Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, ri Alban said:

Building sites? 

I'd imagine it's still business as usual for the building sites, seems to be non essential shops and hospitality that getting closed, tier 4 restrictions 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

Right, the Xmas bit I am onboard with.  Fair play, and the travel ban to/from RUK is fair enough.   

But, when do we in Scotland ever get to see the benefit of having permanently longer, harsher restrictions than anywhere else.   It’s absolutely relentless and all promises of tomorrow which she never actually delivers.  And before anyone says but it’s delivery less deaths as was proven by the data yesterday it isn’t.  

So, we take the extra pain but at what point do we get any actual gain.  

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, jonesy said:

So despite my workplace following all measures, and not recording a single case of transmission among staff or customers from August onwards, we've got to stay closed at a traditionally tough time of year anyway. She's really determined to make sure we're all suckling at the government teat rather than go to work. Pathetic.

Yeah same as us, we'll be closed from Thursday for 3 weeks also as its non essential, absolute shit as I was to make about £700 wages the week after Xmas as working 6 days instead of 3, will only be paid for the 3 now and probably 80%

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Right, the Xmas bit I am onboard with.  Fair play, and the travel ban to/from RUK is fair enough.   

But, when do we in Scotland ever get to see the benefit of having permanently longer, harsher restrictions than anywhere else.   It’s absolutely relentless and all promises of tomorrow which she never actually delivers.  And before anyone says but it’s delivery less deaths as was proven by the data yesterday it isn’t.  

So, we take the extra pain but at what point do we get any actual gain.  

Spot on a few weeks ago it was do this to have a normal Christmas etc 

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I like how she's 'allowing' us to have Christmas. :rofl:

Like anyone other that subservient gimp from Hamilton that posts on here would give a shit either way.

She now owns Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Living in your part of Scotland...that's quite the projection.

:sadrobbo:

I just close the curtains and let the locals do as they want too. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So despite my workplace following all measures, and not recording a single case of transmission among staff or customers from August onwards, we've got to stay closed at a traditionally tough time of year anyway. She's really determined to make sure we're all suckling at the government teat rather than go to work. Pathetic.

Have all workplaces followed all the measures?  Have all workplaces recorded no cases of transmission?  Is it remotely feasible to enable workplaces to open on a case by case basis?

If the answer to any of those is no then it's completely irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The big guns are out in force spreading panic and fear as best as they can. 

They must be delighted to have a new strain to blame for yet more disruption and forthcoming redundancies. 

Merry Christmas everyone. 

How many more deaths do you want?

The general view is UK deaths at least 2,000 a day before current virus strain at  Level 1 or Level 2 restrictions.

You could always volunteer yourself any family and loved ones. But need to add all work mates and anyone you've ever known. All dead. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Victorian said:

Have all workplaces followed all the measures?  Have all workplaces recorded no cases of transmission?  Is it remotely feasible to enable workplaces to open on a case by case basis?

Exactly , unfortunately

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

The Governments were under massive public and media pressure to implement the festive relaxation (which was never a "free for all"). They were concerned that if they didn't do anything, and connect the relaxation to specific advice about meeting up, then a large number of us would meet up anyway in an uncontrolled fashion. They were probably right.

We should be blaming ourselves. We the public can be our own worst enemy at times.

Very surprised at that response from you . Playing the blame game . Disappointing 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why have they been allowed to open for so long if they were transmission sites. Same with schools. Good she’s decided enough people have died but maybe a bit late. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So despite my workplace following all measures, and not recording a single case of transmission among staff or customers from August onwards, we've got to stay closed at a traditionally tough time of year anyway. She's really determined to make sure we're all suckling at the government teat rather than go to work. Patheti

Under pressure from Fitzpatrick being forced out yesterday, NS has chosen to bury this away by enforcing restrictions that are uncalled for. 

We had areas on mainland that were going to tier 1 from Tuesday and suddenly they are Tier 4.

Good to see the usual SNP &  NS fan boys out in force defending the indefensible. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen this coming, plenty of food, bog roll and just stocked up on around 3 weeks worth of beer just yesterday, shops are going to be rammed from now on to christmas.

That's the crazy part with these decisions folk are going to go crazy going shopping I mean its already usually bad food shopping this coming week but it will be mental now until Christmas and surely this is going to be a massive spreader if it spreads as much as they think it does this new strain.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Why have they been allowed to open for so long if they were transmission sites. Same with schools. Good she’s decided enough people have died but maybe a bit late. 

Every country in the world has reacted too late to circumstances that come along.  One consistent feature of this entire shite has been that any delay = a hard punch in the face.  Sturgeon alluded to a mindset to react to things much quicker now.  But even that's too late.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So we sacrifice viable businesses? Just because you can't convince your boss that his employees' health is important doesn't mean everyone should suffer 😛 

Weird response but I'll answer the relevant bit.  There's really no feasible way to micro-manage every business on a case by case basis.  It's irrelevant that business A has been utterly brilliant if business X, Y & Z have been half arsed.  

Do you have a remotely workable plan to licence businesses to open on an individual basis?

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very surprised at that response from you . Playing the blame game . Disappointing 

We all have to take responsibility in life.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Every country in the world has reacted too late to circumstances that come along.  One consistent feature of this entire shite has been that any delay = a hard punch in the face.  Sturgeon alluded to a mindset to react to things much quicker now.  But even that's too late.

The first lockdown worked fine. I’m not bitter about it and do actually appreciate that she’s had tough decisions to make but the levels system was just a wild punt that’s eventually led to a close to lockdown situation over (basically) the entire country. Entire industries sacrificed to achieve horrendous infection rates and death figures then level 4 anyway. Not great imo. 

It's somewhat ironic that after all the Tory party's manufactured "culture wars" fake outrage, it's actually been THEM that have cancelled Christmas.

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes how convenient was the “ new strain “ in helping them with those new  restrictions . I’m not buying it . Not at all . Also she has been itching to close the border and now will do this . This will appeal to the fanatical Brave heart types . Good vote winner . 

Jeez James, what a shite post. You really live in a tinfoil world at times.

The new strain is real and was known about in London weeks ago but they didn't lock down there and now it is out of control.

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Thus 16 day circuit breaker is fair dragging on,but we must all make "sacrifizez"

Buys us around 4 weeks at Christmas was it not? 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The first lockdown worked fine. I’m not bitter about it and do actually appreciate that she’s had tough decisions to make but the levels system was just a wild punt that’s eventually led to a close to lockdown situation over (basically) the entire country. Entire industries sacrificed to achieve horrendous infection rates and death figures then level 4 anyway. Not great imo. 

Spot on 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

How many more deaths do you want?

The general view is UK deaths at least 2,000 a day before current virus strain at  Level 1 or Level 2 restrictions.

You could always volunteer yourself any family and loved ones. But need to add all work mates and anyone you've ever known. All dead. 

All dead!  This the new strain that is more virulent but less harmful than previous. 

A virus that affects a miniscule percentage of population and kills a tiny percentage of that minuscule percentage. 

Just like the previous wild over estimation modelling, this one will be used to panic and scare the gullible. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Amusing watching the weekend news presenters where nothing remotely interesting ever happens on their shifts, suddenly start stuttering when breaking news comes in. Trying hard to fill air-time talking, when they'd struggle to fill a urine sample tub.

Noticed that on sky news earlier. Also some of the journalists questions seem like they have had some Dutch courage especially as all affected by the changes 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This is where I probably am. That said I can understand the move from a preventative basis, but you need to realise some benefits of tougher restrictions at some point. Otherwise its just jam tomorrow.

Don’t believe for one second this will be 3 weeks either.

I'd agree. 

Half arsed measure after half arsed measure. 

Unis and schools set the whole thing on a path to where we are now and we'll never get on top of it now. 

This is how its going to be in 2021 too cos there's no chance whatsoever that the vaccine programme will be out in meaningful numbers before this time next year. 

Just now, jonesy said:

No. What's yours to rejuvenate an economy which is already on its knees getting yet another kick in the balls with NS' Doc Martens?

I don't need one because it will suffer a lot of unavoidable damage and will take time to recover.  

Governments have always known that individuals will suffer and that not everyone can be compensated.  They need to think of the economy as a whole and it will recover.  Sadly not everyone doing well in the previous version of our economy will prosper in the next version.  It's a ****ing tragedy of our era.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's somewhat ironic that after all the Tory party's manufactured "culture wars" fake outrage, it's actually been THEM that have cancelled Christmas.

Pretty sure I heard Nicola saying she is allowing Christmas. That's ****ing good of her. She really does believe world spins round her. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd agree. 

Half arsed measure after half arsed measure. 

Unis and schools set the whole thing on a path to where we are now and we'll never get on top of it now. 

This is how its going to be in 2021 too cos there's no chance whatsoever that the vaccine programme will be out in meaningful numbers before this time next year. 

Half arsed was not stopping all flights from abroad in February. Quick action then could have avoided most of this. 

Half arsed was probably not stopping all travel from England last month. Or when new strain first identified.

They are still adopting a balance which is tougher restrictions because they know there will still be loads of people spreading the virus by meeting indoors etc.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mind that previous life when cup final eve was a tremendous night?

Ffs this is brutal.

There's been no build up to the final - it's hardly been mentioned in the grand scheme of things 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Lockowns and Tier systems clearly don't work, wearing of masks not making any difference as figures of infection higher than pre lockdown 1  The vaccine might or might not be any good as the virus mutates 

Are we any better off than we were in March? 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure I heard Nicola saying she is allowing Christmas. That's ****ing good of her. She really does believe world spins round her. 

:bigyawn:

She goes early and severe, she's a witch. She leaves it and cases pick up, she's a witch. 

The tier system works, but they've been advised that this strain is more spreadable. So, what should they do, Mal?  Let it rip, or help the UK cause. 

husref musemic
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes how convenient was the “ new strain “ in helping them with those new  restrictions . I’m not buying it . Not at all . Also she has been itching to close the border and now will do this . This will appeal to the fanatical Brave heart types . Good vote winner . 

I'm f'n raging, i was planning to drive my dad to see his brother in Newcastle who's receiving cancer treatment. down & back in a day with a chat in the garden.

now I'll have to justify myself to some SNP stassi type on the border.

Had he been in Inverness (further away) that's fine. 

I laughed when I saw the nut jobs with the bed sheets & white suits at the border a few months ago. well i aint f'n laughing now. 

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The new strain was discovered in September.

Ok so third time lucky is it the strain that was going about Denmark when Iceland played them and England did not want to issue visas to allow Iceland to play here? Im sure that was reported as being a faster transmitting version

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Doesn’t sound like your having a laugh, the exact opposite in fact.🤷🏻‍♂️

I think he’s hAlf pissed which is quite early for him ! Maybe celebrating the border being closed ? Maybe got a patrol shift tomorrow at it ?  A breve heart version of.  “ Dads army “ 😂😂😂

Ok, this is going to be contentious, perhaps, but I personally don't think we needed a national Tier 4 lockdown in Scotland from Boxing Day. Today's case figures in Scotland showed a significant decline, and we're not experiencing the same rise in cases that they are in England and Wales. I think reducing the Christmas mixing to one day was a good idea, but lockdown was an unnecessary step taken out of ultra cautiousness. It's not an indictment of the tier system having failed. It's perhaps more of a lack of trust in the population to do the right thing over the festive season, and the fear of how that might affect the infection rate, combined with a desire to see us drive cases below the plateau which, until today, we seemed to be stuck at.

Konrad von Carstein
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You are a **** div, seriously, did you read that back to yourself before hitting post? 😳🤔🙄

Alternatively you are at the ham 😉

If so "chapeau!" you got me at least!

20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

That's the crazy part with these decisions folk are going to go crazy going shopping I mean its already usually bad food shopping this coming week but it will be mental now until Christmas and surely this is going to be a massive spreader if it spreads as much as they think it does this new strain.

Switched to online shopping at the start of November, no way was I willing to mix with the expected crowds.

If it’s as virulent as they say it is and I have no reason to doubt them  , why the delay in the lockdown ? Surely Monday and bang lockdown . 

We can’t travel to the rest of the UK but they’re still looking at international travel , it’s simple , no one in , if you do go out you only get back in after 14 days isolation in a government holding area , if you don’t fancy that don’t leave . 

Not sure about the vaccination now, according to Boris it “ should be “ okay , not good enough ya prick .

WoolfordsHearts
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mind that previous life when cup final eve was a tremendous night?

Ffs this is brutal.

It'll still be a tremendous night in my house mate.

Let's digest this sh**e news and enjoy our cup final win build up.👍

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Half arsed was not stopping all flights from abroad in February. Quick action then could have avoided most of this. 

Half arsed was probably not stopping all travel from England last month. Or when new strain first identified.

They are still adopting a balance which is tougher restrictions because they know there will still be loads of people spreading the virus by meeting indoors etc.

And allowing folk to go on holiday July , August and September 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:bigyawn:

She goes early and severe, she's a witch. She leaves it and cases pick up, she's a witch. 

The tier system works, but they've been advised that this strain is more spreadable. So, what should they do, Mal?  Let it rip, or help the UK cause. 

Na not agreeing with that, she has went more severe at every turn and has not been shy in saying our numbers are the best in UK etc.

Places in tier 2 and even possibly 1 now finding themselves in tier 3 is a shxx show and proves the strategy was not fit for purpose.

7 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Lockowns and Tier systems clearly don't work, wearing of masks not making any difference as figures of infection higher than pre lockdown 1  The vaccine might or might not be any good as the virus mutates 

Are we any better off than we were in March? 

Probably nearer 300,000 deaths in UK by now if nothing had been done.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic