Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And October and early November as well, you'd be shocked at the number of people going to the South of Spain in November.

Presumably to get a final top up on their tan before winter.

It really is a disgrace 😡

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apologies if already covered, how come some restrictions and changes need to go through parliament but others don't?

Also, when did the Scottish Government get the power to ban travel to/from England?

Also,

"It is not right to criminalise people who simply want to spend time with their loved ones," the Prime Minister said at a Downing Street briefing

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think it's the games themselves that may be fecked. They'll be next on Sturgeon's hit list of fun. 

The only mandated entertainment will be watching her daily briefing. Indeed, given the nick of some of the sad sacks cowering behind their sofas on here, it appears that it already is.

You forgot about the thrice daily sermon from our puritan minister telling us it's all our fault for straying from the righteous path and we need to seek forgiveness for our wicked ways.

7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Apparently people's mental health is more important. 

I’m not an anti-masker, but the mental health pandemic that follows COVID will be around for decades not months/years. 

Edited by gashauskis9

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Enzo when I had an appointment at Lauriston place a few weeks there were around 8 , nurses ( or ancillaries) standing about doing sfa and there was me and 2 other patients 

Well at least you would have had attentive service,  so to speak,  James. But you're right, we onlu hear about how overwhelmed they MAY become. 

2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The islands are 3.  Or you could just use the pre Boxing Day tiers.  

Anyway agree with you that we could have got this well under control as we are an Island.

There have been scientific studies that have become more clear as the year went on.  Masks both protect you and protect others (originally they thought it just protected others).  But they have to be worn properly (cover mouth and nose). 

How many people would you say wore a mask correctly? Percentage? 

Are these inept wearers of masks as guilty as those who choose not to wear one at all? Are they doing it on purpose? Do they also have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands as some mallets would have you believe? 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No. The first lockdown worked. People achieved that. Mixed messages and half measures, along with the blame game,have led us to this. 

It's still people.  The governments ****ed up on keeping people onside and interested but people have shown that they can't remain responsible enough.

Governments want people to follow rules.  People break rules.  

46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mind that previous life when cup final eve was a tremendous night?

Ffs this is brutal.

Don't kid yourself. Like your Dear Leader, you're frothing.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Apologies if already covered, how come some restrictions and changes need to go through parliament but others don't?

Also, when did the Scottish Government get the power to ban travel to/from England?

Also,

"It is not right to criminalise people who simply want to spend time with their loved ones," the Prime Minister said at a Downing Street briefing

And if Boris didn't deem it necessary to lock down the North of England, wtf is Sturgeon doing moving the whole of Scotland to level 4. Did she not ask him for advice??

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The latest per-100,000 7-day case rates around the councils. A number of good reductions.

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday       17 Dec 16 Dec 15 Dec 14 Dec 13 Dec
East Ayrshire 3 160 159 +1     171 183 170 175 161
North Ayrshire 3 160 174 -14     194 191 185 181 180
Aberdeen City 3 150 162 -12     166 154 157 144 124
East Lothian 3 146 147 -1     148 150 150 136 126
Midlothian 3 142 151 -9     176 190 182 163 151
Clackmannanshire 3 138 173 -35     167 171 194 188 190
North Lanarkshire 3 129 133 -4     141 146 152 144 134
Dundee City 3 125 146 -21     149 155 159 165 132
Glasgow City 3 122 140 -18     143 145 154 154 141
South Lanarkshire 3 119 122 -3     133 135 145 141 128
Perth and Kinross 3 116 143 -27     124 127 116 113 104
Edinburgh City 3 106 112 -6     113 111 112 109 102
Renfrewshire 3 106 121 -15     141 136 144 145 145
West Dunbartonshire 3 102 99 +3     105 93 96 94 80
Fife 3 100 118 -18     128 134 139 133 135
South Ayrshire 3 96 99 -3     118 126 123 123 116
East Renfrewshire 3 91 109 -18     109 111 128 130 137
Scottish Borders 1 87 100 -13     92 92 89 87 82
West Lothian 3 87 89 -2     92 97 104 110 117
Aberdeenshire 3 79 82 -3     84 80 85 80 89
East Dunbartonshire 3 67 78 -11     86 90 109 100 106
Falkirk 2 64 65 -1     70 87 90 91 98
Stirling 3 62 67 -5     67 76 80 84 93
Inverclyde 2 54 64 -10     66 60 59 51 57
Angus 2 37 45 -8     47 49 59 60 69
Argyll and Bute 2 28 33 -5     37 33 35 33 51
Dumfries & Galloway 1 26 29 -3     24 19 22 21 23
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 19 15 +4     15 30 26 22 15
Highland 1 17 18 -1     17 17 19 17 18
Moray 1 17 19 -2     21 19 17 21 25
Orkney Islands 1 0 0 0     0 0 0 0 0
Shetland Islands 1 0 0 0     0 0 0 0 0
Scotland   96 105 -9     111 111 115 111 111

👍

3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

What you one of these I don’t want to hear the truth people. 

No, just don't want to listen to shite like you just spewed.

Plot, lost.

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

This is where they need to share their evidence if they want to be believed to be honest, people have had enough and rightly or wrongly will make their own decisions.

Evidence like London's transmission numbers tripling in 18 days due to it's mutation, pesky wee virus just won't sit at peace.

Before people even had their fill, they've been making their own decisions.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The alternative - complete social isolation - is a cure which is worse than the disease itself. I understand you have the opposite opinion, but consider for a second the only other times in our lives in which we may face enforced isolation. It's used a punishment in prisons. It's used as a manipulation technique in abusive relationships. It's used to control naughty children. It's used to enforce psychological torture in order to change one's train of though - aka brainwashing. 

The majority of the population could go about their business 2019-stylee from tonight and there would be no bump in the excess death rate. Enforcing social isolation on the entire population is a wild, reactionary move from people who have no interest in the best outcome; it is designed to make them electable at the next election by providing statistics that add a tarnished halo to their self-aggrandised little authoritarian skulls.

I've said it all along, those who want total isolation are welcome to it, nobody is forcing them to go outside. 

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I lnow you're pissed off and feeling a bit angry, but you can ram the collective guilt up your arse.  

It's not guilt.  It's an observation on us all.  You should maybe calm down as I don't exclude myself.  It's everyone.

38 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok so third time lucky is it the strain that was going about Denmark when Iceland played them and England did not want to issue visas to allow Iceland to play here? Im sure that was reported as being a faster transmitting version

I meant to answer your first post directed to me, but it got lost in all the frenzy, sorry.

I see someone else has answered and basically I agree with that post.

This new strain is different from the mink strain AFAIK, which we haven't heard anything else about, so presumably it's been contained and isn't a problem anymore, I'm sure if it had got out of Denmark there'd be some report about it, somewhere.

Just now, Victorian said:

It's still people.  The governments ****ed up on keeping people onside and interested but people have shown that they can't remain responsible enough.

The tier and level rules were not enough to drive the virus down to the levels achieved in the big lockdown. When governments issue rules like closing pubs at 10pm or separate rules for Edinburgh and Musselburgh confidence in their judgement is going to plummet.  

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Don't kid yourself. Like your Dear Leader, you're frothing.

Nah I'm quite depressed by it.  It's really helping to be told that I'm actually pleased though.  Thanks for that mate.  

11 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The islands are 3.  Or you could just use the pre Boxing Day tiers.  

Anyway agree with you that we could have got this well under control as we are an Island.

There have been scientific studies that have become more clear as the year went on.  Masks both protect you and protect others (originally they thought it just protected others).  But they have to be worn properly (cover mouth and nose). 

Now that's a good idea, CSJ. :)

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And if Boris didn't deem it necessary to lock down the North of England, wtf is Sturgeon doing moving the whole of Scotland to level 4. Did she not ask him for advice??

She needs to be seen to be doing something, even if it is the wrong thing. 

Massive over reaction that everyone can see, even her own followers, they just won't admit it. 

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Evidence like London's transmission numbers tripling in 18 days due to it's mutation, pesky wee virus just won't sit at peace.

Before people even had their fill, they've been making their own decisions.

Then again if we are locking down because of what is happening in London tier system is fecked, I am not getting in to the politics of it but you can't use what is happening in England when it suits you but not when it does not.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not guilt.  It's an observation on us all.  You should maybe calm down as I don't exclude myself.  It's everyone.

I don't think it's everyone. However it's enough people to have made a difference.

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’m not an anti-masker, but the mental health pandemic that follows COVID will be around for decades not months/years. 

So will a lot of people who are more vulnerable to the virus. 

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just cracked a wee cider there, now. Bleachy. Maybe you could patrol Beachy head for your new found Unionists. Keep the French out. 

I think I'll answer ever post you make tonight, while I watch ink masters. 

Yes, I'm going to have me some fun. Nae luck! Bleachy. 

😂😂😂😂😂 “ Bleachy “ is a peachy of a nick name I liked it ! 😂

Really looking forward to the job hunt now. Nothing screams "employment opportunities" more than everywhere being shut for 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Norsemen that lot.

Always useful to have some berserkers on your side. Might also be useful for fast-attack motorbike troops.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Governments break rules to

Boris, Cummings and the other lot.

most people have done the right thing as honestly and as best they could.

Percentage wise, those in goverment have been more lax and broke more rules

Just now, redjambo said:

I don't think it's everyone. However it's enough people to have made a difference.

I deliberately framed it as everyone because the purpose required a full,  societal effort.  To only blame some causes division.  An earlier reply shows that even this failed to prevent division.

I'll say again,  without blaming individuals or groups or making judgements,  we have failed to live up to our part.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That’s assuming the tier and level systems, if adhered to, were enough to drive infection rates down. There is zero evidence this was the case. There is evidence that it was enough to stabilise it and slowly reduce it but it’s dragged the whole thing out like a slow painful death. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Really looking forward to the job hunt now. Nothing screams "employment opportunities" more than everywhere being shut for 3 weeks.

Sorry for your situation Norm. Hope something turns up. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye I know, sorry. Got a grump.on myself. Still, the majority are not to blame, imo.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

And I'd bet you'd still have to apply for whatever number of jobs that's on your job seekers agreement, even when everywhere is shut.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

So despite my workplace following all measures, and not recording a single case of transmission among staff or customers from August onwards, we've got to stay closed at a traditionally tough time of year anyway. She's really determined to make sure we're all suckling at the government teat rather than go to work. Pathetic.

Thought you were a teacher ? 

Mind you it's the Internet anyone can be anyone ? 🤔 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye I know, sorry. Got a grump.on myself. Still, the majority are not to blame, imo.

I'm surprised we're not at each other's throats today, to be honest. This year has been bad news after fecking bad news.

The very fact the UK leaders agreed to a 5 day relaxation and are now rolling back on it 4 days before it was due to start proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that they're not fit for purpose as leaders.

They either overpromised on something they could never be confident of adhering to or they thought it was wrong all along but where far too weak to voice that and instead went along with it.

Anyone defending them, sympathising with their position or continuing to vote for them needs their head examined.

SectionDJambo
23 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Do you actually know they've helped any? Maybe people wearing them have helped to spread the virus. Numbers would suggest as much.

Looking for blame at anyone other than the film in charge is pathetic tbh.

Places like Singapore, who have been much more successful in suppressing this virus than the UK, have got such belief in face masks that they’ve made sure everyone has access to them, and at a very reasonable cost.

This is a genuine question. How would wearing a face covering cause the virus to spread more easily than not wearing one? 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wimp :D

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Always useful to have some berserkers on your side. Might also be useful for fast-attack motorbike troops.

Indeed, even better if you feed them copious amounts of Skullsplitter beer.

CavySlaveJambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s assuming the tier and level systems, if adhered to, were enough to drive infection rates down. There is zero evidence this was the case. There is evidence that it was enough to stabilise it and slowly reduce it but it’s dragged the whole thing out like a slow painful death. 

I was back reading the plan for the level system. Each Level was supposed to only be for 2-4 weeks. Some of them have been a lot longer than that. 

The Mighty Thor

Aye its the people what did it.

Let concerts and the Cheltenham Festival go ahead.

Let the flights continue to roll in from everywhere

Let champions league games go ahead

Discharged the biological bombs into the care homes

All to seed it into the population.

Not to be outdone with their early efforts 'the people' then reopened schools, allowed kids to scatter the virus across the UK for Yooni, ate out to help spread it out even more  and now they've introduced a even more effective strain. 

Aye its the people right enough. 

3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I was back reading the plan for the level system. Each Level was supposed to only be for 2-4 weeks. Some of them have been a lot longer than that. 

It hasn’t worked. It was never really going to work tbh. Open the uni’s, shut the pubs, rule of 6, inside or outside. Maximum 3 drinks with a meal. Level 3 to level 2 then back to level 3. Shops shut then open then shut again. Load of shite. Go on holiday abroad but not to Blackpool. Don’t travel fro level 3 to 2 unless you fancy doing some recycling. 

Where has this nonsense led us? Lockdown. Months wasted. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Ffs,  found myself watching Strictly there.  Grabbed the remote,  ok snooker's on,  it's ****ing Selby.

:vrface:

Keep watching mate, there’s street dance on right now.🙈

Just now, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Did covid hear we had a vaccine & mutated to spread faster just to be a *****?

No,  but scientists seem to be wary of the mutations to follow and in response to the virus trying to transmit to people,  many of which will be protected against current strains.

Brighton Jambo
40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The prolongation of this torture is down to people,  not governments.  If people had really put their individual shoulder to the wheel then we would be in better shape.  We've ****ed it up through no fault but our own. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic