Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

"Oh look, the Robinsons at number 43 are off on holiday because the government said they were allowed to after being on lockdown for three months. How dare they follow the advice. Morons".

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw (1).jpg

You're purposely missing the point. Fine, go on holiday, but expect this to happen, and when it does, don't greet about it. 

And for those who don't quarantine voluntarily , hopefully the big hoose is used for their 14 days. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

"Oh look, the Robinsons at number 43 are off on holiday because the government said they were allowed to after being on lockdown for three months. How dare they follow the advice. Morons".

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw (1).jpg

Worked out well for them though.    If only their own intelligence had got in the way of what the government told them to do.

I have no doubt in my mind that only haters of Nicola Sturgeon have gone abroad for their holiday, from up here. 

Karma!!!  🤣

Jail them if they don't quarantine! 

Edited by ri Alban

Captain Sausage
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Selfish gonna Self. Haha, enjoy yer month off. Maybe someone else will have a new job out of it. Capitalism 👍

Weren’t you the one in Feb/March bragging about going into work with a terrible flu/cold?

👍

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Weren’t you the one in Feb/March bragging about going into work with a terrible flu/cold?

👍

Shhhh.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I have no doubt in my mind that only haters of Nicola Sturgeon have gone abroad 

It would be impossible for that many people to leave the country at once.

I'm quite happy to cross the border into Northumberland  every weekend, then head abroad when it's freezing here in February 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I guess as long as you're travelling to a place where the infection rate isn't too dissimilar to your own country then the risk is much the same as if you were staying domestically. I'm going to Slovakia in September, but I'd go now if that's when the holiday was. I'm no more likely to catch it from a Slovakian in a Slovakian supermarket,  bar or gym than I am a British person in one of those at home.

There are extra risks involved (even if going to somewhere with a similar infection rate to UK). 

You are sitting on a plane for several hours with a bunch of people. We all know planes are notorious for spreading germs/viruses. 

You may not be more likely to catch CV from a Slovakian, but if they are letting people from the UK holiday there, they are probably letting people from Italy, Spain, France etc as well. So you may well be staying in a hotel with people from badly hit nations. The maid who just changed the bedsheets of the Italian couple in the room next to you, is now in your room touchingly your bedsheets etc. 

Also just being in airports isn’t ideal, people from all different countries congregating in a relatively speaking very small area. 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Economy is the answer

How much more money will the UK economy make from sending holidaymakers to Tenerife vs banning international travel forcing people to just stick to weekends away in UK?

Would be interested to see any figures/sources so can I can do some reading up on it. Quite an interesting argument. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

How much more money will the UK economy make from sending holidaymakers to Tenerife vs banning international travel forcing people to just stick to weekends away in UK?

Would be interested to see any figures/sources so can I can do some reading up on it. Quite an interesting argument. 

You'd also have 10's of thousands losing their jobs as well. It's messy

transport secretary grant schapp has been caught up in the new quarantine rules for spain. He flew out there on saturday with his family for a holiday. he will have to self isolate on his return

13 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

There are extra risks involved (even if going to somewhere with a similar infection rate to UK). 

You are sitting on a plane for several hours with a bunch of people. We all know planes are notorious for spreading germs/viruses. 

That's always the case on planes, but it's far from unique to them. Santise your hands and don't touch you face etc. Cabins are also going to be cleaned far more often than they normally are. If you don't usually get ill on a plane there's no reason you're more likely to now imo. 

You may not be more likely to catch CV from a Slovakian, but if they are letting people from the UK holiday there, they are probably letting people from Italy, Spain, France etc as well. So you may well be staying in a hotel with people from badly hit nations. The maid who just changed the bedsheets of the Italian couple in the room next to you, is now in your room touchingly your bedsheets etc. 

That's no different to staying in a hotel here though. We're also a 'badly hit nation' so you're exposed to people from a badly hit nation when you go to the shops, the petrol station, the pub, a restaurant etc.

Also just being in airports isn’t ideal, people from all different countries congregating in a relatively speaking very small area. 

Again, there's no reason social distancing can't be observed in an airport. They're miles and miles away from capacity just now. Your probably more likely to be closer to people in the pub tbh. Being from different countries isn't really important. 

Sure if you really don't want to catch it, don't travel. I'm not worried about catching it here, and I'm not worried about catching it there either. In fact I reckon my risk will be lower there. 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53541503

Whinging cos you've went on holiday to Spain during a pandemic and need to isolate for a wee while when you get back 

:glorious:

Same as the dafties that were going away on holiday back in March when everyone knew we were heading for a lockdown. Then greeting about how they couldn’t get home etc. 

The Internet

"People entering the UK from Spain pose significantly less risk to people in the UK than the 99% of the UK's population that show a total disregard for lockdown and social distancing measures."

enjoyed that quote, absolute tantrum. 

None of the risks are not also present when travelling domestically. The only variable is that you are in a different country and if that country has an infection rate the same or less than your home country, you're no more at risk than taking a flight to a different UK city and staying there.

I do agree that people whinging are idiots as it was to be expected. If I get hit with a quarantine in September I'll take it on the chin.

Edited by Taffin

29 minutes ago, Jeff said:

You'd also have 10's of thousands losing their jobs as well. It's messy

Thats true TBF. No matter what direction we take there is gonna be a hit. 

But overall there will be less job losses if people stuck to holidaying in the UK this year. Going away to Tenerife is just saving local jobs in Tenerife. What about all the jobs in the UK in places like Edinburgh and London that are usually dependant on foreign tourism that they won’t see this year, a decent chunk of these jobs could be saved by people just doing weekends away in UK cities. 

Not to mention it is probably safer than people flying abroad and coming back.  

Governor Tarkin
55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Worked out well for them though.    If only their own intelligence had got in the way of what the government told them to do.

Like when folks own intelligence got in the way of what the government told them to do after a couple of months of isolation with no symptoms when they figured it was probably alright to put the kids in the car and drive a few extra miles to let their parents see the grandkids from the bottom of the garden?

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You're purposely missing the point. Fine, go on holiday, but expect this to happen, and when it does, don't greet about it. 

I'm purposely missing **** all, ri. I leave that up to you as you're better at it.

The only folk who have booked up for Spain that can have any grounds for complaint are the folk that got sucker punched by Sturgeon's near record time flip-flop.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

None of the risks are not also present when travelling domestically. The only variable is that you are in a different country and if that country has an infection rate the same or less than your home country, you're no more at risk than taking a flight to a different UK city and staying there.

I do agree that people whinging are idiots as it was to be expected. If I get hit with a quarantine in September I'll take it on the chin.

Just back from a week up north, Taffin. Not quite back to normal levels of tourism but almost everywhere was pretty busy. Plenty of foreigners cutting about enjoying the Scottish outdoors too. It also looks like more folk than usual are taking the motorhome option to avoid BnB's, hotels, etc.

The publicans and shop owners I spoke to were just happy to be making money again, although a significant number of cafes and such like remain closed.

Face masks and distancing were well observed by pretty much everyone everywhere we went, and at no point did any of our group feel in any way at risk.

I wouldn't travel abroad at the moment as I don't think it would feel like a holiday with all of the restrictions and travel faff, but I'd feel safe enough if I did. My folks are still planning on making their annual pilgrimage to Crete in September and like you will take any sudden quarentine on the chin.

The Internet

Yeah tbf I would happily go on holiday but it's a volatile situation and if something was to change I wouldn't be crying to the press like a spoiled brat.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm quite happy to cross the border into Northumberland  every weekend, then head abroad when it's freezing here in February 

Keeps winning elections would mean your comment is wrong and childish to suit your tory agenda 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah tbf I would happily go on holiday but it's a volatile situation and if something was to change I wouldn't be crying to the press like a spoiled brat.

Tbf, I'm lucky if I've seen more than 5 minutes worth of telly over the past week so I haven't really caught any of this. Not surprised by it though, it's human nature to whinge about percieved injustice. :)

P. S. The no telly/news bit was utterly refreshing. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Keeps winning elections would mean your comment is wrong and childish to suit your tory agenda 

She needed the Greens at the last Holyrood elections and look how that turned out.

She had to agree to their demands to put the Sheriffhall roundabout upgrade on hold :vrface:

I've only voted Tory once in my lifetime at the last GE, so not a Tory. I vote for who takes my fancy at the time

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Tbf, I'm lucky if I've seen more than 5 minutes worth of telly over the past week so I haven't really caught any of this. Not surprised by it though, it's human nature to whinge about percieved injustice. :)

P. S. The no telly/news bit was utterly refreshing. 

Did you enjoy your holiday mate?

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Did you enjoy your holiday mate?

Top class, Nucky, cheers. 👍

Not quite the hedonistic shitfest of years gone by but great fun all the same. 

Spitonastranger

She needed the Greens at the last Holyrood elections and look how that turned out.

She had to agree to their demands to put the Sheriffhall roundabout upgrade on hold :vrface:

I've only voted Tory once in my lifetime at the last GE, so not a Tory. I vote for who takes my fancy at the time

Voted tory but not a Tory😆 you should maybe reflect on who you voted in.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

Voted tory but not a Tory😆 you should maybe reflect on who you voted in.

I'm not a member of any political party. They are all lying tosspots.

I vote for who I think are best of a bad lot at that time.

I would never vote for anyone that had Ian Blackford as an MP though

Weakened Offender

She had to agree to their demands to put the Sheriffhall roundabout upgrade on hold

Zoomer Alert!! 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw (1).jpg

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Zoomer Alert!! 

You don't have to alert me to your presence. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

This kind of obsessive compulsiveness will ruin lives. This is what lots of people are facing. Peoples brains absolutely riddled with fear and paranoid about touching things and breathing the same air.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw (1).jpg

True . What’s all the Vitriol to those going on holiday really about ,? As you say Govt says it’s fine to travel as well as go to pubs restaurants but you still get people condemning those doing such things . Strikes me of jealousy , that people are venturing out and confidently getting on with their lives without looking out the window Curtain twitching . Usually referred to as doom

merchants . 

Benny Factor
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

transport secretary grant schapp has been caught up in the new quarantine rules for spain. He flew out there on saturday with his family for a holiday. he will have to self isolate on his return

The quarantine rules for Spain will miraculously change just as he's about to head home. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

:jj:

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

The quarantine rules for Spain will miraculously change just as he's about to head home. 

They wouldn't dare change them.

He'll not be able to fart for 14 days. Unfortunately for him, it's 2 weeks behind closed doors :D

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I note Man City will be exempt from quarantine rules for their upcoming CL match in Spain.

they dont have a CL game in spain coming up. the second leg of their real madrid tie is at the etihad

3fingersreid

On the 22 bus as I type , 12 on the top deck , 6 people wearing a mask of which I’m 1 and hating to wear it but will , 6 not. 
Now it could be the other 6 have health issues but what’s the ****ing point in making a law when it’s not being adhered too ? 

coconut doug
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm afraid you cannot deny being a sheepshagger by claiming to have only snagged one sheep.

been here before
On 21/07/2020 at 09:49, Cade said:

Medical grade ones yes, but a simple home-made fabric one will do the job for normal folks going down the shops or sitting on a bus 

Normal people dont travel on buses 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Normal people dont travel on buses 

I’ll be the straight man. 😀 who does travel on buses?

been here before
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ll be the straight man. 😀 who does travel on buses?

Beaten people. The down trodden, broken people who have given up on happiness and who know that life has given up on them.

And Morrisons shoppers.

Just now, been here before said:

Beaten people. The down trodden, broken people who have given up on happiness and who know that life has given up on them.

And Morrisons shoppers.

😂 one and the same some might say.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I'm afraid you cannot deny being a sheepshagger by claiming to have only snagged one sheep.

I'd rather shag sheep than take our chances with Corbyn in charge of the UK during this pandemic tbf.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd rather shag sheep than take our chances with Corbyn in charge of the UK during this pandemic tbf.

Few beers and a bit of make up. 

38 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Couldn’t have done any worse than the boris the buffoon.

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Few beers and a bit of make up. 

:sadrobbo:

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Couldn’t have done any worse than the boris the buffoon.

He'd have called the virus a socialist freedom fighter and offered it a pardon.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic