• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folk self-isolating after coming back from Spain have been refused mandatory sick pay.

Government is telling them to apply for Universal Credit instead.

Which can take 5 weeks to come through.

Also, workers that are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't go back to work after coming back from Spain have been told to seek arbitration.

Government isn't getting involved.

So, go on holiday, come back, self isolate but you're not getting any money and if you lose your job tough shite, try acas.

:vrface:

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Folk self-isolating after coming back from Spain have been refused mandatory sick pay.

Also, workers that are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't go back to work after coming back from Spain have been told to seek arbitration.

So, go on holiday, come back, self isolate but you're not getting any money and if you lose your job tough shite, try acas.

People going on holiday during the pandemic really should be blaming no one but themselves if they find things go wrong. 

32 minutes ago, Dazo said:

People going on holiday during the pandemic really should be blaming no one but themselves if they find things go wrong. 

:spoton:

Why can’t the people who are moaning about coming back from holiday just phone in sick? 

Just make up a story, phone in sick and go back in two weeks. 
Some people will get full pay and the ones that don’t will get sick pay 

If they can go on holiday they can afford to live on sick pay for couple of weeks surely 

Nucky Thompson
52 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Only 7 total UK deaths, the lowest since 13th March

Great news and none in scotland for 11 days I believe. Hopefully we are at the point now where we can stop wasting money on the daily Sturgeon political broadcast. After all it's not like we announce the number of cancer deaths daily.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

The warnings were there

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Great news and none in scotland for 11 days I believe. Hopefully we are at the point now where we can stop wasting money on the daily Sturgeon political broadcast. After all it's not like we announce the number of cancer deaths daily.

No chance of Sturgeon giving up the limelight.

Even that idiot Mark Drakeford has stopped his daily briefings 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance of Sturgeon giving up the limelight.

Even that idiot Mark Drakeford has stopped his daily briefings 

Surley Ofcom will need to become involved if it keeps up. Probably now at greater risk from falling off step ladders.

Hope Nicola continues the daily briefings long after the virus has gone. Maybe tell the nation a wee lunchtime story or do the weather forecasts or something.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

What about people who don't go on holiday or holiday in Scotland and get the phone call from track and trace telling them to self isolate, should they blame themselves too?

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Absolutely

And people think the government should be bailing those people out. 😂

Edited by Dazo

21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm sure it's only 3 or 4 times a week now. How much does it cost?

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

What about people who don't go on holiday or holiday in Scotland and get the phone call from track and trace telling them to self isolate, should they blame themselves too?

Why should they ? Having to isolate because you have came into contact with someone testing positive has been in place for quite a while. 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, graygo said:

Totally different scenario. The travel advice is against all non essential travel to Spain.

You can travel anywhere in the UK and if you get asked to self isolate it is because you have had contact with an infected person

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hope Nicola continues the daily briefings long after the virus has gone. Maybe tell the nation a wee lunchtime story or do the weather forecasts or something.

You could always get a blown up photo of her and keep it by your bedside 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

You could always get a blown up photo of her and keep it by your bedside 

Already have one. :wub: 

Ainsley Harriott
14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Would be more of use than anything else shes done I suppose 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Why can’t the people who are moaning about coming back from holiday just phone in sick? 

Just make up a story, phone in sick and go back in two weeks. 
Some people will get full pay and the ones that don’t will get sick pay 

If they can go on holiday they can afford to live on sick pay for couple of weeks surely 

Pretty sure it's not as easy as that, sure you have to submit a doctors note after 7 days being off work.

Spitonastranger
8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Just be thankfull your still allowed to use the Queen's English to shitpost on the internet.

Corbyn would have you talking in Arabic with a Irish republican accent.

Ok Tory boy enjoy the misery and deaths caused by your party.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

Ok Tory boy enjoy the misery and deaths caused by your party.

Away and run up my ribs.

WideTidyHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Between here and the Arbitration thread...it's neck & neck.

:lol:

DeafeningUniqueAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.

The latest genius idea is to float out the yarn that the quarantine period might be adjusted to 10 days.

Braw.   I'm sure the virus will be happy to accomodate and fast-track the symptoms to suit the policy.    Chalk up another win for Dominic against the virus.

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The latest genius idea is to float out the yarn that the quarantine period might be adjusted to 10 days.

Braw.   I'm sure the virus will be happy to accomodate and fast-track the symptoms to suit the policy.    Chalk up another win for Dominic against the virus.

Sickness be gone!

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Between here and the Arbitration thread...it's neck & neck.

:lol:

:spoton:

Depressing as ****.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Depressing as ****.

Look at the positives from both situations TRM. We get to trash some tin-pot, pointy-hat, diddy-club towns and the pubs are open.

Win-win. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Look at the positives from both situations TRM. We get to trash some tin-pot, pointy-hat, diddy-club towns and the pubs are open.

Win-win. 👍

:greatpost:

You’ve cheered me up.

Harry Potter

Woman in the paper moaning that her plane was untidy coming back from spain, think

i would have more to worry about.

If i have a holiday in August will be in bonnie Scotland.

jack D and coke

Mind boggling that this soon after lockdown there’s currently 600k people holidaying in spain atm. I’ve toyed with it myself but this quarantine thing has put paid to it for the moment. 
Looking forward to that being over and getting back out there hopefully next couple of months. 

Horatio Caine
19 hours ago, frankblack said:

On a 21 bus heading to Crewe Toll this morning and generally most wearing masks but at least 10 had the mask under their nose!

Its not rocket science learning how to wear a mask properly!!!

I have noticed this too.  There's probably a case for Professor Leitch doing one of his public information films on how to wear a mask - putting it on, taking it back off.  How and when to wash it etc etc.  Clearly a lot of people either don't know, or don't give one.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mind boggling that this soon after lockdown there’s currently 600k people holidaying in spain atm. I’ve toyed with it myself but this quarantine thing has put paid to it for the moment. 
Looking forward to that being over and getting back out there hopefully next couple of months. 

Thats a lot o folk 😵.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can't believe so many people are putting their families at risk by self indulgent trips overseas right now, let's beat the virus first and then it will make trips abroad totally normal again sooner. If it is for reasons of essential visits to relatives fair enough but just to say you had a good time on a beach doesn't cut it with me right now. There was one guy on the TV saying he was starting a new job a day or two after getting back from Spain and hadn't stopped to think the advice on what to do on his return might change. It was bleeding obvious it could change at any given moment!

47 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thats a lot o folk 😵.

they said around 1.8M people were due to fly from the Uk to spain by august (or at least a week or two into august)

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they said around 1.8M people were due to fly from the Uk to spain by august (or at least a week or two into august)

Unreal.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I can't believe so many people are putting their families at risk by self indulgent trips overseas right now, let's beat the virus first and then it will make trips abroad totally normal again sooner. If it is for reasons of essential visits to relatives fair enough but just to say you had a good time on a beach doesn't cut it with me right now. There was one guy on the TV saying he was starting a new job a day or two after getting back from Spain and hadn't stopped to think the advice on what to do on his return might change. It was bleeding obvious it could change at any given moment!

They are just " at risk" at home than going on holiday.  People need to start living and not being afraid.  Spain has only had minimal " spikes" and Benidorm is almost covid free.  Let people enjoy themselves. Jesus we have all had a shit 4 months so I dont blame people for wanting to go on holiday and enjoy themselves. Yes its a risk but so is staying home. However I was maybe  going to  Northern Ireland on Saturday but decided against it as I don't fancy being on a plane yet. That was my personal risk assessment.  

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not remotely on topic. However is it always sunny in Philadelphia worth watching? 

Never got round to it and wondering if should.

100%. Best sitcom by a country mile. 

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They are just " at risk" at home than going on holiday.  People need to start living and not being afraid.  Spain has only had minimal " spikes" and Benidorm is almost covid free.  Let people enjoy themselves. Jesus we have all had a shit 4 months so I dont blame people for wanting to go on holiday and enjoy themselves. Yes its a risk but so is staying home. However I was maybe  going to  Northern Ireland on Saturday but decided against it as I don't fancy being on a plane yet. That was my personal risk assessment.  

Correct James. This isn’t going to just go away, I don’t think some people are grasping that. We all obviously hope it will but the risks are very small and you must be allowed to make decisions on your own. 
The biggest threat to eradicating this or any other pandemic that might come along will be the anti vaxxers. They have too much of a foothold nowadays despite all of their nonsense being debunked. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Correct James. This isn’t going to just go away, I don’t think some people are grasping that. We all obviously hope it will but the risks are very small and you must be allowed to make decisions on your own. 
The biggest threat to eradicating this or any other pandemic that might come along will be the anti vaxxers. They have too much of a foothold nowadays despite all of their nonsense being debunked. 

Thanks.  Yes like i said i was invited to go to Derry for a couple days but just felt being on a plane just now for me is a bridge too far at the present time. I've been out to beer gardens , on buses and indoor pubs so not overly anxious. My mate  said the plane journey was fine. People had to wear their masks all through the short flight etc. All safe.  Yes its not going anyway anytime soon and i expect localised " spikes" etc but these should be well managed by the NHS track and trace. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yes the anti vaxxers are nuts.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

the anti vaxxers.

and the fake pandemic merchants all have a screw loose. These numb skulls need locking up. I’m all for freedom of speech but people who post this propaganda on line need the posts removed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic