Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The wee co-dependent triumvirate today.

:vrface:

One with a thin veneer of joviality but a nasty streak boiling over under the surface.  One just nasty 'cos he hasn't got the brains to be anything else and just clings to perceived allies.  The last one off his chump.

Others can choose which ones are which.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The current trend continue, we will be at very low levels come end of April. 

Will be interesting to see impact of the, limited, schools returns. Hopefully doesn’t change the direction of travel. 

Think it’s a certainty that cases will rise but as long as hospitalisations isn’t getting out of control I can’t see any reason to justify level 3 across the board. 

53 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stirling bucking the trend. Wonder what is going on there....??

It's right next to Falkirk which has had an elevated case rate for quite a while now. It's probably just transmission between the two, imo. You're right though, Jonno, it has been creeping up for a while. Here's hoping they can put a lid on it.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The wee co-dependent triumvirate today.

:vrface:

One with a thin veneer of joviality but a nasty streak boiling over under the surface.  One just nasty 'cos he hasn't got the brains to be anything else and just clings to perceived allies.  The last one off his chump.

Others can choose which ones are which.

Pretty straightforward. 👍

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps when the pandemic is in hand and we can mix and mingle again, Hearts should open up the area behind the Wheatfield early on and rent it out to all those folk who've promised paggers, square goes and "take it to PMs" during the pandemic, streaming the action live. They could raise a shed load of money for the first team. I'd even offer to have a friendly arm wrestle with @JamesM48 to start it off before the real action starts.

giphy.gif

Nucky Thompson

They were pretty upbeat in the WM briefing tonight and the Brazilian variant cases don't seem to be concerning them.

Good new data coming out from the vaccines and they are having an impact on deaths and hospitalisations

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

They were pretty upbeat in the WM briefing tonight and the Brazilian variant cases don't seem to be concerning them.

Good new data coming out from the vaccines and they are having an impact on deaths and hospitalisations

I read last night that Pennington doesn't seem too concerned about the Brazilian variant either.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Just as an addendum to the 55k deaths forecast we referenced earlier, prior to today's numbers, England had suffered 5,000 Covid deaths over the last two weeks since the paper was written.  The message being that the deaths will be heavily front loaded over the next couple of months, unless there is some hugely unforeseen spike as things are opened up.

Thanks for clarifying FF. That does make a difference. More good news about the vaccine efficacy today so hopefully deaths can be minimised as far as possible and, as you say, we can avoid any spikes.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

Great idea

we could have a cup format

Internet Hardmen vs Secret Hibs Sympathers

Happy Clappers vs The Miserabilists

Cathro's Laptop Lapdogs vs The Young M***** Stendels

Unionists versus  Sturgeonists

Referees from a pool of D. Trump, D.Ross*, J.Leitch, D. Cummings 

D.Ross has requested to referee the Unionists vs Flag debaters  game

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just when the thread looked to be heading back on track, Vic comes steaming in to derail everything. :( 

I'd love to know which one is which, though...

I'd love to know who the triumvirate are. Who is the 4th one??😂😎

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Great idea

I don't understand. Why would Diana Ross be interested in refereeing a pagger? Is it just because she'll be available before/after appearing at the Hydro in June?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't understand. Why would Diana Ross be interested in refereeing a pagger? Is it just because she'll be available before/after appearing at the Hydro in June?

She just loves to be in a position of power

Supremacy's her thing

New variant concern seems to be becoming incrementally milder as further new variant news comes along.  I think I saw a wee comment in that BBC Horizon programme to suggest that new variants threatening to become fully vaccine escaping ones are quite likely to be much less infectious.  I hope that's true because it seems to guarantee either secure efficacy of vaccines or a much less concerning virus.  

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Supremacy's her thing

Very good. :) I would stand at the top of a mountain and sing the praises of your sense of humour, Scott, but there ain't no mountain high enough.

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Favourite pub trivia question - first person to miss a penalty in World Cup ‘94?   Diana Ross.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

The current trend continue, we will be at very low levels come end of April. 

Will be interesting to see impact of the, limited, schools returns. Hopefully doesn’t change the direction of travel. 

end of April ? Could be end of March by the plummeting of all figures...

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Great idea

If only it would be easier than this thread ..and all arguments would be resolved without 90 minutes Id hope there was no " injury time" 

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I can never forgive her for her attempt at a penalty at the World Cup in 1994....hysterical...however better than some of the current Hearts team...

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Favourite pub trivia question - first person to miss a penalty in World Cup ‘94?   Diana Ross.

Beat me to it ..LOL

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Very good. :) I would stand at the top of a mountain and sing the praises of your sense of humour, Scott, but there ain't no mountain high enough.

I sincerely hope this isn't going to spark a chain reaction of similar posts, Red

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I can never forgive her for her attempt at a penalty at the World Cup in 1994....hysterical...however better than some of the current Hearts team...

Allow me to let you relive that seminal moment.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Allow me to let you relive that seminal moment.

oh damn that was cringey. ! what were they thinking ? :) 

Listening to today’s briefing by Handcock and JVT and some other news stories I think the tide is turning.

New variations of the virus can be combated by adjusting the vaccines as they do with flu. We may still see deaths from Covid19 in the future but it will no where near the scale of what we have seen over the past year. 
Vaccine passports will be needed for travel certainty in the near future. This is understandable as other countries will want to limit their exposure to it in the future. 

millerjames398
53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Supremacy's her thing

STOP..in the name of...😂

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps when the pandemic is in hand and we can mix and mingle again, Hearts should open up the area behind the Wheatfield early on and rent it out to all those folk who've promised paggers, square goes and "take it to PMs" during the pandemic, streaming the action live. They could raise a shed load of money for the first team. I'd even offer to have a friendly arm wrestle with @JamesM48 to start it off before the real action starts.

:rofl:

Top of the Bill : those two nutters who were going to meet up in NYC for a square go (although this may have been pre-Covid, my memory isn't too good these days). 

Wow, I thought this thread was a bit of a train wreck today but wow, that thread going off in the Terrace is something else. I've actually come here for sanity 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Top of the Bill : those two nutters who were going to meet up in NYC for a square go (although this may have been pre-Covid, my memory isn't too good these days). 

I think that was maybe pre-Covid, although it's been dragging on so maybe not. I also think something similar happened on another Hearts forum, or maybe that's the one I'm thinking about. **** knows. Mental though.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Wow, I thought there this thread was a bit of a train wreck today but wow, that thread going off in the Terrace is something else. I've actually come here for sanity 😂😂

Which one, Taff?

Terrace bunfights are great for taking long-range pot shots.

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wow, I thought this thread was a bit of a train wreck today but wow, that thread going off in the Terrace is something else. I've actually come here for sanity 😂😂

KUVf.gif

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Which one, Taff?

Terrace bunfights are great for taking long-range pot shots.

The Stuart Findlay thread 👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Just when the thread looked to be heading back on track, Vic comes steaming in to derail everything. :( 

I'd love to know which one is which, though...

Very true. It was rather unnecessary,  Least these " three people" weren't referred to as the 3 stooges...something almost regal and noble about a triumvirate

(in ancient Rome) a group of three men holding power, in particular ( the First Triumvirate ) the unofficial coalition of Julius Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus in 60 BC and ( the Second Triumvirate ) a coalition formed by Antony, Lepidus, and Octavian in 43 BC.

Trouble is i cant remember signing up to any triumvirate......... :)  et tu Brutus..........infamy,  infamy they all got in infamy 
  •  

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Yep, I got it too!

They're all just you at different stages of the day... :) 

You know you're in there Jonesy. There's you-know-who 😉 then him 🙄 then you. 😊

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true. It was rather unnecessary,  Least these " three people" weren't referred to as the 3 stooges...something almost regal and noble about a triumvirate

(in ancient Rome) a group of three men holding power, in particular ( the First Triumvirate ) the unofficial coalition of Julius Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus in 60 BC and ( the Second Triumvirate ) a coalition formed by Antony, Lepidus, and Octavian in 43 BC.

Trouble is i cant remember signing up to any triumvirate......... :)  et tu Brutus..........infamy,  infamy they all got in infamy 
  •  

The Terrible Trio would have been far more appropriate, accurate and respectful, James.👍

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The Stuart Findlay thread 👍

It was fun when it lasted, but it is an ex thread.

It has ceased to be.

Gawn to meet its maker.

giphy.webp

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Apparently old Julius Caesar actually spoke in Greek, not Latin, as he was getting chibbed. 

Oh, and I bagsey being Marcus Antonius so I can have a bit of jiggery pokery with Cleo...

costume-sexy-ami-diff-cleopatrablack_1.j

Reliably informed this picture is 100% historically accurate.

Oh i didn't know that..those " intellectual " references went over my head...maybe im the second person in the trio ! :) I didn't know that one had to understand Latin to be on a football forum . Lovely looking person but nothing like Cleo . She had violent blue eyes and didnt wear heels..at least  i think so. 

Elizabeth-Taylor-as-Cleop-007.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Terrible Trio would have been far more appropriate, accurate and respectful, James.👍

Very true. A great trio. Those 3 whomever they are  can only aspire to that. 

JudyJudyJudy

Will accept Liz Taylor in her prime. :) 

Yeah she was a real stunner. Actually seemed a nice person in real life and bat shit crazy at times. 

Byyy The Light
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think I seen that, though please let that be true. 

Stuart Finlay was thread I do wish I could read it. Mods feel free to hook that up for me, we all need some light relief in these difficult times. 

I can confirm it was 100% bat shit mental

JudyJudyJudy

Indeed. Loved the film Giant when I was younger, and she was great in that. And then there's Cleopatra. Cracking Sunday afternoon epics the both of them.

Her greatest performance was as Martha in " Whos afraid of Virginia Woolf? ".  that films makes this thread seem sugary and sweet.  :) 

Back to 2005
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Matt Hancock is a total bellend. 

This is surely one thing we can all agree on....

Byyy The Light
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

i have to ask what did said poster say when pointed out he has said dumbest thing ever on a hearts forum.

There was so much going on I can’t actually remember. Was like walking in to a pub 3 hours late for a sesh and trying to piece together what the hell was going on

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

i just started reading that thread after your review. Got through first page and go to page 2, thread pulled, 

I can only imagine the level of madness that  was happening. It was bat shit crazy on the  1st page. 

It was gone before I got there. :(

Shanks said no
Just now, redjambo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56237471

Covid in Scotland: Tighter rules will be used to decide on levels

Was about to post as well

--------

Under the new system, local authorities which have a case rate of more than 150 cases per 100,000 are likely to end up in level four - when only essential shops can open and hospitality must close.

The previous threshold for level four was 300 cases per 100,000.

Cases will also need to drop to below 50 per 100,000 in a local authority before it will be considered for level two, much lower than the previous rate of 150 per 100,000. That is the level where non-essential journeys outside the authority boundary are allowed and pubs can serve alcohol.

--------

So the best Edinburgh can hope for is level 2 but if its the whole of Lothian then not a chance on current figures. Level 2 = meal required for a pint - unlike England.

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Was about to post as well

--------

Under the new system, local authorities which have a case rate of more than 150 cases per 100,000 are likely to end up in level four - when only essential shops can open and hospitality must close.

The previous threshold for level four was 300 cases per 100,000.

Cases will also need to drop to below 50 per 100,000 in a local authority before it will be considered for level two, much lower than the previous rate of 150 per 100,000. That is the level where non-essential journeys outside the authority boundary are allowed and pubs can serve alcohol.

--------

So the best Edinburgh can hope for is level 2 but if its the whole of Lothian then not a chance on current figures. Level 2 = meal required for a pint - unlike England.

The changes to the levels for the 7-day case rate aren't quite as severe as they look because the previous levels were only indicative in any case since the requirement to take other indicators into consideration meant that in practice the effective case rates required were lower. Levels 3 and 4, for example, won't effectively change at all according to my observations (the effective cut-off was 150 in practice, not the nominal 300). The requirement to get into Level 2 is noticeably tighter though.

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Positive tests by local authority. Weekly rates per 100,000.  Showing rates for 25 February. Levels according to new thresholds: Red (4), Purple (3), Blue (2), Pink (1), Green (0)..

Note that case rates have generally dropped in the last few days, so if the latest reported results were incorporated, a handful of council areas would be in a lower level than that represented in the above chart.

However, I imagine that the SG will base the 7-day case rate on sample dates as in said chart and thus it will always be a few days behind. An offshoot of this is that it allows an additional small window of "look-ahead" conservatism - if a council is "over the bar" and doesn't qualify for a certain tier on the sample date value but looks as if it will do so on the latest reported date value, it will remain in the higher tier; on the other hand if it is under the bar but the latest reported data shows an upsurge, then it could be placed in the higher tier. I imagine, anyway.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic