Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Something bad has happened to your brain through all of this. Logic has gone out the window. 

I could say the same for you. Different ends of spectrum I suppose. You don’t want to believe any positive stories and I don’t want to believe all the negative. 
Opinions🤷🏽‍♂️

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to question what's going on here. There's constant lies, exaggerations, biased graphs, spurious stories, gaslighting, people just believing whatever suits their views all over the place from both sides that it's almost impossible to know what's right and wrong anymore. Mentally just keeping it up with at all through social media (because let's face it that's where the majority get their 'facts' from now) must be so draining for lots of people. 

Have definitely been guilty of the first bit in bold and certainly feel like the second bit. 

Ah yes the positive stories on here like

"it's fizzing out!" 

"next to no chance of catching it now" 

"nobody is getting ill" 

"more chance of falling off a step ladder" 

"2nd waves are a myth" 

"no chance of a 2nd lockdown" 

Such wisdom. 

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Flipped on the BBC news channel at around 6am this morning to be faced with extended emotive interviews and feature pieces on folk who's lives have been devastated by covid. It's a tragedy for these people it really is, but the coverage is relentless. I had Radio 1 on in the background for most of the day yesterday and it seemed like covid related stuff was brought up between every second song. 

I limit the amount of news I watch on TV as that never ending depressing news isn't good for your mental health.

In saying that, neither is spending too much time on this thread.

:facepalm:

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I limit the amount of news I watch on TV as that never ending depressing news isn't good for your mental health.

In saying that, neither is spending too much time on this thread.

:facepalm:

I keep saying I need to stay away from this thread myself it doesn’t do me any good that’s for sure :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I do. 

Are they ok? I know a few who’ve had it too. 

26 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to question what's going on here. There's constant lies, exaggerations, biased graphs, spurious stories, gaslighting, people just believing whatever suits their views all over the place from both sides that it's almost impossible to know what's right and wrong anymore. Mentally just keeping it up with at all through social media (because let's face it that's where the majority get their 'facts' from now) must be so draining for lots of people. 

This is the way I’m feeling.  It’s almost like folk are now blinkered to their views, it’s crazy.  People are only interested in information that backs up their point of view and discard anything that doesn’t fit their agenda.  

Im pretty bored of it all now really, will continue to do my best to not catch it/pass it on but other than that I am just going to crack on with life :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still don’t know a single person who has had Covid. 

Mate, the whole of the highlands has had 500 odd cases from 330,000 folk in six months. 

And she’s put restrictions on the whole country, likewise I don’t know anyone that’s had it and highly doubt I will either. Complete shambles.

I've got a new job as an SNP script writer. so just getting ready for later

"we welcome the announcement from the Chancellor - we've been calling for this for weeks - but it doesn't go far enough"

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I keep saying I need to stay away from this thread myself it doesn’t do me any good that’s for sure :lol: 

Are they ok? I know a few who’ve had it too. 

Yeah, as far as I know none of them were serious thankfully. Think there's been maybe half a dozen or so I've known over the months since it started. Various ages. 

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

I had it and a family friend, (woman in her late 50s) is still really ill 6 months later.

That can't be right, long covid is apparently just a myth to scare us. 

Ps - hope she recovers soon. 

23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

A friend of mine down in Merseyside has just tested positive, feels like she's got a wee hangover.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah, as far as I know none of them were serious thankfully. Think there's been maybe half a dozen or so I've known over the months since it started. Various ages. 

Yeah I know a few, my niece and my sister in law the closest to me. Niece works at the ERI and passed it around the house more than likely. Nobody really ill and fully recovered it seems too. 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

👍

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Chris get over yourself with the scaremongering. You have no idea if that women had previous health conditions or what. Even if she didn’t then it is still rare that generally healthy people suffer long term complications from Covid. 

Nobody is saying it doesn’t happen. But it isn’t the norm. 

Another day in the echo chamber awaits. 🥴 

The same views punted by the same posters day after day after day. An apparent inability by many to be balanced and objective given their entrenched stance.

An awful read, by and large. Though I’m starting to warm to JIH’s trolling, it must be said.😄

I’m interested in hearing what the chancellor will announce later. I wonder if he’ll adopt something similar to the French and German model going forward or whether it’ll be a specific sector furlough.🤔

29 minutes ago, Shanks said:

This is the way I’m feeling.  It’s almost like folk are now blinkered to their views, it’s crazy.  People are only interested in information that backs up their point of view and discard anything that doesn’t fit their agenda.  

Im pretty bored of it all now really, will continue to do my best to not catch it/pass it on but other than that I am just going to crack on with life :thumbsup:

As long as you don’t break the law 

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Chris get over yourself with the scaremongering. You have no idea if that women had previous health conditions or what. Even if she didn’t then it is still rare that generally healthy people suffer long term complications from Covid. 

Nobody is saying it doesn’t happen. But it isn’t the norm. 

Nobody is saying its the norm. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Flipped on the BBC news channel at around 6am this morning to be faced with extended emotive interviews and feature pieces on folk who's lives have been devastated by covid. It's a tragedy for these people it really is, but the coverage is relentless. I had Radio 1 on in the background for most of the day yesterday and it seemed like covid related stuff was brought up between every second song. 

Because it is serious and there are still some who are not taking it seriously enough 

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I've got a new job as an SNP script writer. so just getting ready for later

"we welcome the announcement from the Chancellor - we've been calling for this for weeks - but it doesn't go far enough"

Its hilarious - the news will say further fiscal measures expected from the chancellor next week then wee Jimmy Krankie changes her daily update speech to say I have written to the PM demanding further fiscal measures and the Labour party come out with the same crap - yes we have been calling on this since before COVID19 existed - they are all so snakey and transparent

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

:cornette:

A conspiracy among every country on earth, with not one single country breaking ranks with others, despite being long established enemies. 

I don’t agree with the conspiracy stuff but Belarus broke ranks ages ago, Russia has been accused of not taking it seriously (rushing out of lockdown etc), USA have dealt-with it differently (again criticised for not following everyone else) and of course Sweden who have accepted a potential higher death rate while trying keep it as low as possible without following everyone else and potentially at a lower long term cost - all these countries to a greater or lesser extent appear to have accepted covid as another killer disease with the added risk of several unknowns and have dealt-with it somewhat differently to the majority

doesnt exactly fit the description of “not one single country breaking ranks”

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Because it is serious and there are still some who are not taking it seriously enough 

How serious should we be taking it?  

How much more can they scare us? 

Genuinely interested to know as it is EVERYWHERE.  

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I don’t agree with the conspiracy stuff but Belarus broke ranks ages ago, Russia has been accused of not taking it seriously (rushing out of lockdown etc), USA have dealt-with it differently (again criticised for not following everyone else) and of course Sweden who have accepted a potential higher death rate while trying keep it as low as possible without following everyone else and potentially at a lower long term cost - all these countries to a greater or lesser extent appear to have accepted covid as another killer disease with the added risk of several unknowns and have dealt-with it somewhat differently to the majority

Think he's talking about the 21 point post from a couple pages back that said we were heading towards a single currency, single government, communist new world order and covid is a plan to get us there. There is zero logic in this argument whatsoever and nothing to back it up, yet a few posters seem to be backing it up, even though it's just the same rehashed nonsense that cults have been spouting for years.

Edited by Riddley Walker

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
55 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ah yes the positive stories on here like

"it's fizzing out!" 

"next to no chance of catching it now" 

"nobody is getting ill" 

"more chance of falling off a step ladder" 

"2nd waves are a myth" 

"no chance of a 2nd lockdown" 

Such wisdom. 

despite record numbers and the emergence of long covid (is this the first killer disease that survivors take longer than a week to get over?) theres still live football and racing on the tele, the pubs are open and you can sunbathe all day if you wish so we’re still waiting on the 2nd lockdown

you had us back in lockdown within 2 weeks of coming out of lockdown - now that was understanding and insight

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

But they haven't broken ranks to inform us that all the other government's around the world are part of a global conspiracy. Presumably they had to all get together at some point to discuss the plans.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Think he's talking about the 21 point post from a couple pages back that said we were heading towards a single currency, single government, communist new world order and covid is a plan to get us there. There is zero logic in this argument whatsoever and nothing to back it up, yet a few posters seem to be backing it up, even though it's just the same rehashed nonsense that cults have been spouting for years.

either way countries have clearly broken ranks

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you had us back in lockdown within 2 weeks of coming out of lockdown - now that was understanding and insight

I did no such thing.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

But they haven't broken ranks to inform us that all the other government's around the world are part of a global conspiracy. Presumably they had to all get together at some point to discuss the plans.

Thats a different point 

Riddley Walker
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

either way countries have clearly broken ranks

But not in the way he was talking about. The way they've broken ranks in your way would suggest the opposite of a new world order.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I did no such thing.

the post is on this thread - I can remember thinking this poster is good with detail and copying and pasting links but not so good with the fundamental understanding - and before you ask no I won’t be raking back to highlight it

13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So, we unleash the behavioural scientists to inject another dosage of ICU footage??  Covid accounts for a miniscule amount of the total daily death figure. People simply measure it in perspective with life's myriad risks and, using logic, don't deem Covid to be any more than just one of many viruses out there. State sponsored brainwashing schemes aren't really something we endorse in this country.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's the point I was making, not the tangent you went off on.

no country has broken ranks is quite absolute - no conditions there 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The most surprising thing in this post is a man of your age listens to Radio 1. 

If you don’t mind me asking how is all this stuff working with your better half expecting. You allowed in delivery room or you have to stay at home and look after no 1 child? Can imagine it’s makes things a bit harder at a already stressful time.

Cool if you don’t want answer for whatever reason. 👍

:lol:

Radio 1 for background sounds while I'm renovating the front of house. Good to keep up with the latest manufacured audio trends. It's generally awful during the day but improves massively in the evening. Thursday and Friday a highlight. 

We've opted for a home birth. The gas and air, etc arrived a couple of days ago but we've resisted the temptation to get off of our tits so far. 

My good lady is far more relaxed about this arrangement than the thought of going into the hospital with all of the hassle and restrictions which that entails, and I get to relax in the evening with a beer without the prospect of having to drive over to the Royal at any moment. We just have to call the midwife when the fun starts. 

The wee man will be getting dumped at his Grandparents up the road until the show is over and that'll have to be that. There's absolutely no danger I'll be turning either set of Grandparents away from the door when the baby gets here either. None whatsoever. 

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the post is on this thread - I can remember thinking this poster is good with detail and copying and pasting links but not so good with the fundamental understanding - and before you ask no I won’t be raking back to highlight it

You remember me posting "We will be in full lockdown in 2 weeks"?

I certainly don't remember that. Given your lack of ability to understand posts, as already displayed on this page, I'm not sure I trust your memory here. If you find the post I will duly apologise.

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

no country has broken ranks is quite absolute - no conditions there 

Yes there's no conditions there when you remove the prior paragraph, who I was replying to and the entire context of the post. Well done.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

The biggest pity is that you can't catch covid from the internet. 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes there's no conditions there when you remove the prior paragraph, who I was replying to and the entire context of the post. Well done.

correct no conditions :)

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

State sponsored brainwashing schemes aren't really something we endorse in this country.

:rofl:

You're kidding, right?

At the last official count north of the border there was 45% who'd been successfully state brainwashed. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You remember me posting "We will be in full lockdown in 2 weeks"?

I certainly don't remember that. Given your lack of ability to understand posts, as already displayed on this page, I'm not sure I trust your memory here. If you find the post I will duly apologise.

no need to apologise mate in any event - it’s a football forum the more posts people make it would be expected some inaccuracies and misjudgements to creep in

maybe just worth being a wee bit mindful that stuff like that’s there in case someone can be ar$ed raking back now or in the future when your telling it how it is etc.

again not the end of the world either way

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

You're kidding, right?

At the last official count north of the border there was 45% who'd been successfully state brainwashed. 

😂😂.  Yeah of course, forgot about that scheme. They even gave them a wee 45 badge at the end.👍

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nobody in my immediate family of friend circles but I know of quite a few who have had confirmed cases. 1 who has spent the last 6 months in hospital due to it and only just got out last week.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Close halls and move all Uni courses on line.

Stop foreign travel until quick turnaround airport testing.

Basically go through all the high transmission venues and shut them all down. 

Get track and trace up to standard. 

Sort out a UBI scheme. 

Its not that difficult really.

Can't see much to argue with here. Too many outbreaks in halls now. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Generally vaccines gives you a very small dose and the theory is it kicks in the immune response in simplest terms. 

However, what is unusual is giving the vaccine. Then giving a challenge dose of COVID. I assume this is being done to short cut testing period. 

I did post an article so you could the info there.

I might sign Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie up to the challenge trials.

Oh, and Tony Fitzpatrick, the Ross County guy, the Alloa and Ayr blokes etc.

You get the picture.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic