Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Because if you wish to travel to country which requires proof of vaccine you will be able to prove it. Seems great to me. 

I think it would be great to travel to any country without having to prove you have had a vaccine . That would be almost normal 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I wonder if the Scottish data has also been 'adjusted'?

"Revision to historical case data in England. The introduction of a new system disrupted the removal of cases where a positive rapid lateral flow test (LFD) was followed by all negative laboratory (PCR) tests taken within 3 days. Therefore 4,776 additional cases have been removed today. Regions and local authorities do not show the actual number of new cases reported. UK and England numbers of newly reported cases have been adjusted and correctly reflect new.. "

53 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Looks like Moray will move down to tier 2 and Midlothian look like they might be ok as numbers have topped out, 

Glasgow and Inverclyde continuing to spiral. 

Is that a new term getting used “ spiral” ?? Not “ surging ! 😂

33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Having a couple of glasses of wine for lunch is never bad. Hope you had a good one!

Wine ? What happened to beer or lager ? It’s a bloody football forum 😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I wonder if the Scottish data has also been 'adjusted'?

"Revision to historical case data in England. The introduction of a new system disrupted the removal of cases where a positive rapid lateral flow test (LFD) was followed by all negative laboratory (PCR) tests taken within 3 days. Therefore 4,776 additional cases have been removed today. Regions and local authorities do not show the actual number of new cases reported. UK and England numbers of newly reported cases have been adjusted and correctly reflect new.. "

hmmmmm

A likely story 

Seymour M Hersh
48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

depends the size of the glassGigantic Wine Glass

Now that's a proper red wine glass. :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Looks like Moray will move down to tier 2 and Midlothian look like they might be ok as numbers have topped out, 

Glasgow and Inverclyde continuing to spiral. 

The unpredictability / randomness of the India variant epidemiology in various areas of the UK is the main reason why they still don't know how much more transmissible it is,  if at all.  There's not a clear pattern of growth of the figures.

They have very little idea right now.  There's always much more virus transmitting around that doesn't come to light via testing.  They have little idea of that as well.  Asymptomatic or barely symptomatic people protected from illness from a vaccine.  

These local numbers are going to be very unpredictable.  Hopefully it doesn't remain the main reason for level system changes.  Sooner or later the test positive numbers will need to be balanced by the real world numbers presenting at hospital.

All the while the vaccine numbers keep increasing.  Vaccine still ahead im the race imo.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is that a new term getting used “ spiral” ?? Not “ surging ! 😂

Wine ? What happened to beer or lager ? It’s a bloody football forum 😂😂😂

Whole clubs gone soft 😜

frankblack
26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The unpredictability / randomness of the India variant epidemiology in various areas of the UK is the main reason why they still don't know how much more transmissible it is,  if at all.  There's not a clear pattern of growth of the figures.

They have very little idea right now.  There's always much more virus transmitting around that doesn't come to light via testing.  They have little idea of that as well.  Asymptomatic or barely symptomatic people protected from illness from a vaccine.  

These local numbers are going to be very unpredictable.  Hopefully it doesn't remain the main reason for level system changes.  Sooner or later the test positive numbers will need to be balanced by the real world numbers presenting at hospital.

All the while the vaccine numbers keep increasing.  Vaccine still ahead im the race imo.

Has there been any links to travel overseas in the cases?  I'm worried the government haven't learned their lessons about shutting the ports and people are entering from red list countries via diversions.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Hopefully that will be added in due course.

I would expect that when you get a booster/yearly jab the record of that will be added to it as well, I think it would have to be because you could have the scenario that you want to travel abroad in say 2023 but you've only had two doses in 2021 and nothing since, meaning you ain't probably protected.

I also think that in the next year or two, travel insurance companies may demand proof of vaccination/boosters before they will cover you, of course if you have a viable reason why you haven't then you'd have to state it.

Jambo-Jimbo
59 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think it would be great to travel to any country without having to prove you have had a vaccine . That would be almost normal 

I'm afraid that was pre-covid normal, unfortunately those days are pretty much gone, and will be replaced by a new normal.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

If you’ve had the vaccine I don’t see a single issue with providing proof you have had it. You can’t erase what’s happened, the vaccine is the reason we are entering normality. Virtually zero inconvenience added to people’s travelling habits. 

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Has there been any links to travel overseas in the cases?  I'm worried the government haven't learned their lessons about shutting the ports and people are entering from red list countries via diversions.

Boy on the radio saying 7% positivity rate coming in from India. 1% the norm. 

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There's a definite link between the current spikes and imported cases.

Funnily enough,  one for the suspicious minds here... it's been said that the bigger theoretical threat to vaccine efficacy is the South Africa variant.  It's been said that the variant of higher transmissibility is the India variant.  Faster spreading variants inevitably become dominant,  so a suspicious person may well muse that it could be an insidious policy to tolerate a certain amount of India variant getting in to out-compete residual SA variant in order to engineer the epidemic to the advantage of the vaccine.   

Edited by Victorian

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Yes, completely agree. That seems to be a fair summary of where we are.

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's a definite link between the current spikes and imported cases.

Funnily enough,  one for the suspicious minds here... it's been said that the bigger theoretical threat to vaccine efficacy is the South Africa variant.  It's been said that the variant of higher transmissibility is the India variant.  Faster spreading variants inevitably become dominant,  so a suspicious person may well muse that it could be an insidious policy to tolerate a certain amount of India variant getting in to out-compete residual SA variant in order to engineer the epidemic to the advantage of the vaccine.   

Woo woo. 

Jesus F Christ.

Francis Albert

3 deaths yesterday. Empty ICUs. But still 20 minutes of "news" on the BBC.

A pandemic of insanity!

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Woo woo. 

Jesus F Christ.

I didn't say that I believe it.  

:cornette:

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A pandemic of insanity!

The BBC, at the top of the bulletin, under the headline INDIAN VARIANT CONCERN relayed the news that there was increased confidence that the vaccine was effective against the Indian variant. They  can't help themselves!

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A pandemic of insanity!

Hysterical much?  

Francis Albert

Latest average 7 day  daily Covid  deaths  in France 179. Uk 7.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I didn't say that I believe it.  

:cornette:

But just helping out those with suspicious minds who hadn't worked it out for themselves!

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hysterical much?  

Yep. Hysterical stuff from the BBC and much of UK media.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Boy on the radio saying 7% positivity rate coming in from India. 1% the norm. 

1.4bn population. Most won't get tested.  Means nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yet you haven't yet worked out a way to not watch it.  

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yet you haven't yet worked out a way to not watch it.  

Why should I?

I pay for it.

Edited by Francis Albert

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don’t  worry Francis Albert,  Sturgeon just been on tv talking about having a “ serious cabinet “ for “ serious times” ! She’s a joke ! Notice she was sworn in earlier “ come on hen get into the fecking cabinet “ 😂😂😂 least Humza has been moved to another office after his cluster feck tenancy as “ justice minister “ 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Case rate level, using the Jonesy-o-meter scale, currently equidistant between 'Still?' and 'Time to move on now lads'. Will update when the scale indicates anything different.

😂👀

I don't watch TV news or listen to the radio news (unless I'm on radio 6 and are forced to). I get a lot online by browsing reputable sources/newspapers, but I pick and choose when I do it and can explore other bits aside from covid if I want.

Actually I really don't watch much live TV at all other than sports, but definitely not the news. So I can understand why some are fed up of the covid coverage, but doesn't affect me at all. I'm glad they report on variants, and what's happening with the Indian one, even if I only digest that in text form from a website.

Edited by kila

Seymour M Hersh

So it looks like the Indian variant has turned out to be a storm in a tea cup. Who'd have thunk it. 

Brighton Jambo

There is a definite shift in how stories are being reported.  Look at this extract from a BBC article currently on the website:

There have been plenty of experts questioning whether Monday's unlocking was worth the risk, including members of Independent Sage and the British Medical Association.

But it is worth noting that these are the same critics who warned against the full re-opening of schools in March, saying it would lead to a surge. They also said the January lockdown was not tough enough to bring cases of the UK variant down and objected to delaying the gap between vaccine doses to 12 weeks with the BMA calling for the gap to halved.

"We know if it goes wrong the critics will say 'we told you so'. But... those people criticising now have been wrong before," another of those involved in the meetings last week said.

I think it’s really healthy to see both sides of the debate shown.  

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So it looks like the Indian variant has turned out to be a storm in a tea cup. Who'd have thunk it. 

A bit.  It seems to be less of a concern about vaccine efficacy.  Jury still out on transmissibility.  If the all clear klaxon goes on that then the winning line is in sight.  I think.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes I predicted that ! And many others! A ruse . 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

‘Boy on the radio’?
Guy in the queue at Greggs told me different.

Apologies, should have cited the source. My bad.

Yeah, he worked for the company that gets the test results for people entering the UK from abroad. Can't remember his name, but it was on BBC radio Scotland drive time. About ten to five iirc. Probably on iPlayer if you want to check. Disclaimer: figures are what I think I heard, quite possibly could be something else!

Just need to ramp up the vaccinations and encourage younger people to get the Pfizer/Moderna one they'll be offered. Vaccine passports will probably see to that though, and hopefully the UK returns to full normality and the rest of the world starts to catch up.

A trial under way with a booster jab, and there's already enough for autumn if the booster is worth it.

2 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

1.4bn population. Most won't get tested.  Means nothing. 

Yeah but 1.4 BN aren't arriving at UK airports. The figures weren't in relation to the Indian population, rather those entering the UK arriving from India. Apologies if I hadn't made that clear.

Better safe than sorry, imo.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

A bit.  It seems to be less of a concern about vaccine efficacy.  Jury still out on transmissibility.  If the all clear klaxon goes on that then the winning line is in sight.  I think.

Agree. Hence the concern but as efficacy stands up, concern dissipates.

Bottom line, covid isn't going away, but as long as it's impact is minimised, then carry on, as you were.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Better safe than sorry, imo.

Agree. Hence the concern but as efficacy stands up, concern dissipates.

Bottom line, covid isn't going away, but as long as it's impact is minimised, then carry on, as you were.

E271BFA8-2854-4542-AC24-EE5BF156D2DD.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Are you the one begging for it in this meme back when you were washing your messages?

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:conspiracy:

Seriously? Your libertarian schtick is bizarre. By same logic, we should never have locked down at all?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, kila said:

Are you the one begging for it in this meme back when you were washing your messages?

Yeah but I woke up ! Remember ? Let’s no go through all that pish again . It’s embarrassing actually . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Boris said:

:conspiracy:

Seriously? Your libertarian schtick is bizarre. By same logic, we should never have locked down at all?

Probably not really . The Long term effects of it have still to be felt ! But it is what is it . It happened . Just have to ensure that it doesn’t happen again and it shouldn’t as the elderly and vulnerable have nearly had both their jabs . So that’s basically it . 

25 minutes ago, Boris said:

Apologies, should have cited the source. My bad.

Yeah, he worked for the company that gets the test results for people entering the UK from abroad. Can't remember his name, but it was on BBC radio Scotland drive time. About ten to five iirc. Probably on iPlayer if you want to check. Disclaimer: figures are what I think I heard, quite possibly could be something else!

PCR positive tests for folk on flights from India was running 7%, rest of world 0.5%.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah but I woke up ! Remember ? Let’s no go through all that pish again . It’s embarrassing actually . 

This thread is one big repeat so we're bound to go through it all over again sooner or later 🍺

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Probably not really . The Long term effects of it have still to be felt ! But it is what is it . It happened . Just have to ensure that it doesn’t happen again and it shouldn’t as the elderly and vulnerable have nearly had both their jabs . So that’s basically it . 

But without the original lockdown, there would have been fewer elderly and vulnerable to jab. How does that fit the conspiracy?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, kila said:

This thread is one big repeat so we're bound to go through it all over again sooner or later 🍺

Very true 😂😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Boris said:

But without the original lockdown, there would have been fewer elderly and vulnerable to jab. How does that fit the conspiracy?

All elderly and vulnerable people who had covid didn’t necessarily die of it . Pay attention ! Silly comment . 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

PCR positive tests for folk on flights from India was 7%, rest of world 0.5%.

Thank you. I overcooked the RoW!

You don't frequent Gregg's do you? Just for @weehammy's piece of mind.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

All elderly and vulnerable people who had covid didn’t necessarily die of it . Pay attention ! Silly comment . 

All old and vulnerable people who never caught it due to lockdown didn't necessarily want to take the chance!

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Thank you. I overcooked the RoW!

You don't frequent Gregg's do you? Just for @weehammy's piece of mind.

Only when the have the haggis, neeps and tatties pies on.

And other occassions.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Only when the have the haggis, neepsxand tatties pies on.

And other occassions.

Fair play. Impeccable sauce.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic