Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

How many of the 130,000 tombstones had severe underlying health issues and would no doubt have died anyhow and how many were put down to 'suspected Covid'. My mother in law passed away four weeks ago she had very severe underlying health issues and could have gone anytime in the last twelve months. No doubt if they had put suspected Covid down on her death certificate that would be another death that had feck all to do with it. My daughter who works in a general hospital has also alluded to the fact that a good number of Covid deaths were due to obesity extra pressure on the lungs etc. I have always abided by the rules laid down by the SG i have not always liked or agreed with them but once all have been vaccinated we must try and return to as close to normality as possible imo.

Exactly . A friends dad died whilst in hospital with cancer and he apparently died of a covid death . He was 98 ! 

30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not you though.

Wrong 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd imagine that's a relatively small proportion of people who've died from it. It's certainly not all of them, or anywhere close. 

Exactly 

Edited by JamesM48

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

It’s a tetchy mood on the thread today !  I can’t believe that there are still people harping on blaming others for spreads of the virus . The classic Blame game . Both Govts love this divisive language as it absolves them of their responsibility and duty . As I’ve said loads most people have abided by the rules most of the time . 

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Could you please point me to where I said the words unique or ‘too important’ or any other phrase that you have made up to try and win an argument you can’t win.  

I don’t disagree we could have locked down more but comparing a country like the UK to New Zealand is absolutely ridiculous and just reeks of political point scoring rather than a debate on borders.  From what I can see your argument seems to be based on the simple fact that they are both islands but completely ignores all the other salient points.  They are simply incomparable but you choose not to see it.  

Political point-scoring. For who, exactly?

This isn't about scoring points, this about a government that ****ed up time and time again, costing lives, hammering the economy with weak lockdowns that inevitably became extended for months, and have now probably ****ed summer up for businesses and people alike since, with the benefit of hindsight, they still couldn't place India on the red list timeously. 

Choose to make as many excuses as you like, it will not alter the facts. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Those who weren't deemed priority for vaccination you mean, those key workers? In the main though, they should have all been in a 'covid securr' workplace, distanced and behind screens. 

Huh? Folk were key workers for about a year before the vaccines reached the market - so all of them were at risk for that period, sadly. It also would have taken time for businesses to sort out secure workplaces - some might never have been suitable to enact all the necessary actions to ensure safe, distanced working.

Really the point I was making, that whilst there will be folk who broke rules and someone down the line paid the price, a lot of people will have had no choice but to take risks for a long period for both themselves and their families. Apportioning blame at the individual level sits less well with me than blaming our inept government for constantly ****ing up. We can see just how little grasp of the situation our PM had from those Cummings message leaks.     

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s a tetchy mood on the thread today !  I can’t believe that there are still people harping on blaming others for spreads of the virus . The classic Blame game . Both Govts love this divisive language as it absolves them of their responsibility and duty . As I’ve said loads most people have abided by the rules most of the time . 

For once I'm in complete agreement. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Wrong 

Ah ok, so you were lying in all your previous posts throughout the thread where you admitted to (or more accurately, 'boasted about') ignoring the rules? Cool.

Edited by Ray Gin

With asymptomatic infections at 1 in 3 and an R rate that never got particularly high the amount of infections caused by rogue rule breakers interacting with rule followers will be really quite low and the number of deaths even lower.

The vast, vast majority of deaths will have come from institutional failures causing super spreader events and then asymptomatic carriers unknowingly passing it on to their wider network. That's government, NHS, care home and employer failings, or people who went on to die from it also not following the rules; not individuals going around infecting 2 or 3 people and now with blood on their hands.

Stop lapping up the government's narrative that people are to blame. They're not. I'd say nobody is really to blame, it's a virus, it happens...but if we must lay the blame at people's doors then look no further than the institutions above.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I disagree about hindsight. We simply weren’t prepared. We were also playing with authoritarianism. Asking people to do things, I mean, c’mon, it is a once in a century pandemic. And we live on an island ! 
Johnson’s first lockdown statement was a classic example of this. People were scratching their heads, wondering what on earth he was telling them. Vague babbling and no concrete rules. I must ask you to stay at home. Jeez, if it wasn’t so serious, it would have been laughable.

The mistakes, all avoidable, cost lives. They are culpable. Simple as that.

I for one would not have been prepared to accept the kind of authoritarian lockdown that you seem to advocate. Being "welded to your house" as Dominic Cummings proposed would have been rejected by millions. They were lucky to get the compliance that they did. So that was never an option imo. 

Maybe in China or Russia where they ruthlessly crackdown, yes, but in the UK with skateboarding bobbies happy to "take the knee", no chance. 

The island comparison is irrelevant.  We are a trading nation and London is a global hub, there is no comparison with NZ or Australia. Closing borders was never a realistic option and was not proposed by scientists either iirc

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

For once I'm in complete agreement. 

👍

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

With asymptomatic infections at 1 in 3 and an R rate that never got particularly high the amount of infections caused by rogue rule breakers interacting with rule followers will be really quite low and the number of deaths even lower.

The vast, vast majority of deaths will have come from institutional failures causing super spreader events and then asymptomatic carriers unknowingly passing it on to their wider network. That's government, NHS, care home and employer failings, or people who went on to die from it also not following the rules; not individuals going around infecting 2 or 3 people and now with blood on their hands.

Stop lapping up the government's narrative that people are to blame. They're not. I'd say nobody is really to blame, it's a virus, it happens...but if we must lay the blame at people's doors then look no further than the institutions above.

Well said . Even if we had closed our borders ( flying ) variants would have still found their way into the U.K. like you said it’s a virus 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ah ok, so you were lying in all your previous posts throughout the thread where you admitted to (or more accurately, 'boasted about') ignoring the rules? Cool.

Still Trying to work out what your on about really ? Oh no wearing a mask ? My right ? Like I’ve said I’ve always followed the mask rules even if didn’t agree with it . I could have easily went down the “ exemption “ route but I did my bit . As for meeting family and friends outwits the diktats of Govt ? Well I think most people gave up on that way back last year . They made their own risk assessments . You know taking self responsibility . 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd suggest in the first wave you are right. Institutional settings were the driver of the infection. However in round 2, where the death rate accelerated and the majority of the deaths occurred the care homes and hospitals were tight as a drum, huge numbers of the country's workers were sitting at home and, as often told, kids don't spread it so that's the schools out the equation, it only really leaves individuals. 

Unless of course i'm missing a really obvious one?

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Still Trying to work out what your on about really ? Oh no wearing a mask ? My right ? Like I’ve said I’ve always followed the mask rules even if didn’t agree with it . I could have easily went down the “ exemption “ route but I did my bit . As for meeting family and friends outwits the diktats of Govt ? Well I think most people gave up on that way back last year . They made their own risk assessments . You know taking self responsibility . 

Folk making their own risk assessments was the principal reason for the huge spike in cases, hospitalisations and deaths in the aftermath of the festive period, to take one example, and has been the cause of a great deal of the transmission of the virus. Institutional failings and governmental mistakes have indeed led to much of the virus' spread, but so have the incorrect decisions of a significant number of individuals who decided to "make their own risk assessments". All that folk were asked to do, in order to protect society, was follow the advice we we were all given, and many of them just couldn't do it or didn't want to do it, and even boasted about it on here. You can't absolve these folk now from having had a hand in the fact that we didn't defeat this virus far more quickly and with less damage to society.

Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Political point-scoring. For who, exactly?

This isn't about scoring points, this about a government that ****ed up time and time again, costing lives, hammering the economy with weak lockdowns that inevitably became extended for months, and have now probably ****ed summer up for businesses and people alike since, with the benefit of hindsight, they still couldn't place India on the red list timeously. 

Choose to make as many excuses as you like, it will not alter the facts. 

Huh? Folk were key workers for about a year before the vaccines reached the market - so all of them were at risk for that period, sadly. It also would have taken time for businesses to sort out secure workplaces - some might never have been suitable to enact all the necessary actions to ensure safe, distanced working.

Really the point I was making, that whilst there will be folk who broke rules and someone down the line paid the price, a lot of people will have had no choice but to take risks for a long period for both themselves and their families. Apportioning blame at the individual level sits less well with me than blaming our inept government for constantly ****ing up. We can see just how little grasp of the situation our PM had from those Cummings message leaks.     

you are becoming hysterical.  I agree with everything you have just said about weak lockdown and the India red list etc and have never said otherwise.  

What I don’t agree with is you using New Zealand as an example of a country we could have followed.  Because it’s nonsense and now you seem to be ranting about something else entirely.

I won’t make any excuses for Boris as this has been a very poorly handled response.  But people who say we should copy New Zealand are either totally ignorant about the fundamental differences between the Two countries or are aware of the differences but are ignoring them to try and point score.  

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd suggest in the first wave you are right. Institutional settings were the driver of the infection. However in round 2, where the death rate accelerated and the majority of the deaths occurred the care homes and hospitals were tight as a drum, huge numbers of the country's workers were sitting at home and, as often told, kids don't spread it so that's the schools out the equation, it only really leaves individuals. 

In December and January, hospital infections were the biggest source of cases in Scotland.  Hospitals have never been  "as tight as a drum". Several deaths were registered in a cancer ward at WGH where visitors were allowed to wander in freely without even a temperature check.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The two bits in bold I think. I'm also not convinced care homes, hospitals and workplaces were as tight as may have been made out.

Fxxx the SPFL
36 minutes ago, Boab said:

I disagree about hindsight. We simply weren’t prepared. We were also playing with authoritarianism. Asking people to do things, I mean, c’mon, it is a once in a century pandemic. And we live on an island ! 
Johnson’s first lockdown statement was a classic example of this. People were scratching their heads, wondering what on earth he was telling them. Vague babbling and no concrete rules. I must ask you to stay at home. Jeez, if it wasn’t so serious, it would have been laughable.

The mistakes, all avoidable, cost lives. They are culpable. Simple as that.

Boab, We possibly should have been did the SG not carry out an exercise a few years ago directed at what would happen in a pandemic and how to tackle or am i just a slavering bawbag.

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There you go. You ignored the rules.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In December and January, hospital infections were the biggest source of cases in Scotland.  Hospitals have never been  "as tight as a drum". Several deaths were registered in a cancer ward at WGH where visitors were allowed to wander in freely without even a temperature check.

Please provide evidence to back up this assertion, Enzo. Although there was some spread within hospitals, this seems a ridiculous claim to make, imo (and I'm being mild with my terminology here), given the huge number of infections experienced in Scotland during this period.

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Boab, We possibly should have been did the SG not carry out an exercise a few years ago directed at what would happen in a pandemic and how to tackle or am i just a slavering bawbag.

The UK Government did, yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/did-the-uk-government-prepare-for-the-wrong-kind-of-pandemic

Edited by redjambo

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Please provide evidence to back up this assertion, Enzo. Although there was some spread within hospitals, this seems a ridiculous claim to make, imo (and I'm being mild with my terminology here), given the huge number of infections experienced in Scotland during this period.

There was an article in The Times about it a couple of months ago, Red. I'll try and track it down. It was based on infections around Dec.

Scottish numbers: 16 June 2021

Summary

• 1,129 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+155; up from 1,011 a week ago]
  • 35,638 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+14,877]
    • 3.4% of these were positive [-1.6%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-1]
  • 15 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 133 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 3,551,739* people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,493,358* have received their second dose [+20,278; +23,177]

*Please note that this excludes data from GP systems from 14 June 2021. These will be included in tomorrow's figures.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There was an article in The Times about it a couple of months ago, Red. I'll try and track it down. It was based on infections around Dec.

Cheers, Enzo.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 16 June 2021

Summary

• 1,129 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+155; up from 1,011 a week ago]
  • 35,638 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+14,877]
    • 3.4% of these were positive [-1.6%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-1]
  • 15 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 133 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 3,551,739* people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,493,358* have received their second dose [+20,278; +23,177]

*Please note that this excludes data from GP systems from 14 June 2021. These will be included in tomorrow's figures.

👍Got in there before Real Maroonblood :yas:

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pretty sure the Scot Gov did one too

Exercise Silver Swan in 2015 granted it was directed at a major Flu Pandemic

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

They also did another one based on coronavirus in 2016.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

👍

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

ooooooooft guilty as charged lol

Today's trend data:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     14 Jun 13 Jun 12 Jun 11 Jun 10 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     124 122 +2   117 114 110 107 104 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 314 308 +6   297 301 273 266 261 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 253 251 +2   242 231 212 184 178 ... 25
Edinburgh City 2 4 210 202 +8   198 190 190 174 181 ... 27
Clackmannanshire 2 4 184 192 -8   175 180 192 202 198 ... 14
East Renfrewshire 2 4 179 167 +12   153 150 136 140 126 ... 24
Midlothian 2 4 177 180 -3   182 187 184 185 178 ... 10
East Lothian 1 4 167 158 +9   148 132 122 113 101 ... 5
East Ayrshire 2 4 157 160 -3   139 133 127 132 140 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 4 156 145 +11   133 133 127 120 124 ... 51
Glasgow City 2 4 153 160 -7   156 155 155 159 158 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 3 149 167 -18   158 153 143 136 136 ... 22
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 144 137 +7   135 141 137 125 110 ... 28
North Ayrshire 2 3 136 136 0   131 125 112 86 85 ... 17
Renfrewshire 2 3 132 138 -6   135 130 127 126 135 ... 20
North Lanarkshire 2 3 129 119 +10   115 110 104 104 93 ... 40
West Lothian 1 3 125 126 -1   115 116 119 114 100 ... 26
Angus 1 3 120 138 -18   142 151 151 153 183 ... 7
South Lanarkshire 2 3 104 104 0   101 99 95 97 87 ... 18
Aberdeen City 1 3 97 84 +13   73 69 57 54 40 ... 13
Stirling 2 3 86 74 +12   63 63 61 70 69 ... 11
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 3 76 50 +26   47 40 37 33 28 ... 7
Scottish Borders 1 3 75 68 +7   67 67 51 43 39 ... 6
Fife 1 3 69 64 +5   63 64 57 54 56 ... 32
Falkirk 1 3 58 50 +8   39 35 32 37 42 ... 23
Inverclyde 1 3 53 46 +7   46 41 41 31 30 ... 15
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 38 40 -2   38 44 46 41 33 ... 19
Aberdeenshire 1 2 26 24 +2   26 27 25 23 24 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 14 12 +2   12 12 11 14 18 ... 9
Moray 1 1 7 10 -3   9 9 10 15 14 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 2 7 -5   7 4 4 0 4 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 4 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 4 13 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     14 Jun 13 Jun 12 Jun 11 Jun 10 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     25518 25602 -84   24761 24820 24508 24621 24392 ... 18484
Cases     967 950 +17   910 893 856 832 816 ... 171
Positivity rate %     4.1 4.0 +0.1   4.0 3.9 3.7 3.6 3.6 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.9 0.9 0.0   0.6 0.6 0.6 0.4 0.7 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     41650 45082 -3432   46703 47120 47384 48247 48996 ... 45346
1st Dose     18473 18228 +245   18764 18787 18791 19008 19344 ... 6677
2nd Dose     23177 26854 -3677   27939 28333 28593 29239 29652 ... 38669

Daily data                          
All in hospital     133 137 -4   128 130 129 132 124 ... 65
Non-ICU     118 120 -2   111 114 115 119 110 ... 54
ICU     15 17 -2   17 16 14 13 14 ... 11

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:cornette:

I actually thought it was a spoof comment ! It was ludicrous 

26 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

There you go. You ignored the rules.

I never said I didn’t , I said most or many people decided enough was enough with various  Govt  lies , distortions , new so called “ variants “ etc they just decided feck it but hey if we were independent then we would have had zero deaths ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Let’s get things into perspective . It’s English nhs but no doubt very similar in Scotland or even better if your waving your Indy credentials 

33543020-682F-4438-B7C6-2E1D3BE7644B.png

scott herbertson

Better figures today - positivity down, hospitalisation and ICU as well, albeit marginally

On emergency planning, having been involved in it, these exercises usually founder on the resourcing. To give an example planning for floods usually comes up with the need for millions of sandbags. Spending a huge amount of sandbags and storing them or securing the supply is very hard to justify when there is not enough money to spend on school repairs or social workers dealing with children and young people, or repairing potholes, even. So the reports don't get fully acted on.

Would you have been happy if three years ago Edinburgh slashed its road repairs budget to stock upon PPE 'just in case' there was a pandemic?

These are not easy decisions because there just isn't enough money to cover the possibilities and needs.

If you want to blame somebody or a policy a good starting point would be our failure as a society to accept that a bigger proportion of our income needs to go on taxes to fund essential services.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I for one would not have been prepared to accept the kind of authoritarian lockdown that you seem to advocate. Being "welded to your house" as Dominic Cummings proposed would have been rejected by millions. They were lucky to get the compliance that they did. So that was never an option imo. 

Maybe in China or Russia where they ruthlessly crackdown, yes, but in the UK with skateboarding bobbies happy to "take the knee", no chance. 

The island comparison is irrelevant.  We are a trading nation and London is a global hub, there is no comparison with NZ or Australia. Closing borders was never a realistic option and was not proposed by scientists either iirc

You’re right about people being not prepared to comply. Politicians even said so recently, when the Cummings thing started. Saying people would not abide and it was scrapped. That’s cultural though. I despair sometimes at the society that has been created.

We’ve been over the island thing previously as well. I agreed NZ was a bad comparison but used Japan/Tokyo as an example of a country that fared much better than many other countries. An island like us but maybe another example of different cultures.

I remember a guy came on the news in the early days of the pandemic. He stays in China as a teacher and was asked about the differences in response to the government’s rules etc. He said something quite profound, more or less saying if the government there said jump, the population would say how high ?

In normal times we’re not anything like them but during a pandemic, our culture was laid bare as pretty bad during a pandemic. When your PM talks about our right to go to the pub during a devastating pandemic, you know we’re ****ed !

manaliveits105
35 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

ooooooooft guilty as charged lol

The fish can’t remember that one 

41 minutes ago, Taffin said:

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The fish can’t remember that one 

Sorry I've just read this back. The one I'm referencing is in relation to the UK govt.

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Today's trend data:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     14 Jun 13 Jun 12 Jun 11 Jun 10 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     124 122 +2   117 114 110 107 104 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 314 308 +6   297 301 273 266 261 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 253 251 +2   242 231 212 184 178 ... 25
Edinburgh City 2 4 210 202 +8   198 190 190 174 181 ... 27
Clackmannanshire 2 4 184 192 -8   175 180 192 202 198 ... 14
East Renfrewshire 2 4 179 167 +12   153 150 136 140 126 ... 24
Midlothian 2 4 177 180 -3   182 187 184 185 178 ... 10
East Lothian 1 4 167 158 +9   148 132 122 113 101 ... 5
East Ayrshire 2 4 157 160 -3   139 133 127 132 140 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 4 156 145 +11   133 133 127 120 124 ... 51
Glasgow City 2 4 153 160 -7   156 155 155 159 158 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 3 149 167 -18   158 153 143 136 136 ... 22
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 144 137 +7   135 141 137 125 110 ... 28
North Ayrshire 2 3 136 136 0   131 125 112 86 85 ... 17
Renfrewshire 2 3 132 138 -6   135 130 127 126 135 ... 20
North Lanarkshire 2 3 129 119 +10   115 110 104 104 93 ... 40
West Lothian 1 3 125 126 -1   115 116 119 114 100 ... 26
Angus 1 3 120 138 -18   142 151 151 153 183 ... 7
South Lanarkshire 2 3 104 104 0   101 99 95 97 87 ... 18
Aberdeen City 1 3 97 84 +13   73 69 57 54 40 ... 13
Stirling 2 3 86 74 +12   63 63 61 70 69 ... 11
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 3 76 50 +26   47 40 37 33 28 ... 7
Scottish Borders 1 3 75 68 +7   67 67 51 43 39 ... 6
Fife 1 3 69 64 +5   63 64 57 54 56 ... 32
Falkirk 1 3 58 50 +8   39 35 32 37 42 ... 23
Inverclyde 1 3 53 46 +7   46 41 41 31 30 ... 15
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 38 40 -2   38 44 46 41 33 ... 19
Aberdeenshire 1 2 26 24 +2   26 27 25 23 24 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 14 12 +2   12 12 11 14 18 ... 9
Moray 1 1 7 10 -3   9 9 10 15 14 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 2 7 -5   7 4 4 0 4 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 4 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 4 13 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     14 Jun 13 Jun 12 Jun 11 Jun 10 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     25518 25602 -84   24761 24820 24508 24621 24392 ... 18484
Cases     967 950 +17   910 893 856 832 816 ... 171
Positivity rate %     4.1 4.0 +0.1   4.0 3.9 3.7 3.6 3.6 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.9 0.9 0.0   0.6 0.6 0.6 0.4 0.7 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     41650 45082 -3432   46703 47120 47384 48247 48996 ... 45346
1st Dose     18473 18228 +245   18764 18787 18791 19008 19344 ... 6677
2nd Dose     23177 26854 -3677   27939 28333 28593 29239 29652 ... 38669

Daily data                          
All in hospital     133 137 -4   128 130 129 132 124 ... 65
Non-ICU     118 120 -2   111 114 115 119 110 ... 54
ICU     15 17 -2   17 16 14 13 14 ... 11

👍

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Better figures today - positivity down, hospitalisation and ICU as well, albeit marginally

Just one wee purely technical note is that given that the positivity figure is so variable during the week, it's better to look at it from a 7-day perspective, imo. The 7-day weighted average was actually up today by a point from 4.0 to 4.1 due to today's figure of 3.4 being higher than the 3.0 from a week ago.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's worth remembering it takes at least two to break the rules. 

If you're putting blood on people's hands then you've also got to put some blame on those that caught it sadly.

I don't think it's the route to go down.

No it only takes one to break the rules. Someone who doesn’t wash their hands properly, doesn’t maintain social distance, travels unnecessarily, doesn’t isolate when they should, doesn’t get tested when they should etc etc, all those easy little things, can pass on the virus to a perfectly innocent person who has been fully compliant with all the rules

Edited by JimmyCant

52 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I never said I didn’t , I said most or many people decided enough was enough with various  Govt  lies , distortions , new so called “ variants “ etc they just decided feck it but hey if we were independent then we would have had zero deaths ! 

"most people adhered to the draconian measures as they realised that the end game was worth it."

"not you though"

"wrong"

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

"most people adhered to the draconian measures as they realised that the end game was worth it."

"not you though"

"wrong"

Your barking up the wrong tree with this really , you really are . Remember I was behind my sofa for months , washing my messages so I’ve did my bit . Still wear masks on public transport and shops too even though they are probably as effective as a chocolate teapot . Hell I’ve even had an untried serum injected in me twice to ensure I’m safe and others are . I’ve done my bit 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Your barking up the wrong tree with this really , you really are . Remember I was behind my sofa for months , washing my messages so I’ve did my bit . Still wear masks on public transport and shops too even though they are probably as effective as a chocolate teapot . Hell I’ve even had an untried serum injected in me twice to ensure I’m safe and others are . I’ve done my bit 

You literally just admitted that you didn't bother following the measures because you decided that you knew better.

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No it only takes one to break the rules. Someone who doesn’t wash their hands properly, doesn’t maintain social distance, travels unnecessarily, doesn’t isolate when they should, doesn’t get tested when they should etc etc, all those easy little things, can pass on the virus to a perfectly innocent person who has been fully compliant with all the rules

Who are they not maintaining social distance from if there's only one of them?

To break the distancing rules, there must at least two people...and both of them will have broken that rule.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Who are they not maintaining social distance from if there's only one of them?

To break the distancing rules, there must at least two people...and both of them will have broken that rule.

Anyone they come into contact with. Could be in the shops, on public transport, in a pub, wherever. It only takes one person to move into somebody else's personal space without consent to break the rule.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Anyone they come into contact with. Could be in the shops, on public transport, in a pub, wherever. It only takes one person to move into somebody else's personal space without consent to break the rule.

So someone steps into your space you don't move away? Remember this isn't spread within seconds to someone else or so they said.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The two bits in bold I think. I'm also not convinced care homes, hospitals and workplaces were as tight as may have been made out.

Care homes and Hospitals were not caught out like they were in March/April 2020. They weren't decanting already infected, high risk individuals all over the place.

Schools were off from Dec and workplaces were by and large empty as everyone either worked from home or was on the teat of the Boris bucks. 

The second wave was most definitely community transmission at a time when the community was not supposed to be mixing and mingling. 

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Holyrood has had complete control over the NHS and the handling of the coronavirus.

No control over borders though, surprising how that fact is missed by so many...

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic