Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wait, James is a fat Boris Johnson?

I always had him down as looking like that old bursd in those gifs he keeps posting. :(

Lol my alter ego looks like an old burd so I’ve been told 😂

CE167719-38A5-49B3-B301-775758483B3C.gif

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
54 minutes ago, redjambo said:

He won't be by the electorate, that's for sure.

He could slaughter their first born a la Herod and stil get in 

Enzo Chiefo
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

New York city lift all Covid restrictions today after 75% get a first dose

That's the way forward. We seem to be stuck in a permanent paralysis, obsessing about the NHS being "overwhelmed". There were 40k in hospital in Jan and they coped, there are just over 1k now. 

Until we ditch the dodgy modelling, start thinking critically and realise that Covid is going to just another respiratory illness, now complete with ubiquitous runny nose, we will never move on. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's the way forward. We seem to be stuck in a permanent paralysis, obsessing about the NHS being "overwhelmed". There were 40k in hospital in Jan and they coped, there are just over 1k now. 

Until we ditch the dodgy modelling, start thinking critically and realise that Covid is going to just another respiratory illness, now complete with ubiquitous runny nose, we will never move on. 

Absolutely 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Finally a newspaper starting to question the modelling. It's behind a pay-wall at the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/15/fear-freedom-doom-laded-government-graphs-dont-show-us/

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

He won't be by the electorate, that's for sure.

He will get dumped from his job by the Conservatives once Covid goes and the backstabbing and power struggle starts within their ranks. He’s only still there because none of the rest of them want the job for now. He’d have been dumped after Brexit if Covid hadn’t come along. Hancock will be the first fall guy followed by Johnson as he gets the blame for any Brexit fallout.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fat ginger type post 

Never ginger I was auburn 

4D0B294E-50EE-4507-8D14-5F819FB8FF26.jpeg

Are you meant to isolate with the new symptoms? 

An awful lot of people will get some of those symptoms from hay fever

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are you meant to isolate with the new symptoms? 

An awful lot of people will get some of those symptoms from hay fever

I’ve had sneezes for a few days actually . No runny nose though . But your right so many people get this . Maybe it’s another questionable message  from the Govt to try to get people tested ? Maybe I’ve got a tin foil hat 🎩 I just find it odd 

JudyJudyJudy

Just for the record of anyone can recall from my numerous ramblings on this I did argue that vaccination centres should be drops in mainly for a variety of reasons . I feel I’ve been vindicated 

1 hour ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Utterly enraging viewing. 

Before anyone decides to deflect blame onto the Scottish govt: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19374110.sturgeon-no-doubt-lax-uk-border-control-contributed-rise-delta-variant/?ref=ebbn

There is no doubt, and I don't think I'm the only person that will say this, that the lack of very robust border controls in recent months has, I think, been a factor in the situation we're dealing with right now, and that is deeply frustrating - Nicola Sturgeon

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Before anyone decides to deflect blame onto the Scottish govt: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19374110.sturgeon-no-doubt-lax-uk-border-control-contributed-rise-delta-variant/?ref=ebbn

I'm lost, at Christmas time people were saying she controlled the Scottish borders and banned people travelling from England. Couldn't the same have been done to stop the spread of the Indian variant?

It's been said before (inc by me) but the fine details of relationships between the UK gvt and all of big business related to travel and tourism needs to be investigated.  I believe there are powerful business lobbyists contributing to what the UK gvt has done regarding travel and borders.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hampden is the only ground out of all the stadia being used that does not require any proof of being double jabbed or a negative test. Not even a temperature check. What a feckin shambles.

Wait,  who are you and what have you done with the Great Enzo the Libertarian Defender of our Freedoms?

Would've thought that scenario,  if accurate, would be applauded by you?

You're all about liberty after all?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Pretty sure the vaccines being used in the states have a much better 1 dose efficacy than the AZ one.  

Are they not mostly Pfizer? That's the same as AZ after 1 dose. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Are they not mostly Pfizer? That's the same as AZ after 1 dose. 

I thought Pfizer was showing better results after 1 but stand to be incorrect.  I think they are also using Moderna.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I thought Pfizer was showing better results after 1 but stand to be incorrect.  I think they are also using Moderna.

Both the same for Delta, but that's maybe not hit America yet. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Both the same for Delta, but that's maybe not hit America yet. 

Yes,  there's that as well.  

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Of course Boris should have put India on the red list sooner, the decision not to has undoubtedly caused most of this new uptick. 

Anyone flying into Scotland from India has to quarantine in the hotel but of course people broke those rules to go via England.

However every person returning from India via England has to self quarantine at home, have a negative test before they flew and provide two negative tests to exit quarantine.   

So given all that how could there have been the huge outbreak of the delta variant in Glasgow? 

Boris to blame but the people who have clearly ignored some of the rules equally to blame.  Seems we love to blame people when we don’t like them (Rangers fans celebrating) but not at other times . 

One thing I will say is it’s the easiest thing in the world to call for all foreign travellers to quarantine for two weeks in hotel.  With an economy and demographics like we have the reality is it’s total unfeasible.  People love quoting New Zealand and Australia but they are nothing like us in terms of trade, demographics or basic geography.  Almost no other country in the world has adopted their approach for those reasons.  So of course Nicola is shouting for it as she knows the UK govt could never implement it so it gives a great stick to beat them with, it’s why Labour are doing exactly the same thing.  

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Of course Boris should have put India on the red list sooner, the decision not to has undoubtedly caused most of this new uptick. 

Anyone flying into Scotland from India has to quarantine in the hotel but of course people broke those rules to go via England.

However every person returning from India via England has to self quarantine at home, have a negative test before they flew and provide two negative tests to exit quarantine.   

So given all that how could there have been the huge outbreak of the delta variant in Glasgow? 

Boris to blame but the people who have clearly ignored some of the rules equally to blame.  Seems we love to blame people when we don’t like them (Rangers fans celebrating) but not at other times . 

One thing I will say is it’s the easiest thing in the world to call for all foreign travellers to quarantine for two weeks in hotel.  With an economy and demographics like we have the reality is it’s total unfeasible.  People love quoting New Zealand and Australia but they are nothing like us in terms of trade, demographics or basic geography.  Almost no other country in the world has adopted their approach for those reasons.  So of course Nicola is shouting for it as she knows the UK govt could never implement it so it gives a great stick to beat them with, it’s why Labour are doing exactly the same thing.  

yall.JPG

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Gizmo said:

yall.JPG

Excuses for what?  I said Boris was to blame, but so are the people who quite clearly ignored the rules and allowed this spread to reach Scotland.  

59 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm lost, at Christmas time people were saying she controlled the Scottish borders and banned people travelling from England. Couldn't the same have been done to stop the spread of the Indian variant?

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

yall.JPG

How did it get into Scotland? Or did Scotland lose the power of border control that existed at Christmas?

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How did it get into Scotland? Or did Scotland lose the power of border control that existed at 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How did it get into Scotland? Or did Scotland lose the power of border control that existed at Christmas?

Given that there are no direct flights from India to Scotland, then it is highly likely that the variant came into Scotland via England. That could be on a connecting flight, by train, car etc.

Whatever route it took, the responsibility for policing arrivals into the UK should be at the port of entry.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Excuses for what?  I said Boris was to blame, but so are the people who quite clearly ignored the rules and allowed this spread to reach Scotland.  

But but we're "too important" to close the borders, we're nothing like New Zealand or Australia at all except for being a ****ING ISLAND.

If we wanted to shut the borders, we shut the borders. We didn't. There are NO excuses. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The border was absolutely NOT controlled. She might have told folk not to travel, but it was widely ignored.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Given that there are no direct flights from India to Scotland, then it is highly likely that the variant came into Scotland via England. That could be on a connecting flight, by train, car etc.

Whatever route it took, the responsibility for policing arrivals into the UK should be at the port of entry.

So why not just ban travel from England into Scotland again? Would have been more effective than moaning about it after the fact. If England wanted to let those flights in, that's their call. If Scotland didn't then they could have pulled up the draw bridge again.

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

But but we're "too important" to close the borders, we're nothing like New Zealand or Australia at all except for being a ****ING ISLAND.

If we wanted to shut the borders, we shut the borders. We didn't. There are NO excuses. 

The border was absolutely NOT controlled. She might have told folk not to travel, but it was widely ignored.

It was portrayed at the time as a legal restriction, if you can't enforce those restrictions, that's a problem.

In the same way England let people who'd been to India back into the country, Scotland let people who'd been in England and therefore potentially in India or in contact with those who had, back into Scotland.

Edited by Taffin

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

‘Too Important’. I like the way you have to literally invent a quote to try and support your argument.  

If the limit of your understanding of this topic is that simply because New Zealand and the UK are islands they can adopt the same policy while ignoring all other contributing factors then I am not wasting my time debating with you.  So naive.

Enjoy your evening.

Just now, Taffin said:

It was portrayed at the time as a legal restriction, if you can't enforce those restrictions, that's a problem.

In the same way England let people who'd been to India back into the country, Scotland let people who'd been in England and therefore potentially in England back into Scotland.

Precisely. The lack of control of the borders - internal or external, was shocking and clearly deliberate. 

The entire point of managed quarantine is to prevent people ignoring the law.  It can only be enforced by having managed quarantine at the point of entry.  Any region is powerless to prevent people breaking the law and moving around and not staying at home once home.

Struggling to see how this can not be understood.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

‘Too Important’. I like the way you have to literally invent a quote to try and support your argument.  

If the limit of your understanding of this topic is that simply because New Zealand and the UK are islands they can adopt the same policy while ignoring all other contributing factors then I am not wasting my time debating with you.  So naive.

Enjoy your evening.

Insults and playing the man isn't "debating", I'm sorry your understanding of online discussion is so limited. 

If we WANTED a proper lockdown with closed borders WE COULD HAVE ENACTED ONE. Why do we have:
- customs
- border controls
- passports
- border officers
- armed forces

if we are unable to control our borders and stop all movements except essential trade? 
Imbecillic nonsense that only someone wearing clown shoes would come out with, to say we couldn't. 

Simply put, the political will was not there.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Wait,  who are you and what have you done with the Great Enzo the Libertarian Defender of our Freedoms?

Would've thought that scenario,  if accurate, would be applauded by you?

You're all about liberty after all?

All in favour of vaccine passports for travel and I hope they're in place by August/September, in time for the mass exodus.  

It's just a bit bizarre that a Scot Gov that seem to desire zero risk and encourage every citizen to get tested twice-weekly, haven't insisted on testing or proof of vaccines at Hampden. Now they're scrambling about sending test kits by post to those attending. Complete shambles 

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Insults and playing the man isn't "debating", I'm sorry your understanding of online discussion is so limited. 

If we WANTED a proper lockdown with closed borders WE COULD HAVE ENACTED ONE. Why do we have:
- customs
- border controls
- passports
- border officers
- armed forces

if we are unable to control our borders and stop all movements except essential trade? 
Imbecillic nonsense that only someone wearing clown shoes would come out with, to say we couldn't. 

We didn't want a proper lockdown and nor should we have had one. There was never the will to adopt the antipodean hermit approach.  We need the borders open for supplies, for one thing.

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

- customs
- border controls
- passports
- border officers
- armed forces

You actually state in your reply that you advocate keeping borders open for essential trade which is exactly what I was advocating?  So now you are agreeing with me, I honestly can’t keep up.  

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All in favour of vaccine passports for travel and I hope they're in place by August/September, in time for the mass exodus.  

It's just a bit bizarre that a Scot Gov that seem to desire zero risk and encourage every citizen to get tested twice-weekly, haven't insisted on testing or proof of vaccines at Hampden. Now they're scrambling about sending test kits by post to those attending. Complete shambles 

Ah, SNP bad...carry on. :)

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We didn't want a proper lockdown and nor should we have had one. There was never the will to adopt the antipodean hermit approach.  We need the borders open for supplies, for one thing.

Do you reckon anyone was advocating closing the borders to the extent where we started starving? Seriously?

We're talking about people travelling here, not vital supplies to the country

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So why not just ban travel from England into Scotland again? Would have been more effective than moaning about it after the fact. If England wanted to let those flights in, that's their call. If Scotland didn't then they could have pulled up the draw bridge again.

Travel may have been banned in theory. It was never in practise, take it from someone who works at Waverley station and has been working since all this COVID-19 stuff started.

Brighton Jambo
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We didn't want a proper lockdown and nor should we have had one. There was never the will to adopt the antipodean hermit approach.  We need the borders open for supplies, for 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Travel may have been banned in theory. It was never in practise, take it from someone who works at Waverley station and has been working since all this COVID-19 stuff started.

So much like the half baked quarantine stuff Boris came up with...which was my point really. They've both half arsed the measures in stopping variant transmissions, but only one is finger pointing. 

I have it on good authority that the defences that underpin the integrity of the quarantine system are willfully compromised.  The test and trace regime that costs untold billions of pounds is a hopeless sham / scam.  Considering the connections of who runs it,  that makes it politically willfull.  From what I was told,  there is a systemic choice to turn a blind eye to non compliance of the laws.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

I believe there are powerful business lobbyists contributing to what the UK gvt has done regarding travel and borders.

Nah, not having that.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Johnson is an absolute scumbag. 

Top shegger, but.

20 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

SNP bad

:spoton:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
57 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

- customs
- border controls
- passports
- border officers
- armed forces

you don’t need to be an island fo do all those things so the island thing is a bit of an irrelevance in your previous posts ?

Enzo Chiefo
35 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ah, SNP bad...carry on. :)

After pages and pages of Boris bad booooo! All a bit hypocritical, with blinkers on👍

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

After pages and pages of Boris bad booooo! All a bit hypocritical, with blinkers on👍

After post after post from you for months now with an SNP bad vibe it would seem I'm not the only one wearing blinkers :)  

4 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

This enrages me no end. These barstewards still deny they have stuffed up.  What’s worse the mad Tory voters think they are doing a good job. 

Nucky Thompson

Tickets just purchased for the away friendly at Berwick next Friday.

I'll get the Mrs to drop us off in Berwick early doors and I'll get a taxi back to the holiday park later on at night.

Feels like normality is returning at last

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic