• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

This is bloody confusing.

People across Scotland are being advised not to visit other households indoors from Wednesday 23 September onwards. This will become law from Friday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53166816

Think that is what I read / heard in the briefing and is pretty clear to me. Wednesday and Thursday is we advise you not to do it but you must not do it from Friday so my take on that is get as many visits in as you need to before Friday😃

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

This is bloody confusing.

People across Scotland are being advised not to visit other households indoors from Wednesday 23 September onwards. This will become law from Friday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53166816

Not confusing at all GG, think of like the party doesn't start till eight, but there's nothing wrong with having a few bevvies at six.😉

Cases are rising at an alarming rate again given we've been testing at this kind of frequency for a while now. Of course there will be false positives, but if there's suddenly an increase then we must take notice. There is also the 2 week delay until all the deaths rise too. So trying to hit the brakes on all this while a vaccine and proven treatments are almost within reach makes sense to me.

Rising cases will be linked to the mass return of students to universities and the general public gradually taking the rules less seriously. However now we're in autumn getting less sun, it all suggests shit might hit the fan again. I don't want any vulnerable people I know to die, I like having them in my life. If the government extend furlough, then this is the way to do it. Anything else would be reckless by the government.

I'm an essential worker so will be still heading in most days... all this means more work for me too but I understand the need.

Edited by kila

32 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

And I’ll throw it out there - I will NOT be taking any vaccine that I do not believe to have been rigorously tested and safe.

You may want to look at this...on the 28th August the UK Goverment released a Consultation document ( i do not remember being told about this do you?) on there website with a Consultation period of  3 weeks ending on the 18th September. https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/distributing-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu/consultation-document-changes-to-human-medicine-regulations-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines#responding-to-this-consultation

I would pay particular attention to these 2 sections.

The preferred route to enable deployment of a new vaccine for COVID-19 is through the usual marketing authorisation (product licensing) process. If a suitable COVID-19 vaccine candidate, with strong supporting evidence of safety, quality and efficacy, becomes available, we will seek to license that vaccine through the usual route. Until the end of December 2020, EU legislation requires biotechnological medicines (which would include candidate COVID-19 vaccines) to be authorised via the European Medicines Agency, and a marketing authorisation granted by them would automatically be valid in the UK. From January 2021, the UK’s licensing authority will have new powers to license all medicines, including vaccines. However, if there is a compelling case, on public health grounds, for using a vaccine before it is given a product licence, given the nature of the threat we face, the JCVI may take the very unusual step of advising the UK government to use a tested, unlicensed vaccine against COVID-19, and we need to make sure that the right legislative measures are in place to deal with that scenario.

A temporary authorisation of the supply of an unlicensed vaccine could be given by the UK’s licensing authority under regulation 174 of the Human Medicines Regulations (see below). A COVID-19 vaccine would only be authorised in this way if the UK’s licensing authority was satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate the safety, quality and efficacy of the vaccine. ‘Unlicensed’ does not mean ‘untested’: this temporary authorisation process exists to address the possibility that, in certain situations of public health need, the licensing authority may consider that the balance of risk and benefit to patients justifies the temporary supply of the relevant vaccine pending the issue of a product licence. Regulation 345 of the Human Medicine Regulations transposes into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

2. Civil liability and immunity

Any decision to roll out mass vaccination programmes for unlicensed COVID-19 vaccines, or indeed any pandemic disease treatments, will be taken nationally, not by the individual companies manufacturing or marketing the product.

The current legal framework already recognises that if manufacturers or healthcare professionals are asked to supply an unlicensed medicine in response to a public health threat, it is unfair also to ask them to take responsibility for the consequences of the use of that medicine in the way that they normally would.

The UK government wishes to clarify some important aspects of the legal regime relating to the civil liability of manufacturers and suppliers in this context.

It appears that they would like to put vaccines out there that do not go through the normal processes and also are making the companies making them excempt from civil prosecution should any 'side effects' occur from them.

As i've said before good luck to anyone that wants one...I certainly do not consent.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How is that confusing? 

From the Scottish government website.

Measures include:

Inside people’s homes (from tomorrow, Wednesday 23 2020)

• Do not meet people from any other households in your home or another person’s home socially, unless they are in your extended household
  • These rules also apply to children

https://www.gov.scot/news/new-measures-to-drive-down-infection-rate/

16 minutes ago, whodanny said:

So what have you said in that post ? I mean really ? NOTHING. You can moan and greet all you want, but it's totally non constructive. Chill the feck out and accept that life is going to be a lot different for some time. I sincerely hope that neither you or any of your loved ones succumbs to the virus, but sadly that's the reality for too many. I have parents both in their late eighties, I know they may not have many years left with us, but I would like to treasure what time they have left with us. So I will do what I can to protect them. Try thinking that way. HHGH.

How about a lockdown only for those at risk? Let the many many many millions not at risk in the UK go about their lives and keep the economy ticking?

As it stands, there are more people living on my street than entire UK hospital COVID related admissions in the month of August and September.

From all those that sadly died in the UK yesterday, 99 % of them were NOT related to COVID 19.

Do you not question why 'the NHS' is no longer cited as a reason for all these laws and restrictions? That myth was debunked some time ago. They have moved on now. 

The stats and figures simply do not justify any of this. Saying there were 2,000 'new' cases yesterday in the country is as relevant as saying 2,000 men sprung new moustaches yesterday.

For decades coroners put pneumonia on death certificates willy nilly now they are putting COVID.

I feel so ****ing sorry for those with terminal illness and are knowingly seeing out their final months in this society of shackles.

Terminal cancer is a 10/10 on the serious scale, COVID is a 1. For some ****ed up reason our governments (not just Scotland) are focusing more on this than the real issues, illness and struggles that we face in our shitey lives.

Edited by i8hibsh

43 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Alright Mr fecking expert, you greet about Mrs Budge, you clearly hate Hearts, you think our new stand is a complete waste of money and now you're telling us the Scottish Government have it all wrong, and have been from the start. But NOT ONCE ! NOT F'ING ONCE! Have YOU offered up a solution. I don't like this situation any more than you do, but I don't pretend to offer any kind of solution, because I just don't know. You on the other hand come on with your smug "I know best" posts and say absolutely FECK ALL !. Just away back to dotnet and shut the feck up on here. And to think I took you off ignore. FTH !

Not sure what was wrong with his post tbf

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

From the Scottish government website.

Measures include:

Inside people’s homes (from tomorrow, Wednesday 23 2020)

• Do not meet people from any other households in your home or another person’s home socially, unless they are in your extended household
  • These rules also apply to children

https://www.gov.scot/news/new-measures-to-drive-down-infection-rate/

I see. Doesn’t have force of law tomorrow though, apparently. 

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thanks for contributing to the discussion with a balanced and honest view. I share your general distrust of government, despite being, until about 5 years ago, a paid-up member of the SNP.

My job is massively at risk from further government interference, so I see today (and indeed, almost everything that has come before) as the thin end of the wedge.

My chief concern is that we now have a group of leaders in charge who lack a coherent vision over what to do or how to do it. The easiest solution they have is to demand obedience to their self-acknowledged arbitrary rules. They aren't trying to engage with the public about things because they are so distanced from reality anyhow.

Sorry to hear this regarding your work. Hope it goes well. 

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Agree with this 100%. The virus isn't just going to disappear because things get tweaked here and there. There has to be a point where we start to live with the virus and just get on with our lives with minimal if any restrictions.

56 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

And I’ll throw it out there - I will NOT be taking any vaccine that I do not believe to have been rigorously tested and safe.

Not sure where you work, but assuming you work for NHS as a care provider I reckon you will be told you are taking it (or alternatively leaving your job of course).

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, whodanny said:

It said absolutely nothing, just empty gripes. I meet so many folk with the same attitude, when I ask them what we should be doing, all I get is shrugs and words to the effect that it's "no up Tae me mate" they all just want to carry on as before. That is just not an option. I wish I had an answer, but I don't. But I know that living as normal just now won't solve the problem.

Equally you don't know that living normally will it solve the problem. 

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Agree with this 100%. The virus isn't just going to disappear because things get tweaked here and there. There has to be a point where we start to live with the virus and just get on with our lives with minimal if any restrictions.

Sticks in my throat agreeing with a toff Tory but good on him. A beacon in a sea of madness and hysteria.

Dennis Reynolds
11 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

You may want to look at this...on the 28th August the UK Goverment released a Consultation document ( i do not remember being told about this do you?) on there website with a Consultation period of  3 weeks ending on the 18th September. https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/distributing-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu/consultation-document-changes-to-human-medicine-regulations-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines#responding-to-this-consultation

I would pay particular attention to these 2 sections.

The preferred route to enable deployment of a new vaccine for COVID-19 is through the usual marketing authorisation (product licensing) process. If a suitable COVID-19 vaccine candidate, with strong supporting evidence of safety, quality and efficacy, becomes available, we will seek to license that vaccine through the usual route. Until the end of December 2020, EU legislation requires biotechnological medicines (which would include candidate COVID-19 vaccines) to be authorised via the European Medicines Agency, and a marketing authorisation granted by them would automatically be valid in the UK. From January 2021, the UK’s licensing authority will have new powers to license all medicines, including vaccines. However, if there is a compelling case, on public health grounds, for using a vaccine before it is given a product licence, given the nature of the threat we face, the JCVI may take the very unusual step of advising the UK government to use a tested, unlicensed vaccine against COVID-19, and we need to make sure that the right legislative measures are in place to deal with that scenario.

A temporary authorisation of the supply of an unlicensed vaccine could be given by the UK’s licensing authority under regulation 174 of the Human Medicines Regulations (see below). A COVID-19 vaccine would only be authorised in this way if the UK’s licensing authority was satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate the safety, quality and efficacy of the vaccine. ‘Unlicensed’ does not mean ‘untested’: this temporary authorisation process exists to address the possibility that, in certain situations of public health need, the licensing authority may consider that the balance of risk and benefit to patients justifies the temporary supply of the relevant vaccine pending the issue of a product licence. Regulation 345 of the Human Medicine Regulations transposes into UK law a requirement of EU law that key actors in the medicines supply chain cannot generally be sued in the civil courts for the consequences resulting from the use of an unlicensed product, or a new use of a licensed product, that a national licensing authority is recommending in order to deal with certain specific health threats.

2. Civil liability and immunity

Any decision to roll out mass vaccination programmes for unlicensed COVID-19 vaccines, or indeed any pandemic disease treatments, will be taken nationally, not by the individual companies manufacturing or marketing the product.

The current legal framework already recognises that if manufacturers or healthcare professionals are asked to supply an unlicensed medicine in response to a public health threat, it is unfair also to ask them to take responsibility for the consequences of the use of that medicine in the way that they normally would.

The UK government wishes to clarify some important aspects of the legal regime relating to the civil liability of manufacturers and suppliers in this context.

It appears that they would like to put vaccines out there that do not go through the normal processes and also are making the companies making them excempt from civil prosecution should any 'side effects' occur from them.

As i've said before good luck to anyone that wants one...I certainly do not consent.

https://fullfact.org/online/government-consultation-covid-vaccine-unlicensed/

For someone who is a dentist Leitch bottom teeth are absolutely rank. He just got a good grilling from a reporter on the dreadful " stv " News. Good on the reporter. 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Jason spluttering on stv news when asked if England or us have got it wrong

Yes he was riled. Good on the reporter. His usual response. " We just have to wait and see" Yes we know that but for how long? Whats the end game ? 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Jason spluttering on stv news when asked if England or us have got it wrong

He’s not a politician to be fair. Not sure why he fronts as much as he does. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I see. Doesn’t have force of law tomorrow though, apparently. 

Should say that on their website imo. I was trying to find out if I had to change my plans for tonight and visit my mum, according to the SG website I do when in reality I can do it tomorrow or Thursday.

There's the confusion.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, heartstastic said:

Lol

Great reply. Maybe next time, instead of just posting drivel you've lifted off Facebook, engage your brain a bit. Ta.

Howdy Doody Jambo

So what happens when the annual flu season and Covid-19 collide? 

Does one or the other become stronger or weaker or run seperately on it's own values? 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Should say that on their website imo. I was trying to find out if I had to change my plans for tonight and visit my mum, according to the SG website I do when in reality I can do it tomorrow or Thursday.

There's the confusion.

Fair enough. It is a bit misleading. 

Just now, Ma Roon said:

Does one or the other become stronger or weaker or run seperately on it's own values? 

No they will probably put many of the flu deaths as Covid to keep the fiasco going on and it vindicates their " warnings" and " advice".

Just now, Ma Roon said:

You don’t want to get both at the same time. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

For 99.9% that would either be a wee case of the sniffles or not even being aware they had covid "right up them".

Nowt wrong with "right up them".

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I will be having intimate contact up the tradesman's

See.

58 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

This all smacks of old fashioned Scottish puritanism

Been saying this about the Sturgeon for years. Don't think she'd be too enamoured with the tradesman's.

33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I still think the key is in enforcing the current restrictions, not adding more restrictions which the non-conformists will probably ignore anyway.

It looks like the most logical approach. 

Get the old bill booting down the doors of shan boozers and house parties with the CS gas slapping *****s clean about. That'll learn 'em. The rest of us can then pop round for afternoon tea with gran.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Just catching up on this. It's now completely indefensible. 

Good on the Tory mp for having the decency to say what so many of us are thinking. 

I would urge everybody to completely ignore what Sturgeon and Johnson have said. 

Maniac urges non-maniacs to join the mania.   Thankfully nobody will give a shiny shite what you're urging.

32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Welsh government has not ruled out making vaccines mandatory when they become available.

FFS that's mental :rofl:

I would get one if it became available, but you can't force people

Genuine possibility that could happen here. 

Maybe less likely in England, but I honestly think in Scotland possible they will make it compulsory to take the vaccine. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

We all know 'the dentist lol' has a masters in public health from Harvard, yeah?

The dentist slept with some **** with a masters in public health.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Thanks for the replies, just home so have had a chance to look for myself and it's actually Thursday although NS would like us to observe it from tomorrow. No chance.

She def said tomorrow maybe a mistake on her part 

35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Welsh government has not ruled out making vaccines mandatory when they become available.

FFS that's mental :rofl:

I would get one if it became available, but you can't force people

Regardless of which side of the fence you fall on everyone must surely agree this is bonkers 

Here's a novel idea... how about people following the national campaign for a relatively short period of time to see if results in a much better outcome than the bad sounding forecasts.   With the wee Brucie Bonus of hopefully a quicker return to normality than will no doubt be the case if everyone acts like 5 year olds and refuse to participate?

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

So is he not a dentist then?

I don't think I said that.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The dentist slept with some **** with a masters in public health.

Brilliant. One more than you though, eh.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic