• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In this modern age surely someone has come up with ink that lasts, say 14 days.

Tattoo the nappers of the Virus carriers so we can all see who to avoid.

Job done.

Edited by Bull's-eye

8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

certainly should be considered

a branch of the science have been consistent from day 1 that incorrectly worn face masks are potential spreaders - seems the cases have started to rise alongside the rise in use of face masks - we’ve all seen that the majority of face masks are worn incorrectly

hopefully this obvious link won’t be overlooked by the rest of the science

Exactly, the majority of mask wearers are not doing so properly, with the best will in the world they never will.

29 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Yeah mate...ive been digging about YouTube as it was bugging me. His name is Alan Jones and he's on sky news Australia. Cant find the exact video or I would've posted a link but if you find it feel free to post a link (I've spent enough time trawling on my phone and my Mrs is doing her nut as its the kids bedtime 😂)

There you go   

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just heard a interview with some student whose caught it.  He basically said not bothered he’s got in, more concerned he might pass it on, but they (students) all kind of feel it’s inevitable to get it. 

In fairness if I was their age I would probably feel the same. Just get it over and done with type thing. 

Got to agree with that, was saying to someone earlier do they really think students are all going to meet at the pub in the "responsible way " then all toddle away home at 10pm .... 

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Absolutely this 

he is doing a great job 

anyone who says anything negative about him needs to have good long hard look at themselves 

There is nothing wrong with constuctive criticism but 'he's just a dentist' is pathetically disengenious.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Exactly, the majority of mask wearers are not doing so properly, with the best will in the world they never will.

guidance on this needs revisited

whats also concerning is that there likely will be some well-meaning citizens trying hard to encourage people to wear masks and inadvertently they could actually be contributing (exponentially) to the spread of the pathogen - often the case well-meaning intentions fuelled by ignorance resulting with an adverse outcome  :(

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Very true and thanks for the support in this.

it is taking some people months to recover from this nasty virus.

Indeed. From what I've read,  no chance I want to take covid on the chin, to paraphrase a certain individual.

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Absolutely this 

he is doing a great job 

anyone who says anything negative about him needs to have good long hard look at themselves 

Jason Leitch is doing a fine job in difficult circumstances 

the interviewing technique from Rebecca Curran last

night was not up to her usual high standards but

we are all allowed a bad day at the office 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

There is nothing wrong with constuctive criticism but 'he's just a dentist' is pathetically disengenious.

Nothing against the guy and would not want his job but he was advocating heard immunity at the start !!

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There you go   

Brilliant, cheers for that. Worth a watch if anyone has a spare few minutes and an opinion on how Australian government have handled things over there. Some interesting facts and figures on Sweden too in comparison to how they chose to handle things. 

Edited by hmfcbilly
Amended post

3 hours ago, Robbofan99 said:

Stars regarding transmission rates in England no wonder Leitch was quiet last night 

05B562B2-8D5E-4BE0-9054-C1CD9A7D5C16.jpeg

Interesting. If similar in Scotland then you have to question the hospitality measures.

Thing is, why would they introduce measures that harm the hospitality sector if a low factor in infection? Doesn't make any sense from a political and economic angle.

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

guidance on this needs revisited

whats also concerning is that there likely will be some well-meaning citizens trying hard to encourage people to wear masks and inadvertently they could actually be contributing (exponentially) to the spread of the pathogen - often the case well-meaning intentions fuelled by ignorance resulting with an adverse outcome  :(

The guidance is already there, it just gets suppressed by the government and their lickspittle media whores.

From WHO-

• Non-medical or fabric masks could increase potential for COVID-19 to infect a person if the mask is contaminated by dirty hands and touched often, or kept on other parts of the face or head and then placed back over the mouth and nose
  • Depending on the type of mask used, could cause difficulty in breathing
  • They can lead to facial skin breakdown
  • They can lead to difficulty with communicating clearly
  • They can be uncomfortable to wear
  • It is possible that mask use, with unclear benefits, could create a false sense of security in the wearer, leading to diminished practice of recognized beneficial preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene. 

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Nothing against the guy and would not want his job but he was advocating heard immunity at the start !!

Hes been bought with the promise of a long career, possibly in politics by towing the politicians line is my guess! Heard him on radio Scotland this morning taking questions over the phone. He did speak well and quite honestly from the bits I heard to be fair. 

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Is “the dentist guy” the dentist guy that got a Masters in public health from Harvard University?

Apparently a relevant Masters degree from one of the planet's greatest learning institutions doesn't count as he became a wastrel countdown-obsessed student at age 40.

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

And that is constructive criticism.

Or if someone said he was copping out when he always claims 'he is follwoing the science' which is why he changes his advice.  Although again, he isn't the 'research' scientist.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

The guidance is already there, it just gets suppressed by the government and their lickspittle media whores.

From WHO-

• Non-medical or fabric masks could increase potential for COVID-19 to infect a person if the mask is contaminated by dirty hands and touched often, or kept on other parts of the face or head and then placed back over the mouth and nose
  • Depending on the type of mask used, could cause difficulty in breathing
  • They can lead to facial skin breakdown
  • They can lead to difficulty with communicating clearly
  • They can be uncomfortable to wear
  • It is possible that mask use, with unclear benefits, could create a false sense of security in the wearer, leading to diminished practice of recognized beneficial preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene. 

Your not kidding on the highlighted part. Walked round mcarthur Glen with my wife the day on her day off, every time she tried to speak to me with her mask on I struggled to make her out!

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe Jonesy can teach the 50 year old troll grammar, whilst he's on.

What a full stop is, for instance.

Your comments are about as useful as farts 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Sorry if this has been covered or posted before. We’re back in a semi lockdown or however you want to word it.

What is the next step? Cases will decrease no doubt with the new restrictions then what? Return to normal and they increase again and then we’re back at square one once more. If the whole worlds hopes are based on a vaccine that may never be found then god help us.

If we shot six scientists at the end of each month until a vaccine is found it might focus their minds

I'm just about to Google 'are farts useful'

I could text in a question to Jason Leitch when he is on OTB on Saturday.

Edited by DETTY29

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeh exactly 

he is far more than “just a dentist”

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm just about to Google 'are farts useful'

Beat you to it

Even if it's often considered embarrassing, farting is a normal and natural occurrence. It's the by-product of a digestive system at work. In fact, farting is healthy and good for your body. Your body produces gas as part of breaking down and processing food.

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If we shot six scientists at the end of each month until a vaccine is found it might focus their minds

Yeah, because they are all on to some grand conspiracy just now to keep us in our box.

Samuel Camazzola
18 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Jason Leitch is doing a fine job in difficult circumstances 

the interviewing technique from Rebecca Curran last

night was not up to her usual high standards but

we are all allowed a bad day at the office 

Her interview technique was fine and she asked the questions that needed to be answered. 

He can't have Tam Cowan asking him questions every day. 

14 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Your not kidding on the highlighted part. Walked round mcarthur Glen with my wife the day on her day off, every time she tried to speak to me with her mask on I struggled to make her out!

I struggle to understand my wife whether she has a mask on or not.

20 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Jason Leitch? That probably would have been the right strategy if the NHS was fully prepared to deal with severe cases and care homes could have ensured absolute safety for residents. Herd immunity would have severely weakened the strain to the point we could just crack on with our lives. 

The fact is, their first lockdown strategy wasn't hard enough and has failed. It should have been N. Korea style stuff. We live on an Island, it could have been virtually eradicated. So, they've decided to blame people for their incompetence and force folk to go through a second round of measures. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just out of interest, where'd you buy her mask? 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just out of interest, where'd you buy her mask? 

Exchange & Fart?

🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Jason Leitch? That probably would have been the right strategy if the NHS was fully prepared to deal with severe cases and care homes could have ensured absolute safety for residents. Herd immunity would have severely weakened the strain to the point we could just crack on with our lives. 

The fact is, their first lockdown strategy wasn't hard enough and has failed. It should have been N. Korea style stuff. We live on an Island, it could have been virtually eradicated. So, they've decided to blame people for their incompetence and force folk to go through a second round of measures. 

Yea I agree, it is just interesting to see the science evolve with political decisions he was advocating herd immunity at the start- I don't buy into he is a dentist etc, clearly a very clever man in a difficult job.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Yea I agree, it is just interesting to see the science evolve with political decisions he was advocating herd immunity at the start- I don't buy into he is a dentist etc, clearly a very clever man in a difficult job.

The dentist lines are as chronic as the WJK garbage. 🙄

If this is accurate then we maybe need to stop focusing on Sweden.

With UK estimates of 10% long covid cases, this surely debunks any strategy of herd immunity?

Certainly until we know more, it would be foolhardy to consider it at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Households don't feature at all. If they did, all of the things on that pie chart would be such a thin slither that they'd barely be visible.

Surely we want to draw people out of their houses then, rather than cajole them back to them?

Edit: Apologies, I hadn't refreshed the thread so didn't realise how long ago you posted this; as such I'm sure it been covered already.

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Surely we want to draw people out of their houses then, rather than cajole them back to them?

Edit: Apologies, I hadn't refreshed the thread so didn't realise how long ago you posted this; as such I'm sure it been covered already.

That's what we're doing, making people leave their homes if they want to meet another household. 

32 minutes ago, graygo said:

I don't think you'll be alone in that view 🤪😂😂

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That's what we're doing, making people leave their homes if they want to meet another household. 

By closing pubs and restaurants earlier, postponing sports with fans? That sounds like encouraging people back inside. Rather than going to the pub with my mates this weekend, I'll be going to their house and rather than going to the football, I'll be watching sport with mates from home.

If you remove things people would usually do in an outdoor and/or controlled environment, guess what, they'll try to replicate those things in their own home

19 Truths Your Government Won’t Tell You about Covid-19

Dr Vernon Coleman MB ChB DSc FRSA

1. On March 19th, covid-19 was no longer classified as a `high consequence disease’. It was officially downgraded to the level of flu. Days later, the UK Government introduced the most oppressive legislation in British history, and virtually everyone in the country was put under house arrest.
2. The British Government has admitted that more people will die as a result of the lockdowns than will die of covid-19. It is no exaggeration to say that the cure has been worse than the disease. Suicide rates among children and adults have soared.
3. In America, the Center for Disease Control has admitted that its original estimate of the number of deaths caused exclusively by covid-19 was wrong by 94%. The true figure for the number of deaths caused by covid-19 alone is just 6% of the previously publicised official total.
4. The British Government has admitted that it has manipulated the covid-19 death figures. For several months, everyone who died and who had ever tested positive for the coronavirus was listed as having died of covid-19. Today, only those who die within 28 days of testing positive will be put down as covid-19 deaths. This still means that if you test positive for the coronavirus and are run over by a bus within 28 days then you will have officially died of covid-19 and not the bus accident.
5. Flu kills up to 650,000 people worldwide each year. This is considerably more than the genuine number of deaths from covid-19 in 2019/2020. Governments around the world have admitted that the death total from covid-19 has been deliberately manipulated and massively exaggerated.
6. The much publicised test for the coronavirus is useless since it produces more false positives than real positives. The test picks up bits of virus remaining from previous infections. The test is, however, used to excuse lockdowns and other restrictions.
7. In the UK, the death rate from covid-19 has been falling for months. Currently covid-19 kills only a fraction of the number dying from the flu. No healthy child has died of covid-19 in the UK.
8. Elderly patients were thrown out of hospitals and put into care homes. Medical care was withdrawn; staff fled in a number of care homes; it was forbidden for relatives and friends to visit; and many bed-ridden, dependent old people died of starvation and lack of medical care. Exactly the same thing happened around the world, and tens of thousands of old people died alone and, it is fair to assume, in pain and great distress.
9. Many of those promoting the covid-19 hoax have publicly stated that the world is over-populated and that the global population needs to be cut by 90%.
10. Mask wearing, social distancing and lockdowns are torture techniques favoured by the military. These techniques have been introduced to subdue populations around the world.
11. Governments are openly employing military psychological warfare experts to terrify and mislead the population with brainwashing techniques.
12. The evidence shows that wearing a mask may do more harm than good. Two boys died in China as a result of wearing masks whilst running. Masks restrict breathing and cause psychological problems, especially to young children. There is no scientific evidence proving that mask wearing prevents the spread of respiratory infections. There is scientific evidence showing that masks can cause harm. There is even evidence showing that neither surgeons nor dentists need to wear masks to prevent infection.
13. Every year, there are an estimated1 billion cases of influenza worldwide. If the media reported every flu case we would all be terrified of the flu.
14. Most medical experts now agree that the risk of dying of covid-19 is almost identical to the risk of dying of the flu. But far more people catch the flu than have caught covid-19.
15. Several billionaires (including Bill Gates) appear to have been behind the hoax. During the first six months of the coronavirus hoax the world’s richest billionaires massively increased their wealth.
16. The World Health Organisation has constantly changed its advice for no good reason. The main financial contributor to the WHO is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
17. The WHO admits that a polio vaccine supported by the WHO and Gates is now a major cause of polio in Africa. Many of the large drug companies making vaccines for covid-19 (such as GSK and AstraZeneca) have been repeatedly fined for suppressing evidence about their products or for fraud. The UK’s Chief Scientific Officer, Sir Patrick Vallance, was previously a senior employee of GlaxoSmithKline.
18. Pneumonia killed 2.56 million people in 2017. Almost a third of all victims were children younger than five years. In comparison, covid-19 is not a major danger to our health.
19. Pro-vaxxers often claim that vaccines are safe and effective. But vaccines have been withdrawn because they are so ineffective. And in the last few years, the UK Government has had to pay out so much money to the parents of children damaged by some vaccines that there is a fixed fee of £120,000 per severely damaged child. In the United States of America, the Government has paid out over $4 billion for vaccine injuries. However, if a covid-19 vaccine causes serious side effects, no one will be able to sue the manufacturer or their government. In response to a demand from Bill Gates, drug companies will be given legal immunity. Vaccines usually need to be tested over many years. If a covid-19 vaccine is produced in less than 10 years then there will not have been any long-term testing. If the covid-19 vaccine is given to seven billion people (as planned) the chances are high that many thousands of previously health individuals will die, be brain damaged or be permanently crippled. But they will all be denied compensation. Government and industry pro-vaxxers refuse to debate the issue of vaccination in public.

Everything in this list is accurate and can be checked. The danger of covid-19 has been deliberately exaggerated to bring in a one world government, a one world religion, a cashless society, 'mandatory’ vaccination (restrictions will be placed on those who refuse to be vaccinated), health passports, and social credit (similar to the one used in China). The plan is part of Agenda 21, the new world order and the global reset devised by the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. For further information please visit www.vernoncoleman.com where you will find many articles, references, recommended sites and links.

Copyright Vernon Coleman 20th September 2020

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

By closing pubs and restaurants earlier, postponing sports with fans? That sounds like encouraging people back inside. Rather than going to the pub with my mates this weekend, I'll be going to their house and rather than going to the football, I'll be watching sport with mates from home.

If you remove things people would usually do in an outdoor and/or controlled environment, guess what, they'll try to replicate those things in their own home

Well you're doing the opposite of what you're told. Can't really blame the government for that. 

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You will be breaking the law so you best not mate 

The next few months are going to get more and more difficult as we enter flu season.

Despite there being a vaccine for flu there will still be an increase in demand on the NHS as not everyone gets the vaccine and there will be other respiratory diseases in play as well.

There are very generally speaking 3 categories of flu patients:

Those that get well with little/no medical assistance.

Those who are more severely affected and but, with hospital treatment, will recover (generally older people with other medical conditions, but also some younger people with health conditions).

Those who unfortunately die even with medical treatment.

All of this adds pressure to the NHS, which is why every year there is a flu programme, winter planning etc.

Now you throw Covid into the mix. Same general classes of patients but no vaccine. Again the influx of patients to the NHS will create strain on the NHS.

All this is 'fine' as long as the NHS can cope with the demand. However if the demand starts to outstrip supply you will see more of the people in the 'severe but will survive with medical help' category start to die as there aren't enough hospital beds to allow them to be treated properly.

This may also start to impact other people who need urgent hospital treatment if no beds are available - again possibly increasing the death rate.

So the NHS is potentially facing severe pressure even before you factor in long Covid, the impact of delayed treatment and pent up demand (such as people being scared to go to their GP at this time).

4 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Dr Vernon Coleman MB ChB DSc FRSA

1. On March 19th, covid-19 was no longer classified as a `high consequence disease’. It was officially downgraded to the level of flu. Days later, the UK Government introduced the most oppressive legislation in British history, and virtually everyone in the country was put under house arrest.
2. The British Government has admitted that more people will die as a result of the lockdowns than will die of covid-19. It is no exaggeration to say that the cure has been worse than the disease. Suicide rates among children and adults have soared.
3. In America, the Center for Disease Control has admitted that its original estimate of the number of deaths caused exclusively by covid-19 was wrong by 94%. The true figure for the number of deaths caused by covid-19 alone is just 6% of the previously publicised official total.
4. The British Government has admitted that it has manipulated the covid-19 death figures. For several months, everyone who died and who had ever tested positive for the coronavirus was listed as having died of covid-19. Today, only those who die within 28 days of testing positive will be put down as covid-19 deaths. This still means that if you test positive for the coronavirus and are run over by a bus within 28 days then you will have officially died of covid-19 and not the bus accident.
5. Flu kills up to 650,000 people worldwide each year. This is considerably more than the genuine number of deaths from covid-19 in 2019/2020. Governments around the world have admitted that the death total from covid-19 has been deliberately manipulated and massively exaggerated.
6. The much publicised test for the coronavirus is useless since it produces more false positives than real positives. The test picks up bits of virus remaining from previous infections. The test is, however, used to excuse lockdowns and other restrictions.
7. In the UK, the death rate from covid-19 has been falling for months. Currently covid-19 kills only a fraction of the number dying from the flu. No healthy child has died of covid-19 in the UK.
8. Elderly patients were thrown out of hospitals and put into care homes. Medical care was withdrawn; staff fled in a number of care homes; it was forbidden for relatives and friends to visit; and many bed-ridden, dependent old people died of starvation and lack of medical care. Exactly the same thing happened around the world, and tens of thousands of old people died alone and, it is fair to assume, in pain and great distress.
9. Many of those promoting the covid-19 hoax have publicly stated that the world is over-populated and that the global population needs to be cut by 90%.
10. Mask wearing, social distancing and lockdowns are torture techniques favoured by the military. These techniques have been introduced to subdue populations around the world.
11. Governments are openly employing military psychological warfare experts to terrify and mislead the population with brainwashing techniques.
12. The evidence shows that wearing a mask may do more harm than good. Two boys died in China as a result of wearing masks whilst running. Masks restrict breathing and cause psychological problems, especially to young children. There is no scientific evidence proving that mask wearing prevents the spread of respiratory infections. There is scientific evidence showing that masks can cause harm. There is even evidence showing that neither surgeons nor dentists need to wear masks to prevent infection.
13. Every year, there are an estimated1 billion cases of influenza worldwide. If the media reported every flu case we would all be terrified of the flu.
14. Most medical experts now agree that the risk of dying of covid-19 is almost identical to the risk of dying of the flu. But far more people catch the flu than have caught covid-19.
15. Several billionaires (including Bill Gates) appear to have been behind the hoax. During the first six months of the coronavirus hoax the world’s richest billionaires massively increased their wealth.
16. The World Health Organisation has constantly changed its advice for no good reason. The main financial contributor to the WHO is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
17. The WHO admits that a polio vaccine supported by the WHO and Gates is now a major cause of polio in Africa. Many of the large drug companies making vaccines for covid-19 (such as GSK and AstraZeneca) have been repeatedly fined for suppressing evidence about their products or for fraud. The UK’s Chief Scientific Officer, Sir Patrick Vallance, was previously a senior employee of GlaxoSmithKline.
18. Pneumonia killed 2.56 million people in 2017. Almost a third of all victims were children younger than five years. In comparison, covid-19 is not a major danger to our health.
19. Pro-vaxxers often claim that vaccines are safe and effective. But vaccines have been withdrawn because they are so ineffective. And in the last few years, the UK Government has had to pay out so much money to the parents of children damaged by some vaccines that there is a fixed fee of £120,000 per severely damaged child. In the United States of America, the Government has paid out over $4 billion for vaccine injuries. However, if a covid-19 vaccine causes serious side effects, no one will be able to sue the manufacturer or their government. In response to a demand from Bill Gates, drug companies will be given legal immunity. Vaccines usually need to be tested over many years. If a covid-19 vaccine is produced in less than 10 years then there will not have been any long-term testing. If the covid-19 vaccine is given to seven billion people (as planned) the chances are high that many thousands of previously health individuals will die, be brain damaged or be permanently crippled. But they will all be denied compensation. Government and industry pro-vaxxers refuse to debate the issue of vaccination in public.

Everything in this list is accurate and can be checked. The danger of covid-19 has been deliberately exaggerated to bring in a one world government, a one world religion, a cashless society, 'mandatory’ vaccination (restrictions will be placed on those who refuse to be vaccinated), health passports, and social credit (similar to the one used in China). The plan is part of Agenda 21, the new world order and the global reset devised by the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. For further information please visit www.vernoncoleman.com where you will find many articles, references, recommended sites and links.

Copyright Vernon Coleman 20th September 2020

Wow.

Just.....

wow

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Well you're doing the opposite of what you're told. Can't really blame the government for that. 

I'm not sure that I am but I'm sure some people in Scotland will take the option to break the household rules given their external social lives are being curtailed as well.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm not sure that I am but I'm sure some people in Scotland will take the option to break the household rules given their external social lives are being curtailed as well.

Ah I assumed you were in Scotland. 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Ah I assumed you were in Scotland. 

Yeh sorry that's my fault. I thought the chart posted earlier showing the split was looking at PHE data but the source for it seems somewhat sketchy so who knows?

12 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Dr Vernon Coleman MB ChB DSc l

Mods - Please remove this 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic