Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Vulnerable groups being told to continue shielding till at least 31st July.

Sair yin for them.

Its " shielding " groups not "vulnerable"  ones. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course, my mistake.

No bother. 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Alex DePfeffel planning on opening beer gardens on 20th June.

To be honest he may as well just declare all lockdown measures to be over and be done with it.

Planning to open them in Scotland on the 18th June as it's included in phase 2. I suppose that might change.

The briefing shows a new metric in the way new hospital admissions are shown.    

Well well.

Edited by Victorian

Did Hancock just claim that our care homes have done much better than comparable countries in Europe and praised the way we had done things?

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, graygo said:

He's nearly as bad as Bojo.

He just blamed his mispronounciation of a common Asian name on his dyslexia.

:vrface:

Brighton Jambo
42 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Vulnerable groups being told to continue shielding till at least 31st July.

Sair yin for them.

I've been sheilding since the middle of March and live in a flat. The only time I've been for a walk is around the car park at the front of the building. Safe to say that I was a bit gutted to hear that the 31st July is the new date although at least I can go out more from 18th June. As frustrating as it's been, I recognize that it's important to keep to the rules.

But yeah, a sair yin.

Brighton Jambo
54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well well.

So what are the changes and what is the significance of that change? 

I popped back on here today to see the positive posts about the low levels across UK and the zero numbers in Scotland.  

your cryptic posts that don’t give any detail create anxiety and worry at a time when we are all finally have cause for genuine positively.

Please just say what you actually mean. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So what are the changes and what is the significance of that change? 

I popped Back on here today to see the positive posts about the low levels across UK and the zero numbers in Scotland.  

your cryptic posts that don’t give any detail create anxiety and worry at a time when we are all trying to look for genuine positively.

either say what you mean or give it a rest.  

I'll not be giving it a rest.   You can get right to **** as I'll post as I choose.   Not how you dictate.   

Clear?

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the changed nature of the graph.    The old one showed a long,  shallow decline but it had flattened off to no reduction and showed an up-tick late last week.   Today's graph had a completely different look and seems to include England,  Wales and NI together.    It previously tracked only England.

joondalupjambo
34 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did Hancock just claim that our care homes have done much better than comparable countries in Europe and praised the way we had done things?

Yes indeed he did.  Think he must be talking about his own patch though not Scotland.  It is up to NS to make or not make those claims up here I would have thought.

Edited by joondalupjambo

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'll not be giving it a rest.   You can get right to **** as I'll post as I choose.   Not how you dictate.   

Clear?

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the changed nature of the graph.    The old one showed a long,  shallow decline but it had flattened off to no reduction and showed an up-tick late last week.   Today's graph had a completely different look and seems to include England,  Wales and NI together.    It previously tracked only England.

Can you provide a link, Victorian? - I'll go have a look and see if I can make any sense of it.

Just now, redjambo said:

Can you provide a link, Victorian? - I'll go have a look and see if I can make any sense of it.

Trying to find it.  Saw it at the briefing.

You can see the slides on the government website.    The other countries have been added to the England data but I doubt that would have a huge effect.    I just wonder if the new format to that graph has altered the impression it gives.    

The new hospital cases is a really important indicator right now.    The new confirmed cases can fluctuate with fluctuating tests done.    The ONS surveillance numbers lag behind a bit.    The new hospital admissions is the best way to track how eased lockdown is affecting the rate of infections.   

Nucky Thompson
58 minutes ago, graygo said:

The death rate in care homes in England is about 23%, in Scotland I think it stands at 51%

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Edited by Nucky Thompson
double post again

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You can see the slides on the government website.    The other countries have been added to the England data but I doubt that would have a huge effect.    I just wonder if the new format to that graph has altered the impression it gives.    

The new hospital cases is a really important indicator right now.    The new confirmed cases can fluctuate with fluctuating tests done.    The ONS surveillance numbers lag behind a bit.    The new hospital admissions is the best way to track how eased lockdown is affecting the rate of infections.   

I think this is it: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/890834/2020-06-08_COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides_with_Annex.pdf

It seems that Scotland is included in the graph, but not the overall total on the left, probably due to the difference in reporting methodology referred to in the footnote.

I have to say that the differing methodologies between the four nations seems a bit of a dog's breakfast to me. You would have thought that, right from the off, the UK government would have said to all the responsible authorities for the nations: "Look, you can record and report whatever you want yourselves during this crisis, but at the very least here is exactly what we would like you to report to us so that we can provide some consistency to the UK statistics."

Brighton Jambo
33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Clear?

As you can see from the posts above i actually edited my post to remove that last sentence but you must have replied before the edit was made.  

I wish you have just posted that explanation in the first instance rather than the cryptic Comments as today is a day of positivity and posts that hint at either that positivity being misplaced creates unnecessary anxiety. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Nucky Thompson
51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He just blamed his mispronounciation of a common Asian name on his dyslexia.

:vrface:

How very bad of him :vrface:

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think this is it: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/890834/2020-06-08_COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides_with_Annex.pdf

It seems that Scotland is included in the graph, but not the overall total on the left, probably due to the difference in reporting methodology referred to in the footnote.

I have to say that the differing methodologies between the four nations seems a bit of a dog's breakfast to me. You would have thought that, right from the off, the UK government would have said to all the responsible authorities for the nations: "Look, you can record and report whatever you want yourselves during this crisis, but at the very least here is exactly what we would like you to report to us so that we can provide some consistency to the UK statistics."

There's a lot of positive signs but that 'bottomed out' daily hospital stat had been of interest to me.    Very little reduction of this trend plus the greatly increased general activity of late was a bit of a concern.    It's the one to keep a close eye on.

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As you can see from the posts above i actually edited my post to remove that last sentence but you must have replied before the edit was made.  

I wish you have just posted that explanation in the first instance rather than the cryptic Comments as today is a day of positivity and posts that hint at either that positivity being misplaced creates unnecessary anxiety. 

I can't help what you wish.    I'll definitely be posting as I choose to.    I haven't changed my mind since the last time I set you straight.

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The death rate in care homes in England is about 23%, in Scotland I think it stands at 51%

Great, so I'm much less likely to die from coronavirus in Scotland than I would be in England seeing as I'm not in a care home.

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I can't help what you wish.    I'll definitely be posting as I choose to.    I haven't changed my mind since the last time I set you straight.

Post as you wish.  

the most positive day of numbers in months and here you are posting away with your tin hat conspiracy theories trying in undermine the Positivity and deliberately cause worry and anxiety for people.  You don’t even have the nerve so say what you really think until called out just snidely little seeds of doubt.

It’s a toxic and tragic person who explicitly and relentlessly looks for and hints at the negatives.  

by the last time you ‘set me straight’ do you mean the time you then got challenged by another poster for your bullying ways! I see nothings changed.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Great, so I'm much less likely to die from coronavirus in Scotland than I would be in England seeing as I'm not in a care home.

Yup, but that wasn't what you were getting at originally.

Care home deaths in Scotland are a tragedy and the old and vulnerable are being left to rot.

Hancock also said they had met their target in England of testing all residents and staff regardless of symptoms. 

I wish they had even came close in Scotland

I can't remember if the care home counting differs drastically between countries. Like, if someone was quite ill anyway getting end of life care and died but also had CV19, some countries won't count that as a CV19 death. I think Scotland is. Not sure about England?

Scotland counts any SUSPECTED covid-19 case in a care home as a covid-19 death.

England only counts CONFIRMED covid-19 cases in care homes as covid-19 deaths.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

They're not counting things the same way.

35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

1800 suspected deaths in Scotland's care homes.

3900+ suspected deaths, 2400+ tested positive for covid. 

34000 is the suspected total by end of June for England. England and Wales are fiddling their numbers. 

But don't let that get in the road of having a go at your own country. 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Care home deaths in Scotland are a tragedy and the old and vulnerable are being left to rot.

Hancock also said they had met their target in England of testing all residents and staff regardless of symptoms. 

Statistics can be twisted to suit any argument

Were the targets the same for both countries?

Does this show that England don't have enough care home places for their elderly?

What %age of deaths outside of care homes in England were elderly?

I'm not expecting an answer to those but would be good to know.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, kila said:

I can't remember if the care home counting differs drastically between countries. Like, if someone was quite ill anyway getting end of life care and died but also had CV19, some countries won't count that as a CV19 death. I think Scotland is. Not sure about England?

The Covid symptoms can be different in the elderly as they don't get the cough or temperature. They tend to stop eating, get lethargic and don't move out of bed. It's very similar to when they succumb to dementia

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Scotland counts any SUSPECTED covid-19 case in a care home as a covid-19 death.

England only counts CONFIRMED covid-19 cases in care homes as covid-19 deaths.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

They're not counting things the same way.

Thanks

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

1800 suspected deaths in Scotland's care homes.

3900+ suspected deaths, 2400+ tested positive for covid. 

34000 is the suspected total by end of June for England. England and Wales are fiddling their numbers. 

But don't let that get in the road of having a go at your own country. 

I'm not one for posting personal information on fans forums but it has effected me personally.

I live in Scotland, that's why I'm having a go at my own Country

43 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Post as you wish.  

the most positive day of numbers in months and here you are posting away with your tin hat conspiracy theories trying in undermine the Positivity and deliberately cause worry and anxiety for people.  You don’t even have the nerve so say what you really think until called out just snidely little seeds of doubt.

It’s a toxic and tragic person who explicitly and relentlessly looks for and hints at the negatives.  

by the last time you ‘set me straight’ do you mean the time you then got challenged by another poster for your bullying ways! I see nothings changed.  

:rofl:  away and lie down fool.

Edited by Victorian

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not one for posting personal information on fans forums but it has effected me personally.

I live in Scotland, that's why I'm having a go at my own Country

Sorry to hear that, bud. 

All I'm saying is have a go at them all. They've all fecked it up regarding care homes. Especially the owners, who have been sending staff from care home to care home, spreading it while they go. No danger old folk passed this on. 

600 tested positive dead in Scotland, 9000 in England and Wales. More likely 3 times that number. It's a Feck up that could have been avoided if we shut the UK down in February, when we were all starting to get a bit anxious. 

All the best to you,  us. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry to hear that, bud. 

All I'm saying is have a go at them all. They've all fecked it up regarding care homes. Especially the owners, who have been sending staff from care home to care home, spreading it while they go. No danger old folk passed this on. 

600 tested positive dead in Scotland, 9000 in England and Wales. More likely 3 times that number. It's a Feck up that could have been avoided if we shut the UK down in February, when we were all starting to get a bit anxious. 

All the best to you,  us. 

Cheers mate.

You're 100% right about staff spreading it, especially when the resident is isolated in their room for the whole time and still ends up catching it

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cheers mate.

You're 100% right about staff spreading it, especially when the resident is isolated in their room for the whole time and still ends up catching it

👍 Take it easy! 

coconut doug
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can provide links to credible sources that show the incidence is higher in England.

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm concerned that you think car home residents are being "left to rot".  What is it in your opinion that has prevented care home residents rotting so readily in England? If your figures are to be believed then there is a huge disparity given the much higher incidence on Covid in England as well as England's much higher death rate.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Says the moron who believes Hancock. 🤡

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Says the moron who believes Hancock. 🤡

My wife is a registered nurse in an Edinburgh care home, all visitors were stopped at the very start of the crisis, we

are not sure if that was the case in all care homes.

No covid in her care home to date, .

26 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

My wife is a registered nurse in an Edinburgh care home, all visitors were stopped at the very start of the crisis, we

are not sure if that was the case in all care homes.

No covid in her care home to date, .

Visitors were stopped from all care homes. Staff were moving around different care homes. Not all care homes tho. 

ONS - 47, 421 coronavirus Deaths in England and Wales. 

14000 in care homes. 

BBC News. 

Still waiting fro Scotland and NI. I think I read Scotland was 3900. 

50,000 dead is fecking horrendous. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

ONS - 47, 421 coronavirus Deaths in England and Wales. 

14000 in care homes. 

BBC News. 

Still waiting fro Scotland and NI. I think I read Scotland was 3900. 

50,000 dead is fecking horrendous. 

True Covid figure likely higher. Over 62,000 excess deaths compared to the 5 year average.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

True Covid figure likely higher. Over 62,000 excess deaths compared to the 5 year average.

65000 but predicted to be 70000 by June 30. :(

vegas-voss

Why do they keep letting that Whately on the tv.

Has said today it was the scientist fault for care home deaths before retracting it but its the laughing ( i know its most probably a nervous thing ) when she backtracks that just make things far more worse.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Visitors were stopped from all care homes. Staff were moving around different care homes. Not all care homes tho. 

Cheers bud.

The Internet

7 deaths in the last 24 hours, must be the lowest on a Tuesday since near the start? 21 in ICU just now aswell which is 3 lower than yesterday. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic