Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That Drakeford is off his head. Shutting businesses without treasury money.

It's not going to end well for the Welsh government.

Folk will just travel to England to go clubbing 

Reading this morning that Drakeford said “ there’s a storm coming” 

So now we have the words storm, tsunami and tidal wave 

Did they draw straws to see what name they would be giving to say? 

Very strange they all came out with these words a couple of days apart 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Why would they? This isn't a new article.

Its more a dig at the news this week being back to total doom and gloom and it’s pissing me off.  If it wasn’t for reading on here that hospital numbers are still low I’d never know as as they don’t like to report good news stories 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Sturgeon is back to daily TV broadcasts :muggy:

Unreal. Copying Drearyford I can guess.  Trying to pile more pressure on Boris for furlough, You know that money that us tax payers and future tax payers will need to pay back.  Her fan club wont be bothered as a load of them dont pay any taxes. Poor businesses' yet again.  She really turning people against her with this constant whingeing and heckling. 

Edited by JamesM48

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Unreal. Copying Drearyford I can guess.  Trying to pile more pressure on Boris for furlough, You know that money that us tax payers and future tax payers will need to pay back.  Her fan club wont be bothered as a load of them dont pay any taxes. Poor businesses' yet again.  She really turning people against her with this constant whingeing and heckling. 

As long as the Treasury keeps telling her to bolt, but there will be tears and snotters every day from her

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What percentage of SNP voters do you reckon don't pay any taxes?

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

As long as the Treasury keeps telling her to bolt, but there will be tears and snotters every day from her

Well heres hoping they do. He will only cave in if they provide financial assistance to England. Shes like a wee ferret constantly nipping. Its embarrassing. The worse part of it is she doesn't give a flying deck about CV . Its all political scoring really. Shes got her eye on the ball for the next Indy vote. Please Boris let her at least have that. Get it over once and for all. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What percentage of SNP voters do you reckon don't pay any taxes?

I dont know . Maybe you can tell me. Your good with stats. Im only going by the people i used to meet on Indy marches. Well some of them. So maybe its not a fair representation of them. But her bribes have certainly bought votes. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I dont know . Maybe you can tell me. Your good with stats. Im only going by the people i used to meet on Indy marches. Well some of them. So maybe its not a fair representation of them. But her bribes have certainly bought votes. 

I didn't make the comment, I figured you'd have the numbers.

If you are so concerned about poor business, why don't you want them to get financial compensation? I genuinely don't understand your stance on this.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If you are so concerned about poor business, why don't you want them to get financial compensation? I genuinely don't understand your stance on this.

Maybe she could use the underspend from the uk government money she has hidden away to compensate Scottish businesses ?

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No i dont want them closed at all. Then they wont need any financial assistance. its that simple really. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Has James ever fact checked before going on one of his anti-SNP/anti-women/anti-Scotland/pro-Union tirades? :laugh:

I think given the rabble and panic they've all chosen to stir up, it's a good thing Sturgeon is communicating often. Well done to her for that.

That said, she needs to present new information at each one, and bring actions rather than pleas. If it's not important enough to take actions then she must dial back the rhetoric.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Has James ever fact checked before going on one of his anti-SNP/anti-women/anti-Scotland/pro-Union tirades? :laugh:

Please refrain from saying I am anti women. I find it homophobic.  

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe she could use the underspend from the uk government money she has hidden away to compensate Scottish businesses ?

Nah she’s got that ear marked for another Indy ref

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Please refrain from saying I am anti women. I find it homophobic.  

You don't talk positively about them much and this isn't a homophobic dig. You even left a comment on the Hearts Women thread about how you got invited but didn't want to go and watch women :laugh: Was that comment even needed? No, but you just can't help yourself sometimes.

Anyway I'll leave you to go back to slagging off our female First Minister while talking up Boris and his chums.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

lol 

See, that I just can't agree with. She must work within the constraints she has. It's hard and it's difficult but without independence it is what it is. The only people who can change that are the people of Scotland. So far they haven't done so. As such, the above tweet is nothing but sloped shoulders passin of the buck.

The only people killing Scottish businesses are other Scottish people. On a micro level there's nothing to stop them going and spending at them currently. On a macro level they could have voted for independence (which they ((we at the time)) should have done)

Edited by Taffin

Wonder where all the money went the SNP got during the pandemic. Not a chance it was all passed onto businesses. Why don't they use some of the £350m they have set aside for an independence campaign? These statements from her are opportunities for her to moan and blame Westminster. Everyone can see through this now. She has stirred up all the panic and is responsible for the demise of the hospitality industry. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

See, that I just can't agree with. She must work within the constraints she has. It's hard and it's difficult but without independence it is what it is. The only people who can change that are the people of Scotland. So far they haven't done so. As such, the above tweet is nothing but sloped shoulders passin of the buck.

It England needs it, it will be brought back in in a jiffy. When Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland need it, they are told to GTF. As evidenced previously in the pandemic. This is supposed to be a union.

Maroon Sailor
48 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see Sturgeon is back to daily TV broadcasts :muggy:

Oh F F S

She makes Grinch seem like the laughing policeman

Edited by Maroon Sailor

It England needs it, it will be brought back in in a jiffy. When Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland need it, they are told to GTF. As evidenced previously in the pandemic. This is supposed to be a union.

It's a democracy. It's only right that as soon as the majority need something, it will be looked at in more detail. Whilst it's a minority, it shouldn't be considered.

Not sure what England have to do with this though. We can still go out and support our English businesses, as the Scottish residents can do with theirs.

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, kila said:

You don't talk positively about them much and this isn't a homophobic dig. You even left a comment on the Hearts Women thread about how you got invited but didn't want to go and watch women :laugh: Was that comment even needed? No, but you just can't help yourself sometimes.

Anyway I'll leave you to go back to slagging off our female First Minister while talking up Boris and his chums.

Stop trying to worm yourself out of it. You were offensive simple as that. I was offended. Its a horrible pathetic stereotype and insulting. Yes I did not go and watch the women football team as I think the mens  football is competitive and more entertaining. Plus it was a cold night so couldn't be arsed.   . That's not misogynist . Its my opinion. I think you will find I often slate Boris . I'm sure if we had had a male FM at this time he would have got the same treatment from me.  I just made barbed comments about Drakeford too. Anyway I'm not having to prove that I am anti women. 

A good summary 

"The reason some people say this is because they are ignorant, and they think we “become” gay because we hate women. Both parts of this statement are obviously wrong:

1. People don't “become” gay, it's not a choice or something one decides, and certainly not motivated by hate for women.
  2. Not being sexually and/or romantically attracted to women doesn't mean we can't love them in other ways. Most gay men have female family members and friends whom they love.

I’ve met a (very) few gay men who were misogynistic, but I would say the proportion is lower than among straight men.

So, don't listen to stupid people.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Its a spoof account mate. Check his name. its being ironic. sorry i should have pointed it out. 

Does Scotland currently need it and England doesn’t  ? Nothing to add on the underspend on covid money ?

Its a spoof account mate. Check his name. its being ironic. sorry i should have pointed it out. 

Quite worrying that spoof and reality are so close, as can be mistaken as the same 😂😂

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Wonder where all the money went the SNP got during the pandemic. Not a chance it was all passed onto businesses. Why don't they use some of the £350m they have set aside for an independence campaign? These statements from her are opportunities for her to moan and blame Westminster. Everyone can see through this now. She has stirred up all the panic and is responsible for the demise of the hospitality industry. 

Agreed .Well said. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Quite worrying that spoof and reality are so close, as can be mistaken as the same 😂😂

Thats the beauty of those accounts. :) 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop trying to worm yourself out of it. You were offensive simple as that. I was offended. Its a horrible pathetic stereotype and insulting. Yes I did not go and watch the women football team as I think the mens  football is competitive and more entertaining. Plus it was a cold night so couldn't be arsed.   . That's not misogynist . Its my opinion. I think you will find I often slate Boris . I'm sure if we had had a male FM at this time he would have got the same treatment from me.  I just made barbed comments about Drakeford too. Anyway I'm not having to prove that I am anti women. 

A good summary 

"The reason some people say this is because they are ignorant, and they think we “become” gay because we hate women. Both parts of this statement are obviously wrong:

1. People don't “become” gay, it's not a choice or something one decides, and certainly not motivated by hate for women.
  2. Not being sexually and/or romantically attracted to women doesn't mean we can't love them in other ways. Most gay men have female family members and friends whom they love.

I’ve met a (very) few gay men who were misogynistic, but I would say the proportion is lower than among straight men.

Shocking that some people still need to be told this.

A good summary 

I don't think he was saying it because you're gay to be honest. Certainly none of the gay guys I know hate women. Paradoxically quite a lot of straight guys seem to though. "only good for a pump, should stay in the bloody kitchen" types.

15 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Nah she’s got that ear marked for another Indy ref

That’s okay then, I though the Murrells were topping up the pension. 

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Shocking that some people still need to be told this.

I know. I saddens me really . 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's a democracy. It's only right that as soon as the majority need something, it will be looked at in more detail. Whilst it's a minority, it shouldn't be considered.

Not sure what England have to do with this though. We can still go out and support our English businesses, as the Scottish residents can do with theirs.

Its Coz the English are all ***** 😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A good summary 

So because you're gay you're immune from being criticised for your previous posts about women? Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't think he was saying it because you're gay to be honest. Certainly none of the gay guys I know hate women. Paradoxically quite a lot of straight guys seem to though. "only good for a pump, should stay in the bloody kitchen" types.

Your not gay so you cant really know how a gay person may take that type of comment. its offensive and it was homophobic. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Its Coz the English are all ***** 😂

Not all of them, but some are. Then again, si are some Scots.

1 minute ago, kila said:

So because you're gay you're immune from being criticised for your previous posts about women? Gotcha.

I think you should just stop now , Your digging a bigger hole for yourself really. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )