• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As expected Scotland will have the same rules as rUK regarding testing before/after travel. 

Good news and sensible 

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As expected Scotland will have the same rules as rUK regarding testing before/after travel. 

International travel testing updated

Published: 24 Sep 2021 13:13

Scotland to align with UK testing regime.

Testing for inbound international travel is to be eased and will align with the UK following consideration of the logistical, health and economic implications, Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport Michael Matheson has said.

Pre-departure tests for fully vaccinated travellers will be removed. Travellers from non-red list countries who have been fully vaccinated in a country that meets recognised standards of certifications will no longer be required to provide evidence of a negative test result before they can travel to Scotland. 

For practical purposes, Scotland will also align with the UK post-arrival testing regime. Details for the UK are still being finalised and we will continue to engage with the UK Government ahead of confirmation as soon as possible.

Separately, in consultation with Public Health Scotland, the Scottish Government will consider how additional safeguards and surveillance of inward travel can be implemented to guard against the importation of new variants. This will be at no cost to travellers. Details will be set out in due course.

Last week, the Scottish Government announced how restrictions put in place to protect public health have been substantially revised to make travel simpler, with green and amber classifications merged while the red list is retained for those countries deemed to have high COVID19 case rates or variants of concern. 

Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport Michael Matheson said:

“We have concerns that the UK Government’s proposals to remove the requirement for a pre-departure test for some travellers could weaken our ability to protect the public health of Scotland’s communities.

“However, we also recognise that not having UK wide alignment causes significant practical problems and creates disadvantages for Scottish businesses. Also, if non alignment led to travellers to Scotland choosing to route through airports elsewhere in the UK, the public health benefits of testing would be undermined in any event.

“We have urgently considered all these implications, weighing any possible impact on the public health and the logistical realities. After liaising at length with stakeholders from the aviation sector to understand the impact of adopting a different approach in Scotland, we have reluctantly concluded that, for practical reasons, alignment with the UK is the best option.

“The new proposals make clear pre-departure tests will no longer be a requirement. We also intend to align with the UK post-arrival testing regime. The detail of that is still being developed with lateral flow tests being considered and we will engage further with the UK Government on those plans. Details will be announced at the same time as the UK.

“Lastly, the importance of guarding against new variants entering the country can’t be ignored. We will therefore be considering, with Public Health Scotland, the implementation of additional public health surveillance around international travel. We would intend this to be at no cost to travellers.”

Background

The traffic light system of checks for international travel put in place to protect the public health comes to an end on 4 October.

Travellers from red list countries, and those that haven’t been fully vaccinated, will need to comply with existing restrictions.

Scottish numbers: 24 September 2021

Summary

• 3,667 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-357; last week's figure not comparable due to data issues then]
  • 46,217 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-7,594]
    • 8.5% of these were positive [+0.5%]
  • 50 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+13]
  • 79 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-7]
  • 1,011 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-46]
  • 4,168,278 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,820,182 have received their second dose [+2,222; +1,754]

Limited 7-day stats again today due to the shenanigans last week. Should be back to "normal" tomorrow. Large death toll reported today (50) - largest we've seen since February as far as I can see.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep ... 1 Sep
Deaths     23.6 20.7 +2.9   19.1 19.0 19.4 19.4 19.1 ... 6.0

All in hospital     1066 1070 -4   1069 1071 1064 1058 1050 ... 524
Non-ICU     975 978 -3   976 976 970 965 959 ... 473
ICU     91 92 -1   93 95 94 93 91 ... 51

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

International travel testing updated

Published: 24 Sep 2021 13:13

Scotland to align with UK testing regime.

Testing for inbound international travel is to be eased and will align with the UK following consideration of the logistical, health and economic implications, Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport Michael Matheson has said.

Pre-departure tests for fully vaccinated travellers will be removed. Travellers from non-red list countries who have been fully vaccinated in a country that meets recognised standards of certifications will no longer be required to provide evidence of a negative test result before they can travel to Scotland. 

For practical purposes, Scotland will also align with the UK post-arrival testing regime. Details for the UK are still being finalised and we will continue to engage with the UK Government ahead of confirmation as soon as possible.

Separately, in consultation with Public Health Scotland, the Scottish Government will consider how additional safeguards and surveillance of inward travel can be implemented to guard against the importation of new variants. This will be at no cost to travellers. Details will be set out in due course.

Last week, the Scottish Government announced how restrictions put in place to protect public health have been substantially revised to make travel simpler, with green and amber classifications merged while the red list is retained for those countries deemed to have high COVID19 case rates or variants of concern. 

Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport Michael Matheson said:

“We have concerns that the UK Government’s proposals to remove the requirement for a pre-departure test for some travellers could weaken our ability to protect the public health of Scotland’s communities.

“However, we also recognise that not having UK wide alignment causes significant practical problems and creates disadvantages for Scottish businesses. Also, if non alignment led to travellers to Scotland choosing to route through airports elsewhere in the UK, the public health benefits of testing would be undermined in any event.

“We have urgently considered all these implications, weighing any possible impact on the public health and the logistical realities. After liaising at length with stakeholders from the aviation sector to understand the impact of adopting a different approach in Scotland, we have reluctantly concluded that, for practical reasons, alignment with the UK is the best option.

“The new proposals make clear pre-departure tests will no longer be a requirement. We also intend to align with the UK post-arrival testing regime. The detail of that is still being developed with lateral flow tests being considered and we will engage further with the UK Government on those plans. Details will be announced at the same time as the UK.

“Lastly, the importance of guarding against new variants entering the country can’t be ignored. We will therefore be considering, with Public Health Scotland, the implementation of additional public health surveillance around international travel. We would intend this to be at no cost to travellers.”

Background

The traffic light system of checks for international travel put in place to protect the public health comes to an end on 4 October.

Travellers from red list countries, and those that haven’t been fully vaccinated, will need to comply with existing restrictions.

So if you travel to Gran Canaria you don’t need a test going there and also coming back it Mac double jabbed ? Might be heading there in November hence asking 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Limited 7-day stats again today due to the shenanigans last week. Should be back to "normal" tomorrow. Large death toll reported today (50) - largest we've seen since February as far as I can see.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep ... 1 Sep

👍

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

So if you travel to Gran Canaria you don’t need a test going there and also coming back it Mac double jabbed ? Might be heading there in November hence asking 

There will be no pre flight tests required in either direction, but will still have to do a Day 2 test following your return, plus any form filling (locator forms) required.

It has still to be confirmed if the Day 2 test will be a PCR or Antigen test and when that change will take place.

All subject to change at short notice of course.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There will be no pre flight tests required in either direction, but will still have to do a Day 2 test following your return, plus any form filling (locator forms) required.

It has still to be confirmed if the Day 2 test will be a PCR or Antigen test and when that change will take place.

All subject to change at short notice of course.

Thanks for that info . 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Reading the statement you posted I assume it will be lateral flows and 4th October as it says they intend to align with U.K. govt. 

My understanding of the UK (England) position is that pre return tests will no longer be required from 4th October. However England has only stated an intention to replace the Day 2 PCR test with an Antigen test, without confirming the start date, although it is hoped to have this in place for the October school holidays.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58656292

48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Great news for us returning to travel. 

Does anyone know the situation for under 16’s?

Looks like it’s a day 2 test on arrival as long as they are from/travelling with a fully vaccinated family. 

31 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Perfect, thanks, albeit mines have both had a single jab now any way.

Does take a major concern away around holidays, so good news. E~joy your holiday when it arrives👍

It’s been a long time coming. We are heading to the Tenerife where it looks like a fit to fly test is still required for our 12 year old. 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

People in hospital in the UK is down a thousand in 7 days. ICU down 104 in the same time span

👍👍

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

50 deaths is the highest for a while. Up fourfold since the start of this month. Going on holiday seems a mute point against that.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Are you suggesting people shouldn’t be going on holiday as people are dieting of COVID?

No I’m not. 
That’s some leap.

In fact, it’s ridiculous.

It’s the highest daily figure for over six months. 

25 minutes ago, Boab said:

No I’m not. 
That’s some leap.

In fact, it’s ridiculous.

It’s the highest daily figure for over six months. 

So what’s your point then ? 

I think,  excuse me if I'm wrong Boab,  that his point was in the context of perspective.  That holidays and the obstacles people encounter to have them,  while absolutely rightful and unrelated to the deaths,  are perhaps not as onerous as sometimes depicted,  in comparison to the people directly affected by the ongoing grief caused by covid.  

One person groans about testing obstacles.  Another person loses a relative.

Positioning to jump down the guy's throat and telling him to chill out is a bit rich tbf.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Whose jumping down anyones throat? Two people have asked for clarification on an strangely  worded post. 

I’ll be honest, you’ve tried to explain and I ain’t sure what your trying to say🤷🏻‍♂️

Both were quite pointed tbh.  I think anyone can see the tone of your so-called request for clarification.  

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Both were quite pointed tbh.  I think anyone can see the tone of your so-called request for clarification.  

I didn't think he was out of order, I wasn't sure if that's what was meant either (it's moot, not mute for a start! 😁)

Just now, Lord BJ said:

That your projection tbh. 

I asked a question no more no less. 

I still have no idea what he meant by the post to be honest. Though that snot unusual for JKB tbh, my own posts included. 

I think it was in the context of perspective as I suggested above.  Could be wrong.

Just now, Smithee said:

I didn't think he was out of order, I wasn't sure if that's what was meant either (it's moot, not mute for a start! 😁)

Aint never mute on here.  

Just now, Lord BJ said:

I think its a stupid point then.

Not seeing it as stupid tbh.  It looks perhaps a bit misplaced but easy to see the general point.

It's great that folk are getting their holidays.  Testing isn't all that onerous.

De end.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

We’ll need to agree to disagree then, I see it as ****ing stupid point, mainly due to the absence of any nuance and a false comparison. Albeit @Boab could clarify what he meant and neither you or I would be making assumptions on what he meant. Maybe someone should ask for a clarification 😂

Yes its good news that the world is beginning to open up and people are getting away, with less expense and hassle and the final parts of the economy are beginning to return . People dieing doesn’t change that really change that as, you rightly say and as unfortunate as some may find that. 

Anyway take it easy 👍

Glad to see you're taking it easy.  👍

24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Don’t you start ! 😂

Perspective was the point.

Headlines on the MSM are about holidays not deaths.

Now, guys, chill out !

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don’t you start ! 😂

Perspective was the point.

Headlines on the MSM are about holidays not deaths.

Now, guys, chill out !

I thinks it's now all about living with the virus and excepting deaths. Hopefully the boosters for the vulnerable will reduce the deaths a bit until the virus mutates into the cold that a lot of experts are now predicting

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I thinks it's now all about living with the virus and excepting deaths. Hopefully the boosters for the vulnerable will reduce the deaths a bit until the virus mutates into the cold that a lot of experts are now predicting

Yes,  eye catching theories have been offered by people worth listening to.  Not so much the end state,  more the timescale.  Fingers crossed.

Scottish numbers: 25 September 2021

Summary

• 3,261 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-406]
  • 40,397 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-5,820]
    • 8.8% of these were positive [+0.3%]
  • 18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-32]
  • 79 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,005 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-6]
  • 4,172,573 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,824,074 have received their second dose [+4,295; +3,892]

Today's trend stats. Any stat with a value of N/A yesterday is compared against the value on 22 September, colour coding being averaged out. Cases are declining but on a shallower trajectory than before. The 7-day positivity rate is declining and has dropped below 9. Vaccinations of the lower-aged cohort are kicking in to the stats. Hospital and ICU numbers declining slowly.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area WHO   Today Yesterday     23 Sep 22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep ... 1 Sep
Scotland 4   442 N/A -19   N/A 461 486 495 519 ... 747

West Dunbartonshire 4   726 N/A -23   N/A 749 763 787 821 ... 1105
East Ayrshire 4   650 N/A +74   N/A 576 587 596 604 ... 627
South Ayrshire 4   629 N/A +33   N/A 596 638 663 670 ... 658
North Lanarkshire 4   587 N/A -32   N/A 619 665 664 686 ... 1261
Dundee City 4   542 N/A +10   N/A 532 520 539 582 ... 697
West Lothian 4   529 N/A +27   N/A 502 555 580 613 ... 668
Clackmannanshire 4   528 N/A +54   N/A 474 452 443 501 ... 704
North Ayrshire 4   524 N/A -37   N/A 561 609 616 647 ... 772
Falkirk 4   522 N/A -14   N/A 536 527 543 569 ... 690
East Dunbartonshire 4   513 N/A -80   N/A 593 573 585 617 ... 1150
Fife 4   513 N/A -13   N/A 526 544 546 573 ... 597
Renfrewshire 4   511 N/A -63   N/A 574 643 637 650 ... 1041
South Lanarkshire 4   481 N/A -27   N/A 508 559 551 563 ... 1013
Glasgow City 4   471 N/A -12   N/A 483 516 521 543 ... 989
Inverclyde 4   437 N/A -85   N/A 522 587 610 625 ... 1238
Perth & Kinross 4   436 N/A +48   N/A 388 375 386 398 ... 297
East Renfrewshire 4   430 N/A -63   N/A 493 563 601 656 ... 1080
Midlothian 4   425 N/A -69   N/A 494 536 545 596 ... 754
Stirling 4   419 N/A -78   N/A 497 526 539 569 ... 628
Aberdeenshire 4   417 N/A -27   N/A 444 466 475 500 ... 424
Argyll & Bute 4   387 N/A -36   N/A 423 434 447 469 ... 712
Aberdeen City 4   362 N/A -21   N/A 383 397 413 432 ... 414
Dumfries & Galloway 4   355 N/A -8   N/A 363 355 363 368 ... 620
Edinburgh City 4   313 N/A -25   N/A 338 367 384 419 ... 722
Angus 4   291 N/A -23   N/A 314 292 311 340 ... 430
East Lothian 4   273 N/A -30   N/A 303 327 340 363 ... 604
Scottish Borders 4   267 N/A -20   N/A 287 299 325 351 ... 430
Highland 4   243 N/A -48   N/A 291 295 299 313 ... 531
Moray 4   228 N/A +23   N/A 205 207 197 210 ... 183
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4   174 N/A +8   N/A 166 147 140 151 ... 170
Orkney Islands 3   112 N/A -4   N/A 116 103 107 134 ... 67
Shetland Islands 3   57 N/A -22   N/A 79 131 144 162 ... 262

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     23 Sep 22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep ... 1 Sep
Tests     41671 N/A +446   N/A 41225 42337 43022 44687 ... 46368
Cases     3453 N/A -150   N/A 3603 3791 3863 4052 ... 5832
Positivity rate %     8.9 N/A -0.5   N/A 9.4 9.7 9.7 9.8 ... 13.3
Deaths     22.3 23.6 -1.3   20.7 19.1 19.0 19.4 19.4 ... 6.0

All Vaccinations     6104 5624 +480   N/A 5814 5847 5771 6279 ... 15364
1st Dose     2977 2589 +388   N/A 2341 2276 2119 2062 ... 2844
2nd Dose     3127 3035 +92   N/A 3473 3571 3652 4217 ... 12520

All in hospital     1060 1066 -6   1070 1069 1071 1064 1058 ... 524
Non-ICU     972 975 -3   978 976 976 970 965 ... 473
ICU     88 91 -3   92 93 95 94 93 ... 51

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully the airports run out of fuel. That would really shite in the desperados cornflakes.

The bleating of those who have constantly complained about being deprived of their holidays abroad, or having to jump through a few hoops to do so, has been one of the constants of this pandemic, and the infections they have consistently brought back have in addition been fuel to the fire for the virus. The world really has become all "Me, me, me".

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully the airports run out of fuel. That would really shite in the desperados cornflakes.

Raging because Scotland had to follow the UK :rofl:

Nobody is going to run out of fuel, especially not airports

Nicola's power is diminishing every day :yas::smugger:

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The bleating of those who have constantly complained about being deprived of their holidays abroad, or having to jump through a few hoops to do so, has been one of the constants of this pandemic, and the infections they have consistently brought back have in addition been fuel to the fire for the virus. The world really has become all "Me, me, me".

The bleating of those bleating about others constantly bleating has been a constant feature of the pandemic IMO 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yes no long until furlough ends . She’s had an absolute nightmare last the last few weeks hence her disappearing act 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes no long until furlough ends . She’s had an absolute nightmare last the last few weeks hence her disappearing act 

Aye, After the 30th and she'll be known as no power Nicola :biggrin2:

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

You got booked then 

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, After the 30th and she'll be known as no power Nicola :biggrin2:

Very true . 😂

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Today's trend stats. Any stat with a value of N/A yesterday is compared against the value on 22 September, colour coding being averaged out. Cases are declining but on a shallower trajectory than before. The 7-day positivity rate is declining and has dropped below 9. Vaccinations of the lower-aged cohort are kicking in to the stats. Hospital and ICU numbers declining slowly.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area WHO   Today Yesterday     23 Sep 22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep ... 1 Sep
Scotland 4   442 N/A -19   N/A 461 486 495 519 ... 747

West Dunbartonshire 4   726 N/A -23   N/A 749 763 787 821 ... 1105
East Ayrshire 4   650 N/A +74   N/A 576 587 596 604 ... 627
South Ayrshire 4   629 N/A +33   N/A 596 638 663 670 ... 658
North Lanarkshire 4   587 N/A -32   N/A 619 665 664 686 ... 1261
Dundee City 4   542 N/A +10   N/A 532 520 539 582 ... 697
West Lothian 4   529 N/A +27   N/A 502 555 580 613 ... 668
Clackmannanshire 4   528 N/A +54   N/A 474 452 443 501 ... 704
North Ayrshire 4   524 N/A -37   N/A 561 609 616 647 ... 772
Falkirk 4   522 N/A -14   N/A 536 527 543 569 ... 690
East Dunbartonshire 4   513 N/A -80   N/A 593 573 585 617 ... 1150
Fife 4   513 N/A -13   N/A 526 544 546 573 ... 597
Renfrewshire 4   511 N/A -63   N/A 574 643 637 650 ... 1041
South Lanarkshire 4   481 N/A -27   N/A 508 559 551 563 ... 1013
Glasgow City 4   471 N/A -12   N/A 483 516 521 543 ... 989
Inverclyde 4   437 N/A -85   N/A 522 587 610 625 ... 1238
Perth & Kinross 4   436 N/A +48   N/A 388 375 386 398 ... 297
East Renfrewshire 4   430 N/A -63   N/A 493 563 601 656 ... 1080
Midlothian 4   425 N/A -69   N/A 494 536 545 596 ... 754
Stirling 4   419 N/A -78   N/A 497 526 539 569 ... 628
Aberdeenshire 4   417 N/A -27   N/A 444 466 475 500 ... 424
Argyll & Bute 4   387 N/A -36   N/A 423 434 447 469 ... 712
Aberdeen City 4   362 N/A -21   N/A 383 397 413 432 ... 414
Dumfries & Galloway 4   355 N/A -8   N/A 363 355 363 368 ... 620
Edinburgh City 4   313 N/A -25   N/A 338 367 384 419 ... 722
Angus 4   291 N/A -23   N/A 314 292 311 340 ... 430
East Lothian 4   273 N/A -30   N/A 303 327 340 363 ... 604
Scottish Borders 4   267 N/A -20   N/A 287 299 325 351 ... 430
Highland 4   243 N/A -48   N/A 291 295 299 313 ... 531
Moray 4   228 N/A +23   N/A 205 207 197 210 ... 183
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4   174 N/A +8   N/A 166 147 140 151 ... 170
Orkney Islands 3   112 N/A -4   N/A 116 103 107 134 ... 67
Shetland Islands 3   57 N/A -22   N/A 79 131 144 162 ... 262

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     23 Sep 22 Sep 21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep ... 1 Sep
Tests     41671 N/A +446   N/A 41225 42337 43022 44687 ... 46368
Cases     3453 N/A -150   N/A 3603 3791 3863 4052 ... 5832
Positivity rate %     8.9 N/A -0.5   N/A 9.4 9.7 9.7 9.8 ... 13.3
Deaths     22.3 23.6 -1.3   20.7 19.1 19.0 19.4 19.4 ... 6.0

All Vaccinations     6104 5624 +480   N/A 5814 5847 5771 6279 ... 15364
1st Dose     2977 2589 +388   N/A 2341 2276 2119 2062 ... 2844
2nd Dose     3127 3035 +92   N/A 3473 3571 3652 4217 ... 12520

All in hospital     1060 1066 -6   1070 1069 1071 1064 1058 ... 524
Non-ICU     972 975 -3   978 976 976 970 965 ... 473
ICU     88 91 -3   92 93 95 94 93 ... 51

👍🍺

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s been a good day all round.

My grandson MoM for the team he plays for.

:HeartsMandance:

Great to hear. He must have inherited that skill. ;)

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍👍👍

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s not called Cammy Devlin 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic