• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Another medical expert it seems .

John said: 'He was an intelligent man. Had he been vaccinated, he would probably still be here'

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Nope.

OK explain in simple English that the man on the Clapham omnibus  could understand  I have a science degree and could make no sense of it. Of course I admit that may be the fault of my education!

28 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

That has the whiff of utter shite. 

The thing that jumped out at me was, he was fit, yet he never went out and only went as far as the bins.

He may have worked out like crazy in the house, but even then, there is only so much you can do in the house.

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

oh Christ no :facepalm:

Nathan Evans the sea shanty postie has brought another song for New Year 

as if things weren’t bad enough 

Ffs. Bet LadBaby has something coming out too! Although his are for charity

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are kidding? 

PCR testing is used much more widely than Covid.  It is basically a mechanism to produce a DNA profile from a sample (such as that taken from your throat or nose).

It is used to identify a number of diseases, genetic fingerprinting, forensics etc.

The results are usually in the form of a series of coloured bands, which show the presence or absence of gene types. Those results can identify the presence of a virus, or similar patterns can identify related individuals. 

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Another medical expert it seems .

John said: 'He was an intelligent man. Had he been vaccinated, he would probably still be here'

Oxymoron and a half there

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Francis Albert said:

OK explain in simple English that the man on the Clapham omnibus  could understand  I have a science degree and could make no sense of it. Of course I admit that may be the fault of my education!

There are currently two variants of the Covid doing the rounds, Delta and Omicron.  During the PCR test there is a thing that is detected in some variants called S-gene dropout, not all variants have this only some. Delta does not have this dropout, Omicron does.

So if a PCR Test at the moment comes back with S-Gene drop out it it is assumed it is Omicron rather than Delta.

Now to make sure there are not other variants of concern out there muddying the picture a sample of the PCR tests are sent for full genetic testing, this is where we get the much lower figure of Confirmed Omicron.

21 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

If everyone stopped getting tested, doing the track and trace we’d be breezing through this. 

stop testing 👍

Yep. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Type that into google, loads of articles and reports will appear, not sure what exactly you are looking for but if it has been published it's not difficult to find the answers

I don't need to Google. I know that tens of not hundreds  of millions die every year from diseases that could be avoided at minimal cost certainly per head compared to gearing up the rich nations to cope with occasional pandemics. 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There are currently two variants of the Covid doing the rounds, Delta and Omicron.  During the PCR test there is a thing that is detected in some variants called S-gene dropout, not all variants have this only some. Delta does not have this dropout, Omicron does.

So if a PCR Test at the moment comes back with S-Gene drop out it it is assumed it is Omicron rather than Delta.

Now to make sure there are not other variants of concern out there muddying the picture a sample of the PCR tests are sent for full genetic testing, this is where we get the much lower figure of Confirmed Omicron.

Thanks. That is certainly clearer than the government statement I was referring to. Clearer but ...

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't need to Google. I know that tens of not hundreds  of millions die every year from diseases that could be avoided at minimal cost certainly per head compared to gearing up the rich nations to cope with occasional pandemics. 

It's not mutually exclusive though is it, if the will was there then all these health issues around the globe and at home could get funded. 

Start by solving poverty would raise the health outcomes for many in the UK and EU. Further afield there is sometimes complex political issues in the way but there still simple hits that could be done, if those with the cash wanted to do it.

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. That is certainly clearer than the government statement I was referring to. Clearer but ...

What is there that you still don't understand?

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL she needs to give it  a rest. She's at it yet again. 

FGvrgE2XsAQFRLZ.jpg

Im a fence sitter when it comes to independence but shit like this puts me in the independence camp.

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Im a fence sitter when it comes to independence but shit like this puts me in the independence camp.

and it makes me turn the other way funnily enough. 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

I see the itv news are back in hospitals reporting all the doom and gloom again. 

If only people would stop dying.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It is certainly a long thread of tweets. Of which the conclusion seems to be we don't 

know but wear masks just in case. A principle that can surely be widely extended to stop or make everyone doing almost anything

Well from reading it my take away way that it's hard to get a definitive answer from RCT studies but 2 case control studies and observational studies did show that masks helped to reduce spread of infection.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

What is there that you still don't understand?

My question was on behalf of me and the man on the Clapham omnibus. If you think your admittedly  clearer explanation is a complete and fully comprehensible answer you haven't been on a Clapham ommibus. Nor obviously have met me.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

How many Omicron deaths so far?

Deaths were only focus when it suited a few months back. Now we are on percentage of cases that are Omicron, regardless of how strong the symptoms actually are.

You need to be quicker FA.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Because you don’t like what I say does not give you right to call me names 

Not so much what you say but how you say it. 99% of your posts appear to be pure trolling. 

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its mostly the unvaccinated who are getting seriously ill and  dying so it has the whiff of truth. 

Perfectly reasonable Mikey. But it’s amusing that normally on here anything referenced by a Daily Mail article is met with ridicule and the relevant emoji’s. I welcome the change. 

:smiliz19:

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It's not mutually exclusive though is it, if the will was there then all these health issues around the globe and at home could get funded. 

Start by solving poverty would raise the health outcomes for many in the UK and EU. Further afield there is sometimes complex political issues in the way but there still simple hits that could be done, if those with the cash wanted to do it.

Sorry but that is just staggeringly simplistic. Just start by solving poverty! 

16 minutes ago, theshed said:

I see the itv news are back in hospitals reporting all the doom and gloom again. 

Yeah i saw that . I just" turned the telly over "as we used to say. 

15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah terrible isnt it. cancer deaths , heart conditions, lung conditions.  those bloody deads 

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many Omicron deaths so far?

1 apparently 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Deaths were only focus when it suited a few months back. Now we are on percentage of cases that are Omicron, regardless of how strong the symptoms actually are.

You need to be quicker FA.

Yes why isnt Sturgeon reminded of the daily stats. Wasn't that long ago she couldn't wait to be out every day ..." im happy to report there were no deaths" 

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

If only SG hadn't wasted our money on influencers and donations during COP 26. 

22 minutes ago, theshed said:

I watched that and the thing that stood out was that the people in there with Omicron had other conditions.  Let’s hope they pull through and the other conditions don’t take them as it will be counted as a covid death. I’m genuine when say I hope they pull through.

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, theshed said:

They have 3 omicron cases that were admitted for other things

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Been happening since start of time. It's part of the problem, the desperation to extend life.

People in 80's and 90's die, it happens. It's not nice, but it happens. People of all ages die, it happens. It's not nice but it happens.

Used to be people had 'had a good innings if they got to mid 80's. Now it's national tragedy if someone in 90's dies, even if their quality of life is shit.

Not that our governments really care about people dying, or they wouldn't start wars, allow poverty to exist, allow mistreatment of kids and stand back and watch drug deaths occurring while they waste money on vanity projects such as trams, cycle lanes and others when health and education are falling apart.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Victorian said:

Unvaccinated rate in London is 30% according to Prof. Christina Pagel.

😳

If they haven't taken it by now, chances are they ain't ever going to take it. Their choice. Unless medically unable to have vaccine, don't see why anyone should feel sorry for them if they catch virus though, as it is their own stupidity that has assisted in them catching it.

The govt could of course, offer £100 if vaccine is taken. I assume that's been considered and decision that it was unworkable/unpalatable was taken. 

Be interesting though to see how the anti-vaxers reacted to offer.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The endgame question is very easy.  Finally reaching the endemic era with secure mitigations in place.  The scientists talk about a pandemic phase and an endemic phase.  We're in the pandemic phase and hopefully on the boundary of the endemic.  More hopefully seeing what the endemic phase looks like.

Mitigations against risk :

New and vastly improved protocols and strategies regarding how to handle a resurgence.

Worldwide cooperation regarding vaccine design,  production,  distribution,  security of access.

New vaccine design to produce polyvalent and/or universal vaccines.  Design of vaccines of long term protection.  Design of oral pills,  inhaler form and any others forms.

Range of therapeutics identified and systems readied to provide rapid production and distribution.

Investment in critical care infrastructure.  Ventilators and other oxygen delivery devices.  Rapid procurement,  retained premises to accomodate field hospitals to separate epidemic virus care and routine care.  Investment in fundamentally greater numbers of health professionals.  Retain additional workforce on a reservist basis.

In short,  manage until it settles down and get the finger out their holes.

Your definition of very easy and mine is wildly different 😳

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

😳

It would appear that London has even more arseholes than kickback. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

😳

It might come back to haunt them.

If you can catch this new variant by only putting stuff in your bins, then there's no place for them to hide :whistling:

Feck them

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not possible.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Having visited London throughout my working life, that is a very safe and fair assumption.

Loads of good folk as well though.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Been happening since start of time. It's part of the problem, the desperation to extend life.

People in 80's and 90's die, it happens. It's not nice, but it happens. People of all ages die, it happens. It's not nice but it happens.

Used to be people had 'had a good innings if they got to mid 80's. Now it's national tragedy if someone in 90's dies, even if their quality of life is shit.

Not that our governments really care about people dying, or they wouldn't start wars, allow poverty to exist, allow mistreatment of kids and stand back and watch drug deaths occurring while they waste money on vanity projects such as trams, cycle lanes and others when health and education are falling apart.

Great post. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If they haven't taken it by now, chances are they ain't ever going to take it. Their choice. Unless medically unable to have vaccine, don't see why anyone should feel sorry for them if they catch virus though, as it is their own stupidity that has assisted in them catching it.

The govt could of course, offer £100 if vaccine is taken. I assume that's been considered and decision that it was unworkable/unpalatable was taken. 

Be interesting though to see how the anti-vaxers reacted to offer.

Not so great. Maybe those 30% are the fit and healthy people who dont need it ?  I know the UK is a nation of slobs but there are some fit people about apparently. As ive said time and again its still the higher age group with multiple co morbidities being hospitalised and dying. 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If Covid has taught me one thing, it's that per 100k of population is the key...and I reckon Kickback has it by a nose still

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Great post. 

Not so great. Maybe those 30% are the fit and healthy people who dont need it ?  I know the UK is a nation of slobs but there are some fit people about apparently. As ive said time and again its still the higher age group with multiple co morbidities being hospitalised and dying. 

You must be pretty positive to believe that it is entirely the fit and healthy 30% of people who haven't been vaccinated. Of course some will be there, but it is reported that it is the BAME population that is avoiding vaccine as well as the poorer communities.

That's why I said offer £100. Might change some folks minds. Bribery I know, but if they're desperate to boost take up, it's worth considering. Would even save money in long term (maybe).

1 hour ago, Steak said:

Ffs. Bet LadBaby has something coming out too! Although his are for charity

he does aye. He's doing an effort with Ed Sheeran and Elton this year.

49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not so much what you say but how you say it. 99% of your posts appear to be pure trolling. 

I don’t agree

That 30% could be something like 1.5m to 2m adults.  Getting on for 30% to 40% of all UK adults not vaccinated.  Leaving approximately 3m to 3.5m unvaccinated adults of the remaining 48m to 50m UK adults outside of London.  Maybe a rough 6% to 7% rate.

The Mighty Thor
36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Having visited London throughout my working life, that is a very safe and fair assumption.

Loads of good folk as well though.

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If Covid has taught me one thing, it's that per 100k of population is the key...and I reckon Kickback has it by a nose still

The good people of London lack the commitment and sheer indefatigability to attain the levels of aresholery shown by the stalwarts of Kickback.

Nearly 20 years of posting unadulterated pish :smugger:

Francis Albert
51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agree with you on death. I am now pretty close to the traditional three score years and ten and still think it is a good innings. Have no real eagerness to live into my 80s or 90s. It rarely seems to be much fun. The most frightening images for me during Covid  have been of care homes with the inmates dancing with their carers.

On your last paragraph however governments will never eliminate the things you list. They could do more if we voted for reducing those evils but they will like death always be with us.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )