad has a multitude of health conditions , late 50s and smokes like a chimney ! Go figure that out ! 

Yeah I’ve heard similar. A mate of my brothers had it and nobody else in his house caught it yet it’s meant to be this mad infectious disease. Wife and 3 kids never caught it. It was actually in a rugby club not long after Italy Scotland. Only 2 lads plus the speaker came down with it despite the place being packed busy. Thankfully they’re fine too. 

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Well I never. 

They’ll only latch themselves on to the next lunatic that says what they want to hear.

As someone who at first hand has seen a family member be put on a ventilator due to covid, I only hope they don’t experience similar.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I’ve heard similar. A mate of my brothers had it and nobody else in his house caught it yet it’s meant to be this mad infectious disease. Wife and 3 kids never caught it. It was actually in a rugby club not long after Italy Scotland. Only 2 lads plus the speaker came down with it despite the place being packed busy. Thankfully they’re fine too. 

Yes As you say so much for it being highly infectious indoors . Seriously the dad with whom the  the girl stayed with is like a walking ask tray , has COPD , asthma , angina etc . I recall just at the start of the pandemic thd luxury cruise ship where a few passengers had it yet only a small percentage of the  other passengers got it ! 

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Doesn't say much about the other 55% whom require daily propaganda from the British media to form their opinions and thoughts. 

:lol:

Captain Canada

The test is highly flawed so reported case numbers are probably painting an unrealistic picture. This has been admitted by governments. 

At this moment in time, nobody in the world has any idea what percentage of positive test results are people who are actively infected at the time of testing or subsequently. 

It's no surprise at all to see high case numbers for students who were likely to have been the most socially active over the summer. 

How many of them have symptoms? 

How many are infectious? 

How many had the virus in the past 3 months and are still shedding dead fragments, picked up by the tests? 

The problem is that nobody knows the answers to any of these questions. Maybe they are all infectious with the virus right now, maybe none of them are, the huge issue is that it's all just guesswork. Unless anyone knows different? 

Edited by Captain Canada

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Bullshit. Retail and hospitality staff been wearing masks since lockdown ended and retail / hospitality opened.

A fair chunk of the staff in my local Tesco and Morrison's must be medically excempt then. Especially the younger ones.

48 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

465 more cases

2 more deaths 

And yet you're still here. 

The injustice. :(

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20200924-121308_Chrome.jpg

Furlough should not have been extended and neither should this scheme . It only legitimises a full lockdown yet again. . Like I said open up everything shield and support the vulnerable and let the rest of us be productive citizens for our own sanity mental health and social life 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
44 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Well I never. 

not a surprise to me as I don’t recall Sweden ever ruling that out - surely it hasn’t completely passed people by that Sweden are not just carrying-on as normal but have been taking measures albeit different to deal with covid

if it’s a surprise to you mate then it’s also learning and that’s rarely a bad thing

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Did you do that last time or is home birth due to COVID? Well hopefully everything goes well and you get a better sleeper with no 2.

Simpsons last time. Staying at home this time around due to all the faff at the hospital with covid. Neither of us are worried that we'd catch it there.

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The rules are such that they will make law breakers out of ordinary decent folk. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Bullshit. Retail and hospitality staff been wearing masks since lockdown ended and retail / hospitality opened.

They are working ten times harder to maintain the guidelines SG put in place, taking a lot more abuse from weirdos for enforcing mask wearing and track n trace. All while getting paid the same money. The least any of us can do is put a mask on for them and make them feel safer in their place of work.

If someone won't do that, it says a lot about them. It also says they're a prick.

It's not bullshit. Until this week there was no requirement for retail or hospitality staff to wear a face mask. 

I agree with the rest of your post but it doesn't detract from your ignorance of the aforementioned.

14 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Furlough should not have been extended and neither should this scheme . It only legitimises a full lockdown yet again. . Like I said open up everything shield and support the vulnerable and let the rest of us be productive citizens for our own sanity mental health and social life 

:gocompare:

Thankfully they don't let the rubber room squad run the economy.

Captain Canada

An article written by a doctor which makes some interesting points. 

"Identifying every case should not be the aim in areas with low disease prevalence because of the problem of false positive results. Instead, the focus should be on accurate identification of every outbreak of Covid. Loss of smell is seen in around 65% of genuine Covid cases but statistically loss of smell would be seen in 96% of genuine outbreaks with three people or more. Where there is new onset loss of smell (or chest CT evidence) combined with positive testing, the chances of misdiagnosis are vanishingly small."

https://lockdownsceptics.org/flu-like-illnesses/

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A fair chunk of the staff in my local Tesco and Morrison's must be medically excempt then. Especially the younger ones.

Recently when I was in Tescos, I asked one of the staff there, who wasn't wearing a mask, if she knew where something was on the shelves. She showed me, and then walked right up to my face, talked to me and gave me a card by which I was supposed to go on the web and rate her service. She said that she was only two positive ratings off a "Silver", whatever that means.

So, in the middle of a pandemic, when social distancing is key to keeping it in check, Tesco is encouraging its staff, maskless or not, to interact face-to-face at close quarters with folk just for some sort of unnecessary "How have I been serving you?" scheme.

Joined up thinking? Methinks not. :D

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Recently when I was in Tescos, I asked one of the staff there, who wasn't wearing a mask, if she knew where something was on the shelves. She showed me, and then walked right up to my face, talked to me and gave me a card by which I was supposed to go on the web and rate her service. She said that she was only two positive ratings off a "Silver", whatever that means.

So, in the middle of a pandemic, when social distancing is key to keeping it in check, Tesco is encouraging its staff, maskless or not, to interact face-to-face at close quarters with folk just for some sort of unnecessary "How have I been serving you?" scheme.

tenor.gif?itemid=8035883

****ing dystopian af. 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:gocompare:

Thankfully they don't let the rubber room squad run the economy.

No they let a bunch of numpties run it . You’ll be loving that announcement too , people sitting on their arses at home doing practically nothing , never mind those who will lose their jobs if we have a full lockdown . You really are a selfish twit 

Looks like  decent amount of financial support from the UK govt.  announced today, both for individuals and business. Pretty disappointed that the shadow chancellor is acting like a kid stamping her feet, folding her arms and pouting that it was her idea first.  

Also disappointing that Blackford and Sturgeons only suggestion was extend furlough. Given that Sturgeon is a full time covid FM a bit more creativity could have been expected. At least she's written to Boris to demand rUK falls in line with her Science backed no mixing at home policy. 

Sadly, I think we probably will end up with tougher restriction and today's announcements confirm that the UK govt. realises that we are heading for the worst recession ever. I hope its temporary folks.

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not a surprise to me as I don’t recall Sweden ever ruling that out - surely it hasn’t completely passed people by that Sweden are not just carrying-on as normal but have been taking measures albeit different to deal with covid

if it’s a surprise to you mate then it’s also learning and that’s rarely a bad thing

Oh no I'm not in the 'we should follow Sweden' squad. 

I'm learning every day on here. Today I've learned its a global conspiracy/brainwashing exercise by the deep state. I did not know or suspect this at 6am when I awoke. 

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Looks like  decent amount of financial support from the UK govt.  announced today, both for individuals and business. Pretty disappointed that the shadow chancellor is acting like a kid stamping her feet, folding her arms and pouting that it was her idea first.  

Also disappointing that Blackford and Sturgeons only suggestion was extend furlough. Given that Sturgeon is a full time covid FM a bit more creativity could have been expected. At least she's written to Boris to demand rUK falls in line with her Science backed no mixing at home policy. 

Sadly, I think we probably will end up with tougher restriction and today's announcements confirm that the UK govt. realises that we are heading for the worst recession ever. I hope its temporary folks.

Yep all the money used for this scheme will all have to be paid back ! You me and others for the next decade or so , if we survive that long 😂

4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

No they let a bunch of numpties run it . You’ll be loving that announcement too , people sitting on their arses at home doing practically nothing , never mind those who will lose their jobs if we have a full lockdown . You really are a selfish twit 

Eh no.  On planet Earth it is you who is the selfish twit.    You just don't want to play your part in what has to be a national effort of co-operation.   Everybody pulling together for the good of everyone.    You don't want to make an effort and would rather impose the burden on others so that you get to do as you please.

A selfish twit and a total banger.

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Had similar experiences myself and also been a culprit too ! Just forgetting at times when chatting to people etc . Human behaviour is hard to change 👍

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Yep all the money used for this scheme will all have to be paid back ! You me and others for the next decade or so , if we survive that long 😂

:pleasing:

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I was trying to listen but some surveyor turned up almost exactly as he stood to talk and i had to deal with him so didnt hear it. The people who came on after weren’t that complimentary about it. I don’t know who they were though.
Same people getting the help as before and same people getting nothing was a bit of what I heard. 
I’ll need to to look further into it.  

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I was trying to listen but some surveyor turned up almost exactly as he stood to talk and i had to deal with him so didnt hear it. The people who came on after weren’t that complimentary about it. I don’t know who they were though.
Same people getting the help as before and same people getting nothing was a bit of what I heard. 
I’ll need to to look further into it.  

Unsurprisingly, Its not perfect 😀

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

and I’ve seen people who claim they have asthma and can’t wear mask - yet they are ok to smoke - right selfish twits 

Iu7nl7kKKUSi2q7OiGTdO294leOo=

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic