Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

What about the people at Starbucks or work after having gone and got themselves tested and tested +ve. This is those people she is talking about, they have been told to expect a call, they have been sent messages to explain how to prove it is legitimate. 

How can you possibly defend people who are knowingly putting others at risk. 

The track and trace system does need enforcement powers, to deal with those who block them or don't answer the calls, and check that these people are isolating.  That needs to happen at a local level where the Track and Trace people stick people onto the naughty list.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't speak to people much on the phone so when my personal phone rings and it's not a number I recognise I don't answer.

Not sure if that kind of thing causes an issue with track and trace or not, but I imagine I'm not alone in taking that approach.

Was Chief Mammy asked about why she ignored public health officials advice on Edinburgh? Or were the journos more interested in Glasgow's shops being open?

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Was Chief Mammy asked about why she ignored public health officials advice on Edinburgh? Or were the journos more interested in Glasgow's shops being open?

She was asked, but more or less said that she'd already explained her reasoning and given that numbers appeared to be on the increase, she was right and the public health officials were wrong.

One of the problems with the daily Nicola show is that the journalists don't get a follow up, so she can waffle on relatively unchallenged.

Edited by Candy

11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Same here. 

My Dad told it was a lot of crap so that was good enough for me.

Yes same with my dad . We never watched it on Xmas day . 

Scottish numbers: 14 December 2020

Summary

• 734 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-66]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-2]
  • 46 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 1,012 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 10,914 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 7.6% of these were positive [-6,322; +2.4%]

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 13 [-2].

Ayrshire 22 [=], Greater Glasgow 18 [+3], Lothian 15 [=], Lanarkshire 14 [-4], Tayside 12 [-5], Fife 11 [-8], Grampian 11 [-3], Borders 10 [-2], Forth Valley 9 [=].

All the others: less than 8.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well at least you have an excuse to duck out of the Cristmas shopping and can make use of the next couple of weeks to brush up on excessive masturbation. 

So, what do you do with the brush? Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

She was asked, but more or less said that she'd already explained her reasoning and given that numbers appeared to be on the increase, she was right and the public health officials were wrong.

One of the problems with the daily Nicola show is that the journalists don't get a follow up, so she can waffle on relatively unchallenged.

No chance of a reprieve tomorrow then.

Sincerely hope the good people of Edinburgh remember her treatment of them come May.

I'm hearing lots of parents are not sending kids to school until after xmas. Gives two weeks before family get togethers on Christmas day. Can see why. Four and a half days with not that much learning going on, especially the younger ones.

*source: Mum Mafia whatsap groups.

Edited by westbow

6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Sincerely hope the good people of Edinburgh remember her treatment of them come May.

I certainly will.

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

What about the people at Starbucks or work after having gone and got themselves tested and tested +ve. This is those people she is talking about, they have been told to expect a call, they have been sent messages to explain how to prove it is legitimate. 

How can you possibly defend people who are knowingly putting others at risk. 

Spot on Brian. Some of those cretins she describes need a boot up the hole

9 minutes ago, JyTees said:

The City of Edinburgh per-100,000 7-day case rate on 6 Dec: 70.

The equivalent case rate yesterday (I haven't seen today's figure yet): 102.

There *has* been a rise in cases in Edinburgh that means that it no longer merits a drop into Tier 2. The start of the rise was visible, just, last Monday/Tuesday when the tier-related decisions were being made.

However, don't let that stop you trying to jump on the issue and politicise it in line with your own political beliefs.

Nucky Thompson
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't speak to people much on the phone so when my personal phone rings and it's not a number I recognise I don't answer.

Not sure if that kind of thing causes an issue with track and trace or not, but I imagine I'm not alone in taking that approach.

If you test positive for the virus, you should be expecting a phone call from a number you don't recognise 

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There *has* been a rise in cases in Edinburgh that means that it no longer merits a drop into Tier 2. The start of the rise was visible, just, last Monday/Tuesday when the tier-related decisions were being made.

However, don't let that stop you trying to jump on the issue and politicise it in line with your own political beliefs.

Drink your Kool Aid Red, there's a good chap.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If you test positive for the virus, you should be expecting a phone call from a number you don't recognise 

Then I'll call them back based on the message they leave.

For that to be relevant though, I'd need to have gone for a test. If I hadn't, then I wouldn't be expecting a call. I thought the idea was if I'd been 'traced' as in contact with someone who had tested positive I'd be contacted to advised to go for a test?

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's the lack of information though. Yes, we can see that the numbers have risen within the last week or so but there must be an explanation for that somewhere as they were pretty steady, in fact reducing for a while. Is this in relation to the outbreak at HW? If so, then again, the whole of the City of Edinburgh is being punished unfairly. If it isn't, then surely there must be information available as to what is exactly causing the numbers to rise, and if so, why is NS not sharing this information with us? One thing that is for sure, it's nothing to do with hospitality so still no reason why bars/restaurants in Edinburgh are unable to open.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Then I'll call them back based on the message they leave.

For that to be relevant though, I'd need to have gone for a test. If I hadn't, then I wouldn't be expecting a call. I thought the idea was if I'd been 'traced' as in contact with someone who had tested positive I'd be contacted to advised to go for a test?

The link that Brian had posted was about people who had already tested positive and couldn't be reached to give details about their close contacts, or were contacted but they were out mixing with people.

I think if you are traced as a close contact, you are told to isolate and only get tested if you show symptoms 

1 minute ago, JWL said:

It's the lack of information though. Yes, we can see that the numbers have risen within the last week or so but there must be an explanation for that somewhere as they were pretty steady, in fact reducing for a while. Is this in relation to the outbreak at HW? If so, then again, the whole of the City of Edinburgh is being punished unfairly. If it isn't, then surely there must be information available as to what is exactly causing the numbers to rise, and if so, why is NS not sharing this information with us? One thing that is for sure, it's nothing to do with hospitality so still no reason why bars/restaurants in Edinburgh are unable to open.

My question is why seek
Advice from public health officials then ? If she is just going to ignore irrespective if she was right or wrong . She can’t just pick and choose when it suits her to follow their advice or not 

7 minutes ago, JWL said:

Edinburgh's numbers warranted a drop in tiers weeks ago, well before 6th December. Chief mammy didn't want to upset Glasgow. Edinburgh's businesses and citizens suffered as a result. If Red is intimating that chief mammy was able to forecast a rise in the infection rates for Edinburgh all those weeks ago, then he's a lost cause, like many of the indoctrinated.

Like you say, if the infection rates have increased regardless of Edinburgh's hospitality sector being restricted from trading for over 2 months, what was the point? Clearly it can't be hospitality causing the problem 🤔

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Yeah that's true. But then what about the app? That just alerts you, no phone call needed.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, JWL said:

They have expanded the testing capacity so they will find more positive cases. I think it has a lot to do with the mass testing of students going home for Christmas.

The positivity rate in Edinburgh is still about 5%. 

The SG has form for twisting the figures to suit, we were the only country to take the percentage of newly tested people instead of the percentage of all tests carried out. 

Thankfully a lot of people are starting to see through the Murrell mafia

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My question is why seek
Advice from public health officials then ? If she is just going to ignore irrespective if she was right or wrong . She can’t just pick and choose when it suits her to follow their advice or not 

Exactly, if she was advised to move Edinburgh to tier 2, the health officials must have an indication of the reason behind the rise in the numbers in the city. If they investigated thus reason and still recommended a move to tier 2, there's a hell of a lot more explaining to do.

14 minutes ago, JWL said:

Pretty much this but also I thought it wasn’t just about the number of positive cases. Seems it is when discussing Edinburgh. Forget this rise is simply in line with the amount of students or nhs tested lately. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some people in the pub trade are getting ready for tier 2 in Edinburgh.  They'll be disappointed as there's not a chance in hell of that.

Not exactly dripping with business acumen if that's the case.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some people in the pub trade are getting ready for tier 2 in Edinburgh.  They'll be disappointed as there's not a chance in hell of that.

Never fails 

6971140B-5F40-41ED-9D1C-2E4198790713.jpeg

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The public only learned of the health officials’ advice last week via second hand sources. The version released by SG was edited. So much for treating us ‘like adults’.

I’d say more “ censored “ than edited similar to various stasi like Govts of the past 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, JyTees said:

She's not that popular in Edinburgh anyway.

Piss poor opposition is keeping her in. Can't be anything else

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, westbow said:

I'm hearing lots of parents are not sending kids to school until after xmas. Gives two weeks before family get togethers on Christmas day. Can see why. Four and a half days with not that much learning going on, especially the younger ones.

*source: Mum Mafia whatsap groups.

I’ll vouch for that. I’ve had lots of emails over the last week saying that they’re kids aren’t coming to their sports class because they want to make the most of Xmas.

Many of those have said they’re cutting out school contact too

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Cant believe I'm saying this but.....can't be bothered playing with myself.

This virus is horrid huh?

:sob:

The cruelest symptom yet.

CavySlaveJambo
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I’m no expert on Edinburgh locals so can anyone tell me if this looks like students are driving the numbers up? It’s not HW now anyway. 

image.thumb.png.b7c4aafd54aa36957a5e4a5e161cc63e.png

The Heriot Watt data says they haven’t had any positive tests in the last week or so. 

The latest 7-day per-100,000 case rates around the councils. Illustrates that the SG made a mistake in not putting Aberdeen into tier 3 well before now.

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday       12 Dec 11 Dec 10 Dec 9 Dec 8 Dec
Clackmannanshire 3 188 190 -2     173 167 181 198 206
North Ayrshire 3 181 180 +1     177 160 145 154 155
East Ayrshire 3 175 161 +14     152 160 149 148 150
Dundee City 3 165 132 +33     125 111 104 112 115
Midlothian 3 163 151 +12     133 123 93 84 99
Glasgow City 3 154 141 +13     145 135 142 146 157
Renfrewshire 3 145 145 0     142 138 128 128 149
Aberdeen City 2 144 124 +20     120 114 96 95 80
North Lanarkshire 3 144 134 +10     131 129 141 142 140
South Lanarkshire 3 141 128 +13     134 127 124 124 131
East Lothian 2 136 126 +10     122 122 114 99 84
Fife 3 133 135 -2     132 118 114 106 107
East Renfrewshire 3 130 137 -7     124 119 125 127 137
South Ayrshire 3 123 116 +7     121 111 101 99 101
Perth and Kinross 3 113 104 +9     97 75 83 94 96
West Lothian 3 110 117 -7     110 125 122 123 122
Edinburgh City 3 109 102 +7     95 93 86 89 82
East Dunbartonshire 3 100 106 -6     106 104 100 100 96
West Dunbartonshire 3 94 80 +14     75 74 63 67 71
Falkirk 2 91 98 -7     98 99 104 80 71
Scottish Borders 1 87 82 +5     73 56 52 48 41
Stirling 3 84 93 -9     97 91 90 83 89
Aberdeenshire 2 80 89 -9     83 85 86 90 87
Angus 2 60 69 -9     66 60 55 65 59
Inverclyde 2 51 57 -6     63 57 51 54 60
Argyll and Bute 2 33 51 -18     49 48 154 162 165
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 22 15 +7     15 15 15 4 4
Dumfries & Galloway 1 21 23 -2     25 25 27 26 26
Moray 1 21 25 -4     22 19 14 15 19
Highland 1 17 18 -1     16 13 13 11 9
Orkney Islands 1 0 0 0     0 0 0 0 0
Shetland Islands 1 0 0 0     0 0 0 4 4
Scotland   112 111 +1     108 102 102 103 104

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JyTees said:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day per-100,000 case rates around the councils. Illustrates that the SG made a mistake in not putting Aberdeen into tier 3 well before now.

7-day per-100,000 cases              

Midlothian are going for it. They were going to be Tier 2 a couple of weeks back.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

7-day per-100,000 cases              

😉

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:spoton:

Tbh, as much as I want it to be true, I cannot see the logic of the FM keeping us in tier 3 out of malice, prejudice or pacifying the great west coast unwashed. It must be the threat of yuletide boozing not to mention a certain game kicking off 2:15 on a Sunday before Christmas. Large groups of blokes nursing a scotch egg and singing, shouting and dancing about in celebration after every goal, etc. Pains me to say, but I think they called it right.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The Haddows in craigmillar had exactly those partitions many years ago ! Closed now 

It was the one on Pennywell road that I first saw like Hannibal Lecters cell without the air holes. 
I would’ve felt safer behind that. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was the one on Pennywell road that I first saw like Hannibal Lecters cell without the air holes. 
I would’ve felt safer behind that. 

Lol 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Agree with this. 

The SG have always said they will apply some form of judgement. In this case the judgement applied looks the correct call; as disappointing as that is. 

Tier 4 after Christmas now seems more likely than tier 3. 

Aye, for a lot of businesses the first two, three months of the year are the slowest anyway. Might be better to get shit under control then reopen back of March.

Edited by westbow

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol 

Did you make it down to Diggers to get a pint? I noticed the Grovesnor were selling takeaway too. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you make it down to Diggers to get a pint? I noticed the Grovesnor were selling takeaway too. 

No not yet I’ll have to try this weekend I think there is something going on ? 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Agree with this. 

The SG have always said they will apply some form of judgement. In this case the judgement applied looks the correct call; as disappointing as that is. 

Tier 4 after Christmas now seems more likely than tier 3. 

Correctly called solely on positive cases ? How have the hospitalisations and deaths been over the same period ? If they haven’t risen then I’m not sure we can say it was the correct call. Positive cases we were always told wasn’t the only indicator used especially when Edinburgh’s positive case numbers were low. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic