Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The only number that matters is test positivity percentage. Sturgeon conveniently left that figure out for Edinburgh at her briefing.

The data you posted earlier had it go from 4.2% to  5.2%. Still below the National average.

She only uses stats that suit her at that moment. She is untrustworthy and a confirmed liar. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's only funny if you make fun of Boris and Tories. Not allowed to slag off NS. 

In truth it’s much easier. 2D3B8536-D85E-4F92-B0A5-BA5965993D9C.jpeg.8f76af5475ac168f471591e849871da8.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Really?

Yeah I’ve put a few things up, like earlier about student areas. I thought you had me on ignore, you seem the sensible type 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s maybe not down to students. I’ve no idea what it’s down to. I think I joined the conversation at the point you asked where students lived. I’d say students have added to the numbers but I’ve no idea to what extent. I’d expect quite a lot at one point but more of a hunch than anything based on hard facts. 

Students are congregated in certain areas, they still live in other parts and come into contact with folk from those areas. Unless there has been info published of every person who has had it we won’t know. All I know is there has been more outbreaks in student groups that I know that any other demographic. They really shouldn’t have been allowed to come back, and shouldn’t be in the new year either. That’s their opinion anyway, and I agree. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I missed the student post you put up, I don’t reply to everything I’ll admit. I am addicted to arguing about interpreting the data, mostly as I hate peoples false conclusions and blame culture, I then did the same thing myself. 

I assure you I don’t deliberately avoid replying to you. 

No problem. It’s a difficult thread to keep answering posts all the time. 
We just can’t say for certain what’s causing the increase and it doesn’t seem that anyone knows, or is telling, so we’re all grasping at straws really. The likelihood is it’s a combination of everything that’s been mentioned. Maybe a small lockdown in January might be the only way to get back on track. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I agree that especially if you look at the ages it is likely a combination rather than any one driving the rise. Unlike end of September when it was clear that it was the student population forming new households. 

It would make sense if the ones being tested just now before they go home are part of the reason for a spike but obviously can’t just be that. 
I can understand everyone’s frustration at the situation, and the Xmas problem that was going to happen no matter what anyone said. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Post-Brexit, post-Christmas lockdown. Cannae wait. We'll have Sturge, Ray Gin and a few others on here with all their told ye so stuff, we'll have scare stories coming from the vaccine's implementation because someone somewhere suffers an allergic reaction, and we'll all be no closer to being allowed back into Tynie. For them to continue restrictions for 12 months+ shows them all up to utterly incompetent. 

Did someone not say this time next year it will all be back to normal 🙈
I know your views on opening up the economy etc but I really think a wee lockdown might just help get it under control then the vaccine can kick in. But nobody really knows, I think they could’ve and still could do more to copy the places that managed this better like NZ/SK/OZ/Singapore etc. 

Im resigned to not going back to games until next season, the thought of sitting outside in this weather for two hours at a time doesn’t seem like a “normal” thing to do though. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Boris is just a second-rate Worzel Gummidge impersonator with a book of Churchill quotes. He's buttoned up the back, with Moggy and his nefarious pals actually pulling the strings. The only thing I can say in BJ's defence is that, at no point, has he claimed to have a scooby what he's doing.

He did say he had an oven ready “trade deal” which turns out was a withdrawal agreement. Something he should’ve done a lot more of perhaps 🙈
Watching him act the buffoon around Ursula Von Der Leyen like a horny teenager took embarrassing to a new level. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm concerned that the 'new normal' has become - for many - sitting at home, staring at a screen, shitting themselves every time the BBC fancies getting more eyeballs on their front page with another doom-laden proclamation about what 'could' happen. They should censor all CV19 news for the month of January and give folk some peace.

Re copying NZ etc, I think that horse has well and truly bolted for the UK. Our best hope now is rapid and successful vaccination followed by top-level course plotting to economic and psychological recovery. The very fact that people - and this is not a dig at you, PfK, even if we do disagree on some things - would welcome further lockdowns show how far our resolve and determination has fallen. It feels like a case of ach well, we probably can't be trusted to take care of ourselves, so thanks, government, order us to stay home and drink our Victory Gin from the safety of our sofas. Very sad.

Welcome to our world, we’ve been fighting the BBC and the media for a long time, given their access to the people who already sit on their sofa too much. 
We can still stop flights in an out, not this half arsed version we have now. 
As for another lockdown in January I’m bracing myself for it and I just don’t see another way to deal with this until the vaccine rides to the rescue.
My opinion of the SG has certainly went down in recent times, I’m not usually one for rules etc as the lovely mods would no doubt testify to. I know this sounds daft for someone who sells poison to the public but I wouldn’t want to pass it onto anyone and being in a high risk group working a high risk area I’m probably a bit more cautious as a result. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wouldn't know what oven-ready actually meant if it boffed him over his topper of a spiffing head. What-oh!

I wish he would stick his head in one 😱

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Welcome to our world, we’ve been fighting the BBC and the media for a long time, given their access to the people who already sit on their sofa too much. 
We can still stop flights in an out, not this half arsed version we have now. 
As for another lockdown in January I’m bracing myself for it and I just don’t see another way to deal with this until the vaccine rides to the rescue.
My opinion of the SG has certainly went down in recent times, I’m not usually one for rules etc as the lovely mods would no doubt testify to. I know this sounds daft for someone who sells poison to the public but I wouldn’t want to pass it onto anyone and being in a high risk group working a high risk area I’m probably a bit more cautious as a result. 

What do you actually mean by selling poison to the public? Are you a dealer?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What do you actually mean by selling poison to the public? Are you a dealer?

Yes, I’ve been selling alcohol to the addicted on an off for over 20 years. 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, I’ve been selling alcohol to the addicted on an off for over 20 years. 

Allow me to be first to offer my gratitude. 

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dunno.

I had an early morning visit from the KB plod myself today.

:muggy:

I got papped aff the tory thread for eff all. It seems using a certain swear by using a different word is a red card offence. Why is the C word such a big no no everywhere. Personally I think its a great word. It hits the spot. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I got papped aff the tory thread for eff all. It seems using a certain swear by using a different word is a red card offence. Why is the C word such a big no no everywhere. Personally I think its a great word. It hits the spot. 

:naughty:

Nucky Thompson

Watching BBC Breakfast this morning.

The BAME community are far less likely to get vaccinated than white people.

It interviewed a few people in the communities and there were answers like 'in our culture we'll just take honey and ginger'. Another said that it's up to God to protect her and the last guy said he didn't want the chip injected into him.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It interviewed a few people in the communities and there were answers like 'in our culture we'll just take honey and ginger'. Another said that it's up to God to protect her and the last guy said he didn't want the chip injected into him.

Bam pots.

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Honey and ginger must make a fortune selling it as a life saver. Detested it when I was younger but know I’ve just turned 50 I take it as to try make me feel better although it probably does nothing 😂😂

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Honey and ginger must make a fortune selling it as a life saver. Detested it when I was younger but know I’ve just turned 50 I take it as to try make me feel better although it probably does nothing 😂😂

Does it give you a buzz?

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t mind a ginger shot every now and then. Doubt it does much for your health but doesn’t half give you a jolt to wake you up. 

I prefer a regular shot on a ginger, but it keeps getting me in to trouble.

:(

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So many jokes... :) 

...so little wiggle room in 2020 to make them :( 

Possibly the most disappointing thing I’ve read, since the threat to cancel Christmas yesterday, 

A thread bans is just for Christmas and not for life. 

Do it, it’s not like your going to offend anyone you haven’t already🤷🏻‍♂️

We need more jokes........ that aren’t posters imo

I'm actually offended at the suggestion of a satirically offensive gag. Laughing at each other and ourselves is no laughing matter.

Ban for @jonesy pls mods.

:seething:

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mine was for calling you the same thing. :D

I knew you wouldn't mind.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I hope Ginger isn’t your cat!!

Believe me, I'd be in less bother if she was. :(

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I see what you did there. 

You were pollen his leg.

:lol:

How are you?

It’s a few weeks since you mentioned the problems you’re having.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I got congratulated at first for circumnavigating the swear filter, then I overdid it and got thrown off a thread  for it.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I got congratulated at first for circumnavigating the swear filter, then I overdid it and got thrown off a thread  for it.

What word was it?

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

522 school pupils,  students or nursery children tested positive in Scotland w/e 6 Dec.

Shut the schools for the good of the economy. 😁

I once got kicked off a thread in the Terrace a few years back about an ex-player because I said they were average in a number of positions but not exceptional and wouldn't make the step up.

No bad language, just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

4 Nations agree to keep Christmas restrictions break, but some of them might toughen them. 

That’s what’s being said, but surely it doesn’t make sense, either they agreed or they didn’t 

I wonder who that will be? 🤔

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

She?

9405D4E9-CBB3-4178-8883-BE1A28F8709C.png

:sadrobbo:

Would.

37 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Shut the schools for the good of the economy. 😁

Shut your gob for the good of the thread. :(

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

A bit of problem with the apps falsely notifying people to isolate. NS reassuring us is one of blip and the app is super duper.

I just deleted it. 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

How are you?

It’s a few weeks since you mentioned the problems you’re having.

Just plodding on. Nothings changed.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Steersman grates on me, she’s ducking awful. At least makes me change channel, think I’ll stick a Chrimbo movie on. 

Agreed, but she'd do for practice on a damp and windy Wednesday.

Edit. Infraction incoming for the bit in bold. :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Time will tell, by late January if looser restrictions over Christmas were worth it. 

Loads of scientists/ medical experts criticising it. But totally understand giving people a break. Some of the stories in media show how isolated a lot of people have been. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Would roll about with that Steedman lassie.

She has gone all poetic today but she is one of the best and clearest in what she says. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Steersman grates on me, she’s ducking awful. At least makes me change channel, think I’ll stick a Chrimbo movie on. 

Who? 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You know what you can do with your 'advice' Nicola :D

Bring your own cutlery 🤣. Someone else had suggested bringing your own turkey. Priceless . Imagine being stuck round the Christmas dinner table with one of those hectoring scientists this year.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Bring your own cutlery 🤣. Someone else had suggested bringing your own turkey. Priceless . Imagine being stuck round the Christmas dinner table with one of those hectoring scientists this year.

Are they making a new film "Carry on Christmas"?

That is as hilarious as it is imbecilic.

Packed lunches all round. Tupperware sales through the roof.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic