Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

So you're very happy that Nick and others expressed their views but Rafal, because his views do not correspond with yours, should have kept silent?

:spoton:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Like Kyrgios did? Here's your comment from the Novak thread: " Kyrios and others thank you for putting your head on the parapet and not being afraid to voice you're views."

So you're very happy that Nick and others expressed their views but Rafal, because his views do not correspond with yours, should have kept silent?

Do you not see how dangerous this is in society - that you're all in favour of free speech but only as long as you agree with what folk are saying?

And all Rafal did anyway was to point out that if Novak had been vaccinated he would be playing. A straight forward indisputable fact. Why should Nadal have expanded his thoughts to say that people have a right not to be vaccinated? Perhaps Rafal doesn't actually believe that. It shows yet again that you wanted him to say what you believe in - otherwise you want his views muzzled.

Excellent post red but you’re wasting your time.

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The word facism is much overused and misused these days, especially by younger people who haven't experienced it first hand. This is most definitely one of those times.

Nucky Thompson

Me and the Mrs were always getting vaccinated anyway, but my 15 year old got it done because she loves going abroad on holiday, she's double vaxxed and raring to go :biggrin2:

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The word facism is much overused and misused these days, especially by younger people who haven't experienced it first hand. This is most definitely one of those times.

Nazi, Hitlers, fascist, stasi etc getting thrown is hideous chat it really is. People using it really should know better I agree. 
Andy Murray said much the same as Nadal when I seen his interview. 
Said he’s free to make his decisions but with those decisions are consequences.

Its not really digging Novak out imo. 

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Excellent post red but you’re wasting your time.

I know, TRM, I know.

Edit: I couldn't find a "resigned sigh" emoticon.

Edited by redjambo

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Like Kyrgios did? Here's your comment from the Novak thread: " Kyrios and others thank you for putting your head on the parapet and not being afraid to voice you're views."

Do you not see how dangerous this is in society - that you're all in favour of free speech but only as long as you agree with what folk are saying?

And all Rafal did anyway was to point out that if Novak had been vaccinated he would be playing. A straight forward indisputable fact. Why should Nadal have expanded his thoughts to say that people have a right not to be vaccinated? Perhaps Rafal doesn't actually believe that. It shows yet again that you wanted him to say what you believe in - otherwise you want his views muzzled.

😂😂 If I'm feeling down its always good to pop on here to see the latest u-turn gem. Surely he must be trolling us all. Nobody could be caught arguing with himself so many times, sometimes in the same post😂😂

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

😂😂 If I'm feeling down its always good to pop on here to see the latest u-turn gem. Surely he must be trolling us all. Nobody could be caught arguing with himself so many times, sometimes in the same post😂😂

talking about u-turns not that long again you were saying you genuinely felt sorry for this poster and were concerned for their mental health - now a source of entertainment to you

thats a u-turn 👏

but in reality :(

13 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

talking about u-turns not that long again you were saying you genuinely felt sorry for this poster and were concerned for their mental health - now a source of entertainment to you

thats a u-turn 👏

but in reality :(

I know but I honestly did think he needed to take a break for his sanity. However the more he has posted I really think he's either just trolling us or just doesn't realise what an arse he makes of himself. Either way he seems quite happy to be posting constantly and I'm now quite happy to laugh at him 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
56 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I know but I honestly did think he needed to take a break for his sanity. However the more he has posted I really think he's either just trolling us or just doesn't realise what an arse he makes of himself. Either way he seems quite happy to be posting constantly and I'm now quite happy to laugh at him 

🙄 

6 hours ago, Ked said:

Fully vaxed people are absolute scum.

Everyone forgetting about the carbon footprint?

Av bin triple jagged am gonnae continue to kill the planet maaaaannnn.

Am gonnae get a sun tan and I dont care about the tree frogs in the amazon.

Bit exaggerated but true in a way no?

Good post tbh. An exaggeration but kind of highlights the mass virtue signalling these days. 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Fully vaxed people are absolute scum.

Everyone forgetting about the carbon footprint?

Av bin triple jagged am gonnae continue to kill the planet maaaaannnn.

Am gonnae get a sun tan and I dont care about the tree frogs in the amazon.

Bit exaggerated but true in a way no?

Seemed a lot of the moaning about restrictions was folk not going on holiday. Well now they can moan about something else. 👍 I'll stay in Scotland.

Ex member of the SaS

Novak made his choice and it's his body if doesn't want vaccinated. Aus has it's rules and it's the fight between central government and tennis authorities and I would understand why they refused him entry had their draconian restrictions worked. They have had the harshest rules and the highest cases which goes along with the restrictions doesn't work. Even as we speak restrictions are being lifted yet still Sturgeon is wanting passports extended. If anyone can't see she is power mad then this surely has to be the light bulb moment. She will fight to the bitter end to keep control as she knows she has already gone too far for many and has lost too many voters to win next time.

16 hours ago, redjambo said:

Do you not see how dangerous this is in society - that you're all in favour of free speech but only as long as you agree with what folk are saying.

16 hours ago, redjambo said:

This applies to at least 95% of the posters in the shed. I find the one who preach tolerance, turn out to be the least tolerant of the lot.

jack D and coke

Instead of being remembered for being a phenomenal player he’s also going to be remembered for being an absolute tit isn’t he? 
Lauded and worshipped by conspiracy theorists and total fruitcakes. 
God bless Novak :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Wood

Pecker or Peckerwood which is a North American gammon 😀

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do none of the vaccines come in a pill form? 

they are looking in to that, come sometime, i would imagine.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Novak made his choice and it's his body if doesn't want vaccinated. Aus has it's rules and it's the fight between central government and tennis authorities and I would understand why they refused him entry had their draconian restrictions worked. They have had the harshest rules and the highest cases which goes along with the restrictions doesn't work. Even as we speak restrictions are being lifted yet still Sturgeon is wanting passports extended. If anyone can't see she is power mad then this surely has to be the light bulb moment. She will fight to the bitter end to keep control as she knows she has already gone too far for many and has lost too many voters to win next time.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I though all the figures were fake news and made up to suit a narrative for restrictions?

Or are Civid stats cool if they back up your theory?

You are all over the place with the above post, I suggest you go back and do some more research then come back on the thread. 

16 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I though all the figures were fake news and made up to suit a narrative for restrictions?

Or are Civid stats cool if they back up your theory?

You are all over the place with the above post, I suggest you go back and do some more research then come back on the thread. 

He's spot on, it's outrageous what Sturgeon is doing over in Australia. She's power mad.

Ex member of the SaS

It's you that's all over the place. I have only ever sated the figures quoting deaths within 28 days as fake news ( which it is) as for Oz they do have the tightest restrictions and high numbers of infections. I have also stated many times it matter not one jot how many catch it , it's the numbers in hospital and true death figures that count.

I’ll reply to those other comments later from a certain poster but just now I’m out and about , triple vaccinated , omicron kicked in the arse and top of the  world ma ! 😂 football the morrow too,  god bless you all 😎

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Instead of being remembered for being a phenomenal player he’s also going to be remembered for being an absolute tit isn’t he? 
Lauded and worshipped by conspiracy theorists and total fruitcakes. 
God bless Novak :lol: 

😆

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He's spot on, it's outrageous what Sturgeon is doing over in Australia. She's power mad.

Just to help you out, I voted SNP, BUT Sturgeon is power crazy and is doing the best she can to do the opposite of England.( Boris ) 

My biggest problem is who in the party could take over from her as none of the rest seem capable.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It's you that's all over the place. I have only ever sated the figures quoting deaths within 28 days as fake news ( which it is) as for Oz they do have the tightest restrictions and high numbers of infections. I have also stated many times it matter not one jot how many catch it , it's the numbers in hospital and true death figures that count.

You just said Australia had the harshest restrictions and the highest cases (both inaccurate) and that this was evidence that their restrictions didn't work. Now you're saying that cases don't matter at all. 

Which is it?

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Smithee said:

😆

TBF I do think he has the right to refuse any treatment ( that is the rules here too ) however he should have known that the Central government were going nuts with restrictions and should have ensured he had the proper paperwork to be allowed in. Whether he blames his agent or the OZ government who knows, but he should have been 100% sure before trying to get in.

The problem with sport and entitled people is they think the rules don't apply and we have seen this here too with footballers, there appears to be rules for some and not others ( anyone for a drinks party? ) 

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I do think he has the right to refuse any treatment ( that is the rules here too ) however he should have known that the Central government were going nuts with restrictions and should have ensured he had the proper paperwork to be allowed in. Whether he blames his agent or the OZ government who knows, but he should have been 100% sure before trying to get in.

The problem with sport and entitled people is they think the rules don't apply and we have seen this here too with footballers, there appears to be rules for some and not others ( anyone for a drinks party? ) 

I'm up for a work event nudge nudge

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You just said Australia had the harshest restrictions and the highest cases (both inaccurate) and that this was evidence that their restrictions didn't work. Now you're saying that cases don't matter at all. 

Which is it?

I can only say what I heard on TV that they had the tightest and highest numbers, if that is wrong then it's just another nail in the coffin of the media in this country.

You claim Oz doesn't have the harshest restrictions then who does? The media keep telling us how hard they are and this case with the tennis how hard it is to even move from state to state.

As for numbers it's the Scottish government that are using numbers to justify restrictions, I have always maintained the numbers who catch it don't count and therefore the restrictions are unjustified.

So rather that trying to twist my words ,maybe try reading what is said and if you have an alternative viewpoint then post it.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyone seen any data as to the covid infection cycle that justifies the cut in isolation to 5 days dahn sarf?

Or even how you don't need tested after coming from abroad. I would have thought travel is the highest risk of bringing further variants into the country.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyone seen any data as to the covid infection cycle that justifies the cut in isolation to 5 days dahn sarf?

It's maybe in the same place as the other side of the World, different demographic South African data :whistling:

Dennis Denuto
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I can only say what I heard on TV that they had the tightest and highest numbers, if that is wrong then it's just another nail in the coffin of the media in this country.

You claim Oz doesn't have the harshest restrictions then who does? The media keep telling us how hard they are and this case with the tennis how hard it is to even move from state to state.

As for numbers it's the Scottish government that are using numbers to justify restrictions, I have always maintained the numbers who catch it don't count and therefore the restrictions are unjustified.

So rather that trying to twist my words ,maybe try reading what is said and if you have an alternative viewpoint then post it.

It is very subjective to say who was under the most restrictions or longest lockdown - I remember seeing them enjoying a very normal looking existence in Australia when we were not locked down but still couldn't do very much at all.

The other thing to look at is they have had far lower case or death rates over the course of the pandemic than the UK or Scotland, although right now the case rate is slightly higher, but not the highest in the world, even among large countries.

Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sajid Javid said data from the UK Health Security Agency shows that "around two-thirds of positive cases are no longer infectious by the end of day five" 

I'm sure that I heard the figure of 32% mentioned as the number of people who would still be infectious at day 5, although the rate falls quickly thereafter.  With up to a third still infectious, it does look like a risk that the UK government is willing to take with the knowledge that Omicron appears to be less harmful to most people.

If the decision is misjudged and more people do get infected as a result, then you will end up with more people self isolating for 5 days and thus create a greater impact on the provision of services.

Some background from the UKHSA.

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2022/01/01/using-lateral-flow-tests-to-reduce-the-self-isolation-period/

Edited by Footballfirst

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sajid Javid said data from the UK Health Security Agency shows that "around two-thirds of positive cases are no longer infectious by the end of day five" 

I'm sure that I heard the figure of 32% mentioned as the number of people who would still be infectious at day 5, although the rate falls quickly thereafter.  With up to a third still infectious, it does look like a risk that the UK government is willing to take with the knowledge that Omicron appears to be less harmful to most people.

If the decision is misjudged and more people do get infected as a result, then you will end up with more people self isolating for 5 days and thus create a greater impact on the provision of services.

I take you need a -ve test over two days to get out on day 5 though? Which will mitigate some of the potential damage

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not directed at you at all but did they provide data or is it a 'Sajid Javid says' job?

If Sajid Javid told me it was sunny i'd pack a brolly.

Footballfirst
Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

I take you need a -ve test over two days to get out on day 5 though? Which will mitigate some of the potential damage

Yes. That is the key assurance when allowing people to end self isolation.

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's maybe in the same place as the other side of the World, different demographic South African data :whistling:

Bantz. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )