Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Imagine if there was no rise in cases after the mass protests! Unlikely unfortunately but the last few weeks have not felt like lockdown anymore and cases are still slowing.

A test of herd immunity... 

We will see the stats from England loosening restrictions over the next couple of weeks.  We won't see the imapact from these protests for another month or so.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
53 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone know what the legal position is with regard to the proposed Protest in Edinburgh? Would the Police be within their rights to break the protest up and disperse people?

Has Nicola not said anything?

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seeing footage on the TV from central London, tens of thousands of protestors, no social distancing, vast majority are wearing masks however, but it's quite disturbing that number of people congregated in so close proximity with so many other people.

It'll be the same in every other city around the country which is holding a protest.

Demonstrators wearing masks was common long before anyone had heard of Covid19.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

:D

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I was saying it as a good thing that most were wearing masks so as not spread the disease, not to cover their identity.

Unknown user
On 05/06/2020 at 17:10, jack D and coke said:

Cheers mate. Things have eased and I’ve started picking up work again, I think that was the worst thing for me personally. I got into that bad cycle of really late nights and getting up late and most of the time drinking too much. It didn’t do a lot for my head tbh and ill admit to breaking lockdown weeks ago personally. I just couldn’t hack it anymore. 

Being back at work, being able to play golf with a mate or two now and I hope it keeps up. 
Miss the JT’s an all. Big time :lol: 

So you did get some! :)

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So you did get some! :)

Quite a lot actually aye😐

Forgot id sort of asked your opinion :lol: 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Quite a lot actually aye😐

Forgot id sort of asked your opinion :lol: 

"Fill yer boots" as I recall :laugh2:

King prawn
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Why's that strange? You're only meant to wear them indoors or on transport. 

No idea - the advice is to wear them if you can’t safely keep the distance but everyone is wearing them here regardless of whether they’re inside or not. 

Reign over me is superb. And he was very good in uncut gems.

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Reign over me is superb. And he was very good in uncut gems.

Sandler thread perhaps?

Spellczech
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If the council said no and they should’ve said no they would’ve still still gathered and nothing would’ve been done.
Sadly a lot of people don’t give a ****.

Isn't it just weird though to come out of a 10 week lockdown and think "Oh I think the best thing to do now is go to a mass protest about race discrimination in the USA!"?

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Isn't it just weird though to come out of a 10 week lockdown and think "Oh I think the best thing to do now is go to a mass protest about race discrimination in the USA!"?

Cummings for all his nonsense had plenty people calling for his head. I wonder why no one is doing the same here? Hmm. 
LBC has plenty callers on the other day defending their right to gather in huge numbers. It was much more important than risking a huge spike in the virus apparently. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Imagine if there was no rise in cases after the mass protests! Unlikely unfortunately but the last few weeks have not felt like lockdown anymore and cases are still slowing.

A test of herd immunity... 

The R number has already risen back above 1 in parts of England

husref musemic
3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone know what the legal position is with regard to the proposed Protest in Edinburgh? Would the Police be within their rights to break the protest up and disperse people?

My brain is burst with this, 10 weeks at home, 40,000 dead & the economy starting to die with the unemployment set to rocket. 

And they let them have mass protests up and down the country. deary me.

tear gas & battons please.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Brainless a*******s.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

My brain is burst with this, 10 weeks at home, 40,000 dead & the economy starting to die with the unemployment set to rocket. 

And they let them have mass protests up and down the country. deary me.

tear gas & battons please.

You forgot water cannons.

Montgomery Brewster
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You forgot water cannons.

That’s the game !

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, husref musemic said:

apologies. that too. 

I totally get where you are coming from.

I’m totally pissed off with it all.

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I totally get where you are coming from.

I’m totally pissed off with it all.

only a few days ago people were banned from their parents funeral. 

Captain Sausage

Like, what’s the ****ing point. 

40,000+ dead.

Global shutdown. 
Lockdown for 10 weeks. 
Economy in meltdown. 

And now you’ve got tens of thousands of arseholes out breaking all the social distancing rules to protest the murder of a man in another country. 

Where is the condemnation of these selfish arseholes?

Yet ironically, they’re all on their moral high horse about the whole thing. **** off, right in the bin. 

People in America did it, so now we’ve got to do it too. **** off. 

Captain Sausage

Also - how many people will die as a result of these protests. Inevitably it’ll cause a spike in cases of coronavirus, and many of these idiots will either die themselves or pass it onto parents, grandparents, friends etc. who will die.

Selfish, ignorant tossers. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

285000 cases with 40000 deaths. 1 in 7 people die. That's horrendous. 

Of identified cases ? correct me if I am wrong but alot of people don't even know they have had it !!

10 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Of identified cases ? correct me if I am wrong but alot of people don't even know they have had it !!

And the undisclosed real death count. 

Enzo Chiefo

Reckless idiots. Puts what Dominic Cummings did into perspective.  Let's hope all politicians,  including those on the Left   have the hee-haws to criticise the serial protesters as vehemently as they did Cummings

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Reckless idiots. Puts what Dominic Cummings did into perspective.  Let's hope all politicians,  including those on the Left   have the hee-haws to criticise the serial protesters as vehemently as they did Cummings

And Pigs will fly.....

Jambo-Jimbo
29 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Also - how many people will die as a result of these protests. Inevitably it’ll cause a spike in cases of coronavirus, and many of these idiots will either die themselves or pass it onto parents, grandparents, friends etc. who will die.

Selfish, ignorant tossers. 

And they'll be quick enough to point the finger at anybody but themselves if it does happen.

What they don't realise is that they have just handed the government a massive 'get out of jail free' card.

If or when the infection rates soar, then the government have a ready made excuse, it was the tens of thousands protesting in London and elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And they'll be quick enough to point the finger at anybody but themselves if it does happen.

What they don't realise is that they have just handed the government a massive 'get out of jail free' card.

If or when the infection rates soar, then the government have a ready made excuse, it was the tens of thousands protesting in London and elsewhere.

100%.

Britain has developed a culture of "its not my fault" 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

100%.

Britain has developed a culture of "its not my fault" 

Exactly 

spirt of 98

Totally gutted by these protests. I’ve spent 10 weeks working on the frontline on the fight against the virus and I now see these idiots jeopardise all the hard work put in by the majority. Yet again our government will let a small rabble of idiots jeopardise all the progress we’ve made. 

Time for a radical change in this country. No longer can we sit back and let these fools Do what they want! 

VE Day street parties&conga lines: wee bit of criticism

Packed beaches and beauty spots last weekend: people have been cooped up for months, sun's out, no big deal

BLM protests: outrage

:whistling:

To be clear, I'm condemning all of these equally strongly.

No matter how important the cause, gathering in large numbers is stupid in the current pandemic.

Especially when BAME people have a higher chance of dying from the disease!

Konrad von Carstein
On 05/06/2020 at 09:04, manaliveits105 said:

Hope someone asks her if being married to chairman of snp and hibs fan if she is quite happy with whats going on in Scottish Football and is that the kind of behaviour that would be acceptable in an independent Scotland ?

Arse!

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Cade said:

Packed beaches and beauty spots last weekend: people have been cooped up for months, sun's out, no big deal

No matter how important the cause, gathering in large numbers is stupid in the current pandemic.

The papers and other media  and this thread  have been full of publicity and criticism about breaches of lockdown rules on beaches and in rural scenic areas and parks.  I will be interested to see what criticism the Guardian for example levies at the BLM marchers tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

You know that’s not true.

Any VE day I seen on tv was socially distanced.

packed beaches and beauty spot gatherings were condemned.

BLM protests rightly condemned,they didn’t care about social distancing.

You bang on like they are all the same ,not even close.

I missed the briefing today so just seen the figures, more encouraging signs.

Scottish numbers: 6 June 2020

• 21 new confirmed cases of COVID-19
  • 6 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

40,000+ dead.

Global shutdown. 
Lockdown for 10 weeks. 
Economy in meltdown. 

And now you’ve got tens of thousands of arseholes out breaking all the social distancing rules to protest the murder of a man in another country. 

Yet ironically, they’re all on their moral high horse about the whole thing. **** off, right in the bin. 

👆🏼All this

You can’t condemn it. 
The first person to stand up and give it some...

Racist😂

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Arse!

I'm starting to think he's an SNP plant, here to deliberately make the tories look utterly ridiculous with the most outlandish bollocks possible.

Gordon Ramsay
10 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

40,000+ dead.

Global shutdown. 
Lockdown for 10 weeks. 
Economy in meltdown. 

Nail on head. 

Protesting about something that happened in another country by another police force during the middle of a global pandemic that has claimed the lives of 40,000 people in 3 months? 

There will be a people who have followed the restrictions for lockdown religiously. It's a total slap in the face to them, do their lives not matter? 

Honestly just **** off with it. Let America deal with it, there's enough issues in this country as it is without these tits fighting police and acting hard done by when the likelihood is half of them have never experienced racism in the first place. Total imbeciles. 

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

_112751767_usembassyprotests1.jpg

Tube's...not the yellow ones.

I've real sympathy for the residents, police and motorists caught up in this potentially lethal human soup. In the current climate, C'mon, save this for a later date.

Their brains must be as dense as this throng. If they're bored and want something to do, away and pick some ***kin fruit ya batchy b*s*a*ds!

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic