Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

33 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Are you still hoping to make it to Holland FF.

I think you mentioned October in of one of your posts.

I am also now aiming for mid to late October but not too confident 

I'm scheduled to go on 8th October, for the weekend, so it's still on at the moment.

The quarantine requirement from the UK has been dropped, and fully vaccinated individuals can travel there, but since the UK remains a "very high risk" country you still need to a pre departure test before you will be allowed on board the plane to the Netherlands. 

Although the 1.5m distancing has been removed, the NL government has introduced covid passes for access to hospitality.  There is also a 12 midnight curfew on bars, so it's not yet perfect.  Masks are also required in some indoor settings, e.g. at airports and on public transport.  They hope to lift the remaining restrictions in November.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone know if Corporate Travel Management are still the only supplier of Day 2 PCR tests when returning to Scotland? 

There are plenty suppliers here in Spain for the pre-flight antigen tests but not sure about the Day 2 arrival ones.

Randox direct mate.

43 quid with discount code.

Mine arrived at home roughly about the same time I landed in malaga today 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Beni said:

I'm not going to second guess why people are posting about the deaths of covid deniers, that's up to them, and you are free to speculate on my thoughts if you like, but I do think it's useful for people to know that the virus doesn't care what they believe, what YouTube channels they watch, or what conspiracy sites they subscribe to.

You find that distasteful, fair enough, personally I find the spreading of disinformation which costs people their lives more distasteful.

You were comparing it to a public health information warning like those on cigarettes a couple of posts ago but now saying you won’t be second guessing why people are posting about this on these sites ?

a public health information warning on a thread called a leopard ate my face 

:lion:

sorry no leopard that I can find

willie wallace
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm scheduled to go on 8th October, for the weekend, so it's still on at the moment.

The quarantine requirement from the UK has been dropped, and fully vaccinated individuals can travel there, but since the UK remains a "very high risk" country you still need to a pre departure test before you will be allowed on board the plane to the Netherlands. 

Although the 1.5m distancing has been removed, the NL government has introduced covid passes for access to hospitality.  There is also a 12 midnight curfew on bars, so it's not yet perfect.  Masks are also required in some indoor settings, e.g. at airports and on public transport.  They hope to lift the remaining restrictions in November.

I am glad I asked you.I did not realize the quarantine restrictions have been lifted.

Just had a look and it starts from today.👍

I

17 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

You were comparing it to a public health information warning like those on cigarettes a couple of posts ago but now saying you won’t be second guessing why people are posting about this on these sites ?

a public health information warning on a thread called a leopard ate my face 

:lion:

sorry no leopard that I can find

Correct, I've said several times that I think it's useful to have these deaths publicised (like a public health warning), why people post them is up to them, if you want to find out their motivations you'd need to speak to them. But their motives and the usefulness of having the information about how these people died are separate things.

A lot of these stories are also reported in the main stream media (eg the one on the previous page which started this whole discussion) do you also find their reporting of these deaths "distasteful beyond words", and think the newspapers and websites are implying "they deserved it"? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
48 minutes ago, Beni said:

Correct, I've said several times that I think it's useful to have these deaths publicised (like a public health warning), why people post them is up to them, if you want to find out their motivations you'd need to speak to them. But their motives and the usefulness of having the information about how these people died are separate things.

A lot of these stories are also reported in the main stream media (eg the one on the previous page which started this whole discussion) do you also find their reporting of these deaths "distasteful beyond words", and think the newspapers and websites are implying "they deserved it"? 

the stuff in the media I often don’t agree with the way it’s reported - not just about covid - I think it’s probably on the whole a more useful medium to report news of such a sensitive nature than a thread called a leopard ate my face or the hearts forum (just in case some vaccine hesitant members of the public happen to be looking in for guidance)

if they are in the media already are the multiple copies of the stories necessary?

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Randox direct mate.

43 quid with discount code.

Mine arrived at home roughly about the same time I landed in malaga today 👍

Thanks TMT. Will book online tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your holiday 👍

36 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the stuff in the media I often don’t agree with the way it’s reported - not just about covid - I think it’s probably on the whole a more useful medium to report news of such a sensitive nature than a thread called a leopard ate my face or the hearts forum (just in case some vaccine hesitant members of the public happen to be looking in for guidance)

if they are in the media already are the multiple copies of the stories necessary?

Time has moved on from families all sitting round the TV to watch the evening news. For a lot of people Facebook, Twitter and social media in general is their news source.

If these stories are reported in the main stream media they'll be on social media too.

Twitter, Facebook or Reddit aren't going to censor a story because it's already been reported by CNN and the BBC, and there's a punter on a football forum who thinks that's enough publicity for that particular story.

The good thing about social media is that it's up to the individual what they engage with and what they ignore.

16 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Has anyone actually waited more than 48 hours for a result? We got one on Monday morning and have had no results yet. They say allow 72 hours but it is very frustrating given nearly everyone I know who required a test received their results within 24 hours.

I got my results back on the same day on Monday. You can phone them to check with ur test barcode 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Beni said:

Time has moved on from families all sitting round the TV to watch the evening news. For a lot of people Facebook, Twitter and social media in general is their news source.

If these stories are reported in the main stream media they'll be on social media too.

Twitter, Facebook or Reddit aren't going to censor a story because it's already been reported by CNN and the BBC, and there's a punter on a football forum who thinks that's enough publicity for that particular story.

The good thing about social media is that it's up to the individual what they engage with and what they ignore.

as you say time has moved on so these companies who used to deliver the news to families via the tele or wireless all now have websites Twitter accounts Facebook pages etc so that negates your first point

but your post does bring things back closer to the core point that if these posts serve as a public health information warning (like those added to cigarette packets) then who are the target audience/ those who could benefit from these posts

that would be a subset of society most probably anti-vax or vax-hesitant who bypass all the more mainstream media websites Twitter accounts etc and consume their news (including important life and death stuff) almost exclusively from the hearts forum or a leopard ate my face 

or a similar subset who does access the many more mainstream platforms have already seen all the warnings and harrowing stories but are largely unmoved but only once seeing similar on a leopard ate my face do they then realise they need to seriously consider whether they may currently be on the wrong path 

seems legit 

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Depending on when you go and how long you are away for I’d hold fire as she is bound to toe the line and move to the same rules as England. Caught something on the news about a report out showing Scottish airports lacking behind the rest of the uk in their recovery. I’m pretty sure the report will be biased towards the airports but it will add even more pressure on her doing the expected U turn. 

Seymour M Hersh

Covid is going to just become a cold': Vaccine pioneer says virus will get weaker all the time as Whitty says every child is going to get it, unless they are jabbed.

I like the cut of Professor Dame Sarah Gilbert's jib! 

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You too 👍

Feels utterly bizarre to be away again. 

The resorts are very quiet and most of the folks here are of the grey generation 😎

6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

as you say time has moved on so these companies who used to deliver the news to families via the tele or wireless all now have websites Twitter accounts Facebook pages etc so that negates your first point

but your post does bring things back closer to the core point that if these posts serve as a public health information warning (like those added to cigarette packets) then who are the target audience/ those who could benefit from these posts

that would be a subset of society most probably anti-vax or vax-hesitant who bypass all the more mainstream media websites Twitter accounts etc and consume their news (including important life and death stuff) almost exclusively from the hearts forum or a leopard ate my face 

or a similar subset who does access the many more mainstream platforms have already seen all the warnings and harrowing stories but are largely unmoved but only once seeing similar on a leopard ate my face do they then realise they need to seriously consider whether they may currently be on the wrong path 

seems legit 

Just because BBC and ITV etc have Twitter and Facebook accounts doesn't mean every  user reads every (or any) story they post.

As I said previously social media users configure their own feeds, and that won't necessarily include traditional sources.

At least you now seem to acknowledge that it's newsworthy that people who have spread misinformation about Covid and vaccines have subsequently died of Covid, as you don't have a problem with mainstream media reporting them, even if they use social media to do so, so now the only disagreement is where else on social media it's legitimate to report these stories.

Because I think there's a potential benefit from sharing these stories, I think they should be shared as widely as possible, if they find a target audience on Kickback, Reddit or anywhere else, good, if not no harm done.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but just because you find these stories offensive if they are reported outwith the mainstream media, it doesn't mean the entirety of social media has to alter its behaviour to accommodate your feelings.

Have you complained to the mods on here about these posts?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Beni said:

Just because BBC and ITV etc have Twitter and Facebook accounts doesn't mean every  user reads every (or any) story they post.

As I said previously social media users configure their own feeds, and that won't necessarily include traditional sources.

At least you now seem to acknowledge that it's newsworthy that people who have spread misinformation about Covid and vaccines have subsequently died of Covid, as you don't have a problem with mainstream media reporting them, even if they use social media to do so, so now the only disagreement is where else on social media it's legitimate to report these stories.

Because I think there's a potential benefit from sharing these stories, I think they should be shared as widely as possible, if they find a target audience on Kickback, Reddit or anywhere else, good, if not no harm done.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but just because you find these stories offensive if they are reported outwith the mainstream media, it doesn't mean the entirety of social media has to alter its behaviour to accommodate your feelings.

Have you complained to the mods on here about these posts?

Yes your first sentence is covered by my previous post in that these posts may only be beneficial as a warning to fairly (improbable) subsets of people

regarding news worthiness - you are again getting things wrong - at no stage have I said these stories are not newsworthy what I raised was the often distasteful way they are posted and the subsequent distasteful tit-for-tat debate around them - if you can remember that’s when you raised the possibility of them being like a public health warning like the warnings on cigarette packets 

ive not complained to the mods because at no stage have I said these posts should be banned or people should amend their behaviour to suit me

if you can’t see the difference between how these deaths can be reported responsibly as opposed to posts including phrases like “karma” (not on here to my knowledge) or the perception that they are posted in distasteful way ( on here - perceives distastefully  posted by multiple users who have commented) then we simply have very different views on context of the subject

im happy with my view you are entitled to yours too :)

24 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yes your first sentence is covered by my previous post in that these posts may only be beneficial as a warning to fairly (improbable) subsets of people

regarding news worthiness - you are again getting things wrong - at no stage have I said these stories are not newsworthy what I raised was the often distasteful way they are posted and the subsequent distasteful tit-for-tat debate around them - if you can remember that’s when you raised the possibility of them being like a public health warning like the warnings on cigarette packets 

ive not complained to the mods because at no stage have I said these posts should be banned or people should amend their behaviour to suit me

if you can’t see the difference between how these deaths can be reported responsibly as opposed to posts including phrases like “karma” (not on here to my knowledge) or the perception that they are posted in distasteful way ( on here - perceives distastefully  posted by multiple users who have commented) then we simply have very different views on context of the subject

im happy with my view you are entitled to yours too :)

In your original post you said people shouldn't post links on here to the deaths of anti-vaxxers (unless they included all other Covid victims, smokers and the obese) because you found it  distasteful beyond words.

Now you've moved on to it not being distasteful as long as it's not commented on by multiple people.

So that's progress. 👍

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You too 👍

The resorts are very quiet and most of the folks here are of the grey generation 😎

A gerontocracy paradise! A bit like JKB 😂

If what's being theorised is fairly accurate by Profs Sarah Gilbert and John Bell,  we really could be approaching the last couple of laps of this.  Maybe another 6-9 months of various levels of restrictions and mitigations,  etc.  It looks like there's been quite a lot of study into the how & when the end state is reached.  

Sarah Gilbert especially is not a woman likely to make speculative claims without sound reason.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Beni said:

In your original post you said people shouldn't post links on here to the deaths of anti-vaxxers (unless they included all other Covid victims, smokers and the obese) because you found it  distasteful beyond words.

Now you've moved on to it not being distasteful as long as it's not commented on by multiple people.

So that's progress. 👍

wrong again - I raised the inconsistency of selecting only certain people who had possibly contributed to their own illness / death - that’s entirety different to what you have written

i can see you will continue to reply despite having a long time ago ran out of anything of any relevance to this debate so it’s just about over

you have very unsuccessfully (imo) tried to go down the public health warning route

you have got various things wrong including inventing scenarios like me saying not news worthy

all because on a question of taste/morality (which was my original point which you engaged with) you have got yourself into a position where you are trying to defend / deflect away from the context of posts on a thread entitled a leopard ate my face including phrases like karma about recently deceased people 

to use one of the many internet cliches 

let that one sink in for a minute

Apparently hairdressers are reporting some degree of 'new' allergic reactions to hair dye in vaccinated clients.  Another crucial reason for the unvaccinated to avoid a vaccine.  

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Apparently hairdressers are reporting some degree of 'new' allergic reactions to hair dye in vaccinated clients.  Another crucial reason for the unvaccinated to avoid a vaccine.  

That's not what the BBC or the hairdressers they interviewed this morning were saying, they were saying they are seeing allergic reactions in people who have had covid-19 not in vaccinated people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-58651244

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's not what the BBC or the hairdressers they interviewed this morning were saying, they were saying they are seeing allergic reactions in people who have had covid-19 not in vaccinated people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-58651244

Apologies.  I sort of skimmed it and now see it's as you say.  Interesting one.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Apologies.  I sort of skimmed it and now see it's as you say.  Interesting one.

A98AEA26-AF96-4EBA-9FF6-B6434BDC5938.gif

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If what's being theorised is fairly accurate by Profs Sarah Gilbert and John Bell,  we really could be approaching the last couple of laps of this.  Maybe another 6-9 months of various levels of restrictions and mitigations,  etc.  It looks like there's been quite a lot of study into the how & when the end state is reached.  

Sarah Gilbert especially is not a woman likely to make speculative claims without sound reason.  

I read a piece yesterday that was on about this very thing, usually in flu pandemics we see the virus weaken after 18 months to 2 years, and it's hoped that covid-19 will do the same, however we haven't got any other coronavirus pandemics to compare it to, only the flu, which is a different virus, but they hope it behaves the same way.

They are not sure when the last major outbreak of a coronavirus was, although 1889 is suspected to have been the last, but there is no way to be sure if it was.

The Delta variant has been around for most of this year, since at least February/March and as far as I know and despite mutations occuring all the time, there hasn't been a worse variant appearing in that time, that surely has to be a hopeful sign that maybe just maybe the Delta variant is as bad as Covid-19 gets.

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A gerontocracy paradise! A bit like JKB 😂

It is indeed.

It feels like serving an apprenticeship in the curmudgeonly with the Mail and Express as the tablets of knowledge.

I'll be back a right wing foaming loon ball 👍

59 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

wrong again - I raised the inconsistency of selecting only certain people who had possibly contributed to their own illness / death - that’s entirety different to what you have written

Fair enough, but the deaths of smokers and the obese aren't newsworthy, but we agree that the deaths of anti-vax campaigners from Covid are, so the only point of disagreement between us is how widely that news should be spread. 

You now seem to be saying it's within the boundaries of good taste to post these stories on Kickback as long as it's not commented on by too many people, anyone reading your original post wouldn't have got that impression.

59 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

all because on a question of taste/morality (which was my original point which you engaged with) you have got yourself into a position where you are trying to defend / deflect away from the context of posts on a thread entitled a leopard ate my face including phrases like karma about recently deceased people 

You've made several (failed) attempts to tie my opinions to the posts on that thread. If you reread this thread you'll see that I've not made any comment on the tastefulness or otherwise of any of the posts there. The only point I made in relation to the posts on the Reddit thread was that I thought it was good that the danger of death following Covid/vaccine denial was highlighted wherever that may be, so that others can avoid making the same mistakes.

If you have issues with the people who post on that thread that's between you and them.

Happy to give you the last word on this. 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Beni said:

Fair enough, but the deaths of smokers and the obese aren't newsworthy, but we agree that the deaths of anti-vax campaigners from Covid are, so the only point of disagreement between us is how widely that news should be spread. 

You now seem to be saying it's within the boundaries of good taste to post these stories on Kickback as long as it's not commented on by too many people, anyone reading your original post wouldn't have got that impression.

You've made several (failed) attempts to tie my opinions to the posts on that thread. If you reread this thread you'll see that I've not made any comment on the tastefulness or otherwise of any of the posts there. The only point I made in relation to the posts on the Reddit thread was that I thought it was good that the danger of death following Covid/vaccine denial was highlighted wherever that may be, so that others can avoid making the same mistakes.

If you have issues with the people who post on that thread that's between you and them.

Happy to give you the last word on this. 👍

i quoted the poster who linked to the thread on a leopard ate my face on the subject of taste and consistency you then chose to enter to the discussion quoting my post - going down the route of public health information and various other scatter-gun stuff (all-easily countered) all because you’ve got yourself into the position I described in my previous post

as I said I’m happy with my position on this and your entitled to your view too - I feel it’s not a bad thing that we don’t actually agree 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I read a piece yesterday that was on about this very thing, usually in flu pandemics we see the virus weaken after 18 months to 2 years, and it's hoped that covid-19 will do the same, however we haven't got any other coronavirus pandemics to compare it to, only the flu, which is a different virus, but they hope it behaves the same way.

They are not sure when the last major outbreak of a coronavirus was, although 1889 is suspected to have been the last, but there is no way to be sure if it was.

The Delta variant has been around for most of this year, since at least February/March and as far as I know and despite mutations occuring all the time, there hasn't been a worse variant appearing in that time, that surely has to be a hopeful sign that maybe just maybe the Delta variant is as bad as Covid-19 gets.

They just don't know at the moment but some very informed guesses are being offered.  Flu pandemics seem to follow a template but CV can't be directly compared because of some of it's behavioural characteristics are very different to flu.  Symptomatology.  Incubation.  Infectivity.  But if Sarah Gilbert is making optimistic suggestions then it's well worth taking notice.  

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

They just don't know at the moment but some very informed guesses are being offered.  Flu pandemics seem to follow a template but CV can't be directly compared because of some of it's behavioural characteristics are very different to flu.  Symptomatology.  Incubation.  Infectivity.  But if Sarah Gilbert is making optimistic suggestions then it's well worth taking notice.  

Indeed, she'll have forgotten more about virus' than any of us will ever know about them.

Due to the data palaver last week, 7-day case stats won't be available today and will be a bit off over the next couple of days.

Scottish numbers: 23 September 2021

Summary

• 4,024 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+426]
  • 53,811 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+4,214]
    • 8.0% of these were positive [+0.2%]
  • 37 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+6]
  • 86 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+4]
  • 1,057 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-19]
  • 4,166,056 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,818,428 have received their second dose [+2,821; +2,521]

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Due to the data palaver last week, 7-day case stats won't be available today and will be a bit off over the next couple of days.

Scottish numbers: 23 September 2021

Summary

• 4,024 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+426]
  • 53,811 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+4,214]
    • 8.0% of these were positive [+0.2%]
  • 37 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+6]
  • 86 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+4]
  • 1,057 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-19]
  • 4,166,056 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,818,428 have received their second dose [+2,821; +2,521]

👍

The only 7-day stats that can be determined with any level of accuracy today.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep ... 1 Sep
Deaths     20.7 19.1 +1.6   19.0 19.4 19.4 19.1 16.7 ... 6.0

All in hospital     1070 1069 +1   1071 1064 1058 1050 1041 ... 524
Non-ICU     978 976 +2   976 970 965 959 952 ... 473
ICU     92 93 -1   95 94 93 91 89 ... 51

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The only 7-day stats that can be determined with any level of accuracy today.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     21 Sep 20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep ... 1 Sep
Deaths     20.7 19.1 +1.6   19.0 19.4 19.4 19.1 16.7 ... 6.0

All in hospital     1070 1069 +1   1071 1064 1058 1050 1041 ... 524
Non-ICU     978 976 +2   976 970 965 959 952 ... 473
ICU     92 93 -1   95 94 93 91 89 ... 51

👍

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Meh.  Back over 4,000.  Same %rate.  It's like watching the CO2 meter on Apollo 13.  Will it go up? Will it go down?  

The UK numbers are creeping up, just as Scotland seems to be slowly heading in the opposite direction.  The weekly UK case numbers are around 20k up (9.4%) on the previous week.  According to Chris Witty, it's is down to schools with 12-15 year olds most susceptible.

Speaking of which, I thought we might have seen an increase in first vaccination doses following the opening up of vaccinations to 12-15 year olds.  However, it looks like Wales is ahead of the game in that regard (as they were at the start of the vaccination programme), as they have accounted for almost a quarter of the UK's first doses over the past 3 days, despite having less than 5% of the UK population.  It seems that Wales is more responsive to JCVI decisions in using up its available supplies, although it can be a bit feast and famine of high and low daily rates depending on supplies.

The allocated vaccination supplies for Scotland increased by a hefty 1.4m doses this week (the previous highest week on week increase was just 415k). I assume that is in preparation for the 12s-15s and the booster programme for over 50s.   

26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The UK numbers are creeping up, just as Scotland seems to be slowly heading in the opposite direction.  The weekly UK case numbers are around 20k up (9.4%) on the previous week.  According to Chris Witty, it's is down to schools with 12-15 year olds most susceptible.

Speaking of which, I thought we might have seen an increase in first vaccination doses following the opening up of vaccinations to 12-15 year olds.  However, it looks like Wales is ahead of the game in that regard (as they were at the start of the vaccination programme), as they have accounted for almost a quarter of the UK's first doses over the past 3 days, despite having less than 5% of the UK population.  It seems that Wales is more responsive to JCVI decisions in using up its available supplies, although it can be a bit feast and famine of high and low daily rates depending on supplies.

The allocated vaccination supplies for Scotland increased by a hefty 1.4m doses this week (the previous highest week on week increase was just 415k). I assume that is in preparation for the 12s-15s and the booster programme for over 50s.   

It seems reasonable that England's trajectory is following similarly to Scotland's in line with the respective school terms.  The overall UK schools roll out of vaccinations should contribute towards the numbers being held in check.  More importantly,  the hard to reach young adult population could make a much bigger difference.  I think it's time to innovate and be pragmatic and offer incentives.  Money in the hand if necessary.  

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I think they implemented it for that age groupearlier than Scotland as well?

There is a very good episode of the stats programme (non nerds look away at this point) 'More or less' which explains the reasons for Wales' excellent take up rate early in the pandemic (though note that scotland has now vaccinated the most in the UK)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct2dk1

image.png.12252ad628cff111aec6da4b55833997.png 

13 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You too 👍

Cheers.👍

15 hours ago, Dazo said:

Depending on when you go and how long you are away for I’d hold fire as she is bound to toe the line and move to the same rules as England. Caught something on the news about a report out showing Scottish airports lacking behind the rest of the uk in their recovery. I’m pretty sure the report will be biased towards the airports but it will add even more pressure on her doing the expected U turn. 

Cheers Dazo. Back on the 1st, which is just ahead of the easing in England. She may want to appear ahead of the game and fall into line from 1st Oct. Now that would be a positive move and I would support her all the way 😄

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cheers Dazo. Back on the 1st, which is just ahead of the easing in England. She may want to appear ahead of the game and fall into line from 1st Oct. Now that would be a positive move and I would support her all the way 😄

I’m not away till the October holidays so plenty time for her to do things differently which usually means the exact same as her boss. 

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I’m not away till the October holidays so plenty time for her to do things differently which usually means the exact same as her boss. 

Ok folks, here is the chance for critical thinkers, britnats, scotnat sheep, anti vaxxers et al to have their say in the Public Inquiry due to start before the end of the year.

51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Ok folks, here is the chance for critical thinkers, britnats, scotnat sheep, anti vaxxers et al to have their say in the Public Inquiry due to start before the end of the year.

And if anyone falls into all of the categories you've listed above then they have serious problems. 😂

53 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think I'll batter in on the UK one... oh wait.

In the parlance of the last Indy ref “ no thanks “ ! It’ll be a cover up ! Waste of time !! Yes call me a conspiracy theorist etc I don’t care ✔️😎✔️😎✔️😃

Seymour M Hersh

I suspect this will make the Holyrood and Tram inquiries look like an lesson in openness and transparency. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I suspect this will make the Holyrood and Tram inquiries look like an lesson in openness and transparency. 

Exactly “ lessons to be learned “ for the next pandemic in a 100 years ! 

Edited by JamesM48

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic