Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's crazy. Guy on the till at the supermarket last week tells me exactly where to stand to make sure I'm 6ft away, starts swiping the items through  coughs into his hand - he's wearing gloves - then continues to swipe the shopping through😮

Jesus . I would just walked. That is disgusting. Im still pissed off at that woman coughing as well.  Just shows you that you need to be so vigilant outside if your approaching people or they are approaching you. Cant really let your guard down. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ireland moving into phase 2 on Monday, up to 8 able to meet indoors, 15 allowed to play sports. 15th June shops open, 29th June pubs and restaurants can open as long as good is served.

On a side note, I went to the recycling centre today fearing a long wait and it was dead.

England, Scotland, Wales and NI report more virus deaths

Another 123 people have died in hospitals in England after testing positive for coronavirus, bringing the total in the nation to 27,282.

Of the 123 new deaths:

19 occurred on 4 June

50 occurred on 3 June

23 occurred on 2 June

seven occurred on 1 June

The figures also show 19 of the new deaths took place in May, four occurred in April, and the remaining one death took place on 25 March.

Meanwhile, 14 more people have died in Scotland after testing positive for coronavirus, bringing the total there to 2,409.

Public Health Wales has announced four more people have died in Wales after testing positive for coronavirus, bringing the total there to 1,383.

And Northern Ireland's Department of Health has reported one further Covid-19-related death in Northern Ireland, bringing its total to 536.

BBC

6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

357 more deaths in all settings and the R rate is above 1 in the NW and the SW. 

The NW have seen to be struggling for  a while......  

2 minutes ago, hueyview said:

The NW have seen to be struggling for  a while......  

I am still of the opinion we are easing things to quickly. The control systems just aren’t there yet or running properly. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I am still of the opinion we are easing things to quickly. The control systems just aren’t there yet or running properly. 

But estimated daily community infections, outwith care homes, in England down to 39k a week from 56k. 1 in 1000 estimated to be infected at any time, compared to 1 in 400 a couple of weeks ago. So moving in the right direction I hope

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's crazy. Guy on the till at the supermarket last week tells me exactly where to stand to make sure I'm 6ft away, starts swiping the items through  coughs into his hand - he's wearing gloves - then continues to swipe the shopping through😮

That’s one of the things that is making me laugh an all. People going round shops or whatever with their gloves on touching stuff etc then probably touching their clothes and then home and mask and daft wee gloves off then touch all the stuff that was getting touched by literally dozens of people and then touching their faces etc. Or getting home deliveries from Chinese whatever that’s getting touched left right and centre and delivered to the door. It is impossible to live this way we’ll all go insane. 
There’s going to be people with mental levels of OCD after this. 

Over 2000 tests in Scotland and only about 1% coming back as positive. 

995 in hospital - down a whopping 221 from a week ago.

23 in ICU - 17 less than a week ago. 

Awful for the people affected by this but those numbers are really encouraging.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But estimated daily community infections, outwith care homes, in England down to 39k a week from 56k. 1 in 1000 estimated to be infected at any time, compared to 1 in 400 a couple of weeks ago. So moving in the right direction I hope

Yes moving in the right direction....  But still some understandable fears.  Will take time for folk to regain carefree confidence...

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Personally, I prefer to judge by the confirmed cases, not the confirmed + suspected cases.

Even then, the stats for confirmed cases are:

676 in hospital overall - down 93 from a week ago.

16 in ICU - down 9 from a week ago.

So, less dramatic, but still encouraging.

11 minutes ago, Shanks said:

We seem to be better at sorting it than the other countries in the UK. 
Im not Sturgeons biggest fan but she is handling this better than Bumbling Boris. Qudos to Sturgeon 👍

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Will take time for folk to regain carefree confidence...

Not this cat.

Raring to go.

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m the same. If someone wants to spend the rest of their life in the house avoiding people or wearing a Chernobyl style bio-suit for going out then crack on👍🏼
Another good point is the hay fever, people will literally shit bricks if you’re sneezing and coughing now. The world can’t function with all this fear. I know there will be some people probably delighted if there is another spike so they can throw loads of blame around again but that’s not for me either. I know how frustrating this is and I don’t blame people for breaking some of the lockdown I’ve been guilty myself. 
I was cracking up. 

I really dont see this fear you mention .Maybe its living in a village but i just see folk going about pretty much as normal now.Shops are a bit weird you wait outside in a queuing system go inside and nobody seems to know how to follow the markings round the shop 😂 but thats about it now really.Wont lie i was ultra worried and paranoid at the start but more for the wife and bairn.I still do everything im meant to do though.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Personally, I prefer to judge by the confirmed cases, not the confirmed + suspected cases.

Agreed, whatever way we look at it things are looking much much brighter here now.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

We seem to be better at sorting it than the other countries in the UK. 
Im not Sturgeons biggest fan but she is handling this better than Bumbling Boris. Qudos to Sturgeon 👍

She certainly is, and we seem to be handling the crisis better than England, but I would say that we are on a par with Wales (as far as deaths are concerned, which for me is the key statistic), while Northern Ireland has been doing better.

Scotland: 2,852 infections per 1m; 441 deaths per 1m pop

Northern Ireland: 2,538 infections; 285 deaths

Wales 4,561 infections; 441 deaths

England 2,756 infections; 642 deaths

Data taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s one of the things that is making me laugh an all. People going round shops or whatever with their gloves on touching stuff etc then probably touching their clothes and then home and mask and daft wee gloves off then touch all the stuff that was getting touched by literally dozens of people and then touching their faces etc. Or getting home deliveries from Chinese whatever that’s getting touched left right and centre and delivered to the door. It is impossible to live this way we’ll all go insane. 
There’s going to be people with mental levels of OCD after this. 

I am one of those dafties who wear gloves ! Makes me feel less anxious and prevents me uncounsically from touching my face. Ill pick up items in a shop etc then when home take them off. If i get a carry out ill put gloves up to empty the boxes etc into a plate. Nowt wrong with that I feel. Only sensible. I was anxious a while back about getting carry out food but as it might be on that but evidence states its hardly if it all transmittable on food. Like you said the levels of OCD will be huge after this. 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

She certainly is, and we seem to be handling the crisis better than England, but I would say that we are on a par with Wales (as far as deaths are concerned, which for me is the key statistic), while Northern Ireland has been doing better.

Scotland: 2,852 infections per 1m; 441 deaths per 1m pop

Northern Ireland: 2,538 infections; 285 deaths

Wales 4,561 infections; 441 deaths

England 2,756 infections; 642 deaths

Data taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

The travellingtabby is a good site. I’d never heard of until you started quoting it. Thanks 👍

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes im a  stats person and always have been.  Even from the beginning of it all i took comfort from the stats about the likelihood of catching it never mind dying from it.  These stats are very encouraging. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I really dont see this fear you mention .Maybe its living in a village but i just see folk going about pretty much as normal now.Shops are a bit weird you wait outside in a queuing system go inside and nobody seems to know how to follow the markings round the shop 😂 but thats about it now really.Wont lie i was ultra worried and paranoid at the start but more for the wife and bairn.I still do everything im meant to do though.

Having people there would help I’m sure. I live myself. I’m self employed. I didn’t earn a shilling for 6-7 weeks and my phone didn’t ring for obvious reasons but not a great time. I didn’t see my kid or friends or my mum and dad really either and spent a lot of days on my own. I like my social life and I’m out all the time normally. Being cooped up done me no good. 
Aye there’s a queue system to get into shops but people all freaking out cos some people went to the beach or whatever is plenty proof of fear. It’s not everyone of course but it’s there and people wearing masks and expecting you to do the same is evidence of fear. I’ve had people going right out for their way to avoid me. 
Im not having a pop at anyone but imagine this vaccine never comes or doesn’t come for a few years? This shit for all that time?

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

The travellingtabby is a good site. I’d never heard of until you started quoting it. Thanks 👍

No problems, DB. It's very useful, isn't it. It takes the guy, a student named John, 2-3 hours each day to work on it and update the data. I don't think he realised what a commitment it would be when he started, but he's stuck with it for 3 months now.  I've thrown a couple of coffees his way with the donation button on the site - would recommend this to anyone else who finds it useful.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Having people there would help I’m sure. I live myself. I’m self employed. I didn’t earn a shilling for 6-7 weeks and my phone didn’t ring for obvious reasons but not a great time. I didn’t see my kid or friends or my mum and dad really either and spent a lot of days on my own. I like my social life and I’m out all the time normally. Being cooped up done me no good. 
Aye there’s a queue system to get into shops but people all freaking out cos some people went to the beach or whatever is plenty proof of fear. It’s not everyone of course but it’s there and people wearing masks and expecting you to do the same is evidence of fear. I’ve had people going right out for their way to avoid me. 
Im not having a pop at anyone but imagine this vaccine never comes or doesn’t come for a few years? This shit for all that time?

Blood hell, thats rough mate, stick in.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Blood hell, thats rough mate, stick in.

Cheers mate. Things have eased and I’ve started picking up work again, I think that was the worst thing for me personally. I got into that bad cycle of really late nights and getting up late and most of the time drinking too much. It didn’t do a lot for my head tbh and ill admit to breaking lockdown weeks ago personally. I just couldn’t hack it anymore. 

Being back at work, being able to play golf with a mate or two now and I hope it keeps up. 
Miss the JT’s an all. Big time :lol: 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Cheers mate. Things have eased and I’ve started picking up work again, I think that was the worst thing for me personally. I got into that bad cycle of really late nights and getting up late and most of the time drinking too much. It didn’t do a lot for my head tbh and ill admit to breaking lockdown weeks ago personally. I just couldn’t hack it anymore. 

Being back at work, being able to play golf with a mate or two now and I hope it keeps up. 
Miss the JT’s an all. Big time :lol: 

I get absolutely where you're coming from, my son face times some of his mates, some of them live in a couple of towns around where we live, poor buggers haven't been over the door fo 11 weeks, must be absolute purgatory for them. It, and I'm in way trying to rub anyones nose in it, really sinks in to me how lucky my family and I are to live where we do.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I get absolutely where you're coming from, my son face times some of his mates, some of them live in a couple of towns around where we live, poor buggers haven't been over the door fo 11 weeks, must be absolute purgatory for them. It, and I'm in way trying to rub anyones nose in it, really sinks in to me how lucky my family and I are to live where we do.

My nephews have been the same. I don’t know how they’ve not all freaked out tbh. 
Everybody has been great for the most part in this and I just hope to god it’s the start of life going back to normal. 
Appreciate the message too man👍🏼

Chief Nurse been pulled from tonight’s briefing. Nothing suspicious, move along nothing to see!😂

I reckon she was going to dish the dirty and not tow the party line.

No medical or science input at the last two briefings.    Certain figures looking rather shaky,   with very little they can do a damn thing about it.

They are arseholing it.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No medical or science input at the last two briefings.    Certain figures looking rather shaky,   with very little they can do a damn thing about it.

They are arseholing it.

What’s become apparent is the medical and science experts have openly disagreeing with the government at these briefings. They are shooting holes in what the ministers are saying.  
I suspect there’s a war going on behind the scenes. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

What’s become apparent is the medical and science experts have openly disagreeing with the government at these briefings. They are shooting holes in what the ministers are saying.  
I suspect there’s a war going on behind the scenes. 

Aside from having a really good trace and isolate system,   there's very little they can do to reverse things.     Allowing the lockdown to unlock itself is done.    No way back on that.    

Come down hard on the trace and isolate system.    No further easing.    Fail on these and it looks grim again.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aside from having a really good trace and isolate system,   there's very little they can do to reverse things.     Allowing the lockdown to unlock itself is done.    No way back on that.    

Come down hard on the trace and isolate system.    No further easing.    Fail on these and it looks grim again.

If the death toll rises sharply I think another lockdown would be tolerated followed by the exit of Bumbling Boris from Downing Street. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I have always said on here that i thought this would be much harder for others than it was for me so im sorry if i was preaching a bit as i certainly didn't mean to.Maybe the folk i am seeing are actually a little fearful and i have become oblivious to it now i dont know.

Things are getting better though its not all doom and gloom and i hope you have been able to see your kid and parents ( i still cant get to see my mum as she lives over in Fife now and is 76 and shielding ).

As for face masks i wont preach about them as you say you dont use public transport anyway so it doesn't concern you anyway.

Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I have always said on here that i thought this would be much harder than others than it was for me so im sorry if i was preaching a bit as i certainly didn't mean to.Maybe the folk i am seeing are actually a little fearful and i have become oblivious to it now i dont know.

Things are getting better though its not all doom and gloom and i hope you have been able to see your kid and parents ( i still cant get to see my mum as she lives over in Fife now and is 76 and shielding ).

As for face masks i wont preach about them as you say you dont use public transport anyway so it doesn't concern you anyway.

Didn’t take it as preaching bud youre good and entitled to your opinions.  
Things are getting better and I hope it continues for us all👍🏼

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

If the death toll rises sharply I think another lockdown would be tolerated followed by the exit of Bumbling Boris from Downing Street. 

We'll know before the death toll rises.    The new hospital admissions will show the true picture.    It's already threatening to rise.

Meanwhile,   we're told the ONS prevalence surveillance says that prevalence has halved,   but those figures lag a bit.

Real time stats look dodgy.    Wheel out a time lagging stat that looks good.     They must think the public are morons.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Lockdowns are done. It was a blunt instrument which possibly served a short term purpose but we won't be going back to that. Any second "waves" will be localised pockets of cases that can be nipped in the bud. The virus had been circulating well before we or China realised it and we simply weren't prepared for it. If it does reapoear in the winter, rather than mutates and disappears, it will not have the affect it did in Feb/Mar

All this week the narrative has been "never mind what the science says, get your arses back to work".

They're now wilfully ignoring the science and putting money ahead of lives.

But then that's the Tories for you.

vegas-voss
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Didn’t take it as preaching bud youre good and entitled to your opinions.  
Things are getting better and I hope it continues for us all👍🏼

👍

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

A family member of mine is a fashion designer and shes making hay while the sun shines with this. Has had loads of interest. I am getting my maroon face masks next week

Ask them to get in touch with the club.

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

All this week the narrative has been "never mind what the science says, get your arses back to work".

They're now wilfully ignoring the science and putting money ahead of lives.

But then that's the Tories for you.

Yes, but what do we do if it stays like that? Just another week, another month or so?

If we keep social distancing and have high levels sanitation surely more people can get back to work.  The working public are not stupid, they do have common sense.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Single people living alone, those in flats with family and teenagers were always going to struggle more with this situation, it is not easy.

I am glad that in Scotland, because it is where I live, the focus is more on social relaxing than on work. We need to get people happy again as fast as we can.

I miss going to the football so much, we need it back and I'll hate it if we can't go mental with total strangers when we score in a big game, but that might take a bit of time to get to.

Defo bud. 

59 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Lockdowns are done. It was a blunt instrument which possibly served a short term purpose but we won't be going back to that. Any second "waves" will be localised pockets of cases that can be nipped in the bud. 

Exactly.

People say it is all about the economy, well yes, that and society as a whole. We can get back to the NHS functioning as it should, Schools and Universities not relying solely on home learning. The self employed given the chance to earn. It is very easy for those working from home on full pay to say "well lets give it another few weeks".

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Still think you should be willing to wear a mask just now though 😉😀

:tlj:

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Obviously I didn't mean right now, I mean it depends what you are doing, but where advice says you should then I think we all should.

Haha I know mate. Have a good weekend👍🏼

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask them to get in touch with the club.

I will .  Never thought about that. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, westbow said:

Exactly.

People say it is all about the economy, well yes, that and society as a whole. We can get back to the NHS functioning as it should, Schools and Universities not relying solely on home learning. The self employed given the chance to earn. It is very easy for those working from home on full pay to say "well lets give it another few weeks".

Cant get the nhs back to where it should be. Lots of operations cannot be carried out due to the amount of ppe required so key ops only for some time yet(plus those not requiring any aerosol gererating procedures).

Plus government now saying if a colleague gets covid those in contact need to isolate for 14 days....simply cannot happen as not enough staff.

manaliveits105
Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

WHO many weeks behind Scottish Government ?

the WHO have not been impressive during this 

Yeah. Won't get fooled again.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic