Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes “ ray gin “ certainly has a fragile ego on this and started the ball rolling today. 

You would be keen to be first to respond to that post and start trying to point at others :whistling:

Edited by kila

51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes “ ray gin “ certainly has a fragile ego on this and started the ball rolling today. 

You started the ball rolling having a pop at another poster as leaving 'vile comments', despite engaging in a very similar kind of post just hours earlier.

I simply chose to point out your hypocrisy.

24 minutes ago, kila said:

You would be keen to be first to respond to that post and start trying to point at others :whistling:

And another one comes out the woodwork to post ! Quelle surprise   

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You started the ball rolling having a pop at another poster as leaving 'vile comments', despite engaging in a very similar kind of post just hours earlier.

I simply chose to point out your hypocrisy.

With that ego and sanctimonious  attitude ……

A7FB3CC8-1989-47FE-A7ED-4D256852505E.gif

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Vile comment 

Wind your neck in, Dunning-Kruger. 

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wow...

That is one massive pile of schadenfreude. Just as well these people have the moral high-ground, meaning they're 100% safe from the otherwise vengeful spokes of the karmic wheel.

The point, which I'm sure you get even if the witless James doesn't, is that not only are they paying the price for their own choices - something a lot of right-wing leaning posters seem to espouse - "personal risk assessment, personal responsibility, bearing the consequences of one's choices" - these are people who actively spread disinformation and often revelled in their new-found infamy as part of the conspiracy group-think, which means they have likely not condemned just themselves to the fate they endured, especially the rising number of political radio talk-show hosts.

I don't take much schadenfreude from the sub-reddit, it's actually saddening and at times, very frustrating, tbh.       

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The point, which I'm sure you get even if the witless James doesn't, is that not only are they paying the price for their own choices - something a lot of right-wing leaning posters seem to espouse - "personal risk assessment, personal responsibility, bearing the consequences of one's choices" - these are people who actively spread disinformation and often revelled in their new-found infamy as part of the conspiracy group-think, which means they have likely not condemned just themselves to the fate they endured, especially the rising number of political radio talk-show hosts.

I don't take much schadenfreude from the sub-reddit, it's actually saddening and at times, very frustrating, tbh.       

So pretentious ! ( Dunning Kruger ) 

and you do seem to take delight/ satisfaction  in these awful stories of people dying . You maybe haven’t the self awareness to see it 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So pretentious ! ( Dunning Kruger ) 

and you do seem to take delight/ satisfaction  in these awful stories of people dying . You maybe haven’t the self awareness to see it 

Actually I don't, perhaps if you learned to comprehend the written word a little bit better you would see I said JUST THAT in the post you just replied to. 🙄 

"I don't take much schadenfreude from the sub-reddit, it's actually saddening and at times, very frustrating, tbh"

But that's the rub isn't it, your bad-faith posting style and desperation for attention sees you reply without even giving your cognitive facilities the opportunity to digest the intent and meaning of the post. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Actually I don't, perhaps if you learned to comprehend the written word a little bit better you would see I said JUST THAT in the post you just replied to. 🙄 

But that's the rub isn't it, your bad-faith posting style and desperation for attention sees you reply without even giving your cognitive facilities the opportunity to digest the intent and meaning of the post. 

I read that other part actually but didn’t believe it , hence making no comment about it.  Stop trying to  weedle   out of posting distasteful , smug and inhumane comments.   

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
42 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

as Taffin mentioned earlier - almost everyone who catches covid would probably made a choice or choices which made that outcome more likely

choosing not to be vaccinated is only one choice (may be an important one) but anyone voluntarily returning to anything like normal (like going to tynecastle for example) is taking a risk (which they are entitled to do) - by doing so they are also (indirectly) encouraging others to take similar risks

so while anti-vaccers may be top of the ‘they deserved all they got league’ it’s a very big league so let’s be consistent and pretty much include links to all deaths who may have caught it through some non-essential activity

let’s also include the smokers and the old favourite the obese - ‘oh look a fat person died of a heart-attack’ etc

or better still let’s not - people have lost the plot arguing over dead people and to the degree they ‘deserved’ it

shameful stuff 

lord bj and the fragile ego post

:spoton:

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I read that other part actually but didn’t believe it , hence making no comment about it.  Stop trying to  weedle   out of posting distasteful , smug and inhumane comments.   

Utter trash. 

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Utter trash. 

Job done ✔️ Point proven . Goodnight 

30466988-5FAF-4FEB-99E6-0DE728B4048E.gif

Edited by JamesM48

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

as Taffin mentioned earlier - almost everyone who catches covid would probably made a choice or choices which made that outcome more likely

choosing not to be vaccinated is only one choice (may be an important one) but anyone voluntarily returning to anything like normal (like going to tynecastle for example) is taking a risk (which they are entitled to do) - by doing so they are also (indirectly) encouraging others to take similar risks

so while anti-vaccers may be top of the ‘they deserved all they got league’ it’s a very big league so let’s be consistent and pretty much include links to all deaths who may have caught it through some non-essential activity

let’s also include the smokers and the old favourite the obese - ‘oh look a fat person died of a heart-attack’ etc

or better still let’s not - people have lost the plot arguing over dead people and to the degree they ‘deserved’ it

shameful stuff 

lord bj and the fragile ego post

:spoton:

How is someone returning to normal encouraging anyone else to do the same? 

To carry on the obesity analogy, nobody is saying "oh look a fat person has died of a heart attack".

The are saying "oh look this obese person, who claimed heart attacks aren't real/obesity doesn't cause heart attacks/don't lose weight it won't save you from a heart attack, has died of a heart attack". 

It's not the death random punters that are being highlighted.

The point of highlighting their death is to show that the information they've been spreading has been contradicted by the fact they are now dead. 

Who's said they deserve it?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Beni said:

How is someone returning to normal encouraging anyone else to do the same? 

To carry on the obesity analogy, nobody is saying "oh look a fat person has died of a heart attack".

The are saying "oh look this obese person, who claimed heart attacks aren't real/obesity doesn't cause heart attacks/don't lose weight it won't save you from a heart attack, has died of a heart attack". 

It's not the death random punters that are being highlighted.

The point of highlighting their death is to show that the information they've been spreading has been contradicted by the fact they are now dead. 

Who's said they deserve it?

paragraph 1 - peer pressure as in someone hesitant about taking the risk of returning to normal MAY be encouraged seeing others doing so (and their individual risk may be higher than many they see doing so)

the risks attached to many serious illnesses are well known and ignoring them/being unable to negate them makes the person (in judgemental mode) complicit in their illness - equally it will then encourage others as it’s seen as the norm - especially their children - so again being judgemental a dead parent who was complicit in their death could be viewed (in the same way as the rubbish posted on here) as a health win for the child as they would not continue to be exposed to the bad habits of the now dead parent

the whole thing is distasteful beyond words

maybe no one has directly said “they deserve it” but I don’t think they need to

we probably won’t agree so carry on highlighting these deaths on the forum for in your mind possibly it’s an important message to get across

Has anyone actually waited more than 48 hours for a result? We got one on Monday morning and have had no results yet. They say allow 72 hours but it is very frustrating given nearly everyone I know who required a test received their results within 24 hours.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, that was interesting. :lol:

Boring thread now. Get a fecking job. I just read reds info, specifically Renfrewshire numbers, read a couple of posts, see James pish and scroll, because it usually been posted before. 

Lord Bj and others usually have good conversation, but I think they're all sick of it(the thread) now, anaw. 

Oh didn't realise 74 years of living should be what you should be grateful for. Pathetic, many folk of that age have plenty left to give and being stupid and stubborn should not disqualify you from living. Just get the vaccine,ffs, there's other people you need to think about, like wife and kids.

As you were, hope the caravans are still static.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Has anyone actually waited more than 48 hours for a result? We got one on Monday morning and have had no results yet. They say allow 72 hours but it is very frustrating given nearly everyone I know who required a test received their results within 24 hours.

Still waiting on the wife’s result after 3 weeks. 🙄 

The rest of us were negative so just went with that. 

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

paragraph 1 - peer pressure as in someone hesitant about taking the risk of returning to normal MAY be encouraged seeing others doing so (and their individual risk may be higher than many they see doing so)

Previously you seemed to be advocating light touch lockdown/restrictions and people taking more personal responsibility, now you're saying people doing exactly that are putting others at risk via peer pressure.

Seems a bit contradictory.

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the risks attached to many serious illnesses are well known and ignoring them/being unable to negate them makes the person (in judgemental mode) complicit in their illness - equally it will then encourage others as it’s seen as the norm - especially their children - so again being judgemental a dead parent who was complicit in their death could be viewed (in the same way as the rubbish posted on here) as a health win for the child as they would not continue to be exposed to the bad habits of the now dead parent

They've been putting pictures of dead peoples' damaged lungs on cigarette packets for years to highlight the dangers of tobacco.

How is that any different from highlighting the death of a Covid/vaccination denier?

Or do you find that distasteful beyond words too?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
52 minutes ago, Beni said:

Previously you seemed to be advocating light touch lockdown/restrictions and people taking more personal responsibility, now you're saying people doing exactly that are putting others at risk via peer pressure.

Seems a bit contradictory.

They've been putting pictures of dead peoples' damaged lungs on cigarette packets for years to highlight the dangers of tobacco.

How is that any different from highlighting the death of a Covid/vaccination denier?

Or do you find that distasteful beyond words too?

never advocated anything mate so you are wrong there

i raised points for discussion one of them being alternatives to lockdowns so may be that would be where you are getting confused - those alternatives coupled with expert advice / guidelines like chief mammys good advice of just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t mean it is the sensible thing to do (depending on circumstances )

the cigarette packet thing - 2 things (to my knowledge) the damaged lungs were of anonymous people - secondly  if highlighting the deaths of anti-vaxxers is s similar public service then who is the target audience on here ? to my knowledge all bar a few (who are apparently so far down rabbit hole etc etc .,..) are vaccinated even those opposed to perceived coercion

who is the target audience in the very funnily-named a leopard ate my face ?

public service to help people make the right decisions entitled a leopard are my face

keep up the good work mate 

On 21/09/2021 at 14:10, jonesy said:

Sorry to hear that - you on the mend?

Nothing worse than lazy/incompetent healthcare. I remember turning up at a small hospital in China with my son. Doc didn't even look up from her computer and diagnosed him. As I was leaving, she clocked I was a foreigner and suddenly suggested he undergo a battery of (very expensive) tests. :( 

The only Doc I trust is @doctor jambo:)😜 

Yeah more meds but feeling good.

6 hours ago, jambogaza said:

My wife had a PCR test at 10:30am yesterday at Oxgangs Library, after being identified as a close contact of a positive case. She got her negative result overnight, so is back to work as normal today.

I was channel hopping and came across a piece on CNN, where they were on about some Republican states such as Florida & Idaho who are appointing well known anti-vaxxers & covid deniers to senior positions in their states medical hierarchy.  That country is just bonkers.

This comes at a time when Covid-19 has officially become America's deadliest pandemic, surpassing the death toll of the 1918 flu pandemic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/covid-19-is-now-the-deadliest-pandemic-in-us-history

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/covid-is-americas-deadliest-pandemic-as-us-fatalities-near-1918-flu-estimates.html

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I was channel hopping and came across a piece on CNN, where they were on about some Republican states such as Florida & Idaho who are appointing well known anti-vaxxers & covid deniers to senior positions in their states medical hierarchy.  That country is just bonkers.

This comes at a time when Covid-19 has officially become America's deadliest pandemic, surpassing the death toll of the 1918 flu pandemic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/covid-19-is-now-the-deadliest-pandemic-in-us-history

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/covid-is-americas-deadliest-pandemic-as-us-fatalities-near-1918-flu-estimates.html

Dearie me.

Absolute morons.

scott herbertson

Good numbers today in terms of positivity, hospitalisation and ICU occupation - looks like the trend is firmly downward though pof course there is unfortunately a lag with deaths

Scottish numbers: 22 September 2021

Summary

• 3,598 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+728; down from 4,917 a week ago]
  • 49,597 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+23,004]
    • 7.8% of these were positive [-3.9%]
  • 31 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+13]
  • 82 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-12]
  • 1,076 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-31]
  • 4,163,235 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,815,907 have received their second dose [+2,400; +2,360]

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

• 82 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-12]
  • 1,076 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-31]
  • 4,163,235 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,815,907 have received their second dose [+2,400; +2,360]

Cheers Red good to see the numbers in ICU and Hospital dropping

Big old dive for the % rate but the daily total is still hovering.  Got to hope that rate continues to creep downwards.  There's been so much fluctuation that it's anyone's guess what the situation will be like next week.  

The latest trend stats:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area WHO   Today Yesterday     20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep 16 Sep ... 1 Sep
Scotland 4   461 486 -25   495 519 557 524 N/A ... 747

West Dunbartonshire 4   749 763 -14   787 821 875 825 N/A ... 1105
North Lanarkshire 4   619 665 -46   664 686 721 679 N/A ... 1261
South Ayrshire 4   596 638 -42   663 670 673 614 N/A ... 658
East Dunbartonshire 4   593 573 +20   585 617 656 584 N/A ... 1150
East Ayrshire 4   576 587 -11   596 604 633 631 N/A ... 627
ri Alban’s Turf 4   574 643 -69   637 650 690 703 N/A ... 1041
North Ayrshire 4   561 609 -48   616 647 682 658 N/A ... 772
Falkirk 4   536 527 +9   543 569 605 519 N/A ... 690
Dundee City 4   532 520 +12   539 582 609 592 N/A ... 697
Fife 4   526 544 -18   546 573 636 588 N/A ... 597
Inverclyde 4   522 587 -65   610 625 671 711 N/A ... 1238
South Lanarkshire 4   508 559 -51   551 563 601 565 N/A ... 1013
West Lothian 4   502 555 -53   580 613 700 639 N/A ... 668
Stirling 4   497 526 -29   539 569 612 542 N/A ... 628
Midlothian 4   494 536 -42   545 596 666 612 N/A ... 754
East Renfrewshire 4   493 563 -70   601 656 714 709 N/A ... 1080
Glasgow City 4   483 516 -33   521 543 582 565 N/A ... 989
Clackmannanshire 4   474 452 +22   443 501 556 452 N/A ... 704
Aberdeenshire 4   444 466 -22   475 500 522 480 N/A ... 424
Argyll & Bute 4   423 434 -11   447 469 471 461 N/A ... 712
Perth & Kinross 4   388 375 +13   386 398 372 357 N/A ... 297
Aberdeen City 4   383 397 -14   413 432 439 403 N/A ... 414
Dumfries & Galloway 4   363 355 +8   363 368 384 343 N/A ... 620
Edinburgh City 4   338 367 -29   384 419 484 445 N/A ... 722
Angus 4   314 292 +22   311 340 366 367 N/A ... 430
East Lothian 4   303 327 -24   340 363 435 382 N/A ... 604
Highland 4   291 295 -4   299 313 339 307 N/A ... 531
Scottish Borders 4   287 299 -12   325 351 378 370 N/A ... 430
Moray 4   205 207 -2   197 210 233 194 N/A ... 183
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4   166 147 +19   140 151 136 140 N/A ... 170
Orkney Islands 3   116 103 +13   107 134 134 188 N/A ... 67
Shetland Islands 3   79 131 -52   144 162 162 166 N/A ... 262

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep 16 Sep ... 1 Sep
Tests     41225 42337 -1112   43022 44687 46067 41663 N/A ... 46368
Cases     3603 3791 -188   3863 4052 4349 4090 N/A ... 5832
Positivity rate %     9.4 9.7 -0.3   9.7 9.8 10.2 10.6 N/A ... 13.3
Deaths     19.1 19.0 +0.1   19.4 19.4 19.1 16.7 15.6 ... 6.0

All Vaccinations     5814 5847 -33   5771 6279 6699 7342 N/A ... 15364
1st Dose     2341 2276 +65   2119 2062 2004 2118 N/A ... 2844
2nd Dose     3473 3571 -98   3652 4217 4695 5224 N/A ... 12520

All in hospital     1069 1071 -2   1064 1058 1050 1041 1032 ... 524
Non-ICU     976 976 0   970 965 959 952 944 ... 473
ICU     93 95 -2   94 93 91 89 88 ... 51

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Big old dive for the % rate but the daily total is still hovering.  Got to hope that rate continues to creep downwards.  There's been so much fluctuation that it's anyone's guess what the situation will be like next week.  

i tend to just look at the hospitalisations and as long as they keep nosing downwards fine. Probably a spike in a couple of weeks with the Students who knows.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest trend stats:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area WHO   Today Yesterday     20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep 16 Sep ... 1 Sep
Scotland 4   461 486 -25   495 519 557 524 N/A ... 747

West Dunbartonshire 4   749 763 -14   787 821 875 825 N/A ... 1105
North Lanarkshire 4   619 665 -46   664 686 721 679 N/A ... 1261
South Ayrshire 4   596 638 -42   663 670 673 614 N/A ... 658
East Dunbartonshire 4   593 573 +20   585 617 656 584 N/A ... 1150
East Ayrshire 4   576 587 -11   596 604 633 631 N/A ... 627
ri Alban’s Turf 4   574 643 -69   637 650 690 703 N/A ... 1041
North Ayrshire 4   561 609 -48   616 647 682 658 N/A ... 772
Falkirk 4   536 527 +9   543 569 605 519 N/A ... 690
Dundee City 4   532 520 +12   539 582 609 592 N/A ... 697
Fife 4   526 544 -18   546 573 636 588 N/A ... 597
Inverclyde 4   522 587 -65   610 625 671 711 N/A ... 1238
South Lanarkshire 4   508 559 -51   551 563 601 565 N/A ... 1013
West Lothian 4   502 555 -53   580 613 700 639 N/A ... 668
Stirling 4   497 526 -29   539 569 612 542 N/A ... 628
Midlothian 4   494 536 -42   545 596 666 612 N/A ... 754
East Renfrewshire 4   493 563 -70   601 656 714 709 N/A ... 1080
Glasgow City 4   483 516 -33   521 543 582 565 N/A ... 989
Clackmannanshire 4   474 452 +22   443 501 556 452 N/A ... 704
Aberdeenshire 4   444 466 -22   475 500 522 480 N/A ... 424
Argyll & Bute 4   423 434 -11   447 469 471 461 N/A ... 712
Perth & Kinross 4   388 375 +13   386 398 372 357 N/A ... 297
Aberdeen City 4   383 397 -14   413 432 439 403 N/A ... 414
Dumfries & Galloway 4   363 355 +8   363 368 384 343 N/A ... 620
Edinburgh City 4   338 367 -29   384 419 484 445 N/A ... 722
Angus 4   314 292 +22   311 340 366 367 N/A ... 430
East Lothian 4   303 327 -24   340 363 435 382 N/A ... 604
Highland 4   291 295 -4   299 313 339 307 N/A ... 531
Scottish Borders 4   287 299 -12   325 351 378 370 N/A ... 430
Moray 4   205 207 -2   197 210 233 194 N/A ... 183
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4   166 147 +19   140 151 136 140 N/A ... 170
Orkney Islands 3   116 103 +13   107 134 134 188 N/A ... 67
Shetland Islands 3   79 131 -52   144 162 162 166 N/A ... 262

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     20 Sep 19 Sep 18 Sep 17 Sep 16 Sep ... 1 Sep
Tests     41225 42337 -1112   43022 44687 46067 41663 N/A ... 46368
Cases     3603 3791 -188   3863 4052 4349 4090 N/A ... 5832
Positivity rate %     9.4 9.7 -0.3   9.7 9.8 10.2 10.6 N/A ... 13.3
Deaths     19.1 19.0 +0.1   19.4 19.4 19.1 16.7 15.6 ... 6.0

All Vaccinations     5814 5847 -33   5771 6279 6699 7342 N/A ... 15364
1st Dose     2341 2276 +65   2119 2062 2004 2118 N/A ... 2844
2nd Dose     3473 3571 -98   3652 4217 4695 5224 N/A ... 12520

All in hospital     1069 1071 -2   1064 1058 1050 1041 1032 ... 524
Non-ICU     976 976 0   970 965 959 952 944 ... 473
ICU     93 95 -2   94 93 91 89 88 ... 51

👍

3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

never advocated anything mate so you are wrong there

i raised points for discussion one of them being alternatives to lockdowns so may be that would be where you are getting confused - those alternatives coupled with expert advice / guidelines like chief mammys good advice of just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t mean it is the sensible thing to do (depending on circumstances )

Fair enough, I think it's reasonable to presume what people post is their opinion unless they say otherwise, and I don't remember you doing that, but might be wrong about that.

the cigarette packet thing - 2 things (to my knowledge) the damaged lungs were of anonymous people - secondly  if highlighting the deaths of anti-vaxxers is s similar public service then who is the target audience on here ? to my knowledge all bar a few (who are apparently so far down rabbit hole etc etc .,..) are vaccinated even those opposed to perceived coercion

This is a public forum, anyone can read it, so I don't think you can assume that the only people that read this thread post on it too.

When the vaccine passport thread came on the scene there were quite a lot of new people joined up to post on that thread, and several of them were covid/vaccine sceptics/deniers. They must have been reading the forum before joining, maybe if they read that people who had espoused similar views have died from Covid it will give them pause for thought.  

who is the target audience in the very funnily-named a leopard ate my face ?

public service to help people make the right decisions entitled a leopard are my face

Yesterday was the first time I looked at that page so you'll know as much about it as I do,  I'd guess the target audience is Reddit users. 

I don't know if that page was set up before the pandemic, but the phrase about leopards definitely preceded Covid, and was a shorthand for people facing the consequences of their actions. 

The posts aren't exclusive to Covid, so you're maybe reading a bit too much into it.

keep up the good work mate 

Will do mate. :thumb:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
23 minutes ago, Beni said:

Fair enough, I think it's reasonable to presume what people post is their opinion unless they say otherwise, and I don't remember you doing that, but might be wrong about that.

This is a public forum, anyone can read it, so I don't think you can assume that the only people that read this thread post on it too.

When the vaccine passport thread came on the scene there were quite a lot of new people joined up to post on that thread, and several of them were covid/vaccine sceptics/deniers. They must have been reading the forum before joining, maybe if they read that people who had espoused similar views have died from Covid it will give them pause for thought.  

Yesterday was the first time I looked at that page so you'll know as much about it as I do,  I'd guess the target audience is Reddit users. 

I don't know if that page was set up before the pandemic, but the phrase about leopards definitely preceded Covid, and was a shorthand for people facing the consequences of their actions. 

The posts aren't exclusive to Covid, so you're maybe reading a bit too much into it.

Will do mate. :thumb:

first part you are wrong - the general theme of my posts on here have roughly gone along the lines of a poster saying we should do A and B will happen and me going have you thought of all the other complexities in your assumption that B will actually happen

those examples could be for or against lockdown / the likelihood and extent of covid being seasonal / whether we should copy nz as we’re also an island etc etc - mostly me asking questions as the experts don’t know though the answers so it’s unlikely I will though plenty on here thought they did - in the most part I challenged the certainty of their opinions/conclusions rather than their opinion in itself

If you think the posts on this forum or on a leopard ate my face and such like about anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers etc losing their lives are posted primarily as a help and warning to others without distaste then we’ll just have to disagree on that one

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

My wife had a PCR test at 10:30am yesterday at Oxgangs Library, after being identified as a close contact of a positive case. She got her negative result overnight, so is back to work as normal today.

That's the case for the vast majority of people. My daughter had one at 12pm on Monday and we are still waiting. It is extremely frustrating, exacerbated by the fact they won't investigate delayed results until 72 hours. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

seen a couple of recent interviews where scientists saying it could wax and wane without any obvious reason - as you say anyone’s guess (including theirs)

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Summary

Wow...excellent drop in positive test results. Hospital numbers dipping for the first time in ages too. Long may it continue. 👏

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Wow...excellent drop in positive test results. Hospital numbers dipping for the first time in ages too. Long may it continue. 👏

One of the stats still to be cautious about is the ICU number. While it dropped nicely today, I'd imagine that half of the 49 deaths reported over the last couple of days came from those in ICU.  Daily admissions to ICU average around 10, which is where they have been for the last couple of weeks.

Increased cases -> two weeks -> Increased hospitalisations -> one week -> increased ICU -> one week -> increased deaths

Falling cases -> two weeks -> falling hospitalisations -> one week -> falling ICU -> one week -> falling deaths 

Case rates peaked just over two weeks ago (6 Sep), so we should be entering the "falling hospitalisations" stage.  My rough model can obviously go tits up if there is another spike in cases as students return.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

One of the stats still to be cautious about is the ICU number. While it dropped nicely today, I'd imagine that half of the 49 deaths reported over the last couple of days came from those in ICU.  Daily admissions to ICU average around 10, which is where they have been for the last couple of weeks.

Increased cases -> two weeks -> Increased hospitalisations -> one week -> increased ICU -> one week -> increased deaths

Falling cases -> two weeks -> falling hospitalisations -> one week -> falling ICU -> one week -> falling deaths 

Case rates peaked just over two weeks ago (6 Sep), so we should be entering the "falling hospitalisations" stage.  My rough model can obviously go tits up if there is another spike in cases as students return.

One factor is that most of the students this time round have either had covid (one of my kids) , so will have some antibodies hopefully, have had vaccinations (both my kids have had both) . So the R rate should be inhibited in that group

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

One factor is that most of the students this time round have either had covid (one of my kids) , so will have some antibodies hopefully, have had vaccinations (both my kids have had both) . So the R rate should be inhibited in that group

That sounds positive.

Anyone know if Corporate Travel Management are still the only supplier of Day 2 PCR tests when returning to Scotland? 

There are plenty suppliers here in Spain for the pre-flight antigen tests but not sure about the Day 2 arrival ones.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone know if Corporate Travel Management are still the only supplier of Day 2 PCR tests when returning to Scotland? 

There are plenty suppliers here in Spain for the pre-flight antigen tests but not sure about the Day 2 arrival ones.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/how-to-find-the-cheapest-private-coronavirus-tests-for-travel/#arrivalstwo

There are also discount codes you can use with some of the private suppliers.

My last day 2 test was with Randox (£48, reduced to £43 with a discount).

From the document link.

(1) Randox Health via code BritishAirways43. (2) Randox Health via code easyjet2021. (3) Randox Health via code ejh2021. (4) Randox Health (for Jet2) via code Test21. (5) Randox Health via code KLM. (6) For 2021 travel to Cyprus, Greece & Spain (incl Balearic, Canary & Greek Islands), booked by Thursday 30 September. (7) Randox Health via code FLYRYANAIR. (8) Via code AMEX20.

Discount codes for private testers via airlines are only for their own passengers.

Edited by Footballfirst

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You can use the English private companies now. There is loads of them at various price points. 

Depending on your flying with you might fight they have a deal with or at least recommend some private supplier./

Thanks Lord BJ. Yes, the link on the Scot Gov site didn't seem to work for me but I've googled the other self-swab ones now. 👍

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/how-to-find-the-cheapest-private-coronavirus-tests-for-travel/#arrivalstwo

From the document link.

(1) Randox Health via code BritishAirways43. (2) Randox Health via code easyjet2021. (3) Randox Health via code ejh2021. (4) Randox Health via code Test21. (5) Randox Health via code KLM. (6) For 2021 travel to Cyprus, Greece & Spain (incl Balearic, Canary & Greek Islands), booked by Thursday 30 September. (7) Randox Health via code FLYRYANAIR. (8) Via code AMEX20.

Discount codes for private testers via airlines are only for their own passengers.

Thanks for that FF. I'll have a look at the options there. At least they bring the price down a bit, from the £68 NHS one..👍

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

If you think the posts on this forum or on a leopard ate my face and such like about anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers etc losing their lives are posted primarily as a help and warning to others without distaste then we’ll just have to disagree on that one

I'm not going to second guess why people are posting about the deaths of covid deniers, that's up to them, and you are free to speculate on my thoughts if you like, but I do think it's useful for people to know that the virus doesn't care what they believe, what YouTube channels they watch, or what conspiracy sites they subscribe to.

You find that distasteful, fair enough, personally I find the spreading of disinformation which costs people their lives more distasteful.

willie wallace
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

From the document link.

(1) Randox Health via code BritishAirways43. (2) Randox Health via code easyjet2021. (3) Randox Health via code ejh2021. (4) Randox Health (for Jet2) via code Test21. (5) Randox Health via code KLM. (6) For 2021 travel to Cyprus, Greece & Spain (incl Balearic, Canary & Greek Islands), booked by Thursday 30 September. (7) Randox Health via code FLYRYANAIR. (8) Via code AMEX20.

Are you still hoping to make it to Holland FF.

I think you mentioned October in of one of your posts.

I am also now aiming for mid to late October but not too confident 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic