• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Must be on goal difference only surely

Alphabetical goal difference, aye. :D 👍

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

So why have they been allowed to fly from London to Scotland...That is mental!! Absolutely mental. 

They were tested at the start of February so I assume that was before the hotel quarantine rules came into force.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They were tested at the start of February so I assume that was before the hotel quarantine rules came into force.

So when did they come back to the UK? Thats about 4weeks surely they wouldnt take that long to release the info? That could now be rife through the country if they did

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I read today that the UK had the worst death rate in Europe and 5th worst in the World.

There will be a few countries under reporting deaths, Spain and Italy are 2 in Europe that are being accused.

Allegedly Spain's care home deaths were much higher than reported.

It will all come out to light when this is over

The latest figures on the worldometer site (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries) have us (if you ignore the microstates) as 4th worst in both Europe and the World. As you say, these are for reported deaths. The more telling comparison will probably be made afterwards on the basis of excess deaths. There's a good chance we'll not rate too well on the latter either, but we'll see. It's the last column that is of interest.

Note that this looks at the deaths per 1m population. If "death rate" were defined as deaths per diagnosed case, then it would probably be a different picture.

1388508460_Screenshotat2021-02-2817-28-38.thumb.png.8b4c9c6de7d37144e8d695d429704966.png

1 minute ago, sadj said:

So when did they come back to the UK? Thats about 4weeks surely they wouldnt take that long to release the info? That could now be rife through the country if they did

Screenshot_20210228-173721_Samsung Internet.jpg

32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

For the rules that actually matter (i.e. not being cheek by jowl with other punters in a busy pub trying to get a drink from the bar, not grabbing at and bouncing with all and sundry as Hearts slam home another goal against the hapless hibs, not coughing all over someone on a busy train), then I can understand why people will continue to follow them for a few months yet. But, as you and I both know Enzo, the arbitrary rules on travel distances, safe hospitality and low-risk folk visiting other low-risk folk have probably pushed more folk away from compliance. 

I like your optimism, but there's little evidence that either government, and especially the clammy-handed, precarious one currently shitting tartan-clad bricks in Holyrood, is going to toss all restrictions in the come late Spring. They're playing a canny game though - they're simply 'giving back' rights that most sensible (or, critical-thinking ;) ) people have already taken back for themselves.

The only thing they're doing, because it's the only thing they still have the power to do, is wilfully damaging the economy and then getting ready to blame the general public. You can bet yer Boris boxers or yer Strugeon tangas that if and when there is a spike after the 'grand reopening', there won't be any grown-up, pragmatic understanding of it. Instead, the papers will be shouting about covidiots again, giving their soft of head readers the chance to count how many times their neighbours leave the house in 24 hours and licence for the drunk on power scientists, advisors and politicians to ensure restrictions, rather than understanding and awareness, continue to dominate our lives on into 2022. 

Great post . 

5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Oxford Astra-Zeneca. Pfizer is only really being given to care homes and NHS because of the -70C fridges

Royal Highland Showground; Pyramids Business Park; Queen Margaret University are all Pfizer with EICC AstraZeneca.

Younger Buildings tbc last I saw.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Royal Highland Showground; Pyramids Business Park; Queen Margaret University are all Pfizer with EICC AstraZeneca.

Younger Buildings tbc last I saw.

Pfizer supply slowing, most first doses given from today will be AZ 

37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

For the rules that actually matter (i.e. not being cheek by jowl with other punters in a busy pub trying to get a drink from the bar, not grabbing at and bouncing with all and sundry as Hearts slam home another goal against the hapless hibs, not coughing all over someone on a busy train), then I can understand why people will continue to follow them for a few months yet. But, as you and I both know Enzo, the arbitrary rules on travel distances, safe hospitality and low-risk folk visiting other low-risk folk have probably pushed more folk away from compliance. 

I like your optimism, but there's little evidence that either government, and especially the clammy-handed, precarious one currently shitting tartan-clad bricks in Holyrood, is going to toss all restrictions in the come late Spring. They're playing a canny game though - they're simply 'giving back' rights that most sensible (or, critical-thinking ;) ) people have already taken back for themselves.

The only thing they're doing, because it's the only thing they still have the power to do, is wilfully damaging the economy and then getting ready to blame the general public. You can bet yer Boris boxers or yer Strugeon tangas that if and when there is a spike after the 'grand reopening', there won't be any grown-up, pragmatic understanding of it. Instead, the papers will be shouting about covidiots again, giving their soft of head readers the chance to count how many times their neighbours leave the house in 24 hours and licence for the drunk on power scientists, advisors and politicians to ensure restrictions, rather than understanding and awareness, continue to dominate our lives on into 2022. 

Post of the pandemic,  Jonesy👍

Dagger Is Back
37 minutes ago, sadj said:

So why have they been allowed to fly from London to Scotland...That is mental!! Absolutely mental. 

Absolutely mental indeed. As said many times before, we should have shut up shop 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely mental indeed. As said many times before, we should have shut up shop 

This.

Absolutely farcical. 

manaliveits105

An Edinburgh neighbourhood has seen a sharp rise in coronavirus cases.

The Corstorphine South area is currently sitting with the highest number of cases over a seven day period, to the point where they now have a rate of 400 per 100,000 population.

19 cases in last 7 days 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Corstorphine South area is currently sitting with the highest number of cases over a seven day period, to the point where they now have a rate of 400 per 100,000 population.

19 cases in last 7 days 

Where exactly does CorstorphineSouth cover?

Ok, I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine on Friday, very impressed with how efficiently it was all over with in 20 minutes at the EICC.

And to be honest, no side effects worth complaining about, to be honest I've had worse hangovers.

However, @Dorothy got the Moderna one in America on Thursday (I know its been allowed, but don't think its reached UK yet), and she's been as sick as a Toto since.

I know they gave me the opportunity on Friday to state if I wished a different jab than the one offered, so if anyone is susceptible to side effects after vaccinations, Id bear it in mind. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Their Best Ever Steak Pies are a ridiculous. 

image.jpeg.da42f2ca927072ab12c1025052fe38c0.jpeg

Had the "Best Ever" lasagne for tea last night...Outstanding (as was my belly at the end!) :lol: 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Top class food for top class people....

:lol:

I like a lot of Waitrose's stuff as well as M&S. However, recently we've been getting stuff from Aldi and in all honesty I have been very impressed with the quality. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

19 cases in last 7 days 

That's not a massive amount and is typical of the sorts of rates you can get on a very local basis (all you need is an outbreak in a care home, factory etc. to send the figure sky high). I'd be more worried if there were lower rates but spread about in more areas as that would indicate more of a community-based transmission than an isolated outbreak. In saying that however, neighbouring Carrick Knowe has 329 and Broomhouse & Bankhead has 261.

Worth keeping an eye on, and if I were the powers-that-be, I would be analysing what's causing it, but I personally wouldn't be over-concerned about it at the moment (famous last words, I know).

Edited by redjambo

50 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Pfizer supply slowing, most first doses given from today will be AZ 

Had my jab at RHS this morning and it was the Pfizer one. Very well done thanks to all the staff well set up for parking and a wee 15 min rest after jab before moving on.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Had the "Best Ever" lasagne for tea last night...Outstanding (as was my belly at the end!) :lol: 

:sweeet:

It's certainly not for those who are watching their diet.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That's not a massive amount and is typical of the sorts of rates you can get on a very local basis (all you need is an outbreak in a care home, factory etc. to send the figure sky high). I'd be more worried if there were lower rates but spread about in more areas as that would indicate more of a community-based transmission than an isolated outbreak. In saying that however, neighbouring Carrick Knowe has 300 and Broomhouse & Bankhead has 261.

Worth keeping an eye on, and if I were the powers-that-be, I would be analysing what's causing it, but I personally wouldn't be over-concerned about it at the moment (famous last words, I know).

Nobody lives there it's an industrial estate with the two colleges and a small strip mall.  Back to the mythical sort corstorphine area the wife was talking about this earlier and asking where it covered as another mythical area known as north corstorphine had zero cases. Now if, like it has always been, just corstorphine then what would the figures be. It's almost like they're engineering the figures to make them look as bad as possible. 

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

In what way?  The fact schools must return successfully for two months before businesses can reopen or that the SG will return to their prejudicial tiers system where they overrule the science to suit their agenda?

Might as well tell hospitality to lay off their staff now as there is no hope.

Frank, please man up. 

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's not a massive amount and is typical of the sorts of rates you can get on a very local basis (all you need is an outbreak in a care home, factory etc. to send the figure sky high). I'd be more worried if there were lower rates but spread about in more areas as that would indicate more of a community-based transmission than an isolated outbreak. In saying that however, neighbouring Carrick Knowe has 329 and Broomhouse & Bankhead has 261.

I can think of 4 care homes that could be classed as being in Corstorphine south. Maybe been wee outbreaks there?

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where exactly does CorstorphineSouth cover?

I was trying to work that out - between Corstorphine Road or the next one down where Corstorphine Inn is and Broomhouse / Sighthill ?

Not really sure 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

I was trying to work that out - between Corstorphine Road or the next one down where Corstorphine Inn is and Broomhouse / Sighthill ?

Not really sure 

It's made up for me. Funnily enough corstorphine north? has had no new cases. Carrick Knowe buffers between broomhouse and the corrie inn. But I suspect they're meaning a couple of streets further south as well in Dovecot and Castle Road(sic). 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not really sure 

Pinkhill, Traquair park east and west, meadowhouse road are all south of Corstorphine/St Johns road

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Pinkhill, Traquair park east and west, meadowhouse road are all south of Corstorphine/St Johns road

They are indeed Nucky they've just never been separated from the rest of corstorphine. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's made up for me. Funnily enough corstorphine north? has had no new cases. Carrick Knowe buffers between broomhouse and the corrie inn. But I suspect they're meaning a couple of streets further south as well in Dovecot and Castle Road(sic). 

There's also never 100000 people in Corstorphine. North or otherwise.

I know it's an attempt to standardise the measure, but it can make the situation in a neighbourhood look much worse than it is.

My manor has a 7 day rate of 75 per 100000, which actually translates to 3 cases.

In a normal week there'd be more folk chibbed outside the Goodies.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

M & S food is tremendous. 

definitely better than the Asda's Tesco etc i'm sure your a regular customer Jonno a man of your wealth. 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Corstorphine South, if I can figure out the SG website.

Picture only for now.

Screenshot_20210228-190847_Samsung Internet.jpg

That looks like it includes Gylemuir, Wester Broom, Broomhall and Forrester Park

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Corstorphine South, if I can figure out the SG website.

Picture only for now.

Screenshot_20210228-190847_Samsung Internet.jpg

:interehjrling:

Should be able to sort this out with one of those daisy-cutter bombs like at the beginning of 'Outbreak'.

Shanks said no
42 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not really sure 

Tesco and Gylemuir Primary - its not I was wrong

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I like a lot of Waitrose's stuff as well as M&S. However, recently we've been getting stuff from Aldi and in all honesty I have been very impressed with the quality. 

Steak pie from Aldi are very good, but we are digesting from the topic!

Edited by Boy Daniel
Pie not pis

1 hour ago, Captain Slog said:

Ok, I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine on Friday, very impressed with how efficiently it was all over with in 20 minutes at the EICC.

And to be honest, no side effects worth complaining about, to be honest I've had worse hangovers.

However, @Dorothy got the Moderna one in America on Thursday (I know its been allowed, but don't think its reached UK yet), and she's been as sick as a Toto since.

I know they gave me the opportunity on Friday to state if I wished a different jab than the one offered, so if anyone is susceptible to side effects after vaccinations, Id bear it in mind. 

Differs from person to person. I felt rank for about 12 hours after the Astra Zeneca, as did my mum, but my dad was completely fine.

52 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Frank, please man up. 

You seem too immature to try and debate any points I raised so I'd suggest its you that is out of your depth, chum. 👌

Corstorphine South ? 

Primary one and two classes at an Edinburgh primary school have been told to self-isolate just days after they were given the green-light to return.

Staff and pupils at Gylemuir Primary, in Corstorphine, have been sent home for ten days after multiple cases were confirmed at the school.

Shanks said no
29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That looks like it includes Gylemuir, Wester Broom, Broomhall and Forrester Park

Western edge behind St Augustines / Forresters, some new flats, Does not include Wester Broom (other than a few houses on the Wester Broom side of Broomhall Drive)

Eastern Edge Saughton road North / Lampacre Road

Northern edge - Dunsmuir Court / Tylers Acre Road

Southern edge - Forrester Park Drive

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Western edge behind St Augustines / Forresters, some new flats, Does not include Wester Broom (other than a few houses on the Wester Broom side of Broomhall Drive)

Eastern Edge Saughton road North / Lampacre Road

Northern edge - Dunsmuir Court / Tylers Acre Road

Southern edge - Forrester Park Drive

I think the term Corstorphine South is nonsense as unlike say Drumbrae North/South its just too vague.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aldi and Lidl are class. 👍

The other thing I noticed today was some right wing libertarian well knowns talking about taking the vaccine but only to get 'Covid passports'. Still a 'great betrayal' of their 'freedom' and 'untested' vaccines. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The other thing I noticed today was some right wing libertarian well knowns talking about taking the vaccine but only to get 'Covid passports'. Still a 'great betrayal' of their 'freedom' and 'untested' vaccines. 

Just bang them up with a triple dose of covid and be done with it.

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree with a lot of what you say, Jonesy.

I fully understand people being fed up and fatigued with lockdown.  It's good to see everyone out and about, in parks, queuing for takeaway coffee, walking, running, cycling etc. ..all within the rules.  

I just hope everyone keeps following most of the rules for another few weeks through March and possibly early April. Wearing masks, washing hands etc.  We really are nearly done with this and from May onwards, I think we are more or less back to normal. No more tier systems,  6.30 close for hospitality, no alcohol, substantial meals etc. 

Despite lockdown and huge restrictions on people's liberties, we are still the worst country in the world for deaths. The messaging has been far too negative and the policies focussed on removing all risks instead of adopting sensible measures that reduce most risk while respecting the common sense that most people possess. 

The data is all very encouraging and the cases/hospitalisations/deaths are all plummeting.  

If everyone can just keep taking sensible precautions for a few more weeks, we're outta this imo.

If we can 'hang on in there through March and first part of April then we will be looking at the majority of the population having been given or offered the vaccine

Those left will on the whole be those less likely to die from the infection and we will continue to get to those 20,30 and 40 year olds with the roll out

I do have some worries about some population groups ignoring the advice especially when more social interaction is allowed and I'll be honest I'd rather people did not mix at present despite the grumbles....there will be some easing in just over a week in England for example re meeting up outside.....there will be further movement/easing on 29th March as well

The 12 April onwards may see more easing on a much larger scale including pubs, hairdressers etc

If we can reach the 12th April with no major issues life will take a big step forward in England and Scotland from 26th April....under 2 months and there will be real light at the end of this long tunnel...hang on in there folks

The simple things like not mixing when collecting kids at school and still wearing masks when asked to as well as washing hands regularly with all distances kept will keep the infection rates down in the meantime

Oh and one more thing cut out foreign travel for a while after 17 May even if allowed say for another month or so and make sure arrivals back have some checking system in place and not just a bit of paper that can be thrown away....there will be people who try to travel who have not been vaccinated and if we don't have the guts to tell them no vaccine no travel then they may have to self isolate on return

Edited by CJGJ

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes that was Peter Hitchens he got a load of pelters for it apparently

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sounds fairly reasonable and pragmatic to me. If you can't gain access to things we need and/or enjoy without a silly wee bit of paper to tell folk Bill Gates has pumped us full of 1s and 0s, then why not just 'man up' ;) 

I like Mr Hitchens he’s a fine chap 👍 yes that phrase is rather passé ! 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic