Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I still think it’s wrong, and a mistake, that he does so many interviews. That’s what politicians should be doing. 

He is good at getting the important messages across. I’ve actually spoken to him before too and was very impressed with the way he explains things.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Leitch thinks that hospitality and house meetings are two main factors in cases rising. He was asked what percentage of overall figures these 2 made up, he didn’t know 

😂 

Making it up as they go along 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who said it was an easy alternative comparison. It an interesting alternative which seems to be doing OK so far.

It's cited all the time on this thread and Twitter. Never usually with Denmark though, who have a death rate a fifth of that of Sweden and a similar economic outcome.

From my armchair epidemiologist angle, a lockdown was right for us initially (albeitshould have been earlier and better border controls) but we have wasted lockdown in order to have allowed us to open up in a less restricted and longer period i.e. mass testing and track and trace.

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He is good at getting the important messages across. I’ve actually spoken to him before too and was very impressed with the way he explains things.

You mean like a patronising adult speaking down to a child?

Can see why it works for you.

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So Leitch thinks that hospitality and house meetings are two main factors in cases rising. He was asked what percentage of overall figures these 2 made up, he didn’t know 

😂 

Yep 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Truly awful performance by Boris. 

And why does every political leader have to.have a huge national flag next to.them?

I suppose because we might doubt that they might actually be the prime minister of the UK. Or president of the USA. Or dare I say it First Minister ...

One minute you’re celebrating patriotic songs the next dissing flags. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

😂 

Thinks is different to knows

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sorry to take it off topic, everyone. If you'd like to get back to the reality of Covid-19...great.

If not, as long as Dave's happy, regale us all with lesbian tales.👍🏻

If you want to start a thread on lesbianism then read the rules on homophobic comments and start a separate thread. 👍

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Leitch getting a bit touchy.

Jason doesn't like getting hard time. He will be back on Off the Ball soon where he can be given easy time and worshipped by his fan boys. Like most of these types that carry their Masters degree as a badge of honour, they are fine when everything is ticking along as expected, but as soon as the shit hits the fan they are clueless. If the solution can't be found in theory text book, they can be relied upon to make poor and panicked decisions and when quizzed on them, answer as if they shouldn't be questioned in first place. They try to pretend it's because person asking question doesn't understand enough to accept their answer but it is really because their answers are dreadful.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Seriously, does anyone actually believe any of this trolling.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

I hate Boris Johnson but whoever wrote that for him, well done. Sturgeon on the other hand... that was a painful watch and listen. 

Exactly my thoughts! 👍 

Toxteth O'Grady
47 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This is good by BJ.  Good delivery.  Well crafted speech by whoever wrote it.

An army of Civil Servants wrote it and it was run past his Special Advisors 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

One minute you’re celebrating patriotic songs the next dissing flags. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Lost me there ... when was I celebrating patriotic songs?

And dissing flags only in the context of politicians expropriating them.for their own advantage.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Lost me there ... when was I celebrating patriotic songs?

And dissing flags only in the context of politicians expropriating them.for their own advantage.

Weren’t you extolling France and the USA for being patriotic while we hated our country? Or have I lost it?

26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

So, when are we going to see tanks rumbling through the streets. 

Tanks are the only things left what with all the pot holes but that's another story altogether. 

So, the army. Yay.

Never mind tanks, there was a guy on here last night advocating 'full force' on any protests...

Hope they're not on a skeleton staff at faslane 😂😂

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you want to start a thread on lesbianism then read the rules on homophobic comments and start a separate thread. 👍

Well said some pathetic casusl

homophobic comments 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The figures will exist. He just couldn’t remember them. 😄

Typical management consultant. Promoted to job that is beyond his ability and sprouts bollocks with no understanding of what he is saying or where information comes from.

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You mean like a patronising adult speaking down to a child?

Can see why it works for you.

Umm no 

he is good at explaining things to people 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Typical management consultant. Promoted to job that is beyond his ability and sprouts bollocks with no understanding of what he is saying or where information comes from.

Why didn’t the reporter mention the minuscule deaths in the last 3 months , instead of just concentrating on the infections ? But she actually was not too bad grilling him . 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I can tell you that I am as much as an 'expert' on COVID 19 than you, everyone else on here and the likes of that repugnant shit weasel 'professor' Jason Leitch. He is by far superior to me however on subjects like dentistry tho.

He gets advised by a panel of experts. He doesn't make stuff up off the top of his head. 

20 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

tenor.gif

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Why didn’t the reporter mention the minuscule deaths in the last 3 months , instead of just concentrating on the infections ? But she actually was not too bad grilling him . 

I would imagine interview agreed under Doncaster rules with only certain topics and questions allowed. No way Jason would allow random questions to be asked as he doesn't react well to pressure and needs to stick to script.

20 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

😂 

I wonder what makes him think that if he doesn't know the stats? Gut feel? Hope? Agenda?

Seems a weird thing to profess to a nation without anything to back it up.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I would imagine interview agreed under Doncaster rules with only certain topics and questions allowed. No way Jason would allow random questions to be asked as he doesn't react well to pressure and needs to stick to script.

Probably accurate 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Weren’t you extolling France and the USA for being patriotic while we hated our country? Or have I lost it?

Not entirely! 

I was suggesting that many in the UK and more particularly on here seem.to hate our country.

Maybe if I accessed French 'and American football forums they would be the same.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Equally you don't know that living normally will it solve the problem. 

I'd say that living normally, in close proximity is spreading the virus. Just like when one person at your home gets a stinking cold everyone else seems to get it. I'm 60 now, not in the most at risk group but still at risk, I'm fit having been into mountaineering for years , but healthy, fit people went down in the first wave. I'm not prepared to take that risk of getting it and potentially passing it on to my 87 and 88 year old parents. So, for now, living normally doesn't solve it for me, or those around me.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He gets advised by a panel of experts. He doesn't make stuff up off the top of his head. 

If that is the case, can we have the experts telling us stuff instead of an overpaid grinning goon who loves the sound of his own voice.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Not entirely! 

I was suggesting that many in the UK and more particularly on here seem.to hate our country.

Maybe if I accessed French 'and American football forums they would be the same.

Good idea.

Take your time.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You'd be mistaken for thinking so then, i assume  he was informed of which questions would be asked so had ample opportunity to find the data to back up his claims.

Or maybe it was made up...

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

If that is the case, can we have the experts telling us stuff instead of an overpaid grinning goon who loves the sound of his own voice.

Sounds more like Matt Hancock

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You'd be mistaken for thinking so then, i assume  he was informed of which questions would be asked so had ample opportunity to find the data to back up his claims.

Or maybe it was made up...

I'm not mistaken at all. Look up 'Scottish Covid19 Advisory Group'. 

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He should have used the standard ‘I din’t have the exact numbers to hand but I’ll get back to you’ line. 

The Mighty Thor
42 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

So, when are we going to see tanks rumbling through the streets. 

Tanks are the only things left what with all the pot holes but that's another story altogether. 

So, the army. Yay.

All this talk of eclectic lesbianism and I swear I could feel tanks rumbling through the sheets.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Apart from the obvious health benefits for everyone... I can’t wait to move beyond COVID just to get that arsehole off the TV. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

One death per week for the last few months.

this virus has been here since late last year.

we don’t know lockdown works, because we dint know what would have happened if we didn’t do it- there is no  comparator.

its guess work .

You are telling us that we do not know whether lockdown has been effective or not because we do not have a control. In this instance we do not need one. 

We know how the disease is spread and we know that in common with all infectious diseases the level of transmission can be reduced by keeping potential contaminators away from the uncontaminated and by putting a barrier between them. We know for sure that closer you live to others the more likely you are to contract infectious diseases. We know what has happened in other countries who locked down quicker or more severely than we did.

We were told the lockdown was to flatten the curve and it has done that and when lifted the graph started to spike. 

The fact that the virus has been around since last year is irrelevant as is the number of deaths in Scotland over the last few months. Deaths are more common in Scotland now and are rising significantly in England. In three weeks the number of daily infections has more than tripled, these people do not die immediately and the proportion that do die will be smaller than before but there will still be significant numbers.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He should have used the standard ‘I din’t have the exact numbers to hand but I’ll get back to you’ line. 

Couldn't find the fag packet he wrote them down on probably.

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

So my daughter cannot have a sleep over then, or go camping with her pal in October.

Thanks Nicola

My daughter couldn't meet her friends outdoors in the Meadows on Monday but today she can! :berra:

It's good news of course but another example of rules that chop & change all over the place.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

How about a lockdown only for those at risk? Let the many many many millions not at risk in the UK go about their lives and keep the economy ticking?

As it stands, there are more people living on my street than entire UK hospital COVID related admissions in the month of August and September.

From all those that sadly died in the UK yesterday, 99 % of them were NOT related to COVID 19.

Do you not question why 'the NHS' is no longer cited as a reason for all these laws and restrictions? That myth was debunked some time ago. They have moved on now. 

The stats and figures simply do not justify any of this. Saying there were 2,000 'new' cases yesterday in the country is as relevant as saying 2,000 men sprung new moustaches yesterday.

For decades coroners put pneumonia on death certificates willy nilly now they are putting COVID.

I feel so ****ing sorry for those with terminal illness and are knowingly seeing out their final months in this society of shackles.

Terminal cancer is a 10/10 on the serious scale, COVID is a 1. For some ****ed up reason our governments (not just Scotland) are focusing more on this than the real issues, illness and struggles that we face in our shitey lives.

How do we really know who are at most risk and who are not, plenty went down in the first wave that were thought to be fit and healthy. Anyway, I'm done for tonight, I'm on holiday in the Border hills, I shouldn't even be on kickback. Stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Couldn't find the fag packet he wrote them down on probably.

I don’t he’s as good a public performer as he thinks he is. 

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I would imagine interview agreed under Doncaster rules with only certain topics and questions allowed. No way Jason would allow random questions to be asked as he doesn't react well to pressure and needs to stick to 

Watching the toothpuller today, he has two safe havens he retreats to in interviews.

One is "back in march" and tbe other is quoting global health figures

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Typical  comment from cult follower. Can't provide any reasonable defence for shocking performance by Leitch so deflect away. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic