Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ms control freak 

Can we hum along ?

Yes as Long as it’s just a murmer ! Nothing above a certain level of decibels 😂

39 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Did that not used to get called a ‘clapshot’ pie? They served them in my boozer.

They should be all year round, not just for a couple of weeks in January.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You couldn't make that shit up :rofl:

I know people are just pissing themselves laughing about it really ! Might the the straw that breaks the camels back ! 😂

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Reminds me of that radge couple In Northern Ireland who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple due to religious principles ! Imagine turning away business when you have a business  ? Madness ! She sounds just as radge 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

And this is now peak absurdness Scotland are a laughing stock

https://trib.al/G4poSWB?fbclid=IwAR25OOiiCXCHCAU7Iijo1zVoO0JDaE941BAeGDMQ72aOKT8xF7p8XIJKqc0

It is all incredibly silly. But not just in Scotland. I have been inside a couple of pubs "down south" this week for the first time in months (both pretty empty) and the landlady of one told us aplogetically  she had been told to make the place as unwelcoming as possible. The TVs could be on but without sound. No music not just live but also recorded or broadcast. Both pubs were following the rules impeccably and were far safer environments than supermarkets other shops  and buses. But then there has in any case been virtually no Covid in our outer London borough for ages. 

Invredibly silly? No. Verging on.the insane.

44 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

"unknown health effects of the mRNA vaccine are not covered by our public liability insurance... such as - viral shedding of the uterus...".  :omg:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Gizmo said:

"unknown health effects of the mRNA vaccine are not covered by our public liability insurance... such as - viral shedding of the uterus...".  :omg:

You should watch the video too. There were claims it (the vaccine) affected menstrual cycles! :laugh:

Been bored tonight so been watching stuff on YouTube having a couple of drinks as it’s my day off...Few hearts games and some concerts from back in the day. 

Had almost forgot what it was like to be in a great atmosphere till I watched these videos and watching the stuff doesn’t half make you miss is 

The quicker things are back to normal the better 

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is all incredibly silly. But not just in Scotland. I have been inside a couple of pubs "down south" this week for the first time in months (both pretty empty) and the landlady of one told us aplogetically  she had been told to make the place as unwelcoming as possible. The TVs could be on but without sound. No music not just live but also recorded or broadcast. Both pubs were following the rules impeccably and were far safer environments than supermarkets other shops  and buses. But then there has in any case been virtually no Covid in our outer London borough for ages. 

I’ll be heading to the pub to drink for first time since last November on Friday . Wonder what it will be like ? I recall last year it was all regimented , sit here , sit there , don’t speak to any one else out with your group , table  service , no music ! Makes me wonder why I am ! But suppose needs must 👍

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

Been bored tonight so been watching stuff on YouTube having a couple of drinks as it’s my day off...Few hearts games and some concerts from back in the day. 

Had almost forgot what it was like to be in a great atmosphere till I watched these videos and watching the stuff doesn’t half make you miss is 

The quicker things are back to normal the better 

Sad times when you see things like that ! I really miss the option of heading out and seeing where the night takes me / us ! Usually pubs then a club and home around 3 Am ! Hungover for the next few days though. ! It’s the option and choice I miss 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ll be heading to the pub to drink for first time since last November on Friday . Wonder what it will be like ? I recall last year it was all regimented , sit here , sit there , don’t speak to any one else out with your group , table  service , no music ! Makes me wonder why I am ! But suppose needs must 👍

That is pretty much what it has been like down here this week. But better than nothing.

indianajones

'The public is being urged to take part in trials to find out whether a third dose of Covid vaccine could protect against new variants'.

Even more jags. It wont stop. There will be a new must inject 'vaccine' every winter.

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Do the looney left local councils make the rules? 

Berwick upon tweed isn't like that in the pubs

stevie1874
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

3 deaths yesterday. Empty ICUs. But still 20 minutes of "news" on the BBC.

A pandemic of insanity!

Your right, sitting watching the news this morning and they’ve wheeled out more scientist to discuss the Indian variant and worse case scenarios going forward. I’m no expert but were variant / mutations or whatever they’re called always going to happen? Seems more scaremongering on the way makes me think what is the point of going for my second vaccine. 

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

'The public is being urged to take part in trials to find out whether a third dose of Covid vaccine could protect against new variants'.

Even more jags. It wont stop. There will be a new must inject 'vaccine' every winter.

Like the flu vaccine? 🤷‍♂️

frankblack
10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They are selling tickets for gigs from August and September yet we still have this shit going on.

I got tickets yesterday for the Manics and Madness.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Your right, sitting watching the news this morning and they’ve wheeled out more scientist to discuss the Indian variant and worse case scenarios going forward. I’m no expert but were variant / mutations or whatever they’re called always going to happen? Seems more scaremongering on the way makes me think what is the point of going for my second vaccine. 

The same reason why you went for your first vaccine would seem a good enough reason to me.

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

That is pretty much what it has been like down here this week. But better than nothing.

Yes suppose so 

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

No it won’t . We are becoming a nation of hypochondriacs . I’ll take the second jab but that’s it 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It’s been like this in Edinburgh too Nucky . Very regimented etc . However apparently music is now allowed 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly 

51 minutes ago, kila said:

It’s not At all Like the flu vaccine . That is targeted at the elderly and. Vulnerable who may become seriously ill with it ( unusually very old people) whereas the covid is overreaching to everyone , even if they have little to no chance of croaking it ( ie 99 % of the population ) it is far more potent and has more side effects then the flu , the only reason Govts want  all people to take is for herd immunity . 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

1 hour ago, kila said:

Edited by JamesM48

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Our council is as far from looney left as you can get. Yet within the borough different rules seem to apply (or at least are applied differently) in different locations, presumably down to individual council officials. So during the outdoors only dining phase one restaurant was told to close its outdoor dining area because of an awning projecting from the building while less than a mile away restaurants could operate not just with awnings but  garden structures with wall on three sides and other more enclosed spaces. 

Different pub chains and individual landlords will apply the rules or guidelines or whatever they are in different ways and with differing levels of strictness. 

Yesterday we went through the whole NHS App sign in, mask on  until table reached rigmarole while greeted by a staff member giving us our orders with mask covering only her chin which stayed there while she took orders and served us. Presumably to make things easier for the staff in a large largely empty room customers were placed together  in adjacent tables in one corner. A toddler at the next table was allowed to run around the pub while the women she was with ran around after her. Covid rates here have been vanishingly small for many weeks so I wasn't bothered from a safety point of view, but would have like to choose a quieter table.

We will be controlled for the foreseeable future. Once granted powers are not easily relinquished.

highlandjambo3
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So it looks like the Indian variant has turned out to be a storm in a tea cup. Who'd have thunk it. 

Fed up with all the ramblings……people really need to stop pissing their pants and just get on with life.  COVID, face masks, hand sanitisers, distancing will be our new normal and the flat earth / conspiracy theorists will need to (try) to let it go.

Mars plastic
14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Bute House rat is trolling the entire country.

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Or, 3 tragedies and 1697 shrugs.

My shoulders would be aching with all those shrugs not so much with 3 ! Says it all really 👍

stevie1874
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The same reason why you went for your first vaccine would seem a good enough reason to me.

Wasn’t 100% sure about getting first jab but decided to get it so hopefully things could get back to normal. Just seems it’ll be some other variant or other and we start all over again. 

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Wasn’t 100% sure about getting first jab but decided to get it so hopefully things could get back to normal. Just seems it’ll be some other variant or other and we start all over again. 

There's has to be a reason to get the vaccine. That reason is life going back to normal. If they continue to undermine the impact of the vaccine with ifs, buts and maybes of it not working and threatening to stop opening up, then as you say, why get the vaccine?!?

The thing is though, it does, quite evidently, work. So let's get everyone vaccinated, stop the media fuelling the KBB with fear and get rid of restrictions.

Edited by Taffin

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Fed up with all the ramblings……people really need to stop pissing their pants and just get on with life.  COVID, face masks, hand sanitisers, distancing will be our new normal and the flat earth / conspiracy theorists will need to (try) to let it go.

Correct hopefully counselling will be offered to wean them off the daily doom 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Don't let some panic merchant put you off getting your second, besides you can rest assured that there will always be somebody somewhere pressing the panic button for some reason or another.

I see the vaccines as the best way to get back to something like normal as soon as we can, the more people vaccinated the less excuse there is to hold things back.

Brighton Jambo

Look at this stat:  

The overall mortality rate was 851.2 deaths per 100,000 people in England and 920.0 deaths per 100,000 people in Wales - both the lowest mortality rate for the month of April since the ONS data time series began in 2001.

Just goes to re-emphasise how much this is currently being overhyped.  Absolutely no requirement to walk back the easing of restrictions- none . 

South Korea to test mixing the vaccines, with 500 military personnel who were given the AstraZeneca one will be given a second dose using Pfizer and others. If successful will help the flow of second doses around the world as they don't need to be matched with the first.

According to a French study, dogs are 91% accurate at sniffing out covid and could be used to allow the return of large gatherings.

WHO say currently approved vaccines are still effective against the currently known variants. There is light at the end of the tunnel...

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, kila said:

South Korea to test mixing the vaccines, with 500 military personnel who were given the AstraZeneca one will be given a second dose using Pfizer and others. If successful will help the flow of second doses around the world as they don't need to be matched with the first.

According to a French study, dogs are 91% accurate at sniffing out covid and could be used to allow the return of large gatherings.

WHO say currently approved vaccines are still effective against the currently known variants. There is light at the end of the tunnel...

The UK have been doing this for months, since at least February.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/world-first-covid-19-alternating-dose-vaccine-study-launches-in-uk

And in April was being expanded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56730526

Although it has had one or two issues with side effects.

https://www.ft.com/content/b236171f-f478-4f7e-ad94-5b2c81e0e49e

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

People still wearing masks in cars. Pray for these tragic souls.

Official advice is to wear a mask on the way to and from your vaccination, it's also advisable to wear one if you have to borrow a car.

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Official advice is to wear a mask on the way to and from your vaccination, it's also advisable to wear one if you have to borrow a car.

Yes, I read that on the letter I received this morning. I'll be neither wearing it going or coming back.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Yes, I read that on the letter I received this morning. I'll be neither wearing it going or coming back.

Just saying there are perfectly valid reasons for wearing a mask in the car, no need to be a dick about it.

Mars plastic
Just now, Smithee said:

Just saying there are perfectly valid reasons for wearing a mask in the car, no need to be a dick about it.

Sound.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What are those reasons?

I'm in a variety of cars all the time for work and never wear a mask. Is it only on the way to vaccination centres that there's a risk? 

I get it if you're sharing a car (well I don't but appreciate the extended logic) but in a car by yourself? Not a chance.

Dennis Reynolds
20 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

The fact you constantly need to come onto JKB to tell randoms about other randoms you see is more tragic. 

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What are those reasons?

I'm in a variety of cars all the time for work and never wear a mask. Is it only on the way to vaccination centres that there's a risk? 

I get it if you're sharing a car (well I don't but appreciate the extended logic) but in a car by yourself? Not a chance.

Some folk have become so compliant they'd follow the advice if they were told to drive off the Queensferry Crossing straight into the Forth.

Scottish numbers: 20 May 2021

Summary

• 432 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+40; up from 270 a week ago]
  • 28,589 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+1,677]
    • 1.6% of these were positive [=]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [=]
  • 5 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 83 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+5]
  • 3,063,648 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,742,072 have received their second dose [+12,265; +37,684]

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I’d also love to hear the perfectly valid reasons for wearing a mask in a car. 

There's a definite back slide on masking going on.  Lots more people coming in not bothering.  No doubt pleasing news to the one or two face libertarian nutjobs on here.  

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 20 May 2021

Summary

• 432 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+40; up from 270 a week ago]
  • 28,589 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+1,677]
    • 1.6% of these were positive [=]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [=]
  • 5 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 83 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+5]
  • 3,063,648 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,742,072 have received their second dose [+12,265; +37,684]

Thanks.  So basically the positivity rate is exactly as it has been for the last couple of months.  All that is happening is we are testing more and finding more cases as a result not least because that testing is focused on hotspot areas.  

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks.  So basically the positivity rate is exactly as it has been for the last couple of months.  All that is happening is we are testing more and finding more cases as a result not least because that testing is focused on hotspot areas.  

The 7-day average positivity rate has increased from a stable 1.1 to the current 1.6 over the last 10 days.

jamboy1982
47 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I’ve got myself a seatbelt for when I’m walking about 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic