Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Whoever is facing oncoming traffic should step into the road, unless someone has a buggy or something. That logic seems too much for quite a few I've walked by.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's great to see so many folk out running and keeping fit these days. Hopefully most of them will keep it up.

They did the same here, until lockdown was lifted on May 11th.

Now, we see hardly any of the folk that were out pounding the streets back then.

CavySlaveJambo
5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

My friend took his elderly dad out for the first time since lockdown and the poor sod had a panic attack as soon as he got in the supermarket.

The effects on the elderly will probably be here for as long time after lockdown finishes.

Not just the elderly. 

Possibly those who have been shielding and those with Disabilities who have not been able to get out with the queues etc.   

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

They did the same here, until lockdown was lifted on May 11th.

Now, we see hardly any of the folk that were out pounding the streets back then.

Have the gyms re-opened?

I reckon a lot of folk will be back on the treadmills, etc, when they have the chance. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Have the gyms re-opened?

I reckon a lot of folk will be back on the treadmills, etc, when they have the chance. 

No . Cant see them opening for some time due to the obvious reasons of sweat/ air / droplets going everywhere from people exercising / also using machines with their hands.  I miss going but can wait until its safe to go.    

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No . Cant see them opening for some time due to the obvious reasons of sweat/ air / droplets going everywhere from people exercising / also using machines with their hands.  I miss going but can wait until its safe to go.    

Morgan is in the south of France, I thought maybe things were moving again there.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Have the gyms re-opened?

Yes, they have.

Actually, we never thought of that.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Have the gyms re-opened?

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes, they have.

Actually, we never thought of that.

Meant to add, very limited access.

It’s like, when they were given an hour to exercise, they grasped it.  Now, when it’s unlimited, they can’t be arsed.

Perhaps, of course, some have gone back to work?  🤷🏿‍♂️

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m in France, James.

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Meant to add, very limited access.

It’s like, when they were given an hour to exercise, they grasped it.  Now, when it’s unlimited, they can’t be arsed.

Perhaps, of course, some have gone back to work?  🤷🏿‍♂️

It's definitely quieter here too when I'm out running. I saw lots of new faces at first either walking or running, now I'm back to rarely seeing anyone.

Reckon people thought it was a good way to get out the house and make a change for the better during lockdown but quickly realised there was a reason they don't normally run and went back to sitting inside.

manaliveits105

Hopefully they fat  auld men in Lycra with cameras on their bonce feck aff again soon and stop holding up traffic 

9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Man, I cringe when I look at some of my early posts on this thread. I'm a complete tit.

:wavey: A pair of tits, us do make. 

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Jogger. A courteous one.

Used to hate it with a passion but I've found that it's one of the few things that brings my hereditary hypertension under some form of control.

*Can't stand bike wankers, especially on the canal tow path or out in the Pentland Hills, but each to their own. 🤷‍♂️

Ffs, dae it in your Hoose. Bloody pandemic is making folk lose their minds. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What sort of size house do you have that you can go jogging in it, ri?!

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What sort of size house do you have that you can go jogging in it, ri?!

It was more the Bike part. A bit weird. 

Garden is big enough to jog round, bud. If I remove the shed, trampoline Bins, swing, furniture and whirligig.  But still big enough if I don't. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Could do, but I prefer to wilfully shed my virus laden detrius all around the local area. 🖕

55 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Could do, but I prefer to wilfully shed my virus laden detrius all around the local area. 🖕

🤣 Deviant! 

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’m in France, James.

Out of interest, I recall you mentioning a few weeks ago that you were waiting on face masks from the national - local government (?).

Can I ask.

Were these provided by national - local authorities?

Was the wearing of masks national - local?

How many did you get and were they washable, re-usable?

Reason I'm asking is that in England face coverings will be come compulsory in supermarkets , public transport but no word of masks being sent out.

No doubt the Scottish Government will follow under the same terms as England soon.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We need more deviance IMO

We need more patter nicking IMO. 

:troll:

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Morgan is in the south of France, I thought maybe things were moving again there.

Oh right sorry didn’t know that ! Lucky him 

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’m in France, James.

Where about ? Beautiful country culture and food . I’ve been over many times , Paris , Strasbourg , Lyon , Cannes , Monaco 

Deaths last 24 hours in Scotland 24, hoped for lower. (obviously)

Deaths last week from Covid-19 made up 8% of total deaths, peak was 36%.

Down for 6 weeks running.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Deaths last 24 hours in Scotland 24, hoped for lower. (obviously)

Deaths last week from Covid-19 made up 8% of total deaths, peak was 36%.

Down for 6 weeks running.

I’m sure it’s 12 deaths.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure it’s 12 deaths.

Is it not 7

DR says 7 and the Scum say 12. The government thingy says 7 but I don't know if that was yesterday, which I thought was 9. :silly: Help! 

Edited by ri Alban

39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Where about ? Beautiful country culture and food . I’ve been over many times , Paris , Strasbourg , Lyon , Cannes , Monaco 

La Sante

:whistling:

43 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure it’s 12 deaths.

It is 12, getting old and trying to type as I listen is proving increasingly difficult. ☹️

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

It is 12, getting old and trying to type as I listen is proving increasingly difficult. ☹️

:lol:

Join the club I had to replay the briefing just to make sure.

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

You should only concentrate on one task at a time. I would recommend that you focus on trying to type while you listen and forget about getting old.

45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You should only concentrate on one task at a time. I would recommend that you focus on trying to type while you listen and forget about getting old.

That's 2 things. 🥺

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Out of interest, I recall you mentioning a few weeks ago that you were waiting on face masks from the national - local government (?).

Can I ask.

Were these provided by national - local authorities?

Was the wearing of masks national - local?

How many did you get and were they washable, re-usable?

Reason I'm asking is that in England face coverings will be come compulsory in supermarkets , public transport but no word of masks being sent out.

No doubt the Scottish Government will follow under the same terms as England soon.

Hi DETTY,

Each town provided masks to it’s residents.

We were given one each about a month ago, and two more (of a far higher standard) just last week.

They are ‘recommended’ to be worn at all times but are not compulsory.  Now though, you must wear one on all public transport and on entering train stations. They are also now compulsory in almost every shop and, on entering these shops, you must use the alcohol hand gel provided at the door.

Yes, they are washable.  

We can buy disposable ones (with a maximum four hour usage) at a cost of 2.90€ for five or a cost of 29.50€ for fifty.  

We can also also buy them in Italy at a cost of 3.99€ each.  These can be used up to 40 times each.

Hope this is helpful, and answers everything?

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

In the South, James.

We live about 10 minutes, by car or train, from Monaco.

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In the South, James.

We live about 10 minutes, by car or train, from Monaco.

Very nice .  And your not too far from mother countries too if U fancy a drive or train to them . I travelled by train from Paris to Lyon - Cannes - Milan -Rome - Naples and Sorrento - Capri . It was a memorable train journey 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Hi DETTY,

We were given one each about a month ago, and two more (of a far higher standard) just last week.

They are ‘recommended’ to be worn at all times but are not compulsory.  Now though, you must wear one on all public transport and on entering train stations. They are also now compulsory in almost every shop and, on entering these shops, you must use the alcohol hand gel provided at the door.

Yes, they are washable.  

We can buy disposable ones (with a maximum four hour usage) at a cost of 2.90€ for five or a cost of 29.50€ for fifty.  

We can also also buy them in Italy at a cost of 3.99€ each.  These can be used up to 40 times each.

Cheers.  It does.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Hi DETTY,

Yes, they are washable.  

£2.50 for a pack of 5 disposable ones in our local co-op.

The Real Maroonblood

Things look promising and this thread has gone a bit quiet.

Where are the grim reapers with their negative posts?

Here's hoping that before winter, we're on top of it fully but things certainly look as if things are moving the right direction.

Edited by Dawnrazor

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Things look promising and this thread has gone a bit quiet.

Where are the grim reapers with their negative posts?

Its going really well.Next phase coming faster as well i think the only real worry now is if it comes back in the winter but there is no hard evidence it will but if it does lets hope its weakened a lot by then.

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Its going really well.Next phase coming faster as well i think the only real worry now is if it comes back in the winter but there is no hard evidence it will but if it does lets hope its weakened a lot by then.

and we are better prepared. Add in vaccine and treatment drugs too. 

R rate still just below 1 which is not down far enough for me to drop my guard.

Sorry for the negativity. 🙏

joondalupjambo

My man Whitty has just said in today's briefing that we need to prepare for winter in terms of handling the virus.  He said that it will be worse if we are indoors more and we may need to look at ways of keeping people apart, indoors to me sounds like sports stadiums could be included in that thinking.  Sounds like it is a heads up that we might not be watching live football until next spring. Surely we cannot sustain that because clubs will go the wall by the bucket full right across the UK.

To me this is the first time I have heard folk saying live that we need to ease lockdown in a briefing and then at the same briefing state that time winter will be a problem and more lockdown measures may be needed.

It sounds like we may have a lull and then off we go again with more painful measures.  Not being negative just picking up what has just been said.  Hopefully I am getting the message wrong.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic