Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Taffin said:

I make it nearer 98.5% based on the ONS estimation of 1 in 8 in England having had it.

Changes all the time.  

ONS seems to be getting cherry picked a lot.  For example the death rate in 2020 was slightly up on 2019, rounds about same as 2018 and 2017 but less than 2015.

More people died in the UK in 2015 than in 2020.  This is a fact.  How can people reconcile this when talking about a mass pandemic in 2020?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I make it nearer 98.5% based on the ONS estimation of 1 in 8 in England having had it.

I thought it was 1 in 8 have antibodies?  That is very different to the amount of people that have had it. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Trump gets crowbarred out of the White House and I8 shows up on the CV thread.  A few hours apart.

:interehjrling:

:D

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Trump gets crowbarred out of the White House and I8 shows up on the CV thread.  A few hours apart.

:interehjrling:

Although Trump would certainly have received my 'X' should my right to vote been applicable this is just co-incidence.  I barely come on JKB or read any form of media now.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Changes all the time.  

ONS seems to be getting cherry picked a lot.  For example the death rate in 2020 was slightly up on 2019, rounds about same as 2018 and 2017 but less than 2015.

More people died in the UK in 2015 than in 2020.  This is a fact.  How can people reconcile this when talking about a mass pandemic in 2020?

It's been a safer world this year, Covid aside due to lockdowns etc so I'd expect the overall deaths to be lower.

I do agree though that a virus that kills ~1.5% of those it infects to have this kind of response does seem a little OTT...but I guess NHS, overwhelmed, awful disease, heartbreaking, virulent, etc etc.

Edited by Taffin

Oi Oi Trump is on the thread.. Maybe time for a new one - Covid Vaccine or the getting a chip put in you jag for the fake pandemic as people died anyway and there is no pressure on the NHS.

Maybe too long , possibly the - it was only 1820 today buts its cool as they would have died anyway thread.

****ing Jeesus H Kweehrist

7 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I thought it was 1 in 8 have antibodies?  That is very different to the amount of people that have had it. 

I thought it was broadly the same. Apologies. How did they get the antibodies if they haven't had it?

Edit: I'm basing it on this;

"In England, an estimated 1 in 8 people (95% confidence interval: 1 in 9 to 1 in 😎 would have tested positive for antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 on a blood test in December, suggesting they had the infection in the past."

Obviously the ONS site didn't change the number to a guy in sunglasses 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Although Trump would certainly have received my 'X' should my right to vote been applicable this is just co-incidence.  I barely come on JKB or read any form of media now.

And like Trump leaving the whitehouse today we are grateful for it 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was in the ERI 2 weekends ago and for the avoidance of doubt there were more people in from having fallen on black ice (like me) than were there suffering from covid.

Even as I sat concussed and getting a brain scan they were asking me if I had any covid symptoms.  They almost seemed disappointed when I kept (5 times) having to say "No!"

True story.

Is A&E not seperated into two seperate units, one for Covid & one for normal non covid patients?

If that's the case then of course there would be more people who have fallen on black ice than those with covid, because the covid patients would have been in a different part of A&E, well away from you and other non covid patients.

I admit I don't know the set up at ERI.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's been a safer world this year, Covid aside due to lockdowns etc so I'd expect the overall deaths to be lower.

I do agree though that a disease that kills ~1.5% of those it infects to have this kind of response does seem a little OTT...but I guess NHS, overwhelmed, awful disease, heartbreaking, virulent, etc etc.

This is another thing, the NHS is always 'overwhelmed' in the winter, it just so happens now they have half the staff due to self isolating.

My anger from a selfish point of view is lockdown and the taking away of my civil liberties and sound mental health but I am appalled that the government is not giving 2 single flying ****s about the vast majority of healthy citizens and the vast majority of people dying and suffering from illness not attributed to covid.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Ok.  Any more details regarding the "true story" that the concussed out-numbered the covids? *

* yeah I know,  you're entitled to an opinion.  It's just that I'm keen to know if the true story is a true story or a true opinion.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I thought it was broadly the same. Apologies. How did they get the antibodies if they haven't had it?

Im saying much more people may have had it than that 1 in 8 statistic.  

Just because you don’t have antibodies doesn’t mean you haven’t had the virus.  We don’t even know how long anti bodies last for and some people might have a natural immunity which would mean they would never even developed antibodies in the first place (as I understand it!) 

Taking all that into account if they estimate that 1 in 8 currently have antibodies that tells me that much more people have came into contact with the virus than that. 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I do agree though that a disease that kills ~1.5% of those it infects to have this kind of response does seem a little OTT...but I guess NHS, overwhelmed, awful disease, heartbreaking, virulent, etc etc.

I think the NHS thing and the fact its still mutating and causing thousands of deaths is the most important part of it all. The deaths would be lower , the news more positive and the lockdown less if BJ had just acted fast at the start and closed borders. Be interesting to know even now with closed borders just how many flights and people are still Travelling in and out the country

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Im saying much more people may have had it than that 1 in 8 statistic.  

Just because you don’t have antibodies doesn’t mean you haven’t had the virus.  We don’t even know how long anti bodies last for and some people might have a natural immunity which would mean they would never even developed antibodies in the first place (as I understand it!) 

Taking all that into account if they estimate that 1 in 8 currently have antibodies that tells me that much more people have came into contact with the virus than that. 

Yeh that would be my assumption too, which would probably make the percentage i8 was stating as nearer to the truth. I was just erring on the side of caution. Apologies I thought you meant the two weren't linked in that fashion 👍👍

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ok.  Any more details regarding the "true story" that the concussed out-numbered the covids? *

* yeah I know,  you're entitled to an opinion.  It's just that I'm keen to know if the true story is a true story or a true opinion.

I have feelers.

Adam_the_legend
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

5,300 Scotland, 78,000 England. Both shite, but  78, 000 is fecking sickening. 

what’s that by % of population?

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

It's 12% of the number who died in 2018, back when people didn't really seem to care how many people died.

28 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I've seen it quoted by Michael Yeadon supporters before, I've no reason to doubt that home deaths went up by a huge number, but I just can't work out why and how it fits in with the Covid deaths being 95% in hospitals or care homes.

Unless the "at home" figure includes care homes?? Doesn't explain the slight drop in hospital deaths. Obviously there is an overlap with all other respiratory deaths that ,this year, are Covid deaths but you would still expect them to be significantly higher.

10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

England estimated 56.29m (0.139%)

Scotland 5.46m (0.097%)

I think.

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Your fact is not correct - 75,000 more people died in 2020 than in 2015. 

Alternative facts!

© Donald J Trump

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:greatpost:

It's cute how you'll spam the thread just to have the last word. 

😉

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Changes all the time.  

Were there any lockdowns in 2015?

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Were there any lockdowns in 2015?

Nope. The death rate would have been higher every year since if there had been.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's cute how you'll spam the thread just to have the last word. 

😉

Now that would just be futile, seeing as you're not the type to ever let anyone have the last word. I will, however, concede to your superior knowledge and extensive experience of spamming threads.

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Now that would just be futile, seeing as you're not the type to ever let anyone have the last word. I will, however, concede to your superior knowledge and extensive experience of spamming threads.

You're too kind 😎

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

78% is a rather Conservative figure by all accounts. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises say that all passengers must have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

depending on how wide spread there could grow up some very lucrative business opportunities (in many sectors) catering for people who haven’t had a vaccine and who are apparently frozen out by the mainstream companies - very lucrative if some choosing not to have the vaccine have a few quid and are willing to pay a bit more for whatever it is they believe

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises say that all passengers must have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

So for every hop off you might need to self isolate in a hotel for 14 days, get tested again before you get back on, that needs to be 3 days earlier and finally self isolate when you get home. 

Sounds great.

(Actually does that make sense if you have been vaccinated?  It will be vaccinated only folk on the cruise.  Other countries may not let you in until their vaccine rates hit the 80% vaccination level, where a vaccinated herd immunity is considered safe)

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, kila said:

@Jambo 4 Ever can you respond to @i8hibsh

Then we can just leave them to it.

🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Come on back up your fact! How many people died in 2015 and how many in 2020. 

It’s no fun if you don’t play. 

He has had his five mins of trolling while he was on his chopper from the White House , he will have landed in Florida now and be busy again

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

From the provisional ONS figures for England and Wales only.

2015 - 539,007

2020 - 614,114

57 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Are you aware the UK population increases by approx 400k per year? There are approx 2 million plus more people in the UK than in 2015.

We see spikes all the time. 1985 I believe was a particularly bad year. There are no red flags at all in this death toll. 

Here is a pandemic....1918. World population of 1.9 billion and the world saw 50 million plus deaths in that year alone.  This is approx the same amount as modern times with a global population almost 4 fold.

The death rate does not justify the actions.  We are destroying a healthy population in heart and mind. The long term affects of the past years lockdowns are going to be devastating. We aint seen shit yet. The death rate will most certainly be on an upwards curve for years to come due to these lockdowns.

With the global population growing at such a staggering rate only a ****ing moron would be shocked at an increased death rate from this year to last. 

55 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the provisional ONS figures for England and Wales only.

2015 - 539,007

2020 - 614,114

2 million more people.

How many ****s did the UK government and everyone on here give about the huge spike in excess winter deaths in 2015

Answer : zero

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

2 million more people.

You sir are as crazy on the shed as on the terrace..the only saving grace is you so far have not blamed a woman for their part in giving birth to a child to increase the worlds population. 

This whilst a bit of back n forth banter by both sides was entertaining as usual Donald J Trump of I8towers has clogged it up with his usual look at me , here I am shite.

Do you realise that the death rates increase as there is more people alive. It will continue to grow because more children are being born therefore by the time they reach 60+ there will be a lot more than how many are currently in the 60+ age bracket to just die anyway as you said in your first post

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The death rate does not justify the actions.  We are destroying a healthy population in heart and mind. The long term affects of the past years lockdowns are going to be devastating. We aint seen shit yet. The death rate will most certainly be on an upwards curve for years to come due to these lockdowns.

Have you ever considered that the actions are keeping the death rate down? 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

How many ****s did the UK government and everyone on here give about the huge spike in excess winter deaths in 2015

Answer : zero

There wasnt a ****ing pandemic that was infecting people and causing the NHS to be stretched to breaking point in 2015

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Nope that would be a logical thought process

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Hear'say. 

You could argue that lockdown mark 3 proves the actions are doing **** all.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

There wasnt a ****ing pandemic that was infecting people and causing the NHS to be stretched to breaking point in 2015

The NHS has limited staff due to forced isolation. That is the cause.

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are you aware the UK population increases by approx 400k per year? There are approx 2 million plus more people in the UK than in 2015.

We see spikes all the time. 1985 I believe was a particularly bad year. There are no red flags at all in this death toll. 

Here is a pandemic....1918. World population of 1.9 billion and the world saw 50 million plus deaths in that year alone.  This is approx the same amount as modern times with a global population almost 4 fold.

We don't live in 1918 anymore.

Our attitude to life, death, palliative  care, scientific advances have changed what we expect.

At the start of this pandemic, North Italy with better health care than us were looking to triage who got hospital care based on age.  60+ no hospital care, for a while.

Can you imagine a hospital saying to any member of your family over that age that took a turn for the worse, sorry no can do, go home, don't see anyone, take your chances?

And would you have shrugged your shoulders 'it is what it is, people die, look back to 1918?

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The NHS has limited staff due to forced isolation. That is the cause.

FFS the stupid ***** they should have gone to work and made them all just get ill and however many die hope they take some patients out with them then aye?

Just now, DETTY29 said:

We don't live in 1918 anymore.

Our attitude to life, death, palliative  care, scientific advances have changed what we expect.

At the start of this pandemic, North Italy with better health care than us were looking to triage who got hosputal care based on age.  60+ hospital care.

Can you imagine a hospital saying to any member of your family over that age that took a turn for the worse, sorry no can do, go home, don't see anyone, take your chances?

And would you have shrugged your shoulders 'it is what it is, people die, look back to 1918?

We then spent a few billion on pop up covid hospitals all over the UK that were mothballed before the paint had dried. Explain that please.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic