• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sadj said:

fingers crossed FF

The thought of this without the better techniques and treatments is not worth thinking about. 

Yeah , it does play on your mind and makes you overthink your actions and what you are doing or who you might be around. Just stay strong pal 👍🏻

Very true. i have thought about what contact I had with the guy ( i assume it was him ) However why did it take it nearly a week for track and trace to contact me ? A nurse thinks that the virus carrier may have been tested at the weekend and maybe he wasnt positive when he was in the hospital ?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not Sturgeon though?

He can't bring himself to criticise the SG.

He would rather blame Johnson for Scotland's deaths even though Health is devolved.

He doesn't realise that by condemning Johnson, he is also condemning Sturgeon

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true. i have thought about what contact I had with the guy ( i assume it was him ) However why did it take it nearly a week for track and trace to contact me ? A nurse thinks that the virus carrier may have been tested at the weekend and maybe he wasnt positive when he was in the hospital ?

All quite possible. Just try not to overthink focus on the exercise , work and other aspects of your life unless you do feel any symptoms. I know we are all to act as if we have it but for peoples mental health in your circumstances Id suggest the opposite is a healthier approach

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He would rather blame Johnson for Scotland's deaths even though Health is devolved.

Johnson, Sturgeon, Drakeford plus their respective health ministers should all go. Your right, they are all complicit in the mess we find ourselves in.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Haha. Some of the loose talk on here is pretty shameful tbh. 

Aye but at least today we can all nip and pick whilst knowing Lawson is having a worse day than we all are after getting owned in court. 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Rubbish , it is all the Tories. Simples....😬😬

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

All quite possible. Just try not to overthink focus on the exercise , work and other aspects of your life unless you do feel any symptoms. I know we are all to act as if we have it but for peoples mental health in your circumstances Id suggest the opposite is a healthier approach

👍

Patrick Harvie highlights the shameful harassment of care homes by vaxx-fascists and all the ranter can muster is a rant about Patrick Harvie.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, sadj said:

Rubbish , it is all the Tories. Simples....😬😬

:biggrin2: They're not covering themselves in Glory that's for sure and Johnson can't make a decision for himself. Fecking clueless puppet 

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Reeled me in??😂

Just pleased you're taking it seriously. 

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've criticised the SG for plenty. You should try doing the same regarding the much worse situation down south now you're seemingly taking it all seriously instead of the tedious drivel you posted for months. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:biggrin2: They're not covering themselves in Glory that's for sure and Johnson can't make a decision for himself. Fecking clueless puppet 

Dont you start slating him thatll take all the fun away from it. 

Footballfirst

A breakdown of today's UK deaths from the Beeb.

Robert Cuffe

BBC head of statistics

Just under half of the 1,820 deaths reported in the UK today happened yesterday.

A further quarter occurred on Monday or Sunday.

So there are some old deaths in here (about 8% happened more than a week ago), but the rise to 1,820 reflects a genuine rise in the number of people dying.

Deaths that are reported today are likely to reflect infections that happened around Christmas time, so we are likely to see deaths continue to rise for some time yet, since cases continued to rise after Christmas.

So when, roughly, did the deaths reported today happen?

• Today or yesterday - nearly 900
  • Two to three days ago - just under 450
  • Four to seven days ago - more than 300
  • Eight to 14 days ago - about 150
  • 15 to 28 days -15
  • Longer than 28 days ago - 10

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I've criticised the SG for plenty. You should try doing the same regarding the much worse situation down south now you're seemingly taking it all seriously instead of the tedious drivel you posted for months. 

If I lived down south, I would be giving them it tight with both barrels too.

I've always taken the virus seriously right from the start. I've worn a mask in shops before it was mandatory, I keep my distance from people etc.

Don't mix up taking it seriously with criticism of some of the laughable lockdown measures aimed at the hospitality industry.

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've always taken the virus seriously right from the start. I've worn a mask in shops before it was mandatory, I keep my distance from people etc.

Don't mix up taking it seriously with criticism of some of the laughable lockdown measures aimed at the hospitality industry.

Is that not just cause humans are on the whole *****

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

you're seemingly taking it all seriously instead of the tedious drivel you posted for months. 

Posting to yourself in the mirror is the first symptom of Covid, mate. You should probably isolate.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We need more sensible sceptics imo. We have the lockdown fanatics at one extreme, the Sturgeon's, Starmer's etc who want to lock everything down, wrap a comfort blanket around the population and believe the UK govt can magic up the funds to cover all this indefinitely.  Real fantasy island stuff. On the other extreme we have the anti vaxxers, anti mask brigade who don't believe it exists.

The sensible sceptics understand the balance between protecting the economy and those who are susceptible to catching Covid and becoming ill. The measures against hospitality were ludicrous and need to be reversed at the earliest opportunity in March. Schools too need to return asap. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Posting to yourself in the mirror is the first symptom of Covid, mate. You should probably isolate.

We are not mates. You're an insufferable bore. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

No, no, not anymore. It has to be a very specific mask now. The flimsy make shift ones don't cut it against the new strain, haven't you seen the news today?!?

Who'd have thought cutting up old socks and tying them to your head with fishing line might not actually be very effective.

Which no doubts will be government approved and only available from official outlets, oh and cost a premium as well

(of course I'm joking :whistling:)

Is it only France which have said flimsy masks don't protect against the new strains or are there others, would you know?

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

We are not mates.  You're an insufferable bore.

I know who's company I'd rather spend a couple of hours in.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which no doubts will be government approved and only available from official outlets, oh and cost a premium as well

(of course I'm joking :whistling:)

Is it only France which have said flimsy masks don't protect against the new strains or are there others, would you know?

think Germany too, but I'm sure I read they've said that all along.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

We are not mates. You're an insufferable bore. 

Aw, no need to be like that, buddy. Just think, one of the main benefits of isolation is that you'll finally understand how your brain cell feels. It'll do you the world of good.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know who's company I'd rather spend a couple of hours in.

Cheers mate,  I'm sorry if my earlier post was a bit narky. Catch up soon. 😎👍

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aw, no need to be like that, buddy. Just think, one of the main benefits of isolation is that you'll finally understand how your brain cell feels. It'll do you the world of good.

You're banter is chronic. 😀

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We need more sensible sceptics imo. We have the lockdown fanatics at one extreme, the Sturgeon's, Starmer's etc who want to lock everything down, wrap a comfort blanket around the population and believe the UK govt can magic up the funds to cover all this indefinitely.  Real fantasy island stuff. On the other extreme we have the anti vaxxers, anti mask brigade who don't believe it exists.

The sensible sceptics understand the balance between protecting the economy and those who are susceptible to catching Covid and becoming ill. The measures against hospitality were ludicrous and need to be reversed at the earliest opportunity in March. Schools too need to return asap. 

👍👍

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😂😂

Another day, another hospital visit from the BBC, encouraged/coaxed by the Govt and the scientists.  It's feckin tedious, give it a rest. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You're banter is chronic. 😀

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it fact, bud, no matter how much your insecurities need that to be so.

As long as you feel better about yourself then that's the main thing, though. You need to be looking after your perilously fragile frame of mind in these troubled times. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Cheers mate,  I'm sorry if my earlier post was a bit narky. Catch up soon. 😎👍

:greggy:

I was in the ERI 2 weekends ago and for the avoidance of doubt there were more people in from having fallen on black ice (like me) than were there suffering from covid.

Even as I sat concussed and getting a brain scan they were asking me if I had any covid symptoms.  They almost seemed disappointed when I kept (5 times) having to say "No!"

True story.

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it fact, bud, no matter how much your insecurities need that to be so.

As long as you feel better about yourself then that's the main thing, though. You need to be looking after your perilously fragile frame of mind in these troubled times. 👍

Blah blah blah 😊

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was in the ERI 2 weekends ago and for the avoidance of doubt there were more people in from having fallen on black ice (like me) than were there suffering from covid.

Even as I sat concussed and getting a brain scan they were asking me if I had any covid symptoms.  They almost seemed disappointed when I kept (5 times) having to say "No!"

True story.

Staggering.  Incredible that they would wheel a concussed man on a tour around the entire hospital so he could see for himself that there wasn't much covid about.  Is that a new thing they do?

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

Are you suggesting the reported 2003 people in hospital who have had a +ve covid test is a lie?

I think there is a whole lot of lies and sensationalist propoganda yes.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Staggering.  Incredible that they would wheel a concussed man on a tour around the entire hospital so he could see for himself that there wasn't much covid about.  Is that a new thing they do?

You are entitled to view all this this as you choose and believe Vic, as am I.

Edited by i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You are entitled to view all this this as you choose and believe Vic, as am I.

Cut the crap and tell us what we all want to know..

Did they find a brain? 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd be making moves to pull in wee Naga from over on the Beeb to complete the foursome tbh.

:sweeet:

You Sir have impeccable taste.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

5,300 Scotland, 78,000 England. Both shite, but  78, 000 is fecking sickening. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Did they find a brain? 

It took some time but they found a small trace.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

You are entitled to view this as you choose and believe Vic, as am I.

Of course.  Just trying to drill down into how you know about the place not having much covid about compared to the concussion sufferers.  

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Did they find a brain? 

😁

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It took some time but they found a small trace.

NHS is truly ****ed if they found anything, your right, its all lies 😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I had some bother looking up the cause of death information we were talking about last night, ONS website is getting blocked and home school was a nightmare today!!

However I have managed to see that in Scotland the cancer deaths are up, but not by a lot and although above average are not record figures. As you expect respiratory disease deaths are down, Covid got plenty of those was this year. Covid deaths are up massively and unexplained deaths have increased too. None of that helps us work out why so many more people have died at home. We'll just need to wait for the cover up/enquiry.

Good work Brian👍. Yes, I checked the figures in case I had misread them. It does seem strange, as you would expect hospital deaths to be up significantly. Hopefully there will be an explanation,  or cover up as you say, at some point. 

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Did they find a brain? 

😂😂 He had to explain most of the symptoms pre-dated the head knock!

Just joking @i8hibsh. Hope everything was okay and you're feeling better 👍👍

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

The official figure of people in hospital who have in the previous 28 days tested positive for Coronavirus is made up propaganda. WOW. 

Are the number of registered deaths a lie too?

Tested positive?  Seriously, and? who gives a flying ****.  It is a pointless statistic.  

I believe that the people who are dying are dying and have died - I just don't belive that they were killed by this 'pandemic'.

I want the BBC and such like to start reporting on the 99.97% who test positive AND DO NOT DIE OF COVID 19.

So yes when the news is all about that 0.03% and NEVER mentioning the 99.97% you are damn right that is propoganda.

Mainstream media do it all the time.  An example is the refugees coming to the UK on boats.  One in every couple of hundred is a small child but you can bet your bottom dollar that one child will be the main story and angle.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Tested positive?  Seriously, and? who gives a flying ****.  It is a pointless statistic.  

I believe that the people who are dying are dying and have died - I just don't belive that they were killed by this 'pandemic'.

I want the BBC and such like to start reporting on the 99.97% who test positive AND DO NOT DIE OF COVID 19.

So yes when the news is all about that 0.03% and NEVER mentioning the 99.97% you are damn right that is propoganda.

Mainstream media do it all the time.  An example is the refugees coming to the UK on boats.  One in every couple of hundred is a small child but you can bet your bottom dollar that one child will be the main story and angle.

I make it nearer 98.5% based on the ONS estimation of 1 in 8 in England having had it.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic