• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Hancock has been hopeless so it's no surprise he won't back him. But yet again more gotcha journalism from that boot. 

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hancock has been hopeless so it's no surprise he won't back him. But yet again more gotcha journalism from that boot. 

Lol gotcha journalism, whenever a question is difficult or inconvenient to answer it's gotcha journalism according to the right.#

That's their job, to ask questions, unexpected questions, questions that are awkward.

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lol gotcha journalism, whenever a question is difficult or inconvenient to answer it's gotcha journalism according to the right.#

That's their job, to ask questions, unexpected questions, questions that are awkward.

The sort of questions that , if asked of the SNP in Scotland,  would bring the tartan clad hate mob out to protest.

51 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Even Hancock didn't seem entirely sure when he was asked the same question. 😆

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Even Hancock didn't seem entirely sure when he was asked the same question. 😆

😂😂

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The sort of questions that , if asked of the SNP in Scotland,  would bring the tartan clad hate mob out to protest.

I don't know about that, but it certainly brings out the right wing radges when asked of the head of the NHS about his boss.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think that a bit unfair on the guy. Its a political question and he will require to be partisan when representing the NHS. Yet it still gets broadcast.

That said its clear as day Hancock is and has been incompetent from the start to finish of this crisis. Unlike, other I also believe he is doing his best and probably well intentioned, I just think he is hopelessly out his depth and fundamentally incompetent.

I think he may well be hung out to dry by the tories in the not to distant future. They will use  fall guys as part of a larger strategy of winning next election. I think he’s probably a dead man walking politically, within his own party.

Asking the head of the NHS if he believes the health secretary is competent during a pandemic is surely the most reasonable thing in the world.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Asking the head of the NHS if he believes the health secretary is competent during a pandemic is surely the most reasonable thing in the world.

Not if you understand how the separation between civil service and government is supposed to work.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't know about that, but it certainly brings out the right wing radges when asked of the head of the NHS about his boss.

You expect him to publicly call his boss hopeless ? 😳😂

Konrad von Carstein
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:yawn: :sleeping2:

:)

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not if you understand how the separation between civil service and government is supposed to work.

If he'd said "yeah I have full confidence in him" would there have been an issue?

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You expect him to publicly call his boss hopeless ? 😳😂

I'd expect him to say he had confidence in him if he did

Just now, Smithee said:

Well we saw that for ourselves.

Exactly, So the questioning wasn’t that reasonable then as it’s pretty clear Hancock has been hopeless. Leading with asking him if his boss is hopeless is pretty shit journalism looking for a bite. Reasonable or hard/tough question is isn’t. 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If he'd said "yeah I have full confidence in him" would there have been an issue?

Despite the fact that not a soul alive would've believed him, yes there would be an issue with it, and it would have been dealt with internally.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Exactly, So the questioning wasn’t that reasonable then as it’s pretty clear Hancock has been hopeless. Leading with asking him if his boss is hopeless is pretty shit journalism looking for a bite. Reasonable or hard/tough question is isn’t. 

Journalists shouldn't ask questions when it's obvious?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Despite the fact that not a soul alive would've believed him, yes there would be an issue with it, and it would have been dealt with internally.

I doubt that very much

Just now, Smithee said:

Journalists shouldn't ask questions when it's obvious?

Yeah that’s what I said. 🙄

You said it was a reasonable question, when its rhetorical and could involve you losing your job I disagree.  Enjoy your day Smithee

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Yeah that’s what I said. 🙄

You said it was a reasonable question, when its rhetorical and could involve you losing your job I disagree.  Enjoy your day Smithee

" the questioning wasn’t that reasonable then as it’s pretty clear Hancock has been hopeless"

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

" the questioning wasn’t that reasonable then as it’s pretty clear Hancock has been hopeless"

Unreasonable and rhetorical then. 

Brighton Jambo

Of course Matt Hancock is hopeless but a senior civil servant is absolutely prohibited to answer that question.  Whether he answers yes or no it would be overtly political.   For me there is nothing more to it than that.  

Hardly anyone has come out of this shambles well politically except Nadhim Zahawi 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Of course Matt Hancock is hopeless but a senior civil servant is absolutely prohibited to answer that question.  Whether he answers yes or no it would be overtly political.   For me there is nothing more to it than that.  

Hardly anyone has come out of this shambles well politically except Nadhim Zahawi 

Correct.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

He does though. His wife dresses up as Nanny on the weekend.

Imagine Prince John from Robin Hood, the cartoon movie, meets Kevin Bacon from Animal House...there you go...!

That is a glimpse into a dark and warped mind….

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Does that mean a journalist is prohibited from asking it?

The question was asked, the guy didn't answer, yet we all heard his answer. The journalist has done their job here.

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Imagine Prince John from Robin Hood, the cartoon movie, meets Kevin Bacon from Animal House...there you go...!

😀 thats bad enough !

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, Barack said:

She's a ginger.

Would.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

We need far more right wing radges imo

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ok my second stated why it wasn’t the most reasonable question, or at least a question that couldn’t be answered. 

I'd say he answered it pretty clearly myself!

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

We need far more right wing radges imo

Anything to the starboard side of Trotsky is a right wing radge in smithee's book, Enzo. 🤷‍♂️

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Notinghill carnival canceled

That'll relieve the pressure on the NHS a bit.

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Anything to the starboard side of Trotsky is a right wing radge in smithee's book, Enzo. 🤷‍♂️

😂

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Think I should just about qualify then Guv👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Barack said:

And that you knew exactly what I was referring to, means I welcome you into Donnie Darko territory.

:jj:

It’s a mad world 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Notinghill carnival canceled

They can all get down to Leicester Square/Hyde Park where there's currently a carnival in full swing. 

JudyJudyJudy

Anyone know why NS has a daily briefing today ? I thought these were only scheduled for “ exceptional “ statements of some sort ? Maybe people enjoying themselves too much due to the Euros so mama Nicky reeling us in ? 

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Does that mean a journalist is prohibited from asking it?

The question was asked, the guy didn't answer, yet we all heard his answer. The journalist has done their job here.

He didn’t answer anything because if he said either yes or no there’s every chance he would lose his job.   

why are you taking about the journalist to me, I never mentioned her? 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyone know why NS has a daily briefing today ? I thought these were only scheduled for “ exceptional “ statements of some sort ? Maybe people enjoying themselves too much due to the Euros so mama Nicky reeling us in ? 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/what-time-nicola-sturgeons-update-today-when-first-minister-will-speak-about-phase-two-scotlands-lockdown-and-how-watch-2887906

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is that not last year, Red??

Is it . Although one would think it is today as it’s all blended into one really 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hope your ok Red ? Not like you to make an error with docs / stats / etc 👍😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Or maybe it was a clever trick to see if I would notice it ? Check my comprehension skills 😂😂 or how daft I am 😂

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

He didn’t answer anything because if he said either yes or no there’s every chance he would lose his job.   

why are you taking about the journalist to me, I never mentioned her? 

Because that's what I was talking about, whether the journalist was it of order adding the question

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Feed em to the pigs I say

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I would say he never answered it by virtue of not giving an answer.......😃

Yet we're all pretty clear on whether he thinks Hat Mancock is competent

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Feed em to the pigs I say

“Four legs good, two legs better! All Animals Are Equal. But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.”  Eh Napoleon? 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

i think everyone in the country, with the possible exception of his immediate family, think he’s incompetent. 

To be fair to him he had a thankless task really ! First time any Head of the NHS has had to deal with a pandemic . A real one at that . 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic