Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

willie wallace
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

140,000 being allowed into Silverstone on 18th July for British GP

Only 10000 to be allowed into Twickenham for the English rugby final between Exeter and Harlequins.

Rugby guys not happy.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

More Nationalist rhetoric thrown about with no basis in fact. Everyone comes to the UK through Heathrow? 🤣 . What a parochial pile of shite. Other airports were available to bring the virus from Italian ski resorts in particular, through every part of the UK, including Edinburgh. 

The reason Nanny Nicola is fanning your racist and xenophobic hatred is because the Delta variant appeared early in her own back yard, her own constituency in fact, and she doesn't want her fan boys to see that. You're promoting destructive conspiracy theories to hide behind a far right Nationalist front. Clearly you've got a chip on your shoulder because deep down you know that multi cultural London exposes your narrow minded extremist views that don't have the science to back them up.

😂

Wolfie you've lost it son!

It's a coronavirus thread and you're wanging on about racism, nationalism and xenophobia. 

If you wiped the slavers and froth off your screen you'd be able to read and engage with what people write, even if you don't understand it.

Anyway, sweaty socks, krankies, scot nazis etc etc

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

There must be some way of assessing statistically how many have died with Covid would have died anyway but it is all a bit nitpicking. 

It is a wee bit surprising that "excess deaths" widely said at the beginning of this to be the best measure of fatalities in a pandemic have been negative for several months given that the impact on treatments for non-related illnesses must have resulted in more deaths than would otherwise have occurred.

Yeah, its 100%

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

There's no pretence now that we're not going for herd immunity by both infection and vaccination.

There are some indications towards it.  If it is a deliberate strategy then,  cautiously,  I reckon it might turn out to be a reasonable one that could yield some benefits ahead.  It may have been modelled that the hospitals will be able to cope with whatever volume of presentations occurs before we've gone well beyond the population immunity threshold.  It may have been calculated that a window of opportunity exists to basically go banzai for the finishing line while the resources are easily able to cope.  If almost everyone is vaccinated or has had a fairly recent exposure to virus by late summer or autumn,  this might stand us in very good stead ahead of winter.  

Another fascinating possibility is a ploy to allow huge numbers of people to become exposed to the Delta variant while their immune protection is strong enough to prevent acute illness.  To allow Delta to run it's course while it can't cause much harm.  Further variants will come but I think there is a limit to how many times they can appear with their markedly increased transmissibility.  Delta could have a notional R0 value (in a notional unvaccinated population) of as much as about 8 to 10.  Without gaining the advantage of being able to exist in viable,  virulent virus in the air for really long periods of time (the real definition of it being 'airborne'),  there's a limit to how transmissible it can be.  Perhaps at that point it's evolutionary survival advantage will be to become stable and endemic.  

The Canaries weren’t added to the Green List tonight mainly due to the higher infection rate in Tenerife most in Santa Cruz. Stuff though I booked to go anyway for two months from the beginning of August anyway. The lifting of quarantine requirements towards the end of summer here in the UK gave me confidence to book. 
Me and the missus have both been double jabbed we have our own apartment and are happy to laze around the pool or beach. When we go out for a meal or a drink it’s all out doors anyway. 
Really looking forward to going now. 

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

It's a coronavirus thread and you're wanging on about racism, nationalism and xenophobia. 

If you wiped the slavers and froth off your screen you'd be able to read and engage with what people write, even if you don't understand it.

😂😂😂

:greatpost:

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Is this happening in the "UK" EC? 

I detest "with every fibre of my being" the Conservatives*, however, your last sentence, to quote Tom Hardy, "That's bait"...

*Bold assumption on my part that you mean government policy!

Well, yes, it's happening KvC. Not saying it's govt policy, either in WM or Holyrood, but there have been plenty articles about families finding about a relative having one imposed , without their knowledge.  Certainly this happened in Scottish care homes.

In England, NHS representatives were visiting some individuals at home asking them to display, believe it or not, DNR notices on their wall, in order to inform paramedics that may or may not have had cause to attend to them. 

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Just dropped in for my daily laugh at the britnats, thank you so much for one of the best 😁😁😁😁

You support racism, xenophobia and prejudice so your singing the same song as your fellow Nationalists. I call them out for the scum they are. There really is nothing funny about your level of prejudice.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Only 10000 to be allowed into Twickenham for the English rugby final between Exeter and Harlequins.

Rugby guys not happy.

At Twickenham the spectators are spread around a 500m perimeter. At Silverstone, its nearer 6K, albeit with a range of fixed grandstands.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

😂😂😂

You haven't presented an argument yet Colin, other than some slavering pish about the virus coming through Heathrow 🤣🤣🤣. I must have missed research paper on that. Its all, London, Londoners, Foreigners, English, close borders, Westminster. Come back when you can argue with the intellectuals. You're just a Scottish Nigel Farage.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You support racism, xenophobia and prejudice so your singing the same song as your fellow Nationalists. I call them out for the scum they are. There really is nothing funny about your level of prejudice.

:rofl:

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Jesus man

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

You need therapy. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

See he is following his Social distancing rules 🤣

I would imagine will be a goner as no longer credible.

No one cares, look what(Yes, what) occupies number 10. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

No one cares, look what(Yes, what) occupies number 10. 

Yea that's a fair point, interesting to see where it goes.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

You haven't presented an argument yet Colin, other than some slavering pish about the virus coming through Heathrow 🤣🤣🤣. I must have missed research paper on that. Its all, London, Londoners, Foreigners, English, close borders, Westminster. Come back when you can argue with the intellectuals. You're just a Scottish Nigel Farage.

:clyay:

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Usual Vacuous contribution.

You should. vent your bile on the SNP thread.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

See he is following his Social distancing rules 🤣

I would imagine will be a goner as no longer credible.

At what point exactly has he ever looked credible? 🤔

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

At what point exactly has he ever looked credible? 🤔

🤣🤣 good question

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Matt Hancock adding to his already stellar reputation.:facepalm:

To be fair it's the first time he's ever shown he has anything about him. 

Fxxx the SPFL
17 hours ago, theshed said:

Said on news that 4 of those deaths were people over 75.  I know that doesn’t matter to the people’s family’s but makes you think they might have had other conditions 

yep and when the news outlets highlight deaths ages should be mentioned as that data should be readily available. just watching Munchieface on bbc news just now and all the questions to the professor were so negative. i know she's only the face of the bbc and reads the questions from a pre prepared list but they really need to get a grip and push the positives that the vaccines are working. 

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

TBH an extra marital affair wouldn’t normally bother me from someone, it happens. 

Does feel like he is being set up to take a massive fall and take some heat off others.

The guy is incompetent and the quicker he is out of government, the better for this country imo. 

He'll be the fall guy for sure. Either now or when this makes it to the public enquiry.

Johnson will run out of patsies eventually.

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He'll be the fall guy for sure. Either now or when this makes it to the public enquiry.

Johnson will run out of patsies eventually.

B94242E2-CC72-46FD-A2CA-0FC6B8690954.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
10 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

You actually think that all Scottish Nationalists support racism, xenophobia and prejudice?

All of us?

Even those of us who have forrin spouses?

If so you're a balloon and you need to give your head a wobble as it is utter nonsense to suggest that it is even remotely true about SNP and indy supporters in Scotland.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Nucky Thompson

Heading down to Berwick for the Hearts game shortly. 

I know it's a shitey wee friendly, but really looking forward to the day out.

Normality not far away hopefully 

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You actually think that all Scottish Nationalists support racism, xenophobia and prejudice?

All of us?

If so you're a balloon and you need to give your head a wobble as it is utter nonsense to suggest that it is even remotely true about SNP and indy supporters in Scotland.

Have to agree with you,it’s the same when those who’d prefer Scotland to remain part of the UK are branded as raving Royalist Englanders and are treated with contempt by their fellow countrymen.

Its a sorry saga.

willie wallace
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

At Twickenham the spectators are spread around a 500m perimeter. At Silverstone, its nearer 6K, albeit with a range of fixed grandstands.

It wasn't so much a reference to the grand prix as such but a comparison to Wembley as both stadiums have similar capacities.

I think  the reason given was the rugby was not considered a test event. 

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:
14 hours ago, XB52 said:

Just dropped in for my daily laugh at the britnats, thank you so much for one of the best 😁😁😁😁

:greatpost:

21 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Ps @Governor Tarkinsomeone at a vaccine centre I was at tried to get in after 6 weeks and wasn't allowed, but they didn't insist.  You need to insist getting past parking attendants, event safety and NHS registration before you see a vaccinator.

The senior vaccinator I spoke to said she would likely put a vaccine in you due to your travel timings.  Also should note whether walk ups are still going to be allowed.

Good lad, Detty, cheers.

I'll sling that Cant a deefie and chance my arm anyway.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Of to the cinema today for the first time since COVID struck. Kind of looking forward to it. 

Sex-Cinema.jpg

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

All of us?

Nationalism relies on Racism, Xenophobia and hate, always. That is a lesson we can all learn from History. Not all Nationalists will see themselves as racist, but they will turn the other way and deny it exists when they come across it. In some ways that's worse. When confronted with these painful facts Nationalists resort to abuse because they can't argue logically. Terms like traitor, Balloon, Scots hater, will be used. Nationalists will seek to undermine their opponents by suggesting that they're mad and need therapy. Is this anyone you know?

Konrad von Carstein
19 minutes ago, stevie said:

Have to agree with you,it’s the same when those who’d prefer Scotland to remain part of the UK are branded as raving Royalist Englanders and are treated with contempt by their fellow countrymen.

Its a sorry saga.

On an emotive subject like independence,  spewing invective at people because they are on the opposite side of the debate from you doesn't strengthen your case or is likely to influence rational people.

NB: My posting history on this subject may mark me down as a ragin' hypocrite, but, hey :lol:

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nationalism relies on Racism, Xenophobia and hate, always. That is a lesson we can all learn from History. Not all Nationalists will see themselves as racist, but they will turn the other way and deny it exists when they come across it. In some ways that's worse. When confronted with these painful facts Nationalists resort to abuse because they can't argue logically. Terms like traitor, Balloon, Scots hater, will be used. Nationalists will seek to undermine their opponents by suggesting that they're mad and need therapy. Is this anyone you know?

Aye,  you!

Unknown user
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Lol bollocks from top to bottom

All I want is for Scotland to take care of it's own interests, like every other nation in the world. There's no racism, xenophobia or hate there.

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Smithee said:

All I want is for Scotland to take care of it's own interests, like every other nation in the world. There's no racism, xenophobia or hate there.

Umpteen times this... Good post (once more)

Fxxx the SPFL
36 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My old boy just got his second jab using walk in centre. Said it was great as no queues as it was AZ. 

Anyway glad he’s double jab after the hassles he had getting the 1st. 

good news LBJ 👍

Unknown user
Just now, jonesy said:

On this forum, if you're not currently a die-hard independence supporter then you're branded a Tory by those who are. It's pathetic.

That's not true

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I dealt with denial in the second sentence. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic