Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The R rate is above 1 and rising in the North West of England, just as my wife started back to work last week🤬

Edited by Dawnrazor

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yeah. Won't get fooled again.

was only a matter of time:gok:

vegas-voss
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The R rate is above 1 and rising in the North West of England, just as my wife started back to work last week🤬

Sure i read it is just under 1 in London now as well after being as low as .4

No idea how this will effect things after the good news yesterday with the cases halving in a week.Guess we wont know for a few weeks.North West been a hotspot for a while hopefully all is ok.

Edited by vegas-voss

hughesie27

2 weeks time and we will be back seeing deaths in the 500s per day i think. Should about right being 4 or 5 weeks after measures were eased. They won't reel in many measures though. For example the EPL will carry on.

Edited by hughesie27

vegas-voss
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

2 weeks time and we will be back seeing deaths in the 500s per day i think. Should about right being 4 or 5 weeks after measures were eased. They won't reel in many measures though. For example the EPL will carry on.

Its why masks are being advised now.Next it will be shops then workplaces that have to have them.They will do everything to keep work flowing now they def wont want to make it look like they have ****ed up.

Lets just hope that things really are easing though and that its lessening in severity.I have no faith at all in these corrupt ****s though.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Its why masks are being advised now.Next it will be shops then workplaces that have to have them.They will do everything to keep work flowing now they def wont want to make it look like they have ****ed up.

Lets just hope that things really are easing though and that its lessening in severity.I have no faith at all in these corrupt ****s though.

Indeed. The mask thing is to try to apply a brake to the R rate which is creeping up steadily. 

It was always a gamble and it was all rushed out to deflect from Cummings 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed. The mask thing is to try to apply a brake to the R rate which is creeping up steadily. 

My blind hope is in the virus losing its severity.I just hope the numbers keep falling before there is an effect from the R rate rising more.Its honestly nothing more than hope though.

Jambo-Jimbo
38 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Absolutely, it's a desperate last throw of the dice to try and keep the R rate in check.

Can't say that I'm overly optimistic tbh, not after a couple of weeks of super weather and we've all seen a lot of folks going mental at the beach/parks etc and now these demonstrations taking place in various cities around the country this week-end.  The potential for it all to go Pete Tong has to be huge.

AlimOzturk

The mask thing won't work. People won't use them properly, the evidence is sketchy that they actually do anything to prevent the spread and if folk aren't wearing them whilst at beaches and other heavily public places then I fail to the point in ever wearing a mask. Completely and utterly pointless. 

Public transport is ****ing vile anyways. Glad the choice of using it will be taken away from me.  

50 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The mask thing won't work. People won't use them properly, the evidence is sketchy that they actually do anything to prevent the spread and if folk aren't wearing them whilst at beaches and other heavily public places then I fail to the point in ever wearing a mask. Completely and utterly pointless. 

Public transport is ****ing vile anyways. Glad the choice of using it will be taken away from me.  

Excuses, Excuses. 

17 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

If the death toll rises sharply I think another lockdown would be tolerated followed by the exit of Bumbling Boris from Downing Street. 

And the competent replacement is............

King prawn
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I absolutely hate the things and if there’s no one nearby I remove it when walking through parks but walking through the city centre yesterday there wasn’t anyone without one on. What’s strange is that if you’re sat outside on a terrace having a drink you don’t have to wear one and the vast majority don’t.

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And the competent replacement is............

Multi million pound question. 

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, redjambo said:

She certainly is, and we seem to be handling the crisis better than England, but I would say that we are on a par with Wales (as far as deaths are concerned, which for me is the key statistic), while Northern Ireland has been doing better.

Scotland: 2,852 infections per 1m; 441 deaths per 1m pop

Northern Ireland: 2,538 infections; 285 deaths

Wales 4,561 infections; 441 deaths

England 2,756 infections; 642 deaths

Data taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Norway last I saw had about 50 deaths per 1m head of population. None of us in the UK have anything to brag about as far as the death league table is concerned.

But the numbers are a pretty crude measure of "handling it better or worse". They ignore other factors that seem significant like density of population for example.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

In what way is public transport vile, are you talking about the rolling stock, the punters that use them, or maybe both?

The few times I've used the train or bus in the Lothians, I've found them to be exemplary.

People will not be asked to wear a mask if more than 2 metre distancing can be maintained, no need at beaches or parks.

You go tell the Doctors, Nurses, care workers and the unfortunate folk who've contracted Cv-19 that "Masks are completely and utter pointless" They'll look at you as if you've got two heids.

Edited by OBE

frankblack
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

In what way is public transport vile, are you talking about the rolling stock, the punters that use them, or maybe both?

The few times I've used the train or bus in the Lothians, I've found them to be exemplary.

People will not be asked to wear a mask if more than 2 metre distancing can be maintained, no need at beaches or parks.

You go tell the Doctors, Nurses, care workers and the unfortunate folk who've contracted Cv-19 that "Masks are completely and utter pointless" They'll look at you as if you've got two heids.

Spot on - all it takes is enforcement.

Don't admit anyone onto a bus or train without a face mask and eject those that take them off once inside and refuse to comply at the nearest stopping point.

The poster you quoted doesn't accept lockdown or any measures to get us out of it so they might eventually find that they will be excluding themself if they can't get entry to the football without a mask, for example.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Spot on - all it takes is enforcement.

Don't admit anyone onto a bus or train without a face mask and eject those that take them off once inside and refuse to comply at the nearest stopping point.

The poster you quoted doesn't accept lockdown or any measures to get us out of it so they might eventually find that they will be excluding themself if they can't get entry to the football without a mask, for example.

Only downside of the mask is making sure you change it if it gets damp . 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Norway last I saw had about 50 deaths per 1m head of population. None of us in the UK have anything to brag about as far as the death league table is concerned.

But the numbers are a pretty crude measure of "handling it better or worse". They ignore other factors that seem significant like density of population for example.

And you ignore the number 1 factor. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Only downside of the mask is making sure you change it if it gets damp . 

I guess so.  I bought a set of disposable plus some washable masks, and will get more when the shops start stocking them.  Picked up some hand wipes that are pocket size for when I eventually go out on public transport again.

From shopping in Tesco last night it looks like the idiots think the lockdown is over with no care for social distancing and ignoring the one way aisles rules.

frankblack

There was some bint on the BBC this morning claiming that having a Black Lives Matter protest in Edinburgh was more important than observing the lockdown and social distancing.

I have sympathies for BLM but not these idiots who are endangering the rest of us living in Edinburgh with their selfish attitude.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And you ignore the number 1 factor. 

Enlighten me please Ri.  Of course I didn't specify a number 1 factor but always willing to learn.

On 04/06/2020 at 20:14, JamesM48 said:

Yeah just been to local sainsbury and got a load of foods.  I get home take the gloves off and carefully take the mask off  from behind the ears... then  i fill my sink with washing up liquid and some bleach then wipe down most of the food packages which are plastic plus tins bottles etc.  Leave them to dry then put them away. Seems to have worked so far for me but it is a bit of a carry on...

Is this serious?

didn't realise I was so far behind on the thread, ignore.

Edited by Irufushi

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There was some bint on the BBC this morning claiming that having a Black Lives Matter protest in Edinburgh was more important than observing the lockdown and social distancing.

I have sympathies for BLM but not these idiots who are endangering the rest of us living in Edinburgh with their selfish attitude.

Arseholes the lot of them.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Seeing footage on the TV from central London, tens of thousands of protestors, no social distancing, vast majority are wearing masks however, but it's quite disturbing that number of people congregated in so close proximity with so many other people.

It'll be the same in every other city around the country which is holding a protest.

frankblack
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seeing footage on the TV from central London, tens of thousands of protestors, no social distancing, vast majority are wearing masks however, but it's quite disturbing that number of people congregated in so close proximity with so many other people.

It'll be the same in every other city around the country which is holding a protest.

Edinburgh Council apparently allowed this event to happen today and questions need to be asked about the comptency of those involved in this clearly irresponsible action.

My guess is that these clowns are too busy trying to be PC they can't see the big picture.

Edited by frankblack

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Edinburgh Council apparently allowed this event to happen today and questions need to be asked about the comptency of those involved in this clearly irresponsible action.

My guess is that these clowns are too busy trying to be PC they can't see the big picture.

If the council said no and they should’ve said no they would’ve still still gathered and nothing would’ve been done.
Sadly a lot of people don’t give a ****.

Jambo-Jimbo
28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If the council said no and they should’ve said no they would’ve still still gathered and nothing would’ve been done.
Sadly a lot of people don’t give a ****.

I think you are correct, folks would have protested whether they had permission or not.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

manaliveits105

Edinburgh rally is tomorrow

If no social distancing like elsewhere then it will be black lives matter but our families don't 

hope they adhere to distancing 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

You should have some sympathy for those whose hobby is protesting. They have suffered months without an Extinction Rebellion, Stop Racism Now, anti-Brexit, #Me Too, Anti-Trump etc etc march.

In London in normal times busloads descend from all over the country almost every week. Guardian restaurant reviews on any place near Trafalgar Square have noted "this is a great place to go before or after a demonstration" , 

Strangely enough the visit of the Chinese President or Russian leader or an Arab Emirate or leader of  another Arab state where women are oppressed and imported workers treated like slaves, or an African despot raises barely a whimper. Millions of Muslims in China being forced into "re-education" camps may as well not exist. 

Edited by Francis Albert

25 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Edinburgh rally is tomorrow

If no social distancing like elsewhere then it will be black lives matter but our families don't 

hope they adhere to distancing 

I agreed the council should've had the baws to so no but there will have been some there just dreading being labelled racist for not allowing iit to go ahead, rather let covid get a grip again rather than be labelled racist.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Until yesterday for nearly six months WHO shared your opinion of masks. 

I think they still see international air travel as not a significant factor in spreading. But their word is gospel.

husref musemic
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You should have some sympathy for those whose hobby is protesting. They have suffered months without an Extinction Rebellion, Stop Racism Now, anti-Brexit, #Me Too, Anti-Trump etc etc march.

In London in normal times busloads descend from all over the country almost every week. Guardian restaurant reviews on any place near Trafalgar Square have noted "this is a great place to go before or after a demonstration" , 

Strangely enough the visit of the Chinese President or Russian leader or an Arab Emirate or leader of  another Arab state where women are oppressed and imported workers treated like slaves, or an African despot raises barely a whimper. Millions of Muslims in China being forced into "re-education" camps may as well not exist. 

excellent post. I noted the other day an unarmed disabled arab man was shot dead by the Israeli army. not a peep. 

5 hours ago, King prawn said:

I absolutely hate the things and if there’s no one nearby I remove it when walking through parks but walking through the city centre yesterday there wasn’t anyone without one on. What’s strange is that if you’re sat outside on a terrace having a drink you don’t have to wear one and the vast majority don’t.

Why's that strange? You're only meant to wear them indoors or on transport. 

27 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I agreed the council should've had the baws to so no but there will have been some there just dreading being labelled racist for not allowing iit to go ahead, rather let covid get a grip again rather than be labelled racist.

The council have moved it to ensure more spacing, but it really shouldn't be going ahead. Black lives will always matter, can this not wait until a time we're not in a global pandemic? 

The scenes in London were scary. Folk packed together, shoulder to shoulder. 

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The council have moved it to ensure more spacing, but it really shouldn't be going ahead. Black lives will always matter, can this not wait until a time we're not in a global pandemic? 

The scenes in London were scary. Folk packed together, shoulder to shoulder. 

I completely agree, ALL lives matter, nobody should be treated by the police as we've seen recently, no matter what colour or religion, but to protest just now is farcical. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I completely agree, ALL lives matter, nobody should be treated by the police as we've seen recently, no matter what colour or religion, but to protest just now is farcical. 

The world is bonkers.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Should be banned from all protests, that protest in London was shocking.

Does anyone know what the legal position is with regard to the proposed Protest in Edinburgh? Would the Police be within their rights to break the protest up and disperse people?

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone know what the legal position is with regard to the proposed Protest in Edinburgh? Would the Police be within their rights to break the protest up and disperse people?

Would imagine anyone not social distancing or being part of a large gathering is prone to at least a talking to.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

tear gas and rubber bullets hopefully 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Would imagine anyone not social distancing or being part of a large gathering is prone to at least a talking to.

The police will probably watch at a distance.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The police will probably watch at a distance.

They're in a bad position, thanks to the American police, over this, sad thing is that the arse hole fringe at the demo will take full advantage. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They're in a bad position, thanks to the American police, over this, sad thing is that the arse hole fringe at the demo will take full advantage. 

Spot on.

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What's the damage for impersonation of a police officer? :) Incase anyone is bored. 

Imagine if there was no rise in cases after the mass protests! Unlikely unfortunately but the last few weeks have not felt like lockdown anymore and cases are still slowing.

A test of herd immunity... 

frankblack
1 minute ago, kila said:

Imagine if there was no rise in cases after the mass protests! Unlikely unfortunately but the last few weeks have not felt like lockdown anymore and cases are still slowing.

A test of herd immunity... 

There are signs of increase in the NW of England.  With Boris and co hell-bent on lifting the lockdown regardless of scientific advice, this is not likely to get better as that increase was probably based on data a few weeks old.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic