Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Some people will die from Covid, and that's their problem, not mine.

That how you want to play it?

That’s how you are playing it not me 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's a fair description of people who blindly follow their leader 

I there some on here that are cultists?

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Holland 5 week lock down, France intoducing curfews and reducing Christmas to 6 days.

Feck singing the 12 days of Christmas at double the speed, would end up sounding like Bill Barclay. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If there is one thing you can guarantee about a politician it's that they are in it for themselves.

I think a lot of them start of with good intentions but all successful ones end up corrupt. How anyone can actually put their faith in them is quite incredible. 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Feck singing the 12 days of Christmas at double the speed, would end up sounding like Bill Barclay. :laugh:

Eff it.

Max. 6 at Xmas gatherings.

:)

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A long time since I heard his version.

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

East Lothian into tier 3 today I reckon. ☹

Been looking likely since the end of last week.  Very similar case numbers to Midlothian without taking the population into account.  

23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Holland 5 week lock down, France intoducing curfews and reducing Christmas to 6 days.

I was meant to be in Amsterdam for Christmas. Despite the lockdown there, there are still flights going and the flights I was meant to be on are still going. Saying that they are probably still expecting people connecting onto Long Haul Flights there. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The British Medical Journal and the Health Service Journal are jointly calling for a rethink over Christmas, will anyone want to be the Politician that "Canceled Christmas"?

I cant see them cancelling it but may cut it down from 5 days.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The British Medical Journal and the Health Service Journal are jointly calling for a rethink over Christmas, will anyone want to be the Politician that "Canceled Christmas"?

I can't see them changing it. Bojo would get strung up by his back benchers.

Saying that, there's been plenty of U-turns performed in this pandemic 

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I have always thought this 5 day window was a political stunt so the governments don't have to enforce the rules, and they know families will ignore them regardless.

47 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Explain 

Telling people they've got blood on their hands, killing their grannies etc. You sound like a news reporter gagging for a reaction.

Hysterical. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think a lot of them start of with good intentions but all successful ones end up corrupt. How anyone can actually put their faith in them is quite incredible. 

I've always thought that myself. Ascend as high as possible up the political ladder and then do anything to survive at the top.

28 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I thought decisions were not being made based on politics, and it was all about following the science?

Redundancies have hit a record high in the UK for the 3 months up to October. 

800K+ more people out of work than there was at the start of the year. 

The economic impact of all this next year is going to be brutal I think.  

I can just imagine what those face to face Cobra meetings must be like . BJ being his usual buffoon , joking etc , Drake being well Drake and Foster being her usual self ‘ until happy Harry  Nicola turns up and they all sit upright and behave like naughty school kids 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

That’s how you are playing it not me 

I'm not playing it any way. I'm keeping myself to myself generally and seeing people who are happy to take the risk on themselves.

You're the one making thinly veiled comments that people have correctly called you out on about. I'm just saying if you want to go down the route of defining statements as not nasty simply because they're true you can't complain if people turn around and say 'not my problem' because as nasty as that is, it's true.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Redundancies have hit a record high in the UK for the 3 months up to October. 

800K+ more people out of work than there was at the start of the year. 

The economic impact of all this next year is going to be brutal I think.  

Won't affect the good people of Scotland as all we'll be talking about is Indy2 with the major issues put on ignore as usual.

Even when they first announced it I thought 5 days seems a bit excessive. Surely just make it Xmas Day and Boxing Day and that’s it. 

They've left it a bit late now to change their minds. People's plans will already be made. They're probably just hoping to raise some cash by fining people that made those plans in good faith based on the government relaxation of the 'rules'

39 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

If done properly the number of days shouldn't matter. You create the bubble and then the minute you do you aren't meant to see anyone else, then when bubble is broken you can't create it again. It is a one off come together and stay over at that house for a few days if required, then it's over, it's not 5 days of no rules.

Yea could not agree more, just think they will do something.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Fish expected to follow 

What good will that do if everyone bulk buys their booze beforehand?

What good will it do full stop when hospitality isn't the cause of the rise in cases?

If they keep go down this route as a puritan dictatorship stripping away our civil rights, it will result in trouble.

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Christmas relaxations being reviewed in England apparently. 

Sky News has just reported that Gove is to hold a phone call with the other 3 devolved nations this afternoon, it's expected to be about the 5 day Christmas break.

I expect something to change surrounding it, just what exactly, well we'll have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

How does reducing the number of days make any difference?

I get your point about of people are just seeing the same people (3 households) it makes no odds if it is 2 days or 5 days. But I fear a reasonable amount of people are just viewing this as a 5 day blow out for the end of the year. If the messaging was more along the lines of it is just one day, or even two days it might help limit things. Equally it also might not. 

On 13/12/2020 at 23:03, ArcticJambo said:

Tbh I'm not sure what you were originally point was, I explained what mine was and I stick by that.  There are no figures/data that will prove categorically one way or the other that there was spread from west to east/elsewhere (WELL, NONE THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO US ANYWAY) but it stands to reason that the likelihood of transmission from low to high is way more unlikely.  Of course the spread to the low regions from the high regions will take time, and imo that is what we're seeing now.  It slowly manifested its way out of glasgow and Lanarkshire into the surrounding regions in the west and south of Glasgow, and then into West Lothian, and it's now picking up in the rest of the Lothians and further afield.  That spread isn't going to be seen immediately, it takes time.  Like nobody travels out of Glasgow, or folks who live in west central scotland only work there and don't travel outwith their boundaries.  Ever had a wee look at the M8 westbound every evening, for instance, or the m80 southbound.  :lol:

Once again i agree with you almost entirely. It seems absolutely obvious that the vast majority of infection spread will be from high to low. However the figures do not support this view, at least not so far. You would expect transmission to be greatest and most obvious when the differential between high and low areas is biggest but this is not happening on any significant scale. In fact the reverse seems to be true if the figures are to be believed.

Many areas outwith W Scotland are now higher than those in some of W Scotland and so i believe that is because these non western areas previously had and some still have a more relaxed level of restriction. It is the different levels of restriction that have created the changing levels of infection in the main and not because we have become infected by disease ridden, law breakers from the west of Scotland as some would like us to believe.
           There is an agenda on here to undermine the government's strategy and one of the arguments being put forward is that people from the west are not observing the rules and that their refusal to do so is putting the rest of us at risk. It is then argued that people are not, and in the future will not, observe the rules because they are not working and because if some people are not observing them why should the rest of us. When you add in the notion that the rules are needlessly draconian and based on idiot scientists and ideologically driven politicians supported by cultists and people who are frightened of their own shadow then what we have on here is a campaign by people who have little or no expertise trying to undermine those who have.

The fact that the tier system can be shown to have worked and that currently we are one of the better performing countries in the developed world is clearly more than an irritation for Scotland's perennial detractors on here.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Voices in my head Guv, telling me it would be funny. Didn’t quite get reaction had hoped for 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm going to panic buy anyway.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm going to panic buy anyway.

To be honest you can't blame anyone for drinking themselves into oblivion after this year.

Scottish numbers: 15 December 2020

Summary

• 845 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+111]
  • 24 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+24]
  • 45 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 996 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-16]
  • 13,142 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 7.4% of these were positive [+2.228; -0.2%]

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

What? Banning alcohol sales?

Dang! I'll have to drink that honkin sloe gin I made. A half a pound of sugar and a litre of gin and bitter as bile.:18:

Per-board, per-100,000 case rates:

Scotland 15 [+2].

Ayrshire 22 [=], Lanarkshire 19 [+5], Lothian 19 [+4], Fife 18 [+7], Greater Glasgow 17 [-1], Grampian 15 [+4], Borders 13 [+3], Forth Valley 13 [+4], Tayside 9 [-3].

All the others: less than 5.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sloe gin's ok. If you do it right.

Tried Ursus vodka? Ooft.

Tbh there is not a lot to it. Picked the sloes start of November, froze them overnight, added the gin and sugar. Mind you, when I attempted home brew lager it went foosty,

Icelandic booze? I do like einstock so I'll give it a try.

Fxxx the SPFL

You can see and feel the smugness in justifying her decision to keep Edinburgh in Tier 3 she feckin should also have kept the Tier 4 areas in Tier 4 but no she doesn't want to upset her pals in the west

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Edinburgh cases up 40% in the last week. Decision to stay in level 3 vindicated.

That's ****ing mental. What do you think happened and why now?

It must be the hospitality that did it. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Edinburgh cases up 40% in the last week. Decision to stay in level 3 vindicated.

So why are cases sorry infections going up since we were in tier 3 anyway ?

Fxxx the SPFL

74 up to 92 40% sounds a lot but it's still miles below other so called Tier 3 areas

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Asymptomatic positive cases in uni students that are being mass tested?

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Run up to Christmas. More folk heading into shops, using public transport I'd imagine.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic