Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Backslide = relapse into bad ways (OED). Somewhat pejorative and I think  justifies me saying it was an accusation. Which you wailed about!

:jjyay:

Demented.  Maybe the vaccine-menstrual cycle theory has some weight.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ray Gin said:

No idea how old you are but 30s are getting their appointments. Although why it would be over phone I have no idea unless it's a last minute spot came up.

Try this link: https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

I'm 32 but live in England (but appreciate the link anyway) and they appear to be inviting 34 year olds as the lowest age currently.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it as I'm not 100% sure how I actually thought it would happen. I'd assumed letter then booking it via and online portal.

I'll give 119 a ring tomorrow and ask what the script is.

Just now, Taffin said:

I'm 32 but live in England (but appreciate the link anyway) and they appear to be inviting 34 year olds as the lowest age currently.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it as I'm not 100% sure how I actually thought it would happen. I'd assumed letter then booking it via and online portal.

I've only heard of appointments being done over the phone if it's being done in your doctors' surgery.

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye it is. For you. Did the Polis ever charge you, BTW? 

He’s a traitor, Doc. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry it was Victorian whoaccused people of backsliding on wearing gave masks. Apologies.

👍

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If the India variant does prove to be less transmissible than previously suspected then that's really,  really good news.  Everyone will be pleased.  My hunch (informed guess really) was that it would be downgraded.  Not sure if I will be more pleased with myself compared to those who decided with more certainty that it would definitely be less transmissible.   

16,000 of these variants that the experts aren't worried about and have been able to dismiss quickly.

A handful has caused some serious problems.

An Indian variant showed the same worrying initial signs as the really worrying ones.

It's a process, but it appears good news this time.

Edited by DETTY29

29 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just wait until you can't go anywhere or do anything, then maybe you'll change your mind

I'll just sign on and smoke spice like the other reprobates 🤣

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Or this:

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”

A wonderful career in politics beckons.

Jambo-Jimbo
49 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They're trying to get you to take a vaccine, so of course it's a scam. Bill Gates wants to turn you into a human magnet for reasons unknown. 

I must have got faulty chips, no magneto here.

manaliveits105

It still appears that Edinburgh has the lowest Covid-19 vaccination rate compared to the rest of Scotland for those over the age of 18, although it is important to note that the figure should be interpreted in the context that the City of Edinburgh has a higher population to cover.

Bullshit It should be in proportion nationally so different age groups are done at same time - we seem to have lagged from the start

Edited by manaliveits105

theAlvasection

Four schools shut for 12 days in Clackmannanshire today,All pupils and staff told to self isolate.

Could be the Indian variant.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The speed of the turnaround in Moray and the apparent improvement in Glasgow is really good.  

Meaning any restrictions brought in for other increasing areas should hopefully be short lived, if needed at all.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Meaning any restrictions brought in for other increasing areas should hopefully be short lived, if needed at all.

:Agree:

If this is found to be marginally more transmissible then it could well be that restrictions wont be needed.

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

If you use a car within 24 hours(IIRC) of someone else I think I read.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't really care, I just think that contempt for people who are quietly going about their day and making conservative decisions to be in the safe side is pretty shitty.

The contempt seems to always be accompanied with a big slice of smugness at rule breaking, too. One of the things I thought might come through during Covid is a stronger sense of community and increased empathy, an all in it together mentality. Guess I was wrong. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Funny that all the free thinkers think the same thing 🤔

The anti-vaccination disinformation can be traced back to several people, pre-dating Covid mostly too. Flat-earther all speak the same crap derived from a couple of videos and swallowed as gospel, just like most conspiracy freaks. Sure enough, most of the "critical thinker" mantras can also be traced back to a few prominent mouthpieces. 

Strange that the self-proclaimed "critical thinkers" might just be sipping from the same well as the conspiracy theorists...  

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

As a collective.  In general.  

It's the mark of the hysterical to make a mountain out of a molehill in terms of an inconsequential piece of language.  

Maybe I should have said " drop off" or "reduction" or something similarly more benign,  if only to prevent you wailing about it.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Demented.  Maybe the vaccine-menstrual cycle theory has some weight.  

Hehe, I've had your respondent on ignore for a long, long time. I think they might be on permanent shark week given their proclivity to making Victor Meldrew seem cheerful as they bore their way through every thread like an unwanted wrecking ball with a naked Ann Widdiecombe riding it. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

New new variant under investigation.  Epicentre the Yorkshire / Humber region.

:(

Jesus a Yorkshire covid? We're all ****ed now boys!

stevie1874
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

3 more deaths reported yesterday throughout the UK. Bodies not exactly piling up. Well not from Covid anyway.

Some experts now saying the Indian variant may after all not be as transmissable as experts earlier said it might be.

Probably better just be on the safe side and stay in as some of the lockdown gurus on here advocate

Jeffros Furios
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Jesus a Yorkshire covid? We're all ****ed now boys!

Its the weegie covid I'm worrying about .

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, obua said:

No vaccine could combat that.

A bar of soap  could 😀

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Its the weegie covid I'm worrying about .

Transmitted from eating rat soup

6 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

I can envisage plenty tragedies walking about with masks on for the rest of their puffs. Bless.  

I can see me sticking with masks in the future.  Surrounded by a plume of sickly sweet vape smoke? Stick on a mask. Out for a run and coughing breathing in BBQ and wood fire smoke smells?  Stick on a mask. 

It's maybe an age thing, but I don't understand why folk are so triggered by other folk wearing masks outdoors or in cars, I've got enough of my own  worries without  worrying about other people. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Yes, I read that on the letter I received this morning. I'll be neither wearing it going or coming back.

Good 

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

There's a definite back slide on masking going on.  Lots more people coming in not bothering.  No doubt pleasing news to the one or two face libertarian nutjobs on here.  

Awe ! The great awakening is happening 

10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks.  So basically the positivity rate is exactly as it has been for the last couple of months.  All that is happening is we are testing more and finding more cases as a result not least because that testing is focused on hotspot areas.  

Correct 

10 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Excellent news. 

It is 

10 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sky news now shitting it over a 3 wave…..why don’t they all just **** off.   Some doctor claiming the Indian variant is spreading…….away and boil your heeeed.

Exactly 

10 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

The Petrified Peters will be away out as we speak stocking up on new masks and hand gel. 

I know ! Be loving it 

8 hours ago, Victorian said:

Less than suspected to be.  Not less than the other variants.  A few decided there would be no difference.  

Back tracking ? Much 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye it is. For you. Did the Polis ever charge you, BTW? 

Sook my plooms and call me Mildred 👍

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Alex said:

I can see me sticking with masks in the future.  Surrounded by a plume of sickly sweet vape smoke? Stick on a mask. Out for a run and coughing breathing in BBQ and wood fire smoke smells?  Stick on a mask. 

It's maybe an age thing, but I don't understand why folk are so triggered by other folk wearing masks outdoors or in cars, I've got enough of my own  worries without  worrying about other people. 

I could see them being good at the football, they keep your face warm on a cold day, they stop you spraying all over your fellow Jambo, plus no lip reader in the world can prove what you're singing.

What's not to like?

manaliveits105

Weeg to remain in level 3 for 2 to 3 weeks and East Renfrew to go into level 3 it seems to be announced by the fish today -  her close contacts have leaked to bbc

close the barriers !

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Weeg to remain in level 3 for 2 to 3 weeks and East Renfrew to go into level 3 it seems to be announced by the fish today -  her close contacts have leaked to bbc

close the barriers !

Tears for Tiers :biggrin2:

Konrad von Carstein

Second jag last night :)

So far no adverse reaction, which is a relief as I had a doozy of a time of it after the first one.

Seymour M Hersh

Batter up, to use a baseball term. Is the next variant to scare us with possibly be the Yorkshire/Humber variant? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

JudyJudyJudy

People laughing about Glasgow getting held in tier 3 for next few weeks need to have a word ! It’ll be us next due to the draconian levels which they have decided fir each tier . It was heavily criticised When they changed it a few months ago . Basically more authorities will be back  a tier again due to it ,  Including us I guess in the next few weeks so enjoy the freedom  it while it lasts . As an aside she’s absolute nuts 🥜 NS ! Knew she would be even  worse once she got back in ‘ 

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

close the barriers !

Can’t close the barriers ! Inevitable that there will be rises in Edinburgh . Don’t have to be Einstein to work that out 

JudyJudyJudy

Anyway we went out for meal night . Nice restaurant in hotel on Princes street . Had steak chips and salad then cheese board topped off with two bottled white wine and gin and tonics ! Great to be out doing a normal thing like this and seeing other people enjoying themselves too . Waiting staff seemed pleased to be back working too . A slice of normality 

Today’s more tacky as it’s a pish head afternoon anc pub crawl from 3 onwards . Unsure how We will manage it but probably be a ruckus’ of a day  If events unfold in Glasgow as have been suggested we are making hay while the sun shines. 😂

8EF56B9E-2DEF-4245-8FEE-FC43C21A7DFB.gif

Edited by JamesM48

Konrad von Carstein

Out for an Italian tonight, strangely giddy at the thought of a nice meal accompanied by a bottle of wine.

We went for a mid afternoon meal last week and while it was enjoyable a glass of wine/beer would have enhanced the experience.

Reading that back makes me sound like an auld soak :(

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Count yourself lucky me and the missus booked an outside table, for today,  a few weeks ago. The thought process was it will be nice and sunny and watch the world go by. 

****ing Scottish weather, wife trying to rearrange to inside but doesn’t look like they have space😡

Anyway, I agree it’s been good going out for food and drinks. It’s certainly the most normal it’s felt in a ****ing long time. 

My missus has a ‘friend’ who has been diagnosed with long COVID, she has never tested positive for COVID or suspected she had it. That seems a strange diagnosis to me🤷🏻‍♂️ Though anything that involves my missus ‘friends’ don’t make much sense to me.

Anyway enjoy your pub crawl🍻

Cheers Lord BJ . Yes great feeling last night doing normal stuff . Surprisingly fresh as didn’t go overboard . That’ll happen today . Haven’t booked anywhere as we will play it by ear . Hope u and the Mrs have a good day too 👍

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Out for an Italian tonight, strangely giddy at the thought of a nice meal accompanied by a bottle of wine.

We went for a mid afternoon meal last week and while it was enjoyable a glass of wine/beer would have enhanced the experience.

Reading that back makes me sound like an auld soak :(

Sounds normal to me ! Have a great night ! Italian and all. 😂

1DAB7D40-D88A-4A11-8EB7-88D978D5E0A3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Count yourself lucky me and the missus booked an outside table, for today,  a few weeks ago. The thought process was it will be nice and sunny and watch the world go by. 

****ing Scottish weather, wife trying to rearrange to inside but doesn’t look like they have space😡

Anyway, I agree it’s been good going out for food and drinks. It’s certainly the most normal it’s felt in a ****ing long time. 

My missus has a ‘friend’ who has been diagnosed with long COVID, she has never tested positive for COVID or suspected she had it. That seems a strange diagnosis to me🤷🏻‍♂️ Though anything that involves my missus ‘friends’ don’t make much sense to me.

Anyway enjoy your pub crawl🍻

Guy at my work is away to see the doc today as he was told he might have long Covid and he’s the same as in never tested positive for Covid 🤷‍♂️

Regards the weather it’s no wonder people want to get away to the sun. 

Instead of sitting out in the garden with my coffee this morn I’m sitting here in my winter top with heating on and it’s nearly June 

14 minutes ago, theshed said:

Guy at my work is away to see the doc today as he was told he might have long Covid and he’s the same as in never tested positive for Covid 🤷‍♂️

Instead of sitting out in the garden with my coffee this morn I’m sitting here in my winter top with heating on and it’s nearly June 

It's brutal out, even the ducks can't fancy this much. 

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sounds normal to me ! Have a great night ! Italian and all. 😂

1DAB7D40-D88A-4A11-8EB7-88D978D5E0A3.jpeg

Ooft.

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like a good day out. I wonder how many weeg accents you will hear.....

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like a good day out. I wonder how many weeg accents you will hear.....

My ears will be pinging ! Jusy make sure We stay away from them lol 😂 

Nucky Thompson

First weekend of live entertainment for me tonight. Booked in for the 7.30pm till 1am slot.

Should be a good band playing with it being the first one in months.

Wait in a queue to get into the venue 15 minutes before and they come up the queue giving you a table number. 

Once you have your number, you go onto the App and order your drinks and they are waiting for you when you get in.

I actually like it better than the free for all for tables before Covid

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

First weekend of live entertainment for me tonight. Booked in for the 7.30pm till 1am slot.

Should be a good band playing with it being the first one in months.

Wait in a queue to get into the venue 15 minutes before and they come up the queue giving you a table number. 

Once you have your number, you go onto the App and order your drinks and they are waiting for you when you get in.

I actually like it better than the free for all for tables before Covid

Remember no dancing or singing on orders from Nicky 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Remember no dancing or singing on orders from Nicky 

It's ok James, I'm 10 miles over the border.

Well out of Nicky's reach :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

This is the English link taff, not heard anyone getting calls but may get a text and/or a letter, as you say still doing 34 and above so you should be soon.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, theshed said:

The weather is diabolical for this time of year. Heating on in the house as well. Ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, cheetah said:

This is the English link taff, not heard anyone getting calls but may get a text and/or a letter, as you say still doing 34 and above so you should be soon.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Thanks Cheetah 👍

I'll try and sort it all out on my lunch break. Maybe they just had envisaged some excess at a local location and where phoning around.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic