Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor

so less than 24 hours later from Spaffer's pre-recorded message the Dept of Health have had to back pedal and say that people under 30 will be OFFERED the jab not necessarily given the jab.

Big. Broad. Shoulders.

:tlj:

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How the hell has Sturgeon managed that?

Same way that if you have a free bar, eventually the booze will run out.  We have been supplying in excess of demand for 21 months.  People have stockpiled.

More endless 'free' shit from the magical fairies in government land.

I have not had one government one but I have ones from work.  I like many, have boxes spare in my gaff.

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Plenty in chemists / pharmacies 

Yep just flood chemists unnecessarily when they should be able to order online 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Having seen Chinese cars, construction, plumbing and electrics up close, I can confirm that China is good at making things a bit shit.

TBF got a new heater for my fish tank, has a monitoring digital display, made in china, working to within 0.5 Celcius,

best heater ive had. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Working on scaffolding in mid winter - that is a gruelling job.  Sitting in a warm classroom with a bunch of rugrats is not.

You could've just shortened your latest rant to this extent. 

I never said anything about a "gruelling job" so I've no idea WTF you're raving about now.

What a bitter, angry , jealous , ill-informed, petty minded man. 

14 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Government have run out of lateral flow tests. 

That’s what happens when you turn the nation into hypochondriacs 

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

For anyone that’s had a PCR, how long did it take for your results to come back?

I’ve done LFTs Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, all negative but got pinged this morning as a close contact. 

47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It was probably a 97 year old chain smoking obese man who fell off a ladder.

Or maybe a scaffolder. Be careful out there. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

They are fairly ramping up the fear factor for this one! 

Certainly are . Best to Ignore . It’s basically an underhand way to get the booster vaccine up to speed . 

2 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

For anyone that’s had a PCR, how long did it take for your results to come back?

I’ve done LFTs Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, all negative but got pinged this morning as a close contact. 

Get tested today and you should get results back Tom it if you want just ignore the ping 

4 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

The only time i did one I didnt even get the results back , until I harrassed them about 5 days later 

Edited by JamesM48

45 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Supply teachers had a retention payment system very similar to furlough but more generous than that offered to others.

That's nothing to do with what iHate is ranting about. 

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
Just now, theshed said:

Get tested today and you should get results back Tom it if you want just ignore the ping 

I’ve been for the test. Just wondered if anyone ever got same day results or was it 1-2 days later? 

4 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I've had two recently pal, both back within 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The only time i did one I didnt even get the results back , until I harrassed them about 5 days later 

You just lie constantly. You need help. 

1 minute ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I’ve been for the test. Just wondered if anyone ever got same day results or was it 1-2 days later? 

Both my appointments were on 10am on a Monday and I had the results back early on Tuesday morning. 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

You just lie constantly. You need help. 

It’s not a lie . Your just so negative constantly . You need help . Must br draining 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Always been the next day for my family and sometimes its there before you get up in the morning

It’s not a lie . Your just so negative constantly . You need help . Must br draining 

I think most of your stuff is either lies or attention seeking posion. You're not right. 

Dennis Denuto

How is he being negative when saying it will be back early the next day but you are being positive when moaning about how it took five days and the system is crap and they are scaremongering and jabs aren't needed but they are too slow as well and the governments are all crap/liars/corrupt/totalitarian/etc etc etc.

You literally moan about everything on this thread

14 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Next day (less than 24 hours) for me. This was the testing centre at Edinburgh Airport back in May.

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I think most of your stuff is either lies or attention seeking posion. You're not right. 

Lol 😂 

0C2F6ADB-184D-40B6-A7DD-80C92122416B.gif

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I think we all know it is. Very easy to lie online when it's the odd fib, but so obvious when it's constant pish.

I find it quite entertaining and just consider him to be a parody account of sorts.

49 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Colleagues like you, Alex, if I'm being honest.

Reveal hidden contents

:notsure:

It certainly wasn't to spend more time with the kids Alex, that's been well established. 😊

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good posting James .

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

How is he being negative when saying it will be back early the next day but you are being positive when moaning about how it took five days and the system is crap and they are scaremongering and jabs aren't needed but they are too slow as well and the governments are all crap/liars/corrupt/totalitarian/etc etc etc.

You literally moan about everything on this thread

I didn’t say the system was crap . The poster asked how long it takes to get a test back. I told him of my experience . Get your facts right . Your literally interpreting / re framing my views and opinions as “ moans “ . It’s Not a good look supporting him btw . 

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think we all know it is. Very easy to lie online when it's the odd fib, but so obvious when it's constant pish.

I find it quite entertaining and just consider him to be a parody account of sorts.

I’ve got a colourful life . Im

sorry that yours seems so dull . 

I used to go out with and live with a teacher but as I am not one, just like yourself I know little about being a teacher.  I know enough however to know they just do not stop complaining.  Always about how hard they have it - I am ****ing sick of it.  

Most of the world is over worked and underpaid but most do not get 10 + weeks holidays a year and weekends off.  Most do not get a fraction of the pension they receive also.  Yes, teachers do a good job but that is their ****ing job.  They always seem to be expecting medals.

If they don't like it then they can ****ing quit and get another job.  Everything you list Nano i.e creating coursework, doing 1-2-1 calls, covering for sick colleagues - this is all pretty standard in most working environments, it certainly is in mine.

Working on scaffolding in mid winter - that is a gruelling job.  Sitting in a warm classroom with a bunch of rugrats is not.

:seething:

Factoring in furlough, I am saying that most if not all had some serious downtime last year.

Furlough 

53 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Colleagues like you, Alex, if I'm being honest.

Hide contents

Why would handsome, intelligent colleagues make you want to quit? Jealousy?

Dennis Denuto

I didn’t say the system was crap . The poster asked how long it takes to get a test back. I told him of my experience . Get your facts right . Your literally interpreting / re framing my views and opinions as “ moans “ . It’s Not a good look supporting him btw . 

Let's make this simple for you then - were you reporting a negative or a positive experience?

I am, not supporting anyone, I am stating that I find you the most negative poster on this thread

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Certainly are . Best to Ignore . It’s basically an underhand way to get the booster vaccine up to speed . 

Wait for the full scale assault this week to debunk the notion that omicron is a milder disease.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Furlough 

I'm pretty sure he quit so he'd have more time to break the impending Covid Restrictions 

Edited by Dennis Denuto

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Wait for the full scale assault this week to debunk the notion that omicron is a milder disease.

We really need it to be a milder disease though, if it is twice as transmissible we need it to be half as serious just to stand a chance of staying where we are.

Lets hope this is a much more mild version of the virus, but until we know surely getting people boosted as quickly as possible is a sensible step to take?

18 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I done mine early afternoon and got results back at midnight next again day although that was back in the summer 

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

TBH I am not sure what your point is, apart from teachers being another group of people you hate for no real or logical reason. I can only assume the one that was your ex did you some kind of emotional harm

😄

Dennis Denuto
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I should also say that there is some very encouraging stuff still coming from South African experts, with deaths down to 10% of what they might have expected to see in some areas.

I really hope that is the case here too and even if this is not the one that turns to only a cold like virus then please let it be a significant step in that direction.

21 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Furlough 

Those who can, can. Those that can't teach😉

25 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

We really need it to be a milder disease though, if it is twice as transmissible we need it to be half as serious just to stand a chance of staying where we are.

I assume you're referring to keeping the number of hospitalisations constant? If you are, this doesn't seem correct to me. If it's twice as transmissable you will end up with more than double the number of people being infected as the number of infections will coumpound with each additional person infected.

Hypothetical example: assume that Delta has R0 of 3 and Omicron has an R0 of 6 and you start with 1 infection of each. By the time you get to level 5 there are 81 Delta infections and 1,296 Omicron infections. If Omicron results in half as many infections needing hospital treatment you still end up with a lot more people in hospital.

Anyone with more stats knowledge than myself able to confirm/refute my example?

Edited by Bindy Badgy

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The most over rated over valued profession on the planet.  Especially nowadays when I hear about some of the shit being taught in schools.

Closely followed by GPs.  Last four times I have been to a doctor they have looked up google right infront of me.  The freedom in which drugs are prescribed is off the chart too.  Just prescribe shit - no diagnosis required.  Not so bad in UK but in America the entire country would rattle if they jumped.  GPs over prescribe at an alarming rate.

I actually don't even see the point in GPs now.  We can use google just as well and they tend to constantly refer people away from them and they give sick lines out without hesitation.

I do at least respect the intelligence of GPs - the teachers I have known since leaving school are all thick as ****. 

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Do you have a link that isn't behind a paywall? The Nature article I posted a few pages back suggested that a lab leak is possible but, unlikely. Nature should be a higher power than WSJ when it comes to scientific concepts.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic