Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'm sorry if you think I am trying to be cute, you weren't being very clear who or what you were ranting at.

I think the total reluctance and completely forced against their will way we went into our 1st lockdown and all subsequent breakers/lockdowns/tiers show that Government knew exactly what the difficulties and negative effects of lockdown were going to be. Indeed all the many countries around the world that had national lockdowns knew the dangers, to suggest otherwise will just make you look foolish.

I would guess you are the only person reading my post who thought I was talking about the governments of Iran, Pakistan or Burkino ****ing Faso.

Not one of our main (Westminster) or devolved governments will come out of this with any credability. I am a life long Tory and they have scunnered me so bad, they will never receive the ink of my pen again.

Edited by i8hibsh

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Good addition Redj.

Appreciate the time & effort for providing the info.

It's good to see East getting figures going in right direction, just can't wait to get out of LA area for some golf!

That first time back out on the course is going to feel magnificent, no matter how many balls end up in the bunkers. :)

3 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Good addition Redj.

Appreciate the time & effort for providing the info.

It's good to see East getting figures going in right direction, just can't wait to get out of LA area for some golf!

PS. Too late to edit & more importantly, to see my granddaughter!

Lucky my daughter does not view JKB

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thank you

No worries at all, DiB. I also contemplated adding in the vaccination stats but the data hole at weekends makes it awkward (cue my own personal rant about how the virus doesn't take a break at weekends and so neither should we in reporting it).

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

This lockdown has taught and confirmed to me 10 things:

1.  People are bigger ***** than I once thought.

2. I absolutely despise dogs.  

3. So many people do not own their own thoughts.

4.  People like submission.

5. People like being controlled.

6. Boris and the 'new' Tories are ***** like all other parties.  Roll on Farage's party.

7. Devolution is an even worse idea than I once thought.

8. The BBC is not worth the steam of my pish (I finally cancelled).

9. Public sector staff seem to think they levitate above us all.

10. I despise Nicola Sturgeon, Humza, the Dentist and all those who circle round more than anything on the planet.

In all of that hate filled delusional mind of yours despising dogs is the lowest of the low. 

Sure you and Robinson could get out there with yer antivax bibles shouting about how its a hoax and how they shouldn’t take it just die instead

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

In all of that hate filled delusional mind of yours despising dogs is the lowest of the low. 

Sure you and Robinson could get out there with yer antivax bibles shouting about how its a hoax and how they shouldn’t take it just die instead

I'm just surprised he didn't blame Ann Budge! :rofl:

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Glastonbury cancelled again this year, got to wonder about other big events going ahead too.

Highly unlikely , even small concerts and the like are very much looking at 2022. We have ko’d anything before october already and none of us have any hope that those two between then and December will go ahead. We have started working on rearranging artists , vendors , logistics etc for 2022

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

If I had put cats would that be ok?

I love and adore cats so much, many people feel the way about cats as I do dogs.

There seems to be a right and wrong way to think and feel that exists.  Created by lefty types.

If i had written the following no one would have batted an eyelid

I hate cats

I hate Donald Trump

I hate Nigel Farage

I hate mosquitos

I hate snakes

I hate spiders

I hate Thatcher

I hate Bankers

I hate the Tories

I hate Brexit voters

I hate Unionists

Good hate yeah

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Unreal.

was just away to post to you. The BBC news was saying that in England the situation of 70+ getting vaccinated without all the 80+ Hoomans being vacinated. They then went on to discuss Scotlands concerns about falling behind in vaccinations. They never went into detail of why the 70+ were jabbed but not 80+ unless their response about Scotland was a cover all answer. They said that the Government continue to say they are sticking to and defending the strategy of care home , most vulnerable and frontline NHS workers. 

Not really much help and as I said doesnt give an answer on wether aces have freezers capable of storage nor delivery of vaccines. Add to that my pal got her jab this morning and as I said she is non frontline staff in a private hospital

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I love and adore cats so much, many people feel the way about cats as I do dogs.

There seems to be a right and wrong way to think and feel that exists.  Created by lefty types.

I hate cats

I hate Donald Trump

I hate Nigel Farage

I hate mosquitos

I hate snakes

I hate spiders

I hate Thatcher

I hate Bankers

I hate the Tories

I hate Brexit voters

I hate Unionists

Good hate yeah

Nope Id have ignored your lunacy and asked why you hate Cats they are the guardians of the underworld 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nope Id have ignored your lunacy and asked why you hate Cats they are the guardians of the underworld 👍🏻

Cerberus would like a word with you. ;)

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Why so much hate?

Human nature.  As a man of integrity I can admit these things.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok, why are the things that you hate ok but the things I hate make me an awful person?

It is the exact same in the Terrace, there are a very large section of this forum and society in general that police our feelings and views and then play judge on the morality of them.

99% of all Hearts players have at some stage taking a bashing on this forum, I, like us all, have players I loved and players I thought were gash and in a very small scale hated.

We slate Pereira and it is high fives,  I slag Craig Wighton and the courtroom gets wheeled out.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Ok, why are the things that you hate ok but the things I hate make me an awful person?

Tell me something I have said I “hate”

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Cerberus would like a word with you. ;)

Haha , Thats Greek Mythology , the multi headed hound , imagine the damage he’d do to I8 as he tries to get through the gates of Hades. Cats are a sort of misnomer in terms of guardians of underword , they sre believed to be based on Bastet who was the goddess of protection of contagious disease and evil spirits (clearly isnt looking after this thread though)

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I prefer cats to most humans.

I am a cat person, I am not a people person.

No shit sherlock

Aguero tests positive for Covid btw

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Add to that my pal got her jab this morning and as I said she is non frontline staff in a private hospital

My mate got his jab a couple of weeks ago and he's a joiner for the NHS.

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t hate many things in life, Coronavirus though, I do hate that and all the restrictions. 

BTW dogs will protect you from an intruder while you sleep, cats would as soon murder you in your sleep and have found a new owner and moved in before your alarm went off in the morning. 

Dogs are annoying, but I don't hate them. I love cats.

I'm sort of against the keeping of pets though in general.

As for nature, I don't hate coronavirus, but I do hate snakes.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tell me something I have said I “hate”

I never said I could, but you will hate.  Oh boy, for sure you will.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is the exact same in the Terrace, there are a very large section of this forum and society in general that police our feelings and views and then play judge on the morality of them.

99% of all Hearts players have at some stage taking a bashing on this forum, I, like us all, have players I loved and players I thought were gash and in a very small scale hated.

We slate Pereira and it is high fives,  I slag Craig Wighton and the courtroom gets wheeled out.

I always see the analogy of the oub discussion.  What folk go about telling people iat other tables what they can talk about?

They would get told to bolt. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I’m not sure how your hatred for things is relevant  to this thread?

The entire forum is hate filled.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

If they keep the vaccination to a trickle up here then Nicola can try and keep us in lockdown for far longer, or at least have a chance to blame westminster when furlough runs out because England is vaccinated up.

Aye she will hardly be “ following the science “ when furlough ends . The lockdown game will be up the pole 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Devi is definitely worth listening to. 😉 

Surely not the same 'not the science' scientists who shout Sweden in answer to every question. 

At the time of our last discussion the 'not the science scientists' were still predicting Covid deaths would be similar to an ordinary year for respiratory deaths. With 1850 announced yesterday what are they saying now? 

Fair enough.

Entirely up to you.

Carl Heneghan has gone awfy quiet lately. :whistling:

again I’m not really looking to debate who’s portfolio of scientists are bigger or better than who’s or what they call right and what they call wrong as the complexity of the situation probably means they’ll all get stuff right and wrong at some point - that of course opens it up to people both thinking they’re wrong when they’re not due to misunderstanding and people highlighting in isolation where they actually are wrong but as I say in isolation 

if you believe your portfolio of scientists are better than mine then I’m happy to accept that in order to return to the original point

that point being - 2 numbers were compared and it appeared in some eyes the bigger number ‘won’

the ‘owner’ of the smaller number then highlighted a potential adjustment which I thought was valid but just to be clear may not have changed the overall outcome - the affect of that adjustment and many other potential valid adjustments one of which being lock-down I also raised as potential unknowns to the outcome

i wondered if anyone would accept even the initial population size adjustment as valid - I’m not sure if anyone has commented on it - do you want to comment? no bother if you don’t but that was the point I was involved in

Hadn't realised STV got the figures about where we were last night with jags and supplies

Here are the figures they reported.

310,000 - Already injected.

25,000 - Injected today [20 Jan].

175,000 - Distributed to GPs etc.

70,000 - In transit from English depot.

120,000 - In England awaiting checks.

To me the bold is key as to whether the GPs are in possession of, are now able to order.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It really is endless, a few more and it is worth noting that although some sound trivial they really are quite important in the grand scheme of things and of course as a person's civil rights:

No gap year for young adults

Men can't meet women for dates and ultimately sex (and what comes from sex)

Men can't meet men for dates and sex, women can't meet women for dates and sex.  This affects people as people need companionship, sex and of course fun 

Terminal cancer patients have to sit and rot until their time is over (they should be ticking off bucket lists)

Children being brought up thinking masks and lockdown is the 'norm' - this has to have a psychological affect down the line - it has to

Children building up no antibody immunity as they are effectively in incubation right now

IVF treatment delayed for over a year (some women simply do not have this year to give up)

Then of course their are the well documented, small business closures.

What is very abundantly clear is the governmment do not give the slightest **** about small business or mental health.  The only thing factored into lockdown and restriction decisions is coronavirus.

yes the ban on sh*****g has had an impact . I’ll be Doris Day when this is all over ! 

28 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’m not that keen on dogs either to be honest , but rarely admit it die to people equating this with possible serial killer traits ! 😂 I love cats though if that evens things out 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
38 minutes ago, frankblack said:

me too

quite disappointed with her omission 😡

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I hate cats

I hate Donald Trump

I hate Nigel Farage

I hate mosquitos

I hate snakes

I hate spiders

I hate Thatcher

I hate Bankers

I hate the Tories

I hate Brexit voters

I hate Unionists

Might've pulled you up - if I coulda been ersed - on the cat thing.

Dogs are pretty meh - it's the arsehole owner who don't pick up their pets' shite that gain my ire and contempt.

Hate's so negative though...

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

yes the ban on sh*****g has had an impact . I’ll be Doris Day when this is all over ! 

I’m not that keen on dogs either to be honest , but rarely admit it die to people equating this with possible serial killer traits ! 😂 I love cats though if that evens things out 👍

I found a solution. With construction being quiet there is a lot of spare scaffolding about.

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

me too

quite disappointed with her omission 😡

I prefer dogs to Budge if that helps 

Just now, Boof said:

Might've pulled you up - if I coulda been ersed - on the cat thing.

Dogs are pretty meh - it's the arsehole owner who don't pick up their pets' shite that gain my ire and contempt.

Hate's so negative though...

Or a double negative

I hate people who say they don't hate.

:gok:

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

That’s good to know. Where are you with proving your more deaths in 2015 than 2020 fact?

When someone can't even acknowledge that numbers of people impact death stats

If a country has a population of 10 million in 1950 and sees 120,000 deaths in a year and then in 2020 the population is 30 million people and 200,000 people die - do you think the populations are significant?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Two female woodpeckers, one called Ann, the other Nicola, pecking away at i8's temples all day long.

Would welcome any female getting that close right now tbh.  I'd even take the wee laddie Sturgeon.

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Two female woodpeckers, one called Ann, the other Nicola, pecking away at i8's temples all day long.

:lol:

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My mate got his jab a couple of weeks ago and he's a joiner for the NHS.

Yeah I can kind of understand that but its also not going to help the economy or lockdown.

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I never said I could, but you will hate.  Oh boy, for sure you will.

Emperor SadJ me mate.

If you knew me you would understand hate is not really a thing I do nor have time for. Get yourself into some meditation , fitness , read about the dalia lama and his teachings. The Alchemist is a great book try it 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

haha yup dog haters are serial killers tbat is a fact 😉🤣 ****ing Doris Day - im ended 🤣

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When someone can't even acknowledge that numbers of people impact death stats

If a country has a population of 10 million in 1950 and sees 120,000 deaths in a year and then in 2020 the population is 30 million people and 200,000 people die - do you think the populations are significant?

Do a quick bit of maths and to be honest your figures make the % of deaths lower so that would suggest that its actually not significant , whereas the advances in science and medicine is and has improved it. At least make figures up that back up your position

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would welcome any female getting that close right now tbh.  I'd even take the wee laddie Sturgeon.

I’ll bet they wouldn’t welcome getting that close to you

Weakened Offender
57 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t hate many things in life, Coronavirus though, I do hate that and all the restrictions. 

BTW dogs will protect you from an intruder while you sleep, cats would as soon murder you in your sleep and have found a new owner and moved in before your alarm went off in the morning. 

That's not true. My cat sleeps at the top of the stairs and will alert us to the most trivial noises all through the night, every night. 😐

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I prefer dogs to Budge if that helps 

to preserve the integrity of the list it needs amended :lol:

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day per-capita rates around the councils. I've also added some general nationwide stats to the end - this feature might persist or not.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Previous Today Yesterday     19 Jan 18 Jan 17 Jan 16 Jan 15 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     203 204 -1   209 222 229 239 240 ... 98
North Lanarkshire 4 3 315 291 +24   303 327 342 352 357 ... 119
Renfrewshire 4 3 312 310 +2   294 306 314 328 324 ... 116
Glasgow City 4 3 301 303 -2   314 344 360 365 363 ... 129
Clackmannanshire 4 3 283 283 0   281 277 270 264 264 ... 148
North Ayrshire 4 3 269 274 -5   266 289 300 305 289 ... 175
East Ayrshire 4 3 265 262 +3   260 275 283 293 276 ... 153
Inverclyde 4 2 263 276 -13   284 290 294 342 370 ... 59
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 250 252 -2   272 273 287 297 305 ... 70
South Lanarkshire 4 3 246 245 +1   264 271 274 280 278 ... 120
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 242 237 +5   246 246 259 272 277 ... 120
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 240 247 -7   255 279 289 314 297 ... 32
Falkirk 4 2 231 223 +8   211 227 239 239 231 ... 60
South Ayrshire 4 3 217 223 -6   228 244 246 241 226 ... 98
Dundee City 4 3 209 210 -1   228 235 237 256 261 ... 113
Aberdeen City 4 3 195 223 -28   226 244 244 257 257 ... 163
East Renfrewshire 4 3 182 179 +3   185 208 204 201 203 ... 101
Angus 4 2 174 167 +7   158 158 170 182 176 ... 37
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 165 180 -15   165 157 105 105 52 ... 22
Stirling Moss 4 3 165 151 +14   151 148 146 150 138 ... 70
Perth and Kinross 4 3 153 159 -6   158 168 184 217 222 ... 126
Fife 4 3 152 157 -5   169 175 177 189 196 ... 97
West Lothian 4 3 146 135 +11   143 156 155 159 166 ... 83
Scottish Borders 4 1 139 137 +2   138 164 171 197 213 ... 85
Edinburgh City 4 3 129 130 -1   136 147 150 162 170 ... 109
Moray 4 1 128 137 -9   125 105 101 120 118 ... 13
Aberdeenshire 4 3 126 137 -11   140 152 156 158 174 ... 88
Midlothian 4 3 123 122 +1   117 114 109 117 127 ... 136
East Lothian 4 3 122 126 -4   124 121 112 105 99 ... 148
Highland 4/3 1 106 120 -14   125 136 154 165 184 ... 17
Shetland Islands 3 1 87 79 +8   79 87 74 74 83 ... 0
Argyll and Bute 4/3 2 66 62 +4   64 75 89 90 86 ... 29
Orkney Islands 3 1 36 36 0   27 18 13 13 18 ... 0

Tests*     22191 21835 +356   21543 22161 22795 23468 23759 ... 16839
Positivity rate % *     8.5 8.7 -0.2   9.1 9.3 9.3 9.4 10.1 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1843 1847 -4   1839 1813 1771 1748 1740 ... 1061
ICU     161 156 +5   150 146 147 145 141 ... 58
Deaths*     56 52 +4   48 48 49 51 55 ... 25
(*7-day-average)                          

Thanks Red. I check this thread daily, scrolling threw all the usual crap for your daily posts. Much appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s quite depressing 

Yep.

Check point will be done post T4 vaccines (so you need time after that to understand what is happening) but realistically restrictions not being lifted till well into spring and hospitality back end.

Edited by DETTY29

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Unlikely hospitality to be opened in England by May.

It's one scientist's personal opinion.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I hate cats

I hate Donald Trump

I hate Nigel Farage

I hate mosquitos

I hate snakes

I hate spiders

I hate Thatcher

I hate Bankers

I hate the Tories

I hate Brexit voters

I hate Unionists

Good hate yeah

No need to steal ma list. 

Except Cats. Love cats and dogs. 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Aah, ok.

Hate to say it, but we'll see.

It's not looking promising at the moment, that's for sure.

I don't know how many businesses would last until May without trading.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not looking promising at the moment, that's for sure.

I don't know how many businesses would last until May without trading.

Yep, it is depressing.

There was never any chance of much of a change by end of March so if it's May then so be it.  If the purpose pays off then it will be better than a premature opening up if it was followed by a further wave and another raft of restrictions.

It all seems so far off right now and we don't even have much certainty to cling on to.  It's no wonder people are totally ****ed off.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic